Days of our Lives - Friday, December 1, 2023

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
36 minutes today.

It’s NO LONGER Thanksgiving. Johnny and Chanel are having breakfast at the pub. Chanel spies a brand-new bracelet on Johnny. Holly made it for him. Chanel rolls her eyes.

Holly is in the DiMansion, holding a 5x7 picture of Johnny and flashing back to Johnny wiping schmutz off her face Thanksgiving night. Holly then talks to herself about helping her mom.

Dimitri is scanning the paper, so I guess Xander did find content to print after he fired Everett. Dimitri is looking for Leo’s name, proving that Sloan did get the murder charges dropped. But she didn’t get it done.

EJ is going to the Leo Stark arraignment. They discuss what happened again, the car accident and the dead child. Nicole claims she’s given up on Eric’s baby being hers. BUT of course, she’s lying.

Holly confirms with Eric that they will still do a DNA test. Eric is going to do this for Holly. He has to talk to Sloan about it first. Sloan walks in asking, talk to me about what? The magical Salem ability to hear or not hear conversations that happen anywhere.

Johnny tries to defend the fact that Holly doesn’t have a crush on him, she has a crush on EJ. Chanel tells Johnny he’s delusional. Tate walks over and tells Johnny that Chanel’s correct, Holly doesn’t have a crush on EJ. Soap stares all around.

Sloan and Eric start to talk but Dimitri texts her, “You lied to me. Prepare to suffer the consequences.” This freaks out Sloan a bit, I think, she starts deep breathing.

EJ walks in to greet Leo. Leo refuses to talk to EJ without his attorney. EJ torments Leo with threats and untruths.

Holly tells her mom that she’s talked to Eric and he’s agreed to do a DNA test to prove the baby isn’t hers. Nicole is shocked about this, but is pleased.

Tate apologizes to Johnny and Chanel for eavesdropping. Tate sits with them and makes up some amazing story about how Holly isn't crushing on EJ, she's completely over him, then flashes back to conversations had just the other day. Chanel says well, then maybe I’m wrong. Johnny asks if she was crushing on him and Tate says no, absolutely not. Johnny tells Tate he’s sorry that he is sorry for disrupting Tate’s work. Tate says that’s okay, I just remembered I have something important to do today and it involves Chanel.

Nicole is happy for the DNA test. All they need now is a DNA sample from either EJ or Nicole. Holly asks Nicole if she’s okay that she’s trying to help her mom. Nicole states that she hasn’t gone off the deep end.

More text messages from Dimitri to Sloan. We know this because the screen says from Dimitri, I hope no one ever seizes Sloan’s phone, she kind of has been in contact with him and he’s not really a client anyway the text message says. “Leo is facing prison. As will you be once I tell Nicole everything” More deep breathing from Sloan. Sloan replies “I’ll be right over. Don’t do anything until I get there.” Eric asks what’s going on? Sloan yada yadas Eric, saying whatever you want to do to get Nicole to believe the baby is not hers is fine by me and leaves.

EJ continues to talk with Leo who has stated he wants his attorney present, EJ threatens Leo with all the jail time he will be serving as in the rest of his life, for killing my son. EJ tells Leo that Sloan isn’t a great attorney.

Chanel wants to know just what she’s supposed to do to help out Tate? Tate wants to work at the bakery. Chanel will walk Tate over and give him an application and then be back in time to eat breakfast with Johnny. So off they go.

Nicole provides her toothbrush and hopes that will be provide enough DNA for the test. Holly says well it works on all those true crime shows I watch. Nicole is not worried because she knows this is going to come out in her favor.

Kayla asks Eric what is the baby’s name? Eric explains to Aunt Kayla that he and Sloan have been so busy since they’ve gotten the baby that they haven’t had time to name him yet. Eric says Champ, Kiddo, and Big Guy. Eric explains they want a DNA test, to help Nicole know this is Sloan and Eric’s baby, not Nicole and EJ’s baby.

