Days of our Lives - Friday February 9, 2024

I was amazed at all the open doors. Harris just walked into the pub. Are the people that live there all given front door keys? I have seen people go out the back though. Looks like the perp just walked into the Horton house and the Pub to be able to go upstairs. It looks like they are framing Xander which I really dislike as he has changed for the good. I guess Sarah will doubt him again? I believe Clyde's assistants are a combo of no one we know & that new male cop. I don't think Everett is part of it. I think he has his own weird story.

It should be noted that Clyde’s cheesy criminal organization has gone way too far in shooting a police detective and setting fire to a home where children live. Recall that in 1935, the bosses of the American Mafia had gangster Dutch Schultz killed after he insisted, over their strong objections, that he was going to have New York Special Prosecutor Thomas E. Dewey murdered. It would be a welcome development if Cousin Angelo Vitali and his fellow mobsters decided that Clyde should share the fate of Dutch.

Will Doug die or be severely burned in the fire? Wasn't he upstairs sleeping?

What this looks like is fake flames special effects.. E.g., burning rooms are filled with smoke — visibility here is remarkably good. I expect that when Julie’s restoration is done things will look more or less the same, including the sacred clock, Dr. Tom’s chair and the Dr. Cameron Davis failed seduction chair.

The shooter was a leftie. I slept through Everett and Stephanie scenes so not sure if he is left handed. Has anybody noticed?
I'm gonna watch all his scenes and then I will let you know
You can't go by whether the shooter was left or right handed, as they use random stand-ins to do those types of scenes.

I figure the shooter is just some random dude hired to do the job so who'd hire someone and blame it on Xander? I assume it's Clyde because he's expendable. Or maybe Orpheus since I can't remember where he is now or if he's even alive. I can't think of anyone current that they'd want to send to jail. Unless as someone mentioned it's a set up and Xander is in on it.

Julie left out a lot of important stuff. Like how Laura was married to Prince Mickey the golden boy, and Duke Bill wanted her but couldn't have her, but he took her anyway.

I'm glad Julie will have something to do, for once, that doesn't involve being smug or hosting dinners.

Like how Laura was married to Prince Mickey the golden boy, and Duke Bill wanted her but couldn't have her, but he took her anyway.
Yeah, probably best to leave out that Great Grandpa Bill raped Great Grandma Laura when she was married to Great Uncle Mickey, which is how your Great Uncle Mike was conceived. Or how Uncle EJ raped Sami Brady, which is why your cousin Johnny exists and is only a half-brother to his twin, your cousin Allie. Those stories are better left for another time.

Remember teenage JJ's reaction to finding out Jack raped Kayla?

Teenage Thomas will have lots of drama to play just finding out about his mommy and daddy's "love" affair, and just his mainline ancestors.

I just think it's odd that the scabs chose to write Bill and Laura like a great love story. Even General Hospital recognizes that Luke & Laura aren't a great romance because of the rape.

Back