Days of our Lives - Friday, April 12, 2024

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
41 minutes of whine and wine.

Paulina at a table with a laptop as Sarah comes in. Her lemon honey candy was better than the strawberry candy. Paulina whines about being isolated. Sarah is in a paper gown. They discuss how the radioactive medication works. This takes about 38 of the 41 minutes

Konstantin thanks Maggie for opening her home to him. Maggie doesn’t want Konstantin to leave, there has to be a way for him to stay. Perhaps there is.

Cut to Julie walking the halls with a book muttering "what a day, I’m in such a bad mood perhaps some elixir of the gods" and she knocks back some wine. She whines this place is chaos 24/7, too many guests, too much drama, too many babies yowling, children stampeding up down the stairway, cookie crumbs in everything. Thomas runs by, knocking her wine away.

Honeymoon cabin: Johnny and Chanel return from a brisk lovely walk that they cutely banter. Johnny brings some of their favorite wine, Castello di Monsanto Chianti, and they discovered they liked it in the little café on Via della Lungaretta, Café Tornino, Johnny brought in their favorite dinner from that place.

Abe and Sarah talk about “their” favorite patient. Abe will visit her virtually. In a few days they will scan her and see how radioactive she is. When she drops to an acceptable level she will be released.

Thomas and Julie have a conversation, about running through the house. Thomas brings up the weather, apparently there is a cold front coming that no one saw and they are trapped in a house, that was, in this conversation: A) so large that a game of hide and seek you could stay hidden for a long time or B) is so overcrowded that everyone is on top of each other. Take your pick. Julie wishes she had been hidden. Thomas offers to get her another glass of wine.

Konstantin has a work visa? He can’t extend it because he doesn’t have family, too old to join the army, so he brings up marriage. Maggie says wouldn’t that bring up a lot of red flags? She tells him they will find a way to extend the visa.

Xander comes in with Victoria, and Konstantin congratulates him for his good luck. Xander says that luck had nothing to do with it, he was innocent. But I did have some good luck today, did I hear you are having visa problems, Konstantin? Do you need a ride to the airport? Maggie angry stares at Xander.

Johnny and Chanel continue to talk about food as they eat. Johnny runs outside to get something, it’s really cold outside. He comes back with two sticks.

Sarah has set Abe up on the computer to chat with Paulina, another 35 minutes pass.

Julie can’t wait to go home again. Chad apologizes for the wine spillage, Thomas has to stay out of the bedrooms, those are private areas. The game starts again. Thomas goes into a bedroom.

Maggie tells Xander why Konstantin must go. Konstantin explains that in this country home could be anywhere. Xander mutters he knows a million reasons why Konstantin doesn’t want to go. Maggie hears and snaps at Xander, Konstantin then says if Maggie wants him to stay. Xander tells Konstantin to be up front about it.

Konstantin can’t go home because certain criminal factions in Greece have made it very clear that you can never go back. Konstantin just stares at Xander. Maggie thinks there might be logistical issues. Xander and Maggie discuss things, working at the Spectator or go to work for Titan. Teeny tiny Victoria is teething.

Julie is in the hallway, runs into Maggie. Julie has had it for the day, she wants a day away. Maggie will watch over Doug as Julie flies away, thrilled to get out of an overcrowded house she is, in fact, a guest in.

Paulina and Abe talk. Paulina is angry EJ has called a press conference without giving notice to her office. She hangs up on Abe and calls EJ’s office. EJ is ducking her.

Johnny discusses the joys of s'mores and how his sticks were forged by mother nature herself to make the s'mores for them. They make s'mores. If you are still awake after this scene, congrats.

Xander has soothed Victoria, Maggie returns with the ring, and Chad comes in. He is looking for Thomas. Xander wants to chat with Chad for a minute, so Konstantin tells Maggie this is a perfect time for us to take a stroll.

Paulina’s room: Chanel contacts her. Paulina whines. Two days pass, Chanel and Paulina hang up. Paulina gets a text.

Thomas is jumping on a bed in a room that’s not his. He starts snooping as in opening drawers and going through items in said drawers. Hidden in a book Thomas finds the Pawn card. He thinks it’s so cool.

Chad has figured out that Xander is not a fan of Konstantin. Xander tells Chad that he wants to be more active in the Spectator. Xander asks after Everett, Chad says he’s a great reporter, has a good instinct, but has been a bit distracted lately. Chad won’t go any further with the Everett story. Xander wants to find out who framed him. He figures it won’t be high on the police’s list of things to figure out. Why didn’t we have more on Stefan’s arrest? Chad says that for his mental health he stays out of his family’s business. Xander wishes Chad good luck in finding Thomas and they part.

Konstantin and Maggie have wandered to the park, or some corner of the estate. They talk of how lovely Salem is. Konstantin says this place feels right for me. Really, says Maggie.

Paulina and Abe talk, Abe went behind Paulina’s back and contacted someone on her behalf. Paulina continues to whine. They discuss the weather. A snow storm will be hitting the Smith Island in a couple of hours, while Salem will just be getting flurries.

