Days of Our Lives, Fri., Sept. 2, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Friday, Sept. 2, 2016

While the show seemed a bit slow today, good acting from all involved, as the mourning for Abigail continues. Jennifer is alone at home, walking around, finally going to sit on the floor, in front of a box of what seems to be Abby memorabelia. She takes out a music box, opens it, takes out a few baby pictures, which at first make her smile, but then, she holds one as she bursts into tears. Knocking at the door, it is Lucas & Adrienne, claiming to come ask a favor, but Jen knows they came to check if she had another relapse. She thanks them, says she already was at a meeting this morning, will go to one every day. They invite her out to brunch, she agrees, closes the music box and hurries out the door.

Chad is at a chapel, sits down in what appears to be the only pew, gets up to nearly leave, but returns. He sits down, and begins to talk to Abby, noting she used to pray, so he will, too. He does a heartfelt monologue, as he talks of how much he loved her, how he feels he failed her, apologizes for that, promises to always take care of their son. He intends to make DiMera Enterprises legit, Belle is going to help, make it something great for Thomas.

Philip comes to visit Belle, gives her the check for what she gave him to start up the record label He also gives her the news that Chloe is pregnant, he is the father, that they saw quite a bit of each other before he returned to Salem. Belle's face falls a bit. She figures he is cutting her out of his business completely. Yes, it is better for them all. He makes some reference to hoping Belle knows really what she wants, she answers she does, a life with Shawn. Philip leaves.

Claire arrives at Chloe's, has done a whole slew of errands already, even brought Chloe animal crackers to help with her nausea. They talk of Claire's song, Chloe thinks Claire has real talent, loves that song. might even sing it herself on the prospective album, but it will be Phil's call on that. She will talk to him.

Later, Chad & Belle meet, she has decided she will come in with him to "redo" the DiMera business, it is a big challenge for such a corrupt and disreputable company. He gives her his business plan, which will change the focus to more scientific & tech stuff. She is impressed. He mentions all the liquid assets being stolen by Sami, Belle gives no indication she knows anything. He asks where Sami is, she says even if she did know, why would she tell him? He smiles, admires her loyalty, hopes she will be as loyal to him. He always wants her honest & open with him. They walk in the square.

Jen, Lucas & Adrienne are in the square, sitting at a table. Jen spots a girl, her back is to her, but she jumps up, goes over, says "Abigail". The girl turns, "can I help you". Jen apologizes, thought she was someone else. Jen goes back to Lucas & Adrienne, hugs, as Jen talks of how she sees Abigail everywhere, the market, the street, just everywhere. Lucas notes he, too, saw Will everywhere after his death. He knows as time passes, this all will get better. Adrienne is offering comforting words, Jen is proclaiming wanting to be strong for Thomas, give him all the love and caring she can.
Chad & Belle come by, Chad says he is glad to hear that, it is what he wants, too. Jen wants to talk to him privately, Belle advises not, but Chad does anyway.

More or less in low, whispering voices, Chad & Jen argue once again about custody of Thomas, both noting the other is not capable, not strong enough yet. Jen is adamant that she realizes she could possible relapse again, she is grieving so much, and notes that Chad could, as well. She has a suggestion..that Lucas & Adrienne take custody, care for Thomas, even tho she has not talked with them about this, but she knows they would. She wants Chad to think about it. He doesn't answer, leaves immediately. Belle follows.

While they are talking, Ciara happens by, hurries into Club TBD, but comes back out again. A guy passes by, but stops, recognizing her. It is RORY. He says how he & JJ go way back, she wonders if he is expecting anyone. Nope, he invites her to some party, she declines, promised her mom to spend time with her. Some other time. O.K.

Philip is sitting alone, flashing back to making out with Belle. He calls Chloe, wants to see her now. They are together, talking of music, recording, mostly Claire. Chloe thinks she has potential, Phil does, too, but Claire is too raw. She needs time to get a thicker skin, etc. He gives Chloe a song, she sings some of it A Capella (no music)..something about Heavenly Roads. He thinks it perfect, just imagine in a studio. She worries about all this, during her pregnancy, he assures her nothing is going to really get going until after she has the baby and has recovered completely. Suddenly, he kisses her, she kisses him back. Non stop.

Chad sits with adorable Thomas, who pulls his daddy's nose. (made me laugh) He talks to him a bit, cuddles & kisses him, then calls Jennifer, telling her he made his decision. He will let Lucas & Adrienne take TEMPORARY custody of Thomas, Belle will draw up the papers. Jennifer thanks him profusely.

