Days of Our Lives - Friday, July 5, 2019

mandamiee

Reaction score
Sorry the show is ridiculously jumpy today, I'm typing while I watch.

Start with Stefan & Gabi discussing "Nicole's" sick day and how Stefan can keep work & pleasure separate, at which point Gabi kisses Stefan.

Jump to Eric praying in the hospital chapel, Hope comes in talking about Will & Sonny and Rex & Sarah's wedding.

Next we jump to Rex and Sarah discussing their wedding gifts and the necklace from Xander. Then discussing how awful lab coats are to wear at the hospital.

Then we hop to Xander & "Nicole" discussing Ted and Kate when Brady walks in on Xander.

Hop to Ted and Kate panicking about not having food or water.

Back to "Nicole" at the hotel where Chloe is at the door to give her oatmeal cookies from Parker. "Nicole" takes the cookies after again blaming Chloe for killing Holly.

Back Gabi and Stefan, he says he needs to get some Gabi Chic paperwork, as Gabi flashbacks to talking with Kate about using Stefan for the money. "Nicole" walks in, Gabi gives "Nicole" a hard time about being 2 days late for her 1st day of work. "Nicole" calls Gabi Chic cheap and trashy. Stefan breaks up the fight telling the she-devils that they need to work together to get DiMera back on top.

Back to the chapel where Hope thanks Eric for trying to spare her feelings about Rafe moving on with Carrie. Over to Rex at the Square who's texting Brady that Kate is on a business trip, when Chloe walks up asking him what's wrong after filling him in about the cookies and "Nicole".

Over to Brady at the Kiriakis mansion still talking to Xander about the missing Kate, when Brady gets Rex's text. Brady comments that he didn't authorize any travel.

After commercial we're back with Hope & Eric at the chapel discussing the weird texts from Ted, and the necklace Ted tried to give her, but Xander gave to Sarah.

Back to Chloe & Rex discussing the necklace and how odd it is that Xander gave it to Sarah.

At the K-mansion Xander tells Brady he authorized Kate's travel.

Back to Ted & Kate arguing about food & water and Ted taking a sponge bath.

Upstairs at the DiMera mansion, Gabi is pitching a live beach themed fashion show with Jimmy Fallon as host. "Nicole" doesn't like it and wants to focus on Basic Black not Gabi Chic, and how father would not have wanted Gabi Chic to be the focus. Stefan catches the father comment.

In the square Rex offers to give the necklace to Chloe rather than return it to Xander.

Xander is trying to leave the K-mansion when Hope comes in and questions Xander about the necklace.

Back at the hospital chapel Sarah and Eric talk about the BBQ and Nicole and Holly. And how much Holly loved Eric then they talk about how Eric is giving up in Nicole.

Stefan tries to figure out why "Nicole" called Stefano father. She makes excuses and changes the subject to how what they need at DiMera is experience not fashion sense.

In the dungeon, Ted tries to convince Kate that while he loves Hope he thinks Kate should take a champagne shower too. Kate calls him a pig.

Chloe can't believe that Rex would give her the necklace but agrees to try it on, at which point Brady walks up and questions what they are doing.

Eric is still with Sarah talking about how he needs to let go of Nicole as she won't get over losing Holly. Sarah hugs him.

Hope is accusing Xander of lying about buying the necklace as Ted had tried to give it to her.

Back to Stefan, Gabi, and "Nicole" arguing about the fashion show and what to serve, Gabi wants margaritas, "Nicole" says champagne the same kind Stefano loved. Stefan says they have several cases in the cellar Gabi tells "Nicole" to get it, "Nicole" tells Gabi to, Stefan says he's the boss "Nicole" should get it.

Rex is explaining to Brady what's going on with the necklace. Brady understands and apologizes about the misunderstanding and that the stuff with Kate & Xander is weird. Rex gets another weird text from Kate.

Xander tells Hope he bought the necklace from Ted.

Nicole whines about having to carry all the champagne alone. Stefan tells her to get it or lose her job.

Kate tells Ted he was a fool for losing the best thing he ever had, meaning her.

Sarah hugging Eric in the chapel. He says he shouldn't be burdening her with his problems, she just got married.

Rex showing Brady the texts from Kate and how the 2 new texts don't follow Kate's normal pattern.

"Nicole" in the cellar whining about the champagne and how she Kristen can't wait to take her rightful place. She walks into the dungeon and gasps at Ted & Kate being in there.

The end.

How many times is Sarah gonna walk in on Eric at the chapel? It is way past time for Sarah and Eric to end. She is married to your brother!! Married!!!

