Days of Our Lives - Friday, Dec. 5th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, December 05, 2008

Episode #10,969 Director – Grant A. Johnson

Nicole paces her bedroom, holding her fake tummy in place, wondering how she can tell EJ now, and that she has done something horrible, can’t get out of it. She goes downstairs, where Stefano awaits her, telling her EJ will be there in a few minutes. He wants to talk to her about his heir to be, and wants to know what happened at the clinic. Nicole is taken aback, EJ comes in, gets between them, telling Stefano to back off. Stefano admits he gets anxious, but now tells of having this obstetrician from Zurich coming to examine her, Nicole throws a huge hissy fit, and really tells Stefano off. AND EJ, too, for talking to his father about her behind her back. The men backtrack, Stefano apologizes, Mary tells Stefano his important call has come, he leaves. EJ tries to explain, tells her he has been so worried about her, doesn’t know what he’d do if anything happened to her…..or the baby. Nicole softens up, Stefano comes back in to say they have to leave on family business, EJ promises to be back soon, kisses her, leaves with Stefano. Nicole decides to go out, tells Mary she is going to Barron’s. She goes out the door, realizes her fake belly is slipping, decides to go upstairs and change clothes.

Over at the safe house, we hear the music of the Nutcracker Suite as Sami yells to Rafe in the bathroom that she found a ballet on TV they can watch together. She is yelling for him not to use all the hot water, as she grabs her coat, purse, and the flyer for the convent and heads out the door. She opens it to find Rafe on the other side, and screams bloody murder. (Surprised the neighbors did not call the cops, lol). He evidently went out thru the bathroom window, pointedly looking at her belly and saying he can get thru it, but she can’t. Ha. She rants, raves, and does her usual Sami bellowing at him, but then admits she only put the ballet on to irritate him, that she should be watching It’s A Wonderful Life with her mom, wrapping presents, and now she is in tears. Rafe says he is sorry, and Sami explodes, not wanting him to be human, preferring to rant and rail at him being a jerk, so she won’t think about her family. He begins unbuttoning his shirt, is going to change clothes, leaving the room. She heads for the door, til he yells there is a surprise on the other side, which stops her. He comes out, wearing pants she calls the ugliest she ever saw. He goes to the door to cancel her surprise, but she wants to see it. They open the door to find a huge bare pine tree and Hilda’s voice singing “We wish you a Merry Christmas”.
Later, the tree is standing in the living room, Rafe comes out in a shirt/jacket that says Salem cable, Sami realizes he is going undercover, becomes worried as she knows darn well he has to be going over to the Dimera house. She warns him to be careful, yada, yada, Rafe leaves. Sami paces and rants, Hilda tries to get her to settle down, and she sits, but is antsy and babbling……..until Hilda tells her she has something to show her, pulling out some recent pictures of the twins. Sami is ecstatic, Hilda warns her not to tell anyone, tells of being separated once from her Roland for a while, and knows how Sami feels. Sami says not to worry, she won’t tell anyone Hilda has a soft spot within her. (Gosh, I love Hilda, lol)
At the hospital, Lucas & Chloe come into Kate’s room, bringing a wrapped gift. It is a plaster cast of a Will’s handprint, a school project when he was about 5, and usually resides on her mantle. Kate loves it, Lucas hangs it from the IV stand. Kate knows there is something they are not telling her. Lucas finally springs that he asked Chloe to marry him, she accepted. Kate doesn’t say a word, Chloe leaves them alone. Kate tells Lucas she knows she cannot micromanage her sons’ lives anymore, that she has to save her strength for other things, and only cares they are happy. Chloe returns, she tells her basically the same thing. Daniel has been on the computer for a while, and comes in with some news. He thinks he has found a way for Chloe to be a bone marrow donor, in spite of having cancer herself. (Ah, yes, that Dr. Jonas knows all the right people and places, what a miracle worker). It seems that his friend, Dr. Canard has been doing research in hematology at Harvard, and tho it is experimental, Daniel thinks there is a way for him to treat the marrow & blood from Chloe, so it will work on Kate. Not so fast, Kate will not let Chloe do this, however Chloe tells her that tho she may refuse to accept the donation from Chloe, Kate cannot prevent Chloe from making the donation. Kate asks for some time alone with Lucas, Chloe goes to talk to Dr. Jonas. Now Kate implores Lucas to talk Chloe out of this. She is young, it is too risky.

