Days of Our Lives -Friday, Dec. 31, 2010

chocoholic

Reaction score
This is probably way more detailed than it needs to be... so hopefully you dont fall asleep while reading

Ahhh its too long to fit in one post! Broken into two posts, here is part 1 of 2

Brady sarcastically congratulates Nicole on her engagement and wonders who she is engaged to. He says besides himself, the only other guy she has been hanging out with is EJ... then he realizes that's who she is marrying.

Vivian is at the Dimera mansion, showing EJ the pictures of Nicole and Brady, and going on and on about how she has so much respect for the Dimeras that she couldn't let this go on without telling him.

Victor confirms to Maggie that Philip is the father of Chloe's baby. Maggie wonders how Caroline got into the middle of this, and Victor tells her in that Caroline took it upon herself to change the test results because she did not want the child to be raised as a Kiriakis. Maggie says that doesn't sound like Caroline, and that she believes Caroline did this to protect Chloe and Daniel. Victor doesn't believe this, feels this was done more to play god with his family (and he says that everyone knows this is his job lol). He says everyone's life has now been destroyed.

Chloe and Daniel are at their apartment. She asks Daniel about Caroline's stroke and if she will be ok. Daniel believes she will be and asks to hold Parker (catches himself before he says give me my son). He takes Parker and holds him.

Back at the church, Melanie tells Philip she just wants to wake up and realize this was all a nightmare. Philip tries to comfort her and she punches him in the face, telling him not to touch her.

Carly and Kayla are in the hospital, Carly tells Kayla not to accuse her of being the reason Caroline had a stroke, that it was probably because she had problems and was forgetting to take her medication.

Philip says he deserved the punch, starts to try to talk to Melanie. Melanie tells him to go to hell, that they are done. Philip says no, they will never be done.

Daniel holds a picture of him and Chloe, walks around the room and throws it in the trash. Tells Chloe to tell him the truth for once. Chloe says she is telling him the truth and she had no idea what Caroline did until today, and it was a horrible shock to her too. Daniel tells her that he's been putting everything together for the last hour, and he now realizes that the patient Carly wouldn't let him see at St. Mary's was Chloe. He asks if this is when she had her secret paternity test and she says yes. She tries to reach out to him, and he tells her not to touch him.

Philip swears to Melanie that it only happened once, and she cant believe he just said that. She calls him a disgusting womanizing creep, and is delusional for thinking that because it only happened once it makes it ok. He says no, and that its not just that it happened once, but there was a reason. She says he thinks he can do whatever he wants because he is a Kiriakis and starts to storm out. He stops her by saying it was because he saw her kissing Nathan... that he thought she betrayed him and that he was depressed and going crazy because he thought he was losing her. She gives him hell for having unprotected sex all because of her undying love for her. He says yes, because he wouldn't have reacted so badly to thinking he was losing her otherwise. She says she doesn't want to hear any more lies or excuses, tells him to shut up and leave her alone.

Nicole tells Brady she's sorry that this upsets him, and that this is about the children needing a mother. Brady reminds her that Sydney is and always will be Sami's daughter, and marrying EJ is not going to change that. Nicole says she knows, but she would be satisfied just being around her and being able to love her. Brady sarcastically congratulates her on her engagement, asks to let him know where they are registered so he can send a gift. He starts to walk away, Nicole stops him and says she loves him and this doesn't have to change anything between them. He says things are going to change, that she's marrying the most hateful ******* on the face of the planet who is keeping his sister away from her children. Nicole says she is doing this to help Sami's children, that marrying EJ is just a legal document and she will always be married to Brady in her heart. Brady (more sarcasm) tells her to go on Facebook, friend him and they can continue their relationship online. Nicole thinks they can still sneak around and find "wonderful, cozy places to be together". Brady says "over Vivian's dead body".

Vivian tells EJ the photos are authentic and apologizes for her timing, but that she is such a dear friend of Stephano she couldn't let this go on any longer. EJ asks Vivian to leave so he can spend some time with his children. Vivian wishes him a happy new year on the way out. EJ looks through the photos again, looks frustrated.