Xander is quick on his feet coming up with the pawn shop so quick when Hope questioned him.

Please let this be the end of Ted and Kate being captive. Even though they didn't get to do it. And please let Kristen be exposed soon!! I wish they would show us real Nicole and Holly.

Thanks - I don't understand how "Nicole" knows about the specifics of the argument between Kate and real Nicole at that fashion show. I'm just glad that they appear ready to move this along. I don't think it's going to be very long before Kristen gets exposed.

Why would Ted try to pawn an expensive piece of jewelry? Pawning is for cheaper items, not something like that necklace.

gotta say, hysterical when Ted took a "shower" using the champagne, after Kate said he smelled. And he smells himself.
So "Nicole" walks in and Kate/Ted making out!!! Egads.....he just said he loved only Hope.
Yes, sick of Sarah walking into every scene imaginable, and especially when Eric is praying in the chapel. Dr. Sarah evidently has no patients at all, does she? (I certainly would not be one)
Also rolling eyes at the idea the secret room is where they stash the expensive champagne. With a door that can only be opened from the outside! what happens if that door closes on whoever is getting a bottle? Who would ever know?

Thanks, Mandie......

Chloe can't believe that Rex would give her the necklace but agrees to try it on, at which point Brady walks up and questions what they are doing.

I haven't seen the show.... but really, what freaking business is it of Brady's what Rex and Chloe are doing??? Unless it is to say "hey what you doing? want to go grab a beer at the pub?"

Thanks Manda for the summary.....

Brady does know Rex & Sarah just got married (so why are they not together?) and here Rex is putting this necklace on Chloe. LOL. However, he was only asking in casual way, to me, anyway.

Sarah: How long will her marriage to boring, cheating Rexy last. The way she was "comforting" the distraught (as usual) Eric, marital troubles may not be far off.

Xander: So creepy Kristen has learned of his perfidy regarding Ted and Kate? So what? If push ever came to shove, the X-Man could snap her in half like a pretzel.

Gabi: Here too, the awful Kristen has a losing hand. All she has is her dubious business abilities, but Gabi offers what Zero really wants: fun and games between the sheets.

Rexy: He wants to give away Xander's gift? This probably a bad move because Xander is sure to find out one way or another. He'll then give gullible Sarah a dose of his hurt, puppy-dog eyes routine over his spurned gift, meaning a new trip to the bedroom could be in the offing.

Ted: His impromptu champagne bath might open up new possibilities for the enterprising attorney once he's free of DiMera captivity. He could sign on as a spokesman for one of the finer champagne companies, promoting the benefits of bathing with the bubbly. E.g., Ted: "I don't always bathe with champagne, but when I do, I always choose Moet & Chandon's Dom Perignon. It has a fizzy thrill that just doesn't quit."

Last edited:
Stefan breaks up the fight telling the she-devils that they need to work together to get DiMera back on top.
I might buy this story if they had to move out of the house or wear knock-offs or something - but I don't think the writers care if we believe it.
how father would not have wanted Gabi Chic to be the focus
Yes, a trendy youth fashion line would definitely have detracted from DiMera's brand of mad science, brainwashing, and Brady-family-focused mayhem.
Rex showing Brady the texts from Kate and how the 2 new texts don't follow Kate's normal pattern.
Xander's too smart for that. Is Kristen sending these texts? I forget who has her phone.

As weird as it might be for Sarah to have accepted Xander's gift, it's worse for Rexy to pass it off to Chloe of all people. Rex and Sarah are truly the worst.

Yes, a trendy youth fashion line would definitely have detracted from DiMera's brand of mad science, brainwashing, and Brady-family-focused mayhem.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Stefano: Rrrrrrrolf, before you go down to the lab to crrrreate a Rrrafael lookalike, what do you think of this neon grrreen crrrrop top?

Thanks, manda.

It's a new day in Salem. How long will this one last?

Why does Sarah always find Eric alone in the chapel?

I'm glad Rex and Brady are questioning Kate's texts.

Will Chloe keep the necklace? It's too bad Rex married Sarah because
I think Chloe likes him.

Loved the ending when "Nicole" saw Kate and Ted in wine cellar.

he said she always signed off with xoxo, but that was missing last 2 texts

I think Sarah's IQ has dropped about 40 points since she got married. What's with all the over the top "joking" and such?

Thanks for the write up. I'm with the unfortunate group that lost NBC for now. Of course Directv blames on Nexstar who owns NBC and other stations. It's always about the money.

Barbara...when they eventually come to an agreement, your rate will increase for sure.

Back