Days of Our Lives - Friday, Aug. 30, 2013

It looked, to me, like Eric might think that's Nicole in his dreams. He acted very suspicious of her when he saw the matchbook from the hotel, even though Nicole said she just swept everything off the hotel's nightstand/table, to get out of there. I hope this doesn't cause further friction between them. The dreams are becoming clearer and clearer, I hope Eric does see that it's Kristen, sooner vs later.

I cannot begin to tell you how it bugged me no end to listen to Sami begging and pleading for EJ to help her, give her something, and all he worried about and responded to her was...oh, so I should go to jail instead of you, or we are both in jail. He smirked that she had nothing to give them on him. And while she has to keep telling him the truth, he is withholding all his nefarious and underhanded deeds. PLUS getting extremely angry at her because she did something without telling him first. Oh, but he doesn't have to, does, he.
I am so sick of EJ, and as much as I have given up on Sami, what is even more sickening is she refuses to see it.
She stood there pleading, her hand outstretched which he ignored, telling him how much she loved him......Sorry, I have to stop, this truly all makes me:sick:

Didn't watch the episode because Brady being stupid and Sami screaming is not that appealing. I did, however, watch Will's speech to Nick. I think that was good writing from DOOL. And it kind of explained why we'll have to deal with the Nick-Gabi-Sonny-Will drama again. It's just sad because that whole storyline was just dark and now with it happening again, I'm sure it'll only get darker. I don't see how they can spin it into an everyone is happy and forgiven one now. Which is realistic but I naively hoped for some lighter storylines from that whole group after the island one. But I will look forward to the good writing and acting that should come from it's revisit.

I may have to see if I can find only clips from the Eric and Nicole stuff on Tuesday. That sounds like a highlight from this otherwise boring week as well.

I truly have to laugh when people say EJ has changed cause he truly hasn't. He only toned his self down just enough to get Sami to be with him again and like a fool she went back to him. I also hate how people are always putting Rafe down and claiming he treated Sami so bad and didn't deserve her because he wanted to change her. EJ is the one that treats her so horrible in my opinion, this man literally has Sami groveling and bowing to him. When he is angry with her he is mean and vicious towards her and treats her like dirt under his shoe, yet many say he is the better man for her than Rafe and that Rafe can't handle Sami cause she is too much for him. Rafe is too good for Sami and deserves a way better woman than her who obviously enjoys the abuse that EJ inflicts on her.

In reply to MandieB re:"there is absolutely no truth or honesty between them", I must disagree since these scenes were brutally truthful, brutally honest, but in the end, the love they have for each other is there and undeniable. EJ was cold and calculatingly honest when he tells her "she has nothing on him to give to the DA", and Sami was just as cold and calculating when reminding him of the kidnapping of Sydney. The fact is, they could have spiraled into a match of trying to bury each other alive, but it is stopped by the fact they love each other.

I can accept how people find the idea that these two do love each other is abhorrent due to the past history, but the writers have decided to take that tortured history and turn it into a love story that is not a copy of any from the past. Past Supercouples such as Marlena/Roman/John, Steve/Kayla or Shane/Kim have been good people with maybe a secret past that they turn away from in order to be worthy of the person they love. The moral being if they do not turn away from that part of themselves, they cannot be with the person they love.

EJ and Sami are not being reinvented, they are there warts and all, selfishness, sneakiness, wickedness, and every "ess" you can think of. When Sami told EJ that she missed the kids, but that she "ached" for him, the way she said it made me feel it. It tells the story of the love she has submerged for him from way back even when Lucas would point it out to her. Finally, she has been able to admit her true feelings, not caring what her family thinks, this man is the one she loves in truth and deception. And EJ has felt the same and hidden his love for Sami even when Nicole would throw it in his face.

It is not Marlena and John's kind of love story, it is unique and for me, fascinating.

I must disagree since these scenes were brutally truthful, brutally honest,
I must have missed the part where EJ told Sami about illegally putting money into Timmy's account; or that he was the one who stole the Basic Black pension fund and set up John for the crime. :rolleyes:
It is not Marlena and John's kind of love story
This is true, since John never raped Marlena, tortured her family members, kidnapped her daughter and pretended she was dead, yanked her children from her arms at her wedding, forced her tell her cancer-stricken child that she didn't love him anymore, etc.

I finally saw the scene with Roman and Marlena. Maybe Roman would have
helped if he was working. Poor guy he sounds like me stuck in the house
most of the time.

Marlana should ask Victor if she wants phone records. Is there a difference
in asking police officer and an old mob boss?

I thought it was cute Brady called Eric "Father Brother"

In reply to Just Samantha on the "brutally honest" stuff. Sami looked at EJ after her suggestion that evidence be planted, and said "oh, yeah you would have thought of that already" so really no need to confess it on EJ's part. I am not excusing any of EJ's crimes, and if Sami is, well that is why this is not a Marlena and John type of love story. Of course if John had done these things to Marlena, there could never have been a love story between them. But Sami and EJ are not Marlena and John. These two characters can not be made to seem noble and self sacrificing because that is not who or what they are.

