Days of Our Lives - Friday, Aug. 2, 2013

Have not found that myself. that people stare. But do agree it is uncomfortable to sit at a table alone. Unless you sit at a counter. The trick always is to bring something to read

There is a restaurant up this way somewhere who has a large round table, reserved for "singles". Those coming in alone are asked if it is o.k. (some folks really prefer to eat alone) but the restaurant thought it would be easier on those who come in alone. Thus they are not sitting alone. Can converse if they want, or not.

But Theresa was just blowing smoke, trying to interest the doc, get him to pay attention, but he was concentrating on what was on his phone, and could not care less about her continual flirting. LOL

The only nepotism (giving jobs to relatives regardless of merit) I see here is coming from Kayla. She's the one who abused her position of authority to hire her niece for a position she wasn't remotely qualified for. Jeannie/Theresa would have been given the boot on her first day but for Aunt Kayla's influence. As obnoxious as Jenn has been lately, I have a hard time blaming her for throwing the Horton name around in an effort to bring her "assistant" into line, especially since she doesn't seem to have the option of doing anything else about it. Must kind of bite that with all those Horton connections she still seems to have no control over who works in her office and has to take all kinds of guff from nasty Ann as well.

Roman & Kayla both asked Jen to help them out and give Theresa a job. They also told her why. The girl is doing nothing. And Jen does nothing about it.
Anne is doing her job. And when she sees people not doing theirs, ignoring protocol, rules, and failing to do the work, she has a right to be angry. And no one can resent her for resenting that these same people got their jobs thru nepotism, when other, more qualfied people have been passed over.

I do definitely agree that Salem women have been hired for jobs that in the real world, there would be no chance on earth...unless they had worked their way up from the mail room or something. I remember Sami having the switchboard or greeting job at the hospital. and how often she would take off, asking a co-worker to cover for her. And without any additional education or training of any kind, she becomes CEO of a makeup company. Amazing.

Theresa is not worried at all about being fired, so she doesn't do any work, shows up late, leaves as she pleases. Just wonder where she gets the money for drugs, tho it seems she does expect JJ to supply her for free.
And Jen....she doesn't worry about losing her job either. She comes and goes, is lucky if she spends 10 minutes a day in her office.
And then there is Brady. Is he still working? Because he dresses like a slob for an executive, and hasn't done any work in ages. Then again, he just seems to use his phone to take a call from someone in another country, and he is done for a week.

I forgot to mention that Theresa is correct eating alone in a
restaurant not fun. I did it twice. I decided not to do it again.
People stare at you.

I agree with Poirot, Kat. I've eaten out lots of times alone, especially when I was travelling for work. I never noticed people staring or seeming to think it was unusual. Depending on where I was, I did (back in my younger days) get the eye from guys. lol. I don't think that was for eating alone, lol. Maybe Theresa can use this to her advantage, eh??

I read at home or when I go to appointments. I never thought
about reading and eating. I wouldn't want to get the library book dirty :)

As of now, Theresa won't be getting a paycheck
she hasn't gone to Anne's office and filled out the paperwork yet.
She must be getting money from her family if she can have
an apartment and buy things.

Since Theresa likes older guys who have money, maybe she should start sniffing around EJ. Would love to see Theresa and Sami going toe-to-toe over Eeeej.

With the way they repeat stories, I wouldn't be surprised to see EJ torture Theresa for years then Sami and Theresa could battle each other for their torturer/rapist. :rolleyes: I really hope TPTB don't read this comment and decide it's a good idea.

And I'm not sure what Kristen's accent was. Poirot may be right about a southern/western blend.

Back