More EJ and Leo, discussing how Leo is being charged with murder for the death of EJ’s son. EJ blames Leo, loudly.

Sloan and Dimitri discuss how Leo’s case will play out. Dimitri says that filing a motion with the judge is not good enough, he’s going to call Nicole and tell Nicole, so he does. Nicole is stunned and wants to talk with him about what happened the night of the delivery. Sloan grabs the phone and hangs up. Holly says well just call him back. Sloan tells Dimitri that even if the judge tosses the murder charge, then Leo will still be facing charges. Sloan says the only way to get Leo to walk, is to have Dimitri turn himself in. Sloan sees a message on her phone, the judge is not tossing the murder charge.

Nicole keeps trying to call Dimitri and he’s not picking up. Holly gets a text from Tate letting her know that Johnny is all alone at the pub. Tate says he will keep Chanel busy. Now Holly has to go to the hospital to drop off the DNA sample and meet up with Johnny. Nicole asks what’s up? Nicole will go alone so Holly can go meet up with a friend.

Eric explains the reason behind the DNA test. Kayla assures Eric only one person needs to sign off on a child’s DNA test.

Johnny is reading or doing something on his phone, Holly comes in and sits with him. Holly spies the bracelet she made for him. She is happy that he is wearing it. Holly says she has something to tell Johnny.

Nicole comes in with her DNA sample and she wants to take a peek at the baby. She talks to him as if she’s his mom.

Leo tells EJ that the court of social media has decided that Leo is the victim in this story. Free Lady Whistleblower is going to be bigger than the Free Britany movement.

Sloan explains how evil and dangerous EJ can be. Sloan says what we need to do is make a trade your head on a platter. What are you willing to do to save Leo?

Leo and EJ discuss Dimitri’s large and magical body parts. Sloan walks in she tells EJ that Dimitri will turn himself in as long as he drops all charges against Leo.

Dimitri can’t believe he is doing this. Turning himself in to free another person, a knock at the door.

Tate finally gets his application at the bakery. But he won’t let Chanel go back to the Pub.

Now Johnny and Holly discuss the lost baby. Holly explains her DNA plan.

At the hospital, Kayla says the testing will only take an hour, so just hang out and we will have our answers. Nicole is thrilled that in an hour she will have proof this is her baby. Wish that were the case.

Da' plot, da plot. Of course Kayla could've swabbed Nicole's cheek, but that would be far too easy.
Leo and EJ discuss Dimitri’s large and magical body parts.
Why in the world do the writers think we want to hear about "magical body parts"?? Guess they think they're hip and sexy now that Days is on Peacock. :rolleyes:

If they want to discuss body parts, how about entire shows devoted to the Salem Brain and how often it goes unused and missing? Seriously, the Salem Brain should be on the side of Salem milk cartons.

11ba5006e1a86f10bfc5a22d1c6ad80c.jpg

After watching, why didn't Kayla say "why don't just a get a swab?" And when this test comes back that it's not Nicole's, I hope she says "no, I want another test with a swab directly from me, there was something wrong with the toothbrush."

Who is at the door for Dimitri?

Holly and Johnny are very, very annoying. I'm just waiting for her to drug him and end up in his bed, because that's never been done before.

Does the baby now officially belong to Eric and Sloan? I know this was a private adoption, but has any type of legal paperwork been signed/filed? Are they considered the legal guardians at this time? If not (in the real world) who would be? Just curious.

Dimitri is a moron for acting on Sloan's self-serving "legal advice". If the baby isn't dead and the authorities know that, then the murder charge against Leo will be dropped. Sure, there are other charges but they are minor in comparison. EJ will not have a personal incentive to go after Loe once the baby is revealed to be alive. Also, Dimitri will now be charged with the murder of the baby. The murder charge, however, goes away for either Leo or Dimitri once Sloan and Melinda are fingered in the baby swap drama.

Last edited:
Does the baby now officially belong to Eric and Sloan? I know this was a private adoption, but has any type of legal paperwork been signed/filed? Are they considered the legal guardians at this time? If not (in the real world) who would be? Just curious.
In the real world, I'd imagine the birth mother is the legal guardian until the official paperwork is filed with the courts.

