Days of Our Lives - Friday, April 28, 2023

Daysdegrassi

Reaction score
A boring show full of small-talk, chatter, and this lousy storyline once again taking up space on a Friday cliffhanger.

PART 1:

Patch brings Kayla some Greek yogurt with fruit, he reassures her that Bo is tough and will make it through. Roman shows up and embraces his sister, can't believe all that's happened. They small-talk about everything that happened, and comfort Kayla. She explains that Hope is sitting with Bo in the hospital, they worry about her, Kayla will go to the hospital to check in. Roman needs some time to catch his bearings, and Steve offers to stay with him.

They worry about Shawn-D and Hope, but especially Shawn-D. Patch brings Roman some coffee for the jet lag, understands why Roman stayed behind because of what happened with Kate. Roman knows that Bo wasn't really responsible and wants him back alive for the family, but will have trouble looking at him the same after he took Kate away from him.

Shawn-D flashes back to the shooting when Ciara comes up, they hug. There's lots of small talk, Ciara reassures Shawn-D that this isn't his fault, it was an accident, Bo wasn't himself. Shawn-D continues blaming himself for going in like an idiot guns blazing. She tells him that Hope doesn't blame him, they just got their father back, Shawn-D worries he won't make it. Ciara can't think that way, believes Bo will make it, wants to go see him but Shawn-D lets her go inside first.

Hope is comforting and talking to Bo at his bedside, he wakes up to "Fancy Face" and they kiss. She tells him he survived a gunshot miraculously and wants to get the doctor. He tells her to stay, he never wants to be apart again, but it's all a daydream of Hope's. She needs him to come back to her for their second chance. Kayla shows up, hugs all around, everyone is crying and happy that they are all OK, hoping for the best for Bo.

Kayla tries seeing if her college Greek classes pay off, reads the medical file but it says nothing they don't know, Hope discusses the dream she had, Kayla says people are praying for Bo, more small-talk about what he has been through. Ciara arrives, more teary-eyed hugs, she is in disbelief, sits beside Bo.

Ciara talks to Bo and updates everyone on Shawn-D's guilt, but he walks in just as Kayla says she'll go fetch him. Kayla decides to go update Roman and Patch. Shawn-D apologizes to Hope, she doesn't blame him, Bo would agree, this conversation goes in circles. Ciara tells Hope she needs food and rest, Shawn-D agrees and sits by Bo to comfort and talk to him.

Hope decides to go shower, change clothes, eat and rest, as long as they stay in the room and call her with updates, which they will. Ben stayed with the baby despite wanting to come, Ciara asks Shawn-D about Claire and Belle, everyone is fine. Ciara talked to Chelsea, who can't make it because she is pregnant. They cry and talk about how Bo needs to meet his grandchildren and spoil them. Meanwhile, Hope is outside praying to God not to take Bo away from her anymore.

Kayla tells Roman and Patch that Shawn-D and Ciara are keeping Bo company while Hope goes to get rest. Roman agrees to go see Bo, Kayla and Patch chat about how difficult this all is, she isn't sure what really happened to Kate. Andrew arrives (see below), they update him about Bo. Andrew talked to the surgeon who operated on Bo and they found something interesting in his brain, which wasn't in his chart, a microchip.

The ISA has files on the DiMera chip technology, Patch update Andrew on his own past with the chips, Kayla wants to look at the memory on the chip to see what Megan and Bo were up to. Inside the room, Roman comes in, hugs all around, small-talk, Roman comforts Shawn-D. Roman talks about how Megan is responsible for screwing with Bo's brain and for everything else that Bo did. They all sit by Bo, comfort and talk to him, Roman wants him to come back to them.

Stephanie and Chad have woken up, she asks if he spoke to the kids, but it's the middle of the night in Salem. She is praying that her Uncle Bo makes it through, some small talk. Stephanie rants and raves about Harris to Chad, but Chad tells her that Harris basically saved him and helped with Thomas Banks. They continue their small talk, flirting, kissing, hugs. She stops Chad because she feels guilty about everyone worrying, Chad tells her that she has been taking care of everyone and they'll call with updates, so the kissing turns into lovemaking. In bed, they wish they could stay forever like this, then they talk about her family needing her, worry about Bo, Chad comforts her.