Maggie tells Victor that Caroline was not the one who destroyed anyone's life - that the fact is that Chloe slept with Philip and conceived a child, and that is the root of the problem. Victor agrees that it is not just Caroline, it is Caroline, Chloe and Carly (who he calls the dark horse of deception).

Nicole asks Brady why he's so worried about Vivian, is sure that she wont show EJ the pictures after what happened to Johnny. Brady reminds Nicole that Vivian has no heart, but Nicole figures that EJ wont give Vivian the time of day while he is preoccupied with Johnny. Brady asks if Nicole is sure, and she says yes - she knows EJ well enough to know that he doesn't trust Vivian and will believe the pictures were doctored. Nicole decides to distract Brady and moves in, kissing him on the pier (because, of course, no one in Salem will ever see them there lol).

Kayla agrees that her mother was misguided, but that if Chloe wasn't allowed to take the paternity test behind Daniel's back this wouldn't have happened. Carly starts defending herself, then realizes that Kayla has already made up her mind that she is heartless and nothing she says will change Kayla's mind. Kayla says she is absolutely right.

Melanie is still telling Philip not to touch her, says he is unbelievable standing there with that self-pitying, pathetic look on his face telling her he slept with Chloe because he loves her. He says its because he was hurt. She calls him a liar and says she understands why Daniel tried to beat him up. He says he thought she had slept with Nathan and had betrayed him and wouldn't have reacted so badly if he hadn't thought that. Melanie tells him maybe he reacted so badly because it hurt his big, stupid ego, and asks how dare he try to put this on her when he is the one who slept with someone else and ruined their marriage AND Chloe and Daniel's marriage. Philip is still saying he thought she betrayed him, and she tells him that maybe he should have done a little more research and talked to her to clarify things before sleeping with his father's wife and lying about it for months. Philip says he thought the only consequence was the guilt he's been feeling for months and had no idea Parker was his son until an hour ago. Melanie tells him he was dead wrong, because that little boy is his son and she feels sorry for Parker because his daddy may have a lot of money but has no soul.

Chloe asks if Daniel wants to go back and figure out what happened and Daniel angrily agrees. Chloe defends herself saying after her hysterical pregnancy she wasn't in her right mind, and that Daniel was all about Melanie and Carly - Daniel interjects that she is trying to blame this on him because Carly and he share a daughter, Chloe denies. Daniel continues, the only way for her to feel better about herself and to get back at him is to have sex with his daughter's husband. Chloe says she didn't resent him having a daughter, says Vivian paid people to make her believe he was sleeping with Carly and was so sure he was having an affair. Daniel is silent, Chloe begs him to say something, to say that he believes her. Daniel says she was supposed to believe in him. He also tells her that he knows she was tricked. She asks if there is any way he can find it in his heart to forgive her. He shakes his head, but does not say anything. Chloe asks why he is not saying anything. He says he is going back on all the times the wedding was on and off, asks if that was because she was waiting for the paternity test. She says no, its because Carly was determined to tell him the truth and she was trying to stop Carly before it happened - and that when she realized she was pregnant, Carly agreed to keep the secret if the baby was his because it was not worth hurting him. Daniel asks if Father Matt was reluctant to marry them because she confessed to him, and she says yes. Daniel also asks if she confided to Nicole and she says yes. He asks how she can tell all these people about what she has done and keep it from him.

part 2 of 2

Philip tells Melanie she is right and Parker deserves better than him for a father. Melanie says its a good thing she is not pregnant or there would be two babies who deserve better. Philip continues to justify his actions because of jealousy and tells her that the love he feels for her is so strong and real. He knows he made a mess of things but asks if she still loves him. Melanie says yes.

Nicole is back at the Dimera mansion and EJ asks if she has had a chance to think about his offer. She says she has and she thinks its a great idea, so yes she will marry him. EJ is silent and Nicole comments he doesn't seem thrilled. He says he was but then they hit a snag. He pulls out the pictures Vivian left him.

Carly tells Kayla she knows she resents her because of her relationship with Bo, but that Kayla has no idea the difficult choices she has had to make. Asks how is it that Kayla knows so much about the baby fiasco, that all that info couldn't have come from her mother. Kayla tells her to stay out of it, and stay out of her life, then walks out.