Sami looked at EJ after her suggestion that evidence be planted, and said "oh, yeah you would have thought of that already" so really no need to confess it on EJ's part.
Sorry, but if he was so "brutally honest", he would have said "I've already done that and now I'm afraid the FBI is going to trace it back to me and it's going to screw you over even more or land me in the cell next to yours", but he didn't, did he????
These two characters can not be made to seem noble and self sacrificing because that is not who or what they are.
That is also correct; they are rapist and victim; abuser and victim; torturer and victim. No matter which way you slice it or dice it, it's repulsive that they'd even pair up a victim with her rapist/abuser/torturer and call it a "love story". To have Sami begging EJ for his forgiveness turns my stomach.

Turns mine, too. I think I already mentioned earlier in this thread about her begging and pleading, and him turning his back on her. And this brutally honest man has not mentioned to her trying to plant money in the house that disappeared before it could be found. Sami has been honest with EJ, (and I wish she had not been...about that deal) but he certainly has not told her a thing. Heck, he managed to take Stefano's company away from him, and never mentioned it while he was doing it.
And when she talked about having to spend all those years away from her kids, he could have cared less. If he loved her so much, he would have wanted her home with them, even if he had to spend jail time, but no.....he ranted and raved about the mere idea that he spend 1 day behind bars. He screamed at her....this man who supposedly loves her so much. What a crock.
Hopefully she is going to think about all this some day, and realize what a fool she has been.

As far as Ej and Sami go they will never be "a love story". Love never ever ever starts with rape.I don't care what they do now!Not to mention she shot him in the head.Plus she never accepts that Ej is a Dimera.So for me Ej and Sami are the fakest couple that ever was. Days was on here for what 2 minutes.I couldn't stand them.Seeing Sami's scrunchy cry face and Ej.UGH! They make me sick.Not too mention Sami's stupid pink streak!

Loved the EJ and Sami scenes! I thought the writing was brilliant.

EJ and Sami are the most dysfunctional pairing I think I've ever seen on a soap, but that's a huge part of their appeal for me. They are not the usual hearts and flowers love story. They are two people who love each other in spite of their family history, in spite of their own personal history, in spite of a million reasons why they shouldn't love each other.

EJ was clearly frustrated with Sami's unwillingness and/or inability to see that the Special Prosecutor's plan was to get both DiMeras. If EJ didn't have anything to give Sami on Stefano so that she didn't have to turn EJ in, then how would he have anything to give the SP in order to cut a deal? He probably really doesn't have anything, because Stefano was given immunity In May of 2012 on any crimes up to that date. (Of course, the writers may have forgotten that! LOL) Bottom line, Sami's deal would only insure that EJ would be in jail, and so would she, while Stefano would still go free.

EJ had every right to refuse to throw himself on the funeral pyre for Sami. His anger was because he knew that if Sami was willing to even think about turning him in, then she had given up.

I only watched part of the show before falling asleep. Not from being bored, but just very tired & drained from the day.

Like I said about Thursday, welcome back Sami! "What was I supposed to do?!" is her mantra said so often in the past when her actions are brought forth. The way she wouldn't look at EJ directly in the eyes spoke a lot to me. She's done that in the past many times with others. While I agree on some points made, I also feel that Sami has only been honest with EJ after the fact of her doings. The gun Kate gave her, chasing & jumping Bernardi, & now "the deal" are some examples. I think, like it has been mentioned, that she believes EJ would be able to avoid jailtime & give the goods to nab Stefano so hasn't thought the whole thing thru. That falls in line with the Sami I have always watched.

Nick is heading down Creepier Street again. lol. It would be Creepy Street but he's always been creepy to me. It manifests itself more at times.

It's nice to see the Smith Island storyline with the Nick/Gabi/Will/Sonny group not being totally dropped. Now would be a good time for them to rethink their living arrangements. If Gabi is financially being taken care of from Nick, why can't she live in Sonny's old apartment across the hall? They would be close to each other to take care of Arianna Grace, but she could still explore her rejuvenated feelings for Nick & have some independence.

Victor & Marlena. I really enjoy these 2 interacting! That says a lot being that I'm not a Victor fan (yet love John Aniston). Could the powers be testing these 2 in order to cause trouble between Victor & Maggie? Their scenes on the couch were refreshing & relaxed with somewhat of a friendly camaraderie.

EJ was cold and calculatingly honest when he tells her "she has nothing on him to give to the DA", and Sami was just as cold and calculating when reminding him of the kidnapping of Sydney. The fact is, they could have spiraled into a match of trying to bury each other alive, but it is stopped by the fact they love each other.

No, it was stopped by the simple fact that one couldn't take the other down without taking themself down.

Back