She hangs up, goes over to the music box, looking at the baby pictures again. She says aloud to Abigail that she knows she was not always there for her, but she promises she will be there for Thomas, always and forever. She takes the music box, winds it up, opens it to play, lays on the sofa, hugging a pillow. Doorbell.

Jen opens the door to find her mother, Laura standing there, arms outstretched, hugs, comforting words. Jen finally asks what she is doing here. Laura relies, "I have something to tell you about Abigail".

Definitely great scenes between Jennifer, Chad, Lucas, Adrienne, and Belle. Absolutely scenes that were well played on all angles. I do like how Chad brought up to Belle he knew Sami stole all the money and almost insinuated Belle can offer help even though he said he didn't care about the money anymore. I almost thought Belle was going to cave and tell Chad the truth!

Philip I think is just using Chloe to heal his loneliness he feels now that there is absolutely no chance for him and Belle. Which brings up another point about Belle why should she care when she is back with Shawn. Can't have all the attention Ms thing.

I enjoyed how Lucas defended Jennifer when he thought Chad was trying to intimidate Jennifer. Nice to see Lucas acting like the family man he is with Adrienne. Laura Horton showing up at the door was a nice surprise. Though asking about Abigail I think some Salemites will perhaps think Laura is off her rocker again, cuckoo LOL!

Rory and Ciara now that caught me way off guard. I for sure thought Ciara would jump for the chance to go to a party with a guy who can buy her alcohol. I actually wouldn't mind seeing something become of this and get her obsession of Chad gone.

I was really shocked that Belle, Chad's lawyer, would encourage him to hand over custody of Thomas to Adrienne and Lucas, no matter how temporary. My gut tells me this is bad and risky advice. I'm sure we can all predict that when the time comes, Chad is going to have a difficult time getting his son back.

As far as Jen, yes, she is mourning the supposed loss of Abby, but she still is doggedly harassing Chad about his lack of parenting skills. It was surprising that she admitted she wasn't in any shape to take Thomas either, but I have no sympathy for her on any level. She is and always will remain a self centered shrew.

Lucas notes he, too, saw Will everywhere after his death.
Too bad he was the only one. Why is this the first we're hearing of this?

On the mourn-o-meter, we're about halfway to Daniel Jonas-level mourning, and about on par with Stefano and Alice, and about 10 miles past Will in the mourning for Abigail.
he assures her nothing is going to really get going until after she has the baby and has recovered completely
We're in for some great drama watching this!!

I really like the idea about Adrienne and Lucas taking temporary custody of Thomas, it came about naturally. Adrienne and Lucas look really nice together now, too.

Yikes even a scene with Rory can't make Teen Ciara watchable. But at least it was a pop-up Ciara and that's an improvement. I can't wait for our next scene with Rory in 10 weeks. :sarcasm:

Jokes aside, I think the mourning is appropriate for Abigail. Jennifer's scenes are terrific. I kind of want more people to make the connection to Will. This is the kind of death that should reopen old wounds.

HOLY SMOKES! Talk about a cliffhanger!! A veteran return and a hint about someone we KNOW isn't dead? (Though this is surely a red herring, and the mother-daughter will just mourn together, but still, it's nice to have an actual cliffhanger-type moment on a Friday.) As for Laura, whom I have always liked, I hope she sticks around long enough to smack the blue out of Kate's hair.

I thought this was a pretty good week. I don't want to jinx it but it does make wonder if we could possibly be seeing a turnaround? If so it would be true to form in that it would be at this same time last year the show started to improve.

Moving on to today's episode the stand out scenes for me were Chad sitting in the chapel talking to Abigail and saying that loving her was the one thing he was good at. If you moved by that then you're a medical miracle because you're living with tin foil in place of a heart.

And of course there was Chad and baby Thomas. The show has been lacking a certain cuteness quotient and that scene definitely made up for it.

I'm glad to see that it appears that Chad and Jennifer are no longer going to be at each other's throats. But I still fail to see why it's necessary for Chad to give up his son even temporarily. What has he done in his grief that has endangered Thomas's well-being? I just don't get it.

Boy I'm glad we got those Ciara scenes because ....okay I admit I've got nothing. Talk about shoehorning something in. Did today's script come in a few pages short or something and they just needed filler to take up time?

To be honest even though I didn't like Ciara's crush on Chad as a story even though it didn't go anywhere I don't have the strong dislike a lot of people do. With that being sad if we could a break from her for a bit would displease me either.

It was a slow show, but there were some interesting things.

Belle took Chad's job and they talked about money problems because Sami
stole
the money. Since Belle just got her money back from Philip, I thought she might
give the check to Chad. Interesting what he said to about he didn't want the money
since it was tainted. Does he know Sami gave some money to Belle?