Melanie tells Philip that part of her will always love him, that he has been so amazing to her except for in the one way that matters most. Asks even if she could forgive him for what he did to her, how could she ever forgive him for what he did to her father?

Chloe asks if Daniel still loves Parker, he replies that is the stupidest question. She says she knows the answer, that he loves Parker with all his heart and begs him not to throw their live together away. Says they can make this work, and kisses him. He doesn't push her away.

Brady is back at the Kiriakis mansion, Kate walks in and asks where everyone else is. Says she wants to talk to him and Victor about Vivian. She says they are acting like fools and cowards, allowing Vivian to run around plotting against them all while they wait to see what she does. They both agree it doesn't make any sense, Brady tells Kate he just got a hell of an idea.

Nicole tells EJ that those pictures were obviously photoshopped, that Vivian already showed them to her and thats why she doesn't look surprised. EJ says no, other than a good liar she is also a good actress and that she has lied to him for the last time.

Philip tells Melanie he understands its not just about the two of them and he is sorry. She asks how he can just be sorry after destroying her fathers life. Philip says Chloe thought Daniel had betrayed her first, and that Daniel also had slept with Chloe while she was engaged to Lucas! She asks why he is bringing that up, and he tells her that its because she puts him on a pedestal and she needs to realize that is is infallible just like everyone else. She tells him not to compare him to everyone, because everyone includes Philip. Tells him that her dad is a good, honest man and she is thankful that she has him because he and Maggie are all she has left in the world. She grabs her things and walks out.

Daniel finally pushes Chloe away and tells her not to do that again. She says sorry and that she thought - he cuts her off and asks if she really thought they could just have sex and the whole problem would disappear. Asks her what kind of pathetic idiot she thinks he is. He says he needs to get out of there, she tries to stop him, begging him not to leave and telling him they can make this work and that she loves him so much and she is so sorry. Daniel says he's sorry too, and she'll never know how much, and walks out.

Kayla gets an update on Caroline, and rehabilitation will start right away. She goes in to see her. Victor asks Carly how she can live with herself.

Kate asks Brady what her plan is. Brady asks if Kate remembers when Vivian tried to poison her (Kate talks about remembering how Vivian tried to poison her coffee, but her pilot of her plane drank it instead and she crashed into the ocean and ended up chopping fish). He says they cant discuss the plan here (the walls have ears) and they leave.

Nicole tries to explain herself, EJ cuts her off and tells her to stop playing him for a fool. He knows she's been seeing Brady ever since she said she broke up with him, even brought him into his house while his son was having surgery and "pleasured herself with him all over the room". Nicole gets angry, tells him that he knows how much she loves Sydney and that she needs to be loved too. He tells her that she knew the rules and she agreed to play by them, so she will have to deal with the consequences. He walks out of the room and she screams for him to come back.

carly comments how such a question can come from a man whose entire life has been based on being greedy, dishonest and treacherous and has raised a son to be the exact same way. Victor replies, what a relief. She asks what he means by that, and he says he's relieve that Bo left her to go rescue his wife, that he's finally gotten a little class... and walks away.

Melanie walks into the Kiriakis living room with a suitcase, looks around, then opens the front door to walk out and finds Daniel standing there. He tells her he knew Philip was unfaithful, he just didn' t know (and trails off). Melanie finishes his sentence, that he didn't know it was with his wife. She tells him she knew Chloe cheated on him, she just didn't know it was with her husband. She tells him she wanted to tell him so many times, but then the baby was born and that she was so sure the baby was his that she didn't have the heart to tell him. He stops her, tells her he gets it and he understands. He says they are two people that were just trying to protect each other. She tells him she knows he is a fan of trying to see the best in every situation but asks him to please not do that now, because there isn't one this time. They hug.

Chloe sits alone in her living room, hears a knock at the door. She thinks its Daniel, and runs to the door calling his name, but opens it to find Philip. He asks to come in, she tells him no, it would make everything worse if he was there when Daniel comes back. Philip tells her Daniel is not coming back, that Melanie is not coming back to him either. He goes in and Chloe shuts the door.