Harris sees news on his smartphone, then opens the door to Andrew. He apologizes, believes he played a part in his Uncle Bo's shooting, which is why Andrew is here. Andrew has been updated that Harris knew Bo was alive and kept it secret, Andrew was grateful about everything with Thomas Banks, they chat about everything with Bo.

Harris tells Andrew about running into Stephanie. Later, Harris enter the lobby as Hope enters the building and they see each other. Hope notices that Harris is packed, he says it is best that he leaves, she asks to where. Hope lets him know she returned to change and shower, he asks about Bo. Hope updates him on Bo's condition, Harris apologizes and Hope asks why he kept the secret.

Harris says the obvious, he is selfish and wanted Hope for himself. Harris also says that Bo warned him not to tell Hope, she says he of all people should know about Megan's mind control, is mad he didn't come clean sooner because she trusted him, he wishes he had but he did in the end. (Sorry folks, Hope is an idiot and this is sooooo stupid). Hope decides to go but Harris needs to tell her he knows he screwed up but never had something real the way they did, didn't want to let go. They both truly cared for one another, but Harris knows she will only ever truly love Bo, they bid each other goodbye.

Ciara talked to Chelsea, who can't make it because she is pregnant.
Funny, exactly 15 years ago today, Chelsea was told she couldn't have children.

54ea798ee113c1e80d57c14806fb9190.jpg

PART 2:

Hope enters, hugs Roman, they all chatter, Hope needs alone time with Bo. Ciara will go update Ben, asks Shawn-D to join her to say hi to his nephew, Roman will check on his sister and Patch. Hope sits by Bo and talks to him, they have to chat about Harris. Hope updates the unconscious Bo about what happened with Harris, she knows it was Megan's fault, she needs him to come back, blah blah blah.

Nurse Angela comes in to comfort Hope, it'll all be alright in the end. Hope will never give up, they have true love, Angela agrees, more of the same conversation about their history and Angela encouraging her. Hope crawls on the bed and lays against Bo's chest, teary-eyed. Angela goes away after telling Hope to hold on until the sand finishes pouring down the great hourglass. Bo's eyes flicker and his hand slightly moves.

Harris is stopped from leaving by Chad and Stephanie, they talk about Bo. Stephanie admits she doesn't know if she can forgive him for not telling them about Bo sooner, but they're both grateful about Thomas Banks. Harris hopes for the best with Bo, he has a lot of folks who care about him and a lot to live for, he leaves.

Andrew is looking at the chip's hard drive on the computer with Patch and Kayla. Roman walks in, greets Andrew, they update him on the chip. They all talk about Megan, the chip, DiMeras, Roman wants to know what happened to Kate so he encourages him to keep looking. Finally, the chip scan finishes, there's a video file of Kate. They watch it upon Roman's request. Roman thinks it is hard to watch, but we see that Bo shot in the air and told Kate to run away before he changes his mind. Everyone is elated, she is alive still, but where is she? We see her on a boat chopping a fish.

Ciara finishes her FaceTime with Baby Bo and Ben (we don't see them). She is crying, Shawn-D comes back with drinks, they talk about her family, Ben can't believe that Bo is alive still. Ciara tells Shawn-D about how Bo's spirit came down to save her when she was giving birth (was wondering what happened with all of this). How did all of this happen? They chit-chat, Bo always comes down to find and help his family and must this time.

Chad and Stephanie walk upon Ciara, greetings and hugs, talk about family, updates about Bo and Shawn-D, who went back to the hotel for phone calls to his family. Stephanie is informed that her family is upstairs, she tells Ciara never to give up because she and Bo deserve a miracle.

Oh, my gosh, thank you, DaysG for a really excellent summary! Which seems to read better than watching it.......since it seems ReRon lives up to his nickname with all the chit chat that apparently goes on. Was not going to watch, but am gonna just have to see Kate chopping fish......again! LOL, clever of ReRon to bring that past scene forward to the present.

Was wondering if there was really gonna be a Part 2 (since a couple of posts after Part 1 showed up) but there you were. Appreciate it all.

Well done, DaysD!

Wonder who rescued Kate running around Greece in a hospital gown? At least Roman was able to see what happened, and this is what we all were pretty sure happened, that Bo did not shoot Kate.

