Days of Our Lives - Friday, Nov. 21st, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, November 21, 2008

Episode #10,955 Director – Herb Stein

Rafe & Sami – different clothes – same conversation, if you can call it that. She is bored, wants out of that house. Tired of him watching football all the time. Wants to see outside, sunshine, rain, clouds, anything. They argue, argue some more, and argue even more. He says no, she has fits. She rails because the newspaper shows that Trent Robbins’s killer was caught, but the mighty FBI can’t find the killer of someone important, like the mayor. Rafe tries to ignore her tantrum, but she persists, grabbing her pickles from the frig, chomping away as she moans and groans, even drinking the pickle juice. Rafe finally calms her down, making her realize that if they caught the guy today, where would she go, and finally agreeing to letting her see some sunlight. He pulls the drapes aside a bit, Sami ooohs & ahhhhs, notes a church spire off in the distance, Rafe says it is the church and convent of the Holy Cross. The nuns used to run an orphanage there years ago, but now there are only a few nuns around.

The very missed Steve walks up behind John, telling him he has a lead, is meeting someone who can I.D. the mayor’s killer, as John hands him an envelope. John says it had better be soon, before he strikes again. A bit later Steve sits at a table in the Pub with his laptop, as Kayla arrives, just about set to go to work. She wants to know what he is working on, he closes the laptop, cannot share, is for her own good. Kayla gets indignant, Steve finally admits it is John Black, Kayla is not happy, she worries about Steve, having lost him once before. They go back & forth, Steve understands, decides to share with her what he is working on. Shows her the police artist sketch that he is using to match up with a data base of pictures on his computer.
Meanwhile, the killer, in a ski mask, is in Marlena’s apt., gets a call, sez he is in, hears someone at the door, hangs up, and hides. Marlena comes in, throws her keys on the table as she checks her mail. She gets a call from John, who tells her he has his bounty hunter working on the case, to be careful. She asks about Brady, John is evasive. The killer has stealthily come up behind her with a poker. She hangs up, turns and comes face to face with the man, who backs her up against the wall, wanting to know where Sami is. Marlena has no idea, Sami left town, hasn’t heard from her since. The killer refuses to believe that, threatens to kill her. Marlena knees him, runs to the phone, dials John. He answers, she is barely able to say his name, when the connection is gone. The killer has pulled the telephone cord from the wall, has it stretched between his hands. Marlena tries to talk to him, saying she really has no idea where Sami is, so what good would it do to kill her. The killer responds that if she doesn’t know, then she is unimportant, and of no use to him, so why not. Behind the killer, the door opens, John walks in with loaded gun pointed at the killer, who spots him, quickly grabs Marlena to use a shield. John tells him to move away from her, he doesn’t. Marlena is struggling, urging John not to shoot.

At DiMansion, Nicole is reading the newspaper as EJ comes in, wondering if she is ready for her surprise.Oh, yes, but first one for him. He is all ears, she says it is rather kinky, involves handcuffs, but not on her. EJ is raring to go, puts his hands out in front of him together, she laughs, shows him the paper. Nick Fallon has confessed to killing Trent Robbins, she is off the hook. Both are happy, they kiss a few times. She wonders if it is a new car, or a credit card with unlimited credit. EJ smiles, agrees those would be good surprises, but his is even better, he hands her a box, inside is a rolled up note. She reads a note that says her bags are packed for romance and sin, and to go upstairs, her journey will begin. Seems EJ has arranged for a wonderful weekend at a luxurious cabin at a resort. She is thrilled, they are gonna leave right away, she goes up for her purse. Stefano has been standing watching, tells EJ he is happy he & Nicole get along so well.
However, he will have to postpone his trip, as Stefano needs him to go with him on important business.EJ refuses, then caves. Nikki comes downstairs, he tells her he has to attend to some business with his father, she should go alone, here are the directions, he will be there later tonight. Kiss, kiss, she leaves…….and now EJ wants to know what is so important. Stefano claims he will tell him on the plane. EJ is taken aback, where are they going. Argentina!!!!! Ridiculous. But Stefano claims that it is important to go right now, so that EJ will know where…..the assets are “hidden”.
Nicole has arrived at this beautiful cabin, fireplace, hot tub, spa in the bedroom. She is in 7th heaven. After the bellboy leaves, she checks her bag, finds a leopard teddy, smiles as he thought of everything. There are sweets on a plate, a lovely note from EJ. Later, she is in the teddy, wondering where EJ is, munching on the cupcakes. She gets a call from EJ, giving her the bad news. He tells her to stay, but she is gonna head home. His cell battery fails, they are disconnected. She doubles over in pain. A bit later, she has changed clothes, is putting things in her bag, preparing to leave. She doubles over again in pain, grimaces, this way worse, she cries, no, no, the baby.

