Days of our Lives - Friday, January 19, 2024

ShaunP(not ShawnD!)

Reaction score
40 minutes today and I'm sure robin will be glad not to do today's summary!

Eric is praying while sitting next to Holly in the hospital while Nicole is packing her bags at home.

Brady and Alex bring Theresa back to their apartment. She’s still high and says she wants to run out but they fight her.

Konstanin runs into Steve outside the Pub saying maybe he’ll go back to his home Aria, and he thinks Steve knows what he’s talking about.

Harris comes into the infirmary at Statesville where Kate is sitting next to a beaten up Lucas on a hospital bed. (I’m not sure exactly what it is she has on, but the blouse she’s wearing has fur on the ends of the sleeves like you would have on a coat with hand warmers.) She yells at Harris.

Maggie comes into the hospital room and tells Eric how sad she is as a recovering alcoholic to see how addiction has hurt them all, Summer, Eric’s killing of Daniel, now Holly. Maggie talks about forgiveness. She says that Eric was her father longer than EJ or Daniel and that it means a lot to both her and Holly that he’s there. They hug and cry.

Nicole plays with Holly’s bear when EJ comes in saying the car will be there soon. Nicole talks about how happy Holly looked on New Year’s Eve. Holly’s all grown up but she’s still their little girl. EJ asks if she’s sure he shouldn’t go with her? Nicole doesn’t know how long she’ll be gone and the work EJ is doing is very important. The doctors say she should have things that are important to her, so Nicole packed her Taylor Swift collection, some books, the teddy bear.

Harris apologizes to Kate, who of course continues to lay into him about not trusting him. Lucas calls out for them to stop, they’re giving him a headache.

Konstantin wants to know why Steve is being so secretive about his hometown.

Theresa is spinning out about Tate. She goes after everyone, Eric for not asking Holly for help, Alex for not getting the charges dropped with his lawyer, Brady for whatever else she can think of. She snaps the rosary Eric gave her and it falls to the ground.

Lucas tells Kate and Harris about the people at the prison he talked to thinking he could trust them. Harris lets them know they suspect there is a dirty cop.

Nicole and EJ come into the hospital saying the helicopter should be there soon, the DiMera jet is fueled and ready to go. They should be in Italy by nightfall. Maggie kisses Holly and says goodbye to her saying she can’t wait to hear her voice again.

Theresa falls to the ground saying she’s doomed, God will never forgive her for breaking her grandmother’s rosary. Alex thinks they should give Theresa a drink or something because it worked for the guys back in college. Brady suggests he leave.

Steve says he doesn’t know what Konstanin is talking about, but he should pack his bags at Maggie’s and go back home. Konstantin asks if he knows about “The Pawn.” Steve plays off like he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Konstantin recounts Victor winning the prize of this mystery man called The Pawn.

Nicole talks about how just a couple of weeks ago they were worried about the SATs and applying for college. Eric says he has a good feeling about the doctors helping her. Nicole says she’s going to be right by her side and that she won’t give up on her.

Kate says she thought the reward for Lucas helping would be worth the risk, but clearly Harris lied because Lucas now has a target on his back. Harris leaves to make a call. Kate says Harris needs to get him out.

Brady tells Alex he thinks that Alex being there is causing Theresa to be embarrassed about being her worst self in front of him. He asks if Alex can go get some donuts and coffee for her. He leaves and Brady continues to help Theresa, who falls down into his arms.

Nicole tells Eric to cherish every moment with his little boy. EJ gets a text that the helicopter has arrived. Eric excuses himself as Nicole and EJ go over to Holly’s bed. Nicole laments the past as EJ comforts her. He kisses Holly’s head and tells her he will get justice for her.

Harris comes back in and says the Governor’s office won’t grant him release yet because the intel he provided didn’t lead them to the source of the drugs, even though it did provide them leads.

Alex runs into Maggie in the Square and tells her about Theresa’s slip up. He’s really worried about her.

Theresa seems to be coming down now, saying please tell me this was a bad dream. Why did she give in after all those years of sobriety? Brady says no one is judging her. She says she doesn’t deserve anyone’s love. She says she’s done some really horrible things lately. Flashback to the conversation with Konstantin about Alex and the inheritance. She tells Brady she’s a bad person.

Steve asks Konstantin if this Pawn was so important in his life, why does he not know who he is? Konstantin says he was just a name until he saw those eyes. He’ll never forget those eyes. Steve begins to leave and Konstantin stops him demanding to know who The Pawn is.

Harris pledges to take full responsibility for Lucas. A guard comes in saying there’s someone in the visitor’s room that needs to talk to him.
Alex tells Maggie all about what happened with finding Theresa in the motel room. He says Brady sent him away but thought he was just trying to get rid of him. Maggie says it was good to include Brady as he knows Theresa very well and is a recovering addict himself. Alex is worried about what to do when Brady leaves. Maggie says be there for her and encourage her to go back to her meetings. He says he’s going to abstain from alcohol for a while. Maggie offers to be there for advice and encouragement.