Stefano & EJ are down on the docks, complaining of the cold, waiting for business associates from the Argentine…..Senor Fortin and his son. EJ is startled, this is “the” Senor Fortin, who manages to smuggle South African diamonds into the U.S. thru South America. The two men arrive, Senor Fortin introduces his son, Juan, and Stefano does the same for EJ. Now Stef wants to see the product, Juan produces the case of diamonds, which Stefano examines closely. EJ seems uncomfortable, but Stefano agrees to the deal. The diamond case is closed, EJ hands over the briefcase of money. Stefano comments that it was good doing business, but Senor Fortin now pulls a gun from his belt, tells Juan to take back the diamonds. Stefano hands them over, as Senor Fortin says it has been a pleasure doing business with them.

Rafe arrives at DiMansion, claiming to be the cable guy to fix the TV. Mary wonders who called, but Rafe yammers away, telling her to answer the phone, he will find his own way, she can pat him down when he leaves. He goes into that all purpose room, Mary smiles appreciatively, saying it will be her pleasure. LOLOL. Mary answers the phone, just saying o.k. she will take care of it right away, and bustles off. Now Rafe goes upstairs to snoop around. We see Nicole in a bra, panties, pink negligee, having adjusted her pillow belly. She views herself in a mirror, figuring it is o.k. Out in the hall, Rafe leaves one room, always listening outside a door before going in. Now he enters Nicole’s room, puts his little tool box on the dresser, and starts looking thru some letters laying there. Behind him, Nicole comes out of her closet, stopping abruptly, looking shocked as she sees him.

Barb

Previews – Brady toJohn – Why not go tell Marlena, Chloe & Nicole that I am a drug addict
Max to Nicole – I owe you an apology
Senor Fortin to Stefano & EJ, as he is holding a gun on them – Any last words old friend?
We see EJ & Stefano kneeling, each with a gun pointed smack against their backs, EJ muttering between clenched teeth….”Father??”

Thanks for the write up. Loved the part with Sami and Hilda. They were so good together. Nicole with the pillow was funny. She is about to go out when she sees the pillow has slipped is going upstairs to change and fix it. After looking at herself in the mirror for a long time she comes out with the pillow in her hands. I am sure Rafe will not miss that.

I hope we don't have Rafe end up keeping the secret so he can have Sami.
Enough secrets already!

Thanks for the recap as always I appreciate them.
I hope Rafe did see that Nicole is not pregnant and does tell Sami. Therefore if she knows she WILL tell EJ and that will be done with. Was nice of Rafe to have Hila bring a tree for Sami, shows he has Christmas spirit.
Wow how is Stefano going to get oput of this one. Seem EJ is really scared.

Ol' Steffie always has a plan. His goons probably already have the drop on Senor Fortin's goons.

I wish Rafe would tell Sami to just go already. Doesn't she know that she can't be forced to stay there?

I know this story with Sami is to work into Allisons maternity leave....but can we move it a long a little faster....please. The story..not her maternity leave! :) Something more exciting needs to happen than whats going on right now!

Is anyone else being reminded of another DiMera here? Like Kristen? It was an interesting storyline at the time (15 years ago), and I find it ironic that the same storyline that brought EJ into the world is being used on him, but I'm hoping the writers change it up a bit.

Welcome to posting, Scadiangirl. Glad to see you.

Thanks for the writeup, Poirot. I always read it before I watch. Have done both now and I've got a couple of comments. I am wishing Nicole hadn't gotten herself into this mess. I don't enjoy watching it play out and I don't look forward to the outcome.

I know a lot of you girls get wobbly kneed when the guys take off their shirts, but I have to say, I haven't seen any shirtless guy who's looked half as handsome as Rafe looked in that blue shirt today! Wish he hadn't taken if off so soon.

Back