Days of our Lives - Friday August 20, 2021

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nicole at work as Belle comes in to discuss a legal matter. Nicole doesn’t want to talk about it refers Belle to Brady. But Eric wants a divorce, so not a Brady thing.

Replay of Johnny and Allie meeting

Ciara and Claire meet and chat. They make up.

Replay of Ben and his crutches (The noisiest crutches ever) looking at pictures and rings. Says let’s do this.

Johnny and Allie chat about how unhappy EJ is to see Johnny. Henry who is a year old, is still making infant noises from his stroller. Johnny apologizes for allowing for the rape.

Ben shows up at John and Marlena’s they have some cute banter.

Claire tells Ciara that she was selfish she wanted Ciara to remember that they were friends. Ciara apologizes for being witchy before. They agree to be friends.

Nicole says well that was fast. Belle says it’s not being contested, Nicole agrees. Again, they discuss that Nicole slept with the worst person on the planet. Belle and Nicole also discuss Sami and her part in this deal.

Johnny apologizes for mentioning it. It pains Allie to know about his parentage. Johnnie is sure Allie will share how it happened well. This is where they should be discussing their own parentage.

EJ walks in and interrupts the conversation. Sami sent a text to Belle too. EJ is his sweet rude self. Nicole will look over the divorce papers. EJ wants to know what the paperwork is. Nicole refuses to share the paperwork. EJ says his marriage is a farce.

Shawn is happy that the girls are together again. They each go their own way. Claire starts to tell Shawn and then Belle walks in, so she tells both of them about leaving.

Johnny tells Allie that he is working on an independent film. They each refer to each other’s dad. They discuss that no one knows where Mom is.

EJ and Nicole where EJ tells of breaking up his marriage. EJ is feeling liberated. Clueless cockhold was a term used. He is happy that the truth is out. Nicole calls him out on that line.

Belle and Shawn are less than thrilled that Claire is leaving. Claire explains all about social media and how she is great at it. Her parents not so much. Too much to take in so fast.

Ciara shows up at the penthouse. John teases her do you remember me? Hugs and kisses. Ciara thanks Marlena for being there for ben when she couldn’t be. Ben proposes to Ciara again with the motorcycle wedding ring. Chatter and eventually Ciara says yes. Kissing

Marlena has agreed to marry them. She can marry them right now if they’d like, more kissing.

Claire is taken back that her parents aren’t jumping with joy over this move half way across the world. Claire explains that for the first time she is fully committed to something that wasn’t a guy. Claire feels confident. (Why are they keeping Gwen and sending this one away?????) Tears everywhere but they all believe in each other.

EJ doesn’t believe that Nicole doesn’t believe in happiness. EJ calls Sami a lying *bleep* and or a sleeping *bleep* he calls her twice. EJ is vicious and calls Sami a whore. Nicole tells him that you are angry and underneath this you are in pain. Nicole tells him he is emotionally suffering. (Good God don’t put these too back together) Nicole tells EJ to face the emotional pain head on.

John agrees to be Ben’s Best man. They are going to be married at John and Marlena’s. Magically Shawn and Belle and Claire are in the room. But John and Marlena aren’t. John doesn’t like that. Claire says this is an amazing job and the right choice for you. John can’t get along without his Claire Bear. Ciara asks Claire to take care of Theo for her. Ciara also love to have Claire as her maid of Honor. Ciara Claire you are already my BFF will you also be my MOH? Giggles and hugs.

Back to the twins talking Allie wants to know about Johnny’s love life. He doesn’t have a girlfriend. Johnny has met someone. The phone rings, it’s Ben Weston’s phone. Johnny goes off on the neck tie killers. Allie tells him he’s changed. Ciara wants to have her phone, so Allie is going to take her phone to Ciara. Johnny doesn’t want Allie anywhere near Ben Weston.

Sullen EJ is turning his full attention to business. EJ wants his son to come to work for him. But rather than embrace his legacy Johnny wants to make a silly little film (EJ should pray that Johnny doesn’t want to make a biographical film about his da-da or Nono) EJ thinks Nicole should try to convince Johnny to come to the dark side of DiMera Enterprises.

Back at the family gathering/wedding lots of chatter then Ben raises his crutch and says let’s get this party started.

EJ and Nicole talk about Johnny. Nicole offers wisdom. Which EJ trashes and will do this himself.

