Days of Our Lives -Friday, May 9, 2014

Even if Sami and EJ's hitman isn't the one to kill Nick, I need it revealed that they in fact HIRED someone to kill Nick. Will needs to see what his mother and future step-father are capable of. The Bradys need to know, that despite Sami's proclamations to the contrary, EJ hasn't changed, and that she in fact has joined him in that cesspool of unethical, immoral tendencies where he lives. Lucas needs to see the reckless regard for human life the mother of his child has and how easily she's influenced by EJ so that he can remove his daughter from that household. It would be another of the many slaps in the face these writers have delivered in recent years if this fact is not made public.

Edited: changed "father-in-law" to step father. thanks for the heads up KathyLu

Allie will be a teen and throwing it back in Sami's face with "you ruined my life when you hired a hitman to kill my favorite cousin, Cousin Nicky", just like Sami spouts off "you ruined my life when you slept with John on the conference room table at Titan" to Marlena on a regular basis.

Good point about Allie! I bet that will lead to a custody battle and Lucas will win in the end. But first, I'm sure both will be suspects.

It's also a good point about 2 shooters though all the shots came from the same direction?

I will definitely be watching this one again. I was on a conference call for the 2nd half hour so had the volume really low with the phone muted LOL.

A few nitpicks:
--Bad editing again in the pub scene. They showed Jordan with Allie and 2 seconds later Will and Abigail are in the corner. Clearly these 2 scenes were not shot at the same time because you could not see Jordan and Allie seated behind Will. And why would Lucas leave his daughter with a stranger if her brother and cousin were right there?
--Why would Lucas leave Allie with a stranger? 2nd time in the same day poor Allie was abandoned by a parent over Nick!
--Was Gabi even on today other than the last 10 minutes?

The final scene at HTS was just really strange. I really hope Rafe is still standing there on Monday and isn't replaced by Hope. I would like to see them work together.

Mother of the Year today Sami! Your young daughter is SCREAMING BLOODY MURDER and you're standing there with your arm around your rapist!!!!!!! :sick:
:tsk::tsk::tsk:

I wonder what Nick is going to say on Monday. I'm curious if he'll reveal anything.

Again, I must say that the actor portraying Nick (Blake Berris) is wonderful ! Bravo ! He can show such a range of emotions. While yesterday, I hated him and wanted him gone so badly, today, he actually made me feel sorry for the character. Too little, too late, indeed, but still... Kudos to Mr. Berris and good luck with his future endeavors !

And while I do not enjoy scenes of violence, not at all, I think this one was pretty well done (again, mainly because the actor was so good). And I did notice three shots too, so I'm thinking, like others, there may be more than one shooter. And at the end, everyone being there in HTS (though I did think nighttime came pretty quickly since yesterday, and one would think HTS would be almost empty at this hour), was still somewhat entertaining. Poor little Allie, though, what a horrible thing to witness. Everyone was pretty good : Nick, Julie, all the faces looking at Nick, etc. Except... Sami !

Wow ! Sami is so ridiculous, it's not even funny. There she is, pointing at Nick, panicking, trying to speak, while EJ puts his finger in front of his mouth to shush her !!!! Yeah.... LIKE NO ONE'S GONNA SEE THAT ! :rolleyes: Sorry for the yelling, but definitely, Sami ruins every scene she's in... in my opinion, of course, so no offense to her fans. Let's just say that between her panicking and EJ shushing her, it would have been better to hold a sign saying : "We did it, we hired a hitman so Nick is dying because of us !". :rolleyes:

And... of course, the shooting happened at the end of Friday's show. So a weekend to wait to see what happens next. You want to bet Hope shoes up running and waving her gun in the air ?

Have a nice weekend everyone... and Happy Mother's Day to all mothers ! :)

I was enjoying the build up today. I caught on to the bad timing of the pub scene. I was watching and thought, wasn't Lucas just there? When did Abigail get there? LOL

Blake Berris (Nick) really has been great - he's been so good at being so bad then today's revelation about himself!