Barb

Well, I am not going to be watching Nicole lose the baby, still sad that they are going this way but .... I guess they think it will make for good drama and some sort of story line. I like Nicole being happy and all I do not want her to return to a manulipulator again, it seems all the drama revolves around decite and lies... and too much shouting!!! :(
Thanks for the write up Barb, you do a great job.

Thanks so much for the write up!
At first I hated to see Nicole pregnant, but it's grown on me. She really glows, so I hate the writers are going to take this road and have her lose the baby.
And the shouting.... please give me a break from the Sami tirades for awhile.
That is the only thing they write for her now. Naggin and hollaring! It's gotten so old and I for one am tired of hearing it. Thank goodness for fast forward!
Same with Melanie. If they are going to keep her, get the scowl off her face and the whining has to STOP!

Thanks for the summary Poirot. Looks like the writers did not change their minds about Niclole. I liked the scenes with Kayla and Steve. It was so nice to see them again.

Thanks so much for the write up!
At first I hated to see Nicole pregnant, but it's grown on me. She really glows, so I hate the writers are going to take this road and have her lose the baby.
And the shouting.... please give me a break from the Sami tirades for awhile.
That is the only thing they write for her now. Naggin and hollaring! It's gotten so old and I for one am tired of hearing it. Thank goodness for fast forward!
Same with Melanie. If they are going to keep her, get the scowl off her face and the whining has to STOP
!
That's why I can't watch Sami anymore. She wayyyyy to over the top. Don't get me started on Melanie!

I was suffering from TMS (too much Sami) last week, but we got a few days off and now she's back so I probably won't watch today. I can't stand her yelling either. It seems she is always angry and never has a rational conversation with anyone.

So Steve spilled his guts about his job to Kayla! I'm not surprised though.

Not looking forward to hearing Marlena gasp in this one.

:rotfl: KathyLu.....that is exactly what she does.....(Marlena)!!!!

Barb, I can hear her now. (oink! oink!)

Wonder if this trip is the one Nicole was supposed to take in that spoiler that made the rounds a few weeks ago about her and something in a duffel bag?

Well, she does have what looks like a duffle bag, actually, sort of a designer tapestry dufflebag.....and what is inside as far as I could see.......the leopard teddy, ooh la la. THAT was something EJ evidently had purchased. As he had "packed her bag".

Thanks for the write up, as always! Good show, it sounds like. The Sami scenes seem a bit pointless today, however. And Steve and Kayla have become nothing but filler. Hope Steve finds the killer "on-screen" rather than off so we can see him doing something.

Good scenes with John and Marlena, too. So ready for these two to get back together, though I think they should keep NuJohn around - have Marlena fall in love with him "all over again".

Barb, I can hear her now. (oink! oink!)

Wonder if this trip is the one Nicole was supposed to take in that spoiler that made the rounds a few weeks ago about her and something in a duffel bag?

i think it is... it sounds like it...

Thank you for the write up! :) I am not looking forward to Nicole losing her baby.. but what ever... I'm not a fan of hers... but she does glow.. she is so happy.. and to take that away is sooo wrong. I am a big Sami fan.. but I am ALSO getting sick of her always yelling, whinning, and being ****y... Can she be normal for one second?

I'm disappointed that Nicole loses the baby. It seems (at least to me) children are disposable on Days. If tptb have a Nicole steals Sami's baby to pass off as her own s/l then I might have to stop watching. They do this s/l over and over and over and it's old already. Why bother to have someone who was told they can't have children become pregnant only to miscarry??

I think I would move if I was Marlena. It seems awfully easy for hitmen to break into her apartment. Good thing John is always magically there to save her.

Thanks for the write up!

1st off Thanks Barb and KathyLu you both are fantastic.

I for one am not watching this show, I think it is terrible that they are killing Nicoles Baby. shame on our writers and Ken Corday.

TPTB should kill off Sami's baby too! It's not fair, Sami has always had someone to love and care for her, Nicole has not, and this was making her so happy!

Thanks Poirot for the great summary.

So good to see my former faves Kayla and Steve on screen. Loved their frank discussion about his profession.

Poor Rafe has gotten caught in Sami's web. As an FBI agent he should be detached. Instead, he is giving in to her childishness and arguing back. He needs to let her rant and rave and not react.

Hey, drinking pickle juice is a good thing! If Sami has heart burn a couple of ounces of dill pickle juice will cure it! That's what I do after a few Tums tablets don't do the trick.

Back