Brady asks what she’s talking about? Theresa says I’m a failure, that’s all you need to know. She begs Brady not to tell Tate about this, he agrees. He tells her “it’s always darkest before the dawn,” and that’s been the story of his life. He tells her she’s going to be just fine, that she’s a fighter and strong.

Holly is wheeled out to the main area of the hospital. EJ and Nicole kiss goodbye as Eric watches from the background. An orderly wheels Holly into the elevator. Nicole stands there as the doors close leaving EJ and Eric looking on. Eric walks away.

Theresa is leaning on Brady saying she’s getting really sleepy. He tells her to drink her water. She apologizes for Alex calling. He says he wants to be there for her, telling her to drink again. Theresa talks about how grateful she is that Brady is still her friend after she’s screwed up so many times. She kisses Brady as Alex walks in the door with the coffee and donuts.

Konstantin keeps yelling at Steve to tell him who The Pawn is and Steve grabs him telling him to get out of town as Maggie comes around the corner asking what’s going on.

Kate tells Lucas she’s proud of him, that he needs to hang tough. She tells him she loves him and leaves.

In what will come as a shock to absolutely no one except the detective, Harris walks in and the person who wants to see him is Clyde. He says they need to talk about current events, like what happened to Lucas.

Well, the cliffhanger wasn't as much of a surprise, as many figured Clyde was gonna be involved. Don't really like Lucas's "look" of late.....the longer hair, and facial hair just don't seem to work for him, but that is just me, I guess.

I have no idea how Konstantin could "demand" Steve tell him anything at all, even the time of day. LOL. Rather silly to keep repeating Aria like that.......Steve is way too smart for that stupid ploy.

Looks like Nicole is leaving for a while, going with Holly. Then we have a few characters in comas, or hospital beds. Guess this is how Days reduces cast appearances, saving $$$. (maybe they could save more by having wardrobe visit Marshalls or TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Zappos....you know..... designer clothes at discount prices). Though I doubt you'd find that ugly fur jacket Theresa/Gwen wore several days ago that cost a bundle. LOLOL

Thank you ShaunP for saving me from this Friday's cliffhanger. A cliffhanger of boredom.

Wonder if Holly gets to Italy and for some reason needs a DNA test for the experimental whatnot they are going to do and they will make Holly Eric's daughter, since they laid the groundwork for that the day of the implantation?

Why, just why did it take Salem's finest this long to figure out Clyde Weston was involved??

And the sooner Konstantin is gone the better.

Fired guy directed this show. We should be coming to the end of his reign shouldn't we?? Is that the reason Nicole is being sent away? In retaliation to standing up to him?

We might be coming up on the time right around when everything was starting to blow up and people were speaking up. It is quite possible Nicole's exit was a result of Ari Zucker (Nicole) posting publicly about what was happening. It was about a week or so period if I recall from when the first news broke until the firing, so maybe the next 3 weeks of episodes?

What more can they do with John/Pawn?? Wasn't that Stefano, not Victor? Why do they always have to go to some foreign country for medical care? I've heard more than once that the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, is the best there is. I guess the actors that make you wish them away, are probably very good at their role, re: Konstantin. I'd like to wring his neck!!

Given the centricity of Nicole in the storylines right now, it really makes you wonder what the other executives were doing letting fired guy send her away (if that's what happened), and how in the name of all that is holy did no one find this strange or a problem? It would have been clear that this was a vendetta of some kind greatly impacting the show.

Also, I have no memory of Victor using John as a pawn. I have clear memories of Stefano referring to John as his pawn. What in the retcon heck is this? Or am I missing where Victor used his daughter's baby daddy as a brainwashed puppet. Victor was bad, but he was never really a Stefano-level sci-fi evil villain.

rf....I think perhaps you hit the nail right in the center. The actor is leaving Days, and GH is touting his return there a lot, so.........since he's a cop....yep, not many knew what was going on. Good work! Trust you are right.

Oh, I agree. I don't want Harris to be one, and he, himself, brought up "dirty cop", so it is weird. But blackmail or threats cause folks to do things they would not ordinarily do. Harris does know Ava is from Mafia family, and has done some bad things in her day. Guess, we will learn in the near future.

I am so tired of Konstantin, and Maggie needs to wise up. I am sure when they show how she reacts to this situation it will be all defense of Konstantin. And if he knows John is the pawn because of his eyes, why does he need Steve to tell him?

Gwennie T is growing on me. Guess I just l like Theresa being around. Alex looked pretty PO'd.

Am hating that Nicole is leaving. When was her son born? Thanksgiving? She needs her baby back and Sloan needs to stop being mommy. Hate it!

Back