Oh my gosh, poor Allie! I really got the chills when she screamed! Can't wait to see what happens on Monday.

I admit to being a pretty "sheltered" individual when compared to Salem residents... I was never kidnapped, nor any of my children, I've never been shot or blackmailed.... but really wouldn't you worry if your "soul mate" fiance tells you let's go out walking around the town square so we have an alibi for the murder we just hired a hitman for???

I did get to watch live today.... great job by Blake Berris/Nick....

Blake Berris (Nick) did a great job today showing Nick coming to the realization that Nick wasn't thinking as clearly as he thought. Also, other's hating/disliking/mistrusting him was due to his own actions towards them. I'm glad that Days had Julie be the person to finally get through to him.

Seemed like Nick was leaving a message for Marlena, and not speaking with her.

When Nick is shown on the ground the second time there are definitely 2 blood spots. When he enters Horton Square there are 3 separate ones.

It looked to me like Nick was trying to reach rather than point. Maybe reaching towards Gabi for her forgiveness and comfort?

Julie and Allie were well used today, very nicely done.

I liked Blake Berris' (Nick) performance today. It's too bad we haven't been seeing this tortured twist for the past month or so, him battling between his "good" and "bad" sides. Too little, too late.

My money's on the hitman and Percy. (The hitman shot him in the back, but Percy didn't know/see that, and shot him twice in the chest, or something like that.) Everyone else was just too quick to be there.

I too like the idea of everyone finding out what EJ/Sami did. I want them shunned.

A very good episode. This team can really do a good job when they put their effort into it.

A great episode.

I enjoyed the end the best when the suspects all showed up on Horton Square.
Then we hear Allie scream and somehow all the suspects are gathered together.

I enjoyed the conversation Nick and Julie had. I didn't realize Nick has
been there 8 years. Time flies doesn't it. I'm glad we saw some of
the "nice" part of Nick before he was shot.

It was funny when Nick told Julie there was a list of people
that didn't like him. I think all of them were at the square

I think Allie has taken screaming listens from her mom. She was loud.

Will put his hands on the other parts of the gun today. Will that gun
be the murder weapon?

Gabi had on the square telling someone she had to get to Arianna.
Who had Arianna since Will and Sonny not at home either? Was it Caroline?

It's going to be interesting when the police start talking to the
witness/suspects next week.

A fantastic episode! THIS is how to use an ensemble cast!!! Even Julie was not that annoying, Allie and Lucas were both on, Junior and Sami weren't a focal point of the show, Daniel and Jennifer were off today, all of the acting was good and it reached a boiling point!! A cliffhanger for sure! Cannot wait for Monday just to see the conclusion!!!!!

I finally just watched. Very well done. I do wish that they would have just done more with Nick, as Blake Berris is a phenomenal actor. They could have run with a multiple personality disorder story (runs in his family), given him redemption. I guess we got a small taste of that today, with the flashbacks where Nick was thinking of when everyone he hurt praised him for something good he did, all of those things he did with good intentions. I wish that had been an expanded story for him though, rather than this evil piled on to more evil with no real explanation. I truly felt bad for Nick today.

As far as the million dollar "whodunit"... I'm still thinking Percy, perhaps with an assist from the hitman. Everyone else got there too fast, and were too "together". I'm kind of curious to know why Ben has been thrust into the fold, though. An interesting approach to building his character. Gabi pulling off calmly offing Nick would be a nice twist, but I just don't see it.

Also... Good to know Allie inherited her mom's screech. I hate that she had to see her favorite cousin like that, though :( Maybe this will be her excuse during teenage rebellion.

Oh and I don't think the pub editing was bad. The angle they were using on Will didn't show the tables directly in front of the bar, which is where Jordan and Lucas were. Besides, they were at the coffeehouse a scene or two later, so they could have already left by the time Will and Abigail got there. Isn't everything just across the square now? :sarcasm:

Back