Johnny has a plate of s'mores. Chanel worries about her mom. Johnny thinks Paulina is doing great and she will be fine. They start their honeymoon activities, as Julie barges in.

Paulina is still giving Abe instructions on plant care. And whines about being isolated.

Julie wants to know why they are there? Chanel says Sarah said they could stay. Julie remembers it’s their honeymoon, she will leave right now, but apparently, there are no street lights, the horrors. (I guess the ferry captain has retired as there is no mention of needing to take a ferry to the island) The extremely long part of this, Julie will take the bedroom and the kids will have the couch.

Xander meets up with Sarah at the pub. He’s cranky that Konstantin is moving in on Maggie. Sarah thinks he is overthinking Konstantin. Xander does not like Victoria being with Konstantin. Sarah points out that ever since her mom paid off Konstantin's debts things have been quiet. Xander points out that the kind of people who Konstantin owed won’t give up they will come back for more.

Maggie and Konstantin are sitting outside and it’s not snowing, whereas where the hospital is located is was snowing. They discuss how Konstantin is hanging around a town where so many people have done such horrible things to him. What Steve and John did to him, what Victor did to him. Konstantin wants to dance with Maggie, so they dance.

Thomas is looking at the card thinking how cool and great it is. Chad finds Thomas, who quickly hides the card. Chad asks if he touched anything in Mr. Konstantin's room? Thomas says no, I promise, and runs out of the room with the card.

Good morning this is rough!! Did the scabs do any research about any character at all? Julie used to LIVE ON CRUISE SHIPS. Why is she getting claustrophoia in a mansion!?!?!?

Oh right - DUH PLOT - so she can ruin Chanel & Johnny's honeymoon. Every single guess we had on this board was better than this lame excuse.

I knew Konstantin would say marriage. So tired of Maggie being played for the fool. I love how hearing works in Salem. If Xander was 3 feet away, he wouldn't hear a thing. Not even in the room to hear everything.

Really, Julie went to Horton cabin? What is the purpose of this nonsense? Honestly, I was expecting Allie.

So Thomas, who is a liar, (No daddy, I didn't touch anything, I swear) has the magic card. Is he going to show it to John? Might be interesting and hoping the end of Konstantin.

How about Thomas uses the card to get John to spend lavishly at his favorite candy and toy stores. (Imagine how much more young Ciara could have squeezed out of Sami if she’d had that card.)

Sarah really needs some consistency. She never shut up about Maggie marrying Victor yet she tolerates the odious Konstantin. She badly needs a reality check.

Julie also needs a reality check. If she was bored at the K-mansion, she’ll be driven crazy stuck in a small cabin with Little Johnny and his cookie-baking bride who, like her mother, never shuts up.

If Immigration won’t get rid of kreepy K, the old Xander should return for a short time and put Konstantin in a cage or stuff him in an overheated crawl space. After all, Konstantin is doing too well with gullible Maggie and must be stopped!

Thanks, robin. I love your description of the show wining and whining.

Interesting to see Sarah in the protective outfit when she saw Paulina.

I didn't realize Smith Island was so far from Salem. Abe told Paulina the worse of the storm was going there.

When did they put a bridge to the island? We always heard people had to take a ferry to get there.

Will Maggie ask Justin to help Konstantin?

I guess doll-in-blanket had the day off since it didn't look like Xander was holding a baby.

Oh my, Thomas lied to Chad that he didn't touch anything.

If Immigration won’t get rid of kreepy K, the old Xander should return for a short time and put Konstantin in a cage or stuff him in an overheated crawl space. After all, Konstantin is doing too well with gullible Maggie and must be stopped!
Maybe Vivian can come back to bury him alive or Kristen can drug him with the mind altering drug and ship him off to the deserted island :).

I can see Julie needing to get away to be by herself, sort of, except it would seem to me she'd take Doug with her. I don't see her being annoyed by his presence, but I understand why they wrote it this way (obviously - the actor wasn't well).

They really are making Maggie silly. She's not worried at all about his being yet another former gangster, his having a grudge against her long-time friends, or his sudden need to linger in Salem when (as Xander pointed out) he's at least in part hiding out from trouble? She got with Victor after knowing him for decades and experiencing the softer side of him over a period of time. He had ties to her family and friends. Konstantin is a random unknown quantity who LIED to her about multiple things when he first came to town. If she marries him, even for convenience with a pre-nup, Sarah and Melissa should get a conservatorship over her.

I have faith (god help me) that this is heading for a moment when Xander saves the day and, in the process, finds out he's the true heir.

Seeing Xander happy is the one thing that keeps me steadily caring about this show right now. I also want Nicole to get her baby back, but I know that a) how that shakes out is up in the air since the actress has been let go and is suing the show and b) it will probably mean a reunion with former Father Sourpuss.

If Nicole reunites with Eric it won't last because she's leaving in sometime summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back