Days of Our Lives -Friday, Nov. 7th, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, November 07, 2008

Episode #10,950 Director – Herb Stein

Melanie & Philip are still having angry words in the Horton kitchen. He thinks he can handle people like her, she thinks not. Melanie thought he was a nice guy, but finds he is now acting just like her father. They argue back & forth, and Melanie grabs her things and leaves.

At the Cheatin Heart, Max & Nick continue arguing about Melanie. Nick is surprised Max is warning him away from his own sister, but Max knows Melanie is trouble. Both guys are drinking a beer (tsk, tsk, Max, one should never drink when tending bar!) sit at a table and basically repeat themselves. Max is glad he found his sister, but ever since he did, she has caused problems for everyone he knows and loves. Heck, even Nick took a bullet for her. Nick defends her. Max gets a phone call from Trent’s lawyer, and all we hear is No, Melanie did not tell him that. A few minutes later in comes Melanie, wanting some drink and don’t skimp on the rum. Max warns the bartender she is not of age, Melanie insists something about now becoming 18, but Max says it is not old enough to drink there. Melanie insists she is going back to France where at least she can get drunk if she wants. Nick overhears her, goes outside, looking at her thru the window. Max tries to convince Melanie that she has friends in Salem, but she says it is only one – Nick. Her cell rings, an electronically altered voice says she can run, but can’t hide. Outside we see Nick with his cell, and the electronic device.
Melanie rushes to the Horton house, where Nick awaits her, all concerned because she is so upset. She tells him about the phone call, he convinces her to stay there, he will protect her, never leave her, yada, yada. She hugs him, wondering what she would do without him. Nick assures her she will never have to find out.

Phil has gone to the gym, is working out as Stephanie arrives, thanking him for taking her home last night. She will never drink so much again. They have quite the conversation, about nothing in particular. She complains she let her studies slide at school, blew off her mid-terms, will be lucky if she passes the semester, but is going to put her nose to the grindstone and work hard. They discuss Philip hard hearted business demeaner, but Steph thinks he is a teddy bear underneath. He learns she is studying advertising, but actually wants to work for a non-profit outfit, and do some good. He is not impressed, but does offer her an internship at Titan, get some experience, she turns it down. He tells her if she changes her mind, the offer stands.

At the safe house, Sami & Rafe sit at opposite ends of the sofa, playing who will blink first, I guess. (Glad EJ is not a part of this game, lolol). I have no idea what the point of this is, outside of some entertaining conversation. He has dealt with murderers, kidnappers, drug dealers, but thinks she really takes the cake. They chatter back and forth, but Sami is the one who caves first. She can’t stand it, she wants to see her family, friends, and wants to go home. She jumps off the sofa, is nearly in tears talking of missing her children. Rafe gives her his cell to call her dad, she makes the call, asks first about the twins, then gets shocked at news of Nicole’s arrest. She wants further details, then is shouting into the phone that if he was not so busy jumping Chloe’s bones, he would know more. Rafe gets wise, takes the phone away, knows it wasn’t her father, gets her to admit she called Lucas. She is yelling about her son Johnny being with his father who is living with this girl Nicole that he knocked up, and her son could be lving with a murderer. Rage is puzzled, as she called Lucas, and now she says Allie lives with her father. Rafe never heard of twins having different fathers, she says don’t ask how it happened, but says she never did either til it happened to her. Now she offers to make him dinner, is a lousy cook, but can make BLTs. She takes lettuce & tomato from the frig, begins slicing the tomato (never washing it first, lol) and for some reason, tho we never see her put a single strip of bacon in a pan, she suddenly yells fire, as smoke begins pouring from the covered fry pan. She runs to the door, Rafe right behind her, dragging her back, no escape for her. He takes the pan, cover still on it, puts it in the sink and now runs water over it. Sami has been caught again, but claims one can’t blame her for trying. She sneaks his cell into her back pocket while he is watering the pan, and announces she is going to take a shower, is closing the door, get his kicks some place else.

While she is there, Rafe picks the lock open, grabs her clothes. Sami peeks out from behind the shower curtain, notes her clothes are gone, yells at Rafe. Don’t worry, he has her clothes and towel, and therefore, she will be staying put for a while. LOL

At the jail, Nicole is happy EJ rescued her, glad to be back in her cell, and also to know that EJ was really worried about her, too, not just the baby. She smiles, commenting what story she has to tell in years to come of her night in the prison hospital ward. EJ asks why she got there, she explains about a bit of cramping, he realizes she embellished it a bit to get some care, laughs, thinks she will be such a wonderful mom. Nicole realizes the episode made her know even more so, how much she cares and wants to protect this baby.EJ wonders if she is ready to tell the father of that baby the whole truth of that night. Nicole can’t believe he doesn’t trust her story, but he explains how all these bits and pieces are turning up and not jibing.

Hope & Bo are in the office, celebrating his appointment as Commissioner with sparkling cider. They have a few lighthearted words, she promises not to take advantage of his position, even tho his wife, but Bo thinks there are a few perks he doesn’t mind. Big kiss in front of the open blinds, cops on other side watching, she shuts the blinds. Cute. His cell rings, it is EJ saying Nicole is ready to tell all. They leave, and next are in Nik’s cell, Hope holding the recorder next to Nicole as she tells of following Trent to the cemetery, but had a gun, intending to kill him. She could not go thru with it, tho, and left. Bo asks if she saw anyone, since so many people were in that cemetery that night, she says no, but then remembers a tall figure in the shadows at the gate, may have been the caretaker, she is sure it was a man.