Dr.BakerFan, our resident legal expert, can chime in, though.

Dimitri is a moron for acting on Sloan's legal "advice". If the baby isn't dead and the authorities know that, then the murder charge against Leo will be dropped. Sure, there are other charges but they are minor in comparison. EJ will not have a personal incentive to go after Loe once the baby is revealed to be alive. Also, Dimitri will now be charged with the murder of the baby. The murder charge, however, goes away for either Leo or Dimitri once Sloan and Melinda are fingered in the baby swap drama.
This is exactly what I thought after watching today’s episode. Dimitri seems like an intelligent person. He may be demented and selfish. But he does seem intelligent. All he has to do is call or have another attorney call the police or EJ and tell them that he surrendered Nicole’s baby to Sloan and Melinda. Sloan has Nicole’s baby. This would be enough cause to investigate and question Sloan, Melinda and that shady pediatrician.

Why does Dimitri feel like he has to keep quiet about Sloan admitting to taking Nicole’s baby and pretending it is from some adoption agreement?

This is a huge plot hole.

Exactly, it makes NO SENSE. Dimitri's entire motivation was to get the charges dropped against Leo so they could be together. How does taking the blame for Sloan's actual crime accomplish this? Dimitri knows the court is throwing the book at Leo and Leo is only an accomplice to the alleged crime Dimitri is the perpetrator.

It is impossible to suspend disbelief here. First, no one investigated the baby's body allegedly being destroyed, and now this. I've seldom seen such a poorly thought-out storyline. This entire mess is full of more logic holes than Swiss cheese!

Last edited:
Thank you, Robin!

I did think Sloan was going to bop Dimitri over the head and drag his body to the DiMansion caves, since that is the go-to place for hiding people. Also, smash his phone to bits.

Eric DID try to ask Sloan about the test until she ran out and said to do whatever he needs to. She never would have agreed to the DNA test.

So how will this get messed up? A lot of recycled plots can be dredged up again.

I hate that Tate is helping Holly. Since he likes her, why would he help her if the end game is her with Johnny? (though that will never happen, even if they weren't step-siblings) The warning signs were put out there, but Johnny does not think there is a problem. Is Chanel backing down with her sixth sense?

My guess on the Tate/Holly scheme is Johnny is going to twist all the times Tate intervenes to mean he has a crush on Chanel. So when that Holly contrives to have it come out about Tate and Chanel, Holly being "so into Tate" will be devastated and Johnny will be there to comfort Holly. I'm sure it will work out wonderfully, just as planned and be finished sometime next Thanksgiving.

Also I'd like fishing-boat Dimitri to return. He was mean, intelligent, forward thinking. This love-sick puppy guy is annoying. And we know he hasn't been neutered because of EJ and Leo's discussion earlier in the show.

Honestly it feels like Ron Carlivati was high or drunk when he came up with it. It's making the Rachel/Mackenzie story look like Shakespeare. At least in that one I understood Xander and Victor's motivations.

Other than Sloan, nobody else's motivation in this whole plot makes a lick of sense. They have way more to lose by keeping quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very hard to believe no one is asking for the body of the baby to bury it. No one asks for autopsy report. Nicole doesn't want to hold the baby one last time to say good-bye. Very poor plotting by the writer.

EJ does seem to trying to "be there" for Nicole. But a bumbling set of so-called writers have done poorly with the storyline.

Thanks, robin.

Chanel told Johnny she'll have more free time to spend with him since she hired an employee. It's the Christmas
season, how can she have free time at a bakery?

Interesting Chanel still has paper applications for people to fill out. Most places want you to fill out one online.

So, Tate is helping keep Chanel away from Johnny. What's going to happen when Chanel finds out Holly was with Johnny?

Will Dimitri actually turn himself in to save Leo? If he does, will he tell EJ the truth about the baby? That's the flaw if Dimitri
turns himself in.

Back