Nicole is still standing in the Dimera living room, EJ comes back in and comments that she is still there. She asks him to hear her out and he says no. Nicole asks if she can at least see Sydney one last time, and EJ tells her she is taking a nap. Nicole says she will get her things on the way out. EJ is surprised that she is leaving, that she's giving up so easy. Nicole says he's making her leave, he clarifies that he's making a point - that he wants her to see what life without Sydney would be like. She says its unbearable, painful beyond words. EJ tells her he is giving her one last chance to choose and that she better not blow it this time.

Chloe tells Philip he is wrong and that Daniel is coming back to her. She asks why he is there and what he wants. Philip tells her he wants to see her son.

Melanie and Daniel go back into the Kiriakis mansion and she tells Daniel that she keeps thinking about the baby, that its the worst part of all this. She tells Daniel that Chloe and Philip dont deserve to have Parker, that he is 1000 times the father that Philip will ever be. Daniel stops her and tells her not to talk that way. Melanie asks if legally he is Parker's father (he says yes), and she tells him he needs to take Parker away from Chloe.

Brady and Kate are at the pub now, Brady rehashes the whole story of Vivian poisoning Kate's pilot and she asks him to get to the point. Brady says that Victor has many private islands, some very small that people dont know about them - and one so small that its uninhabited. Kate catches on and smirks "not for long".

Nicole asks if EJ is really going to give her another chance, comments that its a bit out of character. He jokes that maybe he is mellowing with age. He tells her that either they will get married or she can have sex with Brady, but it cannot be both.

Scenes from next day:
Philip holds Parker and tells Chloe that everything will be different now.
Melanie smashes a photo in the foyer of the Kiriakis mansion.
Sami (on the pier with Rafe, Nicole and EJ) says Nicole is a total lowlife ***** - Nicole then throws a snowball at her while EJ laughs.

Oh, terrific (tho yes, a bit long) but loved it. Hate I am going to miss this, unless I can manage to watch it on Soapnet.

FINALLY!!!! Glad Philip said something about Daniel/Chloe/Lucas...of course it will probably be the only time. I wish Philip would say it to Daniel!!

Thanks for the write up.:)

Thanks for the summary. I was just going to write it up as I finally got up to date with Days.

I was just so sad to see Melanie and Philip break up. I so loved the two of them together. (Kpatch's fault as in her stories she got me to love them as a couple) I think Melanie really wants Parker away from Philip and Chloe as payback for what they did.

Thanks for the write up! I think there's so much there, it was worth the read!

I'm so glad Philip gives Daniel's own affairs a nod. Of course, Melanie would defend his actions. She defends mommy dearest's affairs, too. I guess she has a separate Code of Conduct book for her immediate family members.

I was just so sad to see Melanie and Philip break up. I so loved the two of them together. (Kpatch's fault as in her stories she got me to love them as a couple).

Aw. Love you, DJM. Check out All My Exes in Writers Bench starting Tuesday and we'll try to make you feel better about it all.

Now back to our regular programming.

Thank you chocoholic for that detailed write-up. True it was long, but I never felt sleepy.

It sounds like an exciting show filled with a lot of frank conversations that we have been waiting to hear. I love that Daniel is putting 50 + 50 together. Duh, there were enough clues along the way! I hate that Melanie punches Philip. I hate it when a woman punches a man or another woman. I think both Philip and Nicole should increase their bodily injury insurance.

I am loving Brady and Kate's plot! And I love Victor's comments about the three Cs (Caroline, Chloe and Carly).

Thanks for posting the previews too. I can't wait to see Philip and Chloe discuss the baby.

Thank you for the great write up for tomorrow chocoholic! It was long but so complete and full of details that it felt like I was watching it. I really enjoyed it.
Joan

lol. at mel saying "thank god she isn't pregnant". sorry mel philip already knocked you up babe.

Thank you chocoholic. I think I'm going to haave to sdt the DVR so that I don't loose track of time and miss it.

Thanks for the write up! I am gonna miss today's show, we are going to be on our way to the airport to head to Vegas for New Years.

woo hoo! that was my favorite part --- way to go Philip for pointing out that Mel was holding Daniel up on an undeserved pedestal! :) Kudos! However, he did deserve the slap she gave him a few moments earlier... love it! haha.

Back