Chanel and Johnny stand in front of the store front. Suggestive chatting some in Italian some in English.

Now the wedding flowers have magically appeared, Ciara hands off to Claire hugs and now Marlena says the Groom has asked me to keep this short, I’ll do my best. Marlena starts, Ben asks if she could move it along. Ciara talks and talks and talks Ben talks and talks and talks. IF you are fans this is wonderful. Marlena then reads the vows Ciara agrees Ben agrees, they have the rings so the ring ceremony. Ciara is wearing the washer. Ciara puts the ring on Ben’s hand and ta da they are married, again. Massive kiss to end the day.

Oh Good I didnt miss much. Just Johnny and Chanel and the wedding

tHANK You, Robin. The Prez is speeching on my TV, so not getting Days at all, appreciate the writeup.

I missed the last 10 minutes but I am still loving Ben and Ciara happy. And Ciara being nice!! Was happy she and Claire reconciled. Sad Claire is leaving.

Allie is certainly a good mother considering she tried like crazy to put him up for adoption. I thought she and Johnny might talk about how he was conceived. But maybe Sami whitewashed that story.

I would think they would show us where Sami is?

How is Johnny so disconnected from his family that he's still in Ben is a killer mode. Even though they weren't around wouldn't he along with Sami's other kids be up to speed on this relationship?

Shawn & Belle: They were asking Claire the wrong questions about her new "job."
  • Theo and JJ own this outfit? Are you sure that this is a real company?
  • Can they even afford to pay you?
  • Don't you know that you need to get a work visa to take a job in South Africa?
  • South Africa has an unemployment rate over 28%. Why would you want take a job that could be filled by a local person?
EJ: Once again, he showed that he has absolutely no class by spouting the crudest epithets abut Sami. He'd better not do a rerun of this vulgar show at the Pub.. Roman would probably take the bat that he uses to subdue obnoxious drunks out from under the bar and use Elvis for batting practice.

Ben & Ciara: They've discovered how to ensure that a wedding doesn't get disrupted by unwelcome guests, kidnappings, bombs, etc. -- have the ceremony without any advance notice.

Shawn & Belle: They were asking Claire the wrong questions about her new "job."
  • Don't you know that you need to get a work visa to take a job in South Africa?
  • South Africa has an unemployment rate over 28%. Why would you want take a job that could be filled by a local person?

Not to mention that you need an arms length list of shots to travel to South Africa. How was Claire getting those so fast? A quick trip to see Kayla?

The whole time Johnny was talking about Henry’s paternity, I kept wondering if he’s aware of how he came to be. I guess no one would tell him. This whole thing is a mess.

I do wonder why Claire has to move to do social influencer work. Whatever. Maybe she has all her shots from when she was running around the world. Chanel went to Africa. Maybe Allie did too.

If Lani can have a retconned daddy, Claire can have retconned shots.

Thanks, robin.

Allie talked to Johnny about being back home. I didn't realize both of them think Salem
is their home. It's been awhile since they have lived there.

Since Johnny was talking about Henry's dad, does he know how he got conceived? Will
this come up soon?

I'm glad Ciara and Claire are friends again even though Claire is leaving right away.

It's probably good Ciara and Ben married fast since there we no interruptions. Since it's
Salem, they are probably legally married without a license. Or maybe Marlena keeps a
stash at home.

I'm glad Belle and Shawn were at the wedding and Claire's last day.

Nice to hear John say Claire bear.

So far I think the casting of the returned Dimeras is pretty spot on. It took almost no time to get used to the new EJ, and new Johnny could easily pass off as his son. The one thing I noticed as I was doing other things with Days playing in the background is that Johnny's speaking voice is incredibly similar to JJ's. I had to look up at one point to make sure JJ wasn't back in town momentarily.

It was nice to have an almost entirely positive show today. With all the gloom and doom, lies and backstabbing recently, having a family all together being happy was a welcome change.

How is Johnny so disconnected from his family that he's still in Ben is a killer mode. Even though they weren't around wouldn't he along with Sami's other kids be up to speed on this relationship?
That's a great point, but I actually liked it because it shows people aren't forgetting what Ben did. For too long the writing ignored it. So I like this from a macro-perspective. But I agree with your point; they could have had him object knowledgably (e.g., "I can't believe our cousin is marrying the reformed necktie killer," etc etc).

Back