Later, Bo talks with Hope about the caretaker, saying he was not on duty that night, and that figure could have been the killer.

In her cell, Nicole hopes the police can question the caretaker and clear her. She then gets a thought…..what if it was Stefano? EJ is taken aback, but she insists that perhaps Stefano was setting her up. That the CSI did not find the bead from her dress the first sweep thru, and the dress was hanging in Stef’s house. And then she starts in on EJ, that he was in it with Stefano. EJ is shocked, what earthly reason would Stefano or he want to do such a thing. Easy, replies Nicole…it is what you both always wanted…..to take my baby from me.

Barb

Thanks for the write up Poirot. I loved the scenes between Rafe and Sami. I think they are so funny together. Loved when she poked her head out from the shower curtin and saw that her cloths were gone.

Thanks for the post. Well looks like they have made Nick really fall off his rocker. Using a voice changer just so Melanie will run to him? Man they can make up the stupidest stuff! Just change a guy from Mr. Nice Guy to coniving murderer overnight. I'd say this has to be so long Nick. Unless they blame this on pain pills? Really now! Be high or lithless...yes... but buy a voice changer, stalk a woman, and murder? Or in a week will they drop this s/l and we'll never see it again? LOL

Is it just me....or are we possibly going to see a Stephanie/Philip hook up?

Nick is a dumb fart!! What is his deal with Melanie. Is he just trying to scare her into staying so he can be with her!??? What the heck!!

Thanks for the write up Barb!

So let me get this straight...Nicole being selfish, using her baby to manipulate people and get what she wants means that she will be a great mother? What kind of logic is that EJ? If she really cared about the baby, if she really wasn't using the baby to get what she wants, she would've told the truth from the get go, to protect her baby from everything she is putting it through. I'm trying really hard to understand why it is that she gets so offended when EJ's #1 concern is the baby, why wouldn't it be? The more time goes on, the more she is just using this baby for whatever she wants. What happens when the baby is born, is she just going to send it away because she's so jealous that EJ loves and cares for the child more than her?

So let me get this straight...Nicole being selfish, using her baby to manipulate people and get what she wants means that she will be a great mother? What kind of logic is that EJ?

It's EJ logic. Since he is also manipulative and selfish, maybe he admires that in Nicole in some weird way.

Barb, did Philip have shorts on at the gym?

I haven't seen Sami since the night she drugged Hilda and can't say I have missed her at all. I often get a case of TMS (too much Sami) and it has been a welcome relief. It looks like she's the same troublemaker as always. Will Sami ever learn? Stay tuned, folks!

Did not look like Phil had shorts on. But no sleeves on his shirt. He mostly did the arm weights.

Sorry some folks were pre-empted today, but that happens all over the country for various things......big fires, hurricanes, bridges falling down, and press conferences.
Since the new president is from Illinois, I suppose they would consider pre-emption, rather than let the news channels or the evening news programs cover it. The same was done in Texas 8 years ago.

Just dawned on me Kathy, We will probably never see Philip in shorts...cuz then they would have to show his prosthesis.
gad that Rafe is really one handsome dude. Great smile!

That's why I was wondering about the shorts. Guess I was hoping to catch a blooper but they never showed him past the *bleep* (no offense). At one point, I caught myself leaning toward the screen trying to see his legs. That's an old woman for you!

Boy that Nick is one creepy dude....I think Blake has found his niche....his "dark look" is truly believable...!!!!! I'm very curious on how this will play out and how it will end......

I found it amusing that suddenly Sami is wearing full makeup and fancy earrings now that Rafe is guarding her, but was looking pretty plain when she had the other guards.

I'm rooting for a Philip and Chloe reunion, but I did like the scenes in the gym between Philip and Stephanie. They have definite chemistry. I've seen rumors around the Internet that Shelley and Jay are dating, but they may be no more than rumors. If the characters do hook up, I'd hate for it to be a rebound for Stephanie. It would be like Belle rebounding from Shawn. I think Stephanie would go back to Max in a heartbeat.

I thought it was hilarious that Nicole was concerned about teaching her child values and that she may not be the right person to do it. Then EJ "reassured" her that they would be there to teach the child values together. That poor kid doesn't stand a chance.

Just a thought on the Nick "dark side". Maybe he definitely has a dark side or has finally gotten fed up with being "taken for granted". IF (and that's a big "if")this is true and he doesn't want to share the wealth with Melanie, maybe he is playing her. She thinks he really cares about her because he is acting that way around her but, at the same time, he is the one driving her nuts. If she gets upset enough and runs, giving up all her rights to the money to Nick--even signing it over--he wins! Of course he will probably offer some to Max but who knows what will happen after Max helps him. Just a thought!

I thought it was hilarious that Nicole was concerned about teaching her child values and that she may not be the right person to do it. Then EJ "reassured" her that they would be there to teach the child values together.

Ohhhhhh! We can have a black and white film noir spoof called Dimera Family Values and have it based on Adams Family Values. Wadda ya think?

Back