Nice to see Rory. I'm glad Ciara told Rory she was busy.

Belle thought it was a good idea for Lucas and Adrienne to take care of Thomas.
But she told Chad so he could concentrate on getting the DiMera business legit.

Good cliffhanger with Laura at the door and she mentions Abigail.

We'll have to wait until Tues to see what happens next since Days isn't on Monday.

Ciara is being written like a young Sami in my opinion. Kind of hangs out in the background stalking Chad much like Sami did to Austin. Seems to show interest in guys once they are not attainable like Theo now that he is moving on with Claire.

Oh, but Ciara still has a thing for Chad, she was totally embarrassed over the rejection and getting fired, probably figured she could go cry on Theo or Claire's shoulder, and another set back......Theo has moved on!!! Yes, with a little help from his friend. :)

Honestly, I just do not remember Sami EVER hanging in the background any time. LOL

Maybe Ciara and Rory could work. She might learn to play and even smile once in a while. Rory might not need to be stoned as much. Hopefully, Ciara wouldn't cause him to spin down with her.

Just a few odds and ends.

Philly K. is really a true Salemite -- in one episode, he spread a big lie (he's the father of Chloe's baby), then thought lustful thoughts about Belle, and then met Chloe and laid a big wet one on her.

Jenny the Wedding Planner: If she's to make sure the Lucas-Adrienne wedding is a success, her first priority should be that nobody gets shot. She might also try to think of ways to make sure that nobody stands up in the middle of the ceremony and starts objecting to the proceedings as old Chad did at the Nicky-Gabi matrimonials.

Rory: He should run directly back to Bev, without passing Go and collecting $200. Teen Ciara is insufferable and could even wipe the smile off cheerful Rory's face. Theo doesn't know how lucky he is that she's not into ordinary, decent guys.

I was really shocked that Belle, Chad's lawyer, would encourage him to hand over custody of Thomas to Adrienne and Lucas, no matter how temporary. My gut tells me this is bad and risky advice.
Assuming that Lucas and Adrienne agree that this is a temporary arrangement, this may not be bad advice. In any child custody proceeding the standard is always the best interests of the child, and Belle should be encouraging Chad to do what's best for Baby Thomas.

Well, no idea where Lucas or Adrienne live, except perhaps each in a room at the Salem Inn. Neither has mentioned an apt. And evidently Gabi gave up the one she lived in with Ari after Will died.......preferring instead to mooch off Rafe, like Dario, Mami & even Mami's friend, Blanca.

So, there just may be something we don't know yet. Because, actually, I don't think Jen has mentioned this to her brother yet, and we do know Chad has not talked to them either.

Thanks for the summary. What was the point of Ciara hanging around? It was nice to see Rory, but did these guys even know each other? Just doesn't make any sense.

Philip lusting after Belle and then going to use Chloe as a rebound is pathetic. Really wish they would keep these two platonic if they're going to have Chloe pregnant with another man's child.

Thank goodness Belle will have something else to do besides constantly being around Philip. I think she shouldn't have been involved with him in the first place--it made watching her insufferable. I like that she'll now be working more with Chad---far more interesting. While I'm not a fan of Lucas & Adrienne as a couple, I do admit that they'll be good guardians for Thomas. I just don't get why anyone thinks Chad isn't ni the state of mind to raise his own son. Sure looks like it to me.

Glad Laura is back. Here's to hoping she can knock some sense into Jennifer.

@DrBakerFan. Yes in the real world the best interest of the child is paramount. However the process begins when neglect is reported and a social worker determines the removal of the child is in order. Unlike grandma Jen's drug induced display in Horton Town Square and her recent drug/alcohol relapse, there hasn't been any evidence or sign that Thomas is being neglected.

Chad just lost the love of his life and is totally alone, no shoulder to cry on or family to support or see him through his grief. His alcohol induced tantrums (not saying it's ok, he should know better) are never around the child. Who among us could handle this loss without suffering some degree emotional turmoil? Then again, this is lawless, there are no rules, depends who you are, Salem.

I didn't hate seeing Rory with Ciara. That brief scene had 2 things I liked: a mention of Ciara and JJ being cousins and pop up Ciara. I'm sure this is going somewhere bad but I will take Rory any way I can get him.

Hope has been noticeably scarce the past couple of weeks. I don't mind it but she should be in at least some of the mourning scenes with the Hortons. She was there when Will died.

We also haven't gotten a Belle/Shawn scene in a couple weeks either.

Back