Days of Our Lives - Friday, February 11, 2011

It was very odd. She is talking to Parker, saying how she really is a good mother, making cookies, and mentions a pitcher of ice cold milk, not those cartons with lipstick marks on them. And no, she didn't say the cookies were for Parker, just that she is proving how good a mom she can be.

Let me say here and now, I do not care how small that kitchen is......NO ONE would have that bassinet placed next to the oven. At any time.

It is obvious Chloe gets distracted very easily...as she did taking out the bottle to feed Parker, and not heating it. And she forgets cookies after just putting them in the oven???

I missed something. Did Chloe actually indicate she was making the cookies for Parker??? I didn't get that.
yes she did. she said she was making the cookies for parker.

It was very odd. She is talking to Parker, saying how she really is a good mother, making cookies, and mentions a pitcher of ice cold milk, not those cartons with lipstick marks on them. And no, she didn't say the cookies were for Parker, just that she is proving how good a mom she can be.

Let me say here and now, I do not care how small that kitchen is......NO ONE would have that bassinet placed next to the oven. At any time.

It is obvious Chloe gets distracted very easily...as she did taking out the bottle to feed Parker, and not heating it. And she forgets cookies after just putting them in the oven???
yes she did say she was making the cookies for parker. I heard exactly what she said.

Sorry, did not hear it that way.....maybe it is a matter of interpretation.

Sorry, did not hear it that way.....maybe it is a matter of interpretation.
I guess, but that is exactly what she said. she said she was making the cookies for parker. than she talks about the milk in the pitcher that she was going to give him.

When I watched that last night, I totally thought she was in slightly better spirits then she ahs been of late.

I didn't think that Chloe had said she was baking cookies FOR Parker neither. Just that she was being a good mom and was baking cookies. However, I am still in utter and total shock she even thought for one second it was ok to leave him alone. When my kids were young, I wouldn't even go outside on my front step to have a smoke because I didn't want to leave them in the house alone. Sleeping or not sleeping...hence the reason I do not smoke anymore. It helped me a lot with quitting LOL

Thanks for the writeup mkvlam!

Just watched the Bo & Hope shorts - FINALLY he tells her he loves her - woo hoo!!! I want to see some good old Bo/ Hope romance though - I hope they dont sell us short on this one.

Scary to think about Chloe leaving Parker alone. I wish they wouldn't go there with this story but they are. Arghhhh. I dont know if I want to actually watch that.

Here is Chloes words exactly.

See, Parker? I am a good mother. Cuz` good mommies make their kids homemade cookies and give em` cold milk in a pitcher and not some tacky old carton with lipstick on the spout...

and you know what? I can handle going to Nicole's wedding. Even if the guests think I'm the $%#@! of Babylon and think I'm losing my mind because I lost my husband... You know what? I'm not gonna there, because I am in a good place!

Look at me! I am baking delicious cookies... for my little man... everything is great... alright... *RING* coming... coming... coming... *SHE ANSWERS THE PHONE* Uh... Hello? Yes? Oh! OK... Uh, great. I will be right there to pick it up. Thanks. *SHE HANGS UP THE PHONE, CONTINUES TO TALK TO PARKER...* Okay, sweetie. Your prescription is ready... ohh, and you are finally asleep. Ugh! If I put you in that car you are going to start screaming again. You know what the pharmacy is only a couple of minutes away, ill be right back.

So YES. She does say that she is making cookies for her `Little man.`
Unless she means Philip because he leans to one side with his prosthetic leg, then I think she means Parker, and I think that shes crazy. Well, definitely not capable of having Parker right now. For the time being, I need Melanie and Kate to succeed.

If they were going to use Chloe's not warming the bottle for Parker as an indication of her unstable state of mind, they should have taken more care not to let Maggie give Parker an unheated bottle the other day when Kate and Victor were at her house. Maggie took the bottle out of the refrigerator and took the baby from Kate, then went off into the other room to feed him. Okay, so it's possible she warmed it in another room, but I kept waiting for her to warm the bottle in the kitchen before taking the baby from Kate.

Question.....What does Chloe mean about a milk carton with lipstick on the carton?

LOL, only thing I could think of was how some characters are always shown grabbing a carton of anything from the frig and drinking from the carton....rather than pouring into a glass.

actually melanie used to always poor her drinks in cups when she was staying at maggies.

Maybe Chloe is thinking of one of the foster homes she used to live in.

The lipstick thing seemed a little weird to me. I don't think I've ever seen a woman do that. I think of it as a male thing. Not all males, of course, and I don't mean to be sexist, just saying what I've seen.

I think that Chloe has an image of good mom's making cookies...like the mom's on Father Know's Best or The Nelsons or Leave It To Beaver and such. Hmm. Are there any "moms" in current tv programming who bake cookies?

Referring to baking cookies for her "little man" is perhaps her way of showing herself that she is a cookie baking mama and, therefore, a good mom. She may be making this effort to live up to an image and not, literally, to feed the cookies to Parker. Chloe has wanted for a long time to have her happily ever after dream; I think the cookie stuff is just another part of her dreaming of the future.

Back