Days of Our Lives--Friday, 3/06/15

I really think that Jordan is going to be recast eventually, especially with Ben and Clyde still in Salem. So I'm not getting too excited just yet.

Melissa Reeves (Jen)'s acting has been off the charts this week. Unfortunately this storyline is now starting to drag as well. We don't need 3 full days of Jen threatening to tell Paige. And yes Jen really does need her own storyline. I am beyond shocked that Daniel has not been pulled into this yet. It also will be interesting to see if Jen confides in him given what she told Eve.

I'm all for trying out Abigail with Chad, especially if a recast EJ shows up. I'd like to see them test out Ben in Melanie and/or Jeannie's orbit. But I understand in the short term we will probably see a triangle with Ben/Abby/Chad.

Lucas and Adrienne on the phone was just weird.

I thought this was the slowest moving episode of the week. I actually watched it twice due to a phone call and still had trouble following it.

It was a bad day for those that can't handle the truth: Eve who thinks she can still influence her daughter and Will who thinks everyone else but himself is to blame for his marital problems. The sooner these two get a grip and face reality the better. And as others have said, Jenny is delusional if she thinks JJ and Paige getting back together is a great idea. There are far too many skeletons in the closet for this relationship to have a future. Speaking of Jenny and Eve, couldn't this pair have chosen a better place than right in front of the Tom and Alice plaque for their nasty confrontation? Their actions bordered on sacrilege. Finally it's good to hear that Rory is taking a serious academic program and not Salem U.'s fluff courses. Hopefully, he'll pass chem lab and if he needs help with psychology he ought to seek help from Marlena. She'd probably welcome the chance to talk to somebody normal.

Is it me or has Jennifer lost her mind? Is she really going to force JJ and Paige back together while withholding major information from Paige? All that's going to do is ruin Paige's faith in Jennifer when the secret inevitably comes out. They can't stop talking about it! Someone's bound to overhear. JJ may feel like this is the only girl he'll ever love, but that's when a mother says, "I know you feel that way now, but there will be other girls." Jennifer's obsession with her son's love life is pathological.

As for Jennifer telling JJ that "there are other fish in the pond", what kid believes that???

Guess I misinterpreted the scene....because it appeared to me that Jen knew JJ was just all upset, had no one to blame but himself, so Jen made sure Eve was going to no longer interfere or prevent JJ & Paige being together.....if that is what they want. However, Jen did warn him repeatedly that it is best to tell the secret himself, that they have a way of coming out, and when they do, it is not good, rather horrible. And she did try and tell him that there COULD be someone else for him in the future. JJ, however,is convinced he could never love another, etc. etc.
So, Jen again warns him, but now, it is up to JJ......and Paige, too. He can try and get back with Paige, and be honest, or whatever else he thinks.Jen has pointed out (and rightly so) that initially, Eve manipulated him. But he knows full well, that after that, he could have walked away any time, but instead chose to repeat again and again.
I think that even if Paige manages to forgive him for "moving on", and they are together again, JJ's continued guilt is going to gnaw at him. Paige truly needs to get to Stamford. !!!

Watching Will with Paul on Friday I found it hard to believe that this is the same person who less then a year ago was adamant about confessing to Nick's murder because he thought he was protecting Sonny. Yes that was a stupid and destructive thing to do but there was something admirable about his reasons for doing so. Now all I see is a weak, hypocritical little twerp who wouldn't know the meanings of the words "maturity" or "responsibility" if they bit him on the nose. What the heck happened?

One good thing about Serena and the Dumbo Dilemma is that whenever I watch those scenes all I can think of is this amusing little story that I found one while surfing the net a couple of years back.

A frog decided to take out a loan in order to go on vacation so he went to the bank and went up to a teller whose name tag said "Patrica Wack" and said: "Hello Mrs. Wack, my name is Kermit Jagger and Mick Jagger is my father. I'm a friend of the bank president. I would like to take out a loan to go on vacation and I can offer this as collateral." He holds up an elephant figurine. The teller takes the figurine and says "Excuse me a moment." She goes into the bank president's office and says: "There's a frog out there that says he's a friend of yours and the son of Mick Jagger. He wants to take out a loan to go on vacation and wants to offer this as collateral," she holds up the elephant figurine. "What is it?"

The bank president looks at the figurine for a moment then replies, "It's a knick-knack Patty Wack give a frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Back