When Hope was snuggling up to Bo, I kept yelling at her, "Don't slide down so far, you will never see his face if he opens his eyes!"

In Beyond Salem 2, Nurse Angela was just Angela, an Angel who, if I recall correctly, controlled the remote Bo used to see his family back in Salem on the huge monitor in Heaven. Now she is an Angel on Earth.

Shawn's guilt is going to take over his life, but I would feel the same way, overwhelmed with those feelings.

This is for Hope:

Last edited:
Harris is driving me crazy! He knew Bo was alive for what like an hour before he sent Hope. He keeps taking all the blame.

Stephanie really liked Alex. I can't believe all those feelings are just gone. And yeah, your mom just got back from the dead, Uncle Bo is shot and clinging to life but yeah let's have a little roll in the hay. Really don't like Stephanie and Chad. Or just Chad. I kind of can't wait til Abigail comes back from dead and says you're dating who?!

We all knew Kate wasn't dead and guess they think it's a cute nod to the past that she's dealing with fish.

Was hoping Bo would open his eyes. We leave on RV trip tomorrow so not sure how up on it I'm going to be. Though may have time to watch on phone. We'll see.

Yup, I also was thinking it's silly for everyone to be SO mad at Harris, because he told Hope basically just a few hours later about Bo. I would understand being disappointed, but he did the right thing very quickly and when he didn't have to, just comes across as contrived and silly to me.

Today’s episode could have been called “Adventures in a Greece Without Greeks.”

As for the content, it could hardly be called exciting.

The endless vigil at Bo Brady’s bedside.
Stephanie in bed with Chad, the world’s dullest DiMera.
Shawn’s predictable guilt trip.
Periodic appearances by Harris (and his stylish t-shirt) doing what he does best — boring the viewers.
Kate chopping fish.

Perhaps, the most significant development was Kate with her fish. This means if Roman turns the Pub back into a fish market, she’ll be ready.

Last edited:
One of the questions that arises from recent developments in Greece is why Shawn hasn’t been arrested for illegal gun possession. Greece has very strict gun laws and even a visiting cop would need to get a permit. Since Shawn arrived on short notice and has been in Greece for a Salem second, it doesn’t seem likely he’d have one.

Imagine the conversation if the Greeks did charge Shawn with illegal gun possession.

Victor: I have only limited influence in Greece. I’m not wasting any of it on Shawn Douglas Brady.
Harris: Sorry, can’t help. We just pretend that the ISA has any influence.
Rafe: Oh great, Shawn’s been arrested. I hope Jada behaves herself or I’ll be fresh out of cops.

Last edited:
Thanks, DaysD.

It's a miracle Chelsea is pregnant, but she has to stay in bed until the baby is born.

Andrew sure gets around. He's in Greece, then he's in Salem, now he's back in Greece.

It's great Andrew had a special ISA laptop. He was able read the microchip that was in Bo's brain
and everyone knows Kate is alive.

Is Chad working out or is his shirt too small to make it look like he's working out?

I'm with Stephanie, I don't think I'll ever like Harris and if I was Hope I would have slapped him.

It's interesting the hotel everyone is staying in is across the street from the hospital. It sort of like Salem where
things are close together.

yeah, for a seemingly small town, Salem sure does have plenty of amenities. Big homes, corporations, hospital, restaurants, mall shopping area, all close to each other. Let's not forget the international airport, the jail, close proximity to Statesville & Bayview, and year round 75° temps, so folks can always go without coats, jackets, have bare legs, etc. etc. And they mostly can walk anywhere, except when the plot calls for a car.

But as for the show today.........sounds like dud, have not watched yet, but when I do, may have a few comments. Am glad everyone is aware Kate is alive. But mostly the show sounds like filler instead of Friday cliffhanger material.

I was unaware of Kate's history with the fish boat. I guess it may be kind of predictable even for Re-Ron, but at least fun for those who joked about it. I just can't believe a story about Orpheus' revenge illness and Kristen/Rolf's mystery orchid suddenly morphed into Jake/Nick ghosts with the devil, then Megan holding a brainwash/microchipped Bo, a huge family reunion, and Kate being kidnapped by someone. Sorry, I know it's a soap and that Days has recently done a lot of weird sci-fi stuff, but this is an enormous stretch.

Back