Days of Our Lives - Friday, Oct 31st, 2008

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives

Friday, Oct. 31st, 2008

Episode #10,945 Taped 10/6 Director – Albert Alarr

Stephanie finds a pre-occupied Philip on the Kiriakis patio, announces “Trick or Treat”. Phil doesn’t think her costume warrants any candy, but she says she is dressed as a gal just dumped by her boyfriend. He invites her to sit down (hmm, which of them is sitting on Dan & Kate’s “love bed”, lol), while she has her pity party. She moans about Melanie, about Max, and herself, (we have heard it all before) as Phil encourages her to go talk to Max, give themselves both a chance. Later he is returning with a Halloween candy bowl, having answered the door to Trick or Treaters, then gets a call from Victor. Seems Caroline is off the hook, the cops have arrested Nicole Walker for the murder of Trent Robbins. Stephanie finds that hard to believe, she was so sure it was Melanie.

Nicole is brought into the cop shop, proclaiming her innocence, but Bo & Hope are having none of that. They rattle off the series of items they have against her, the fact she lied to them, the torn marriage certificate, the handwritten letter from Trent pointing a finger at her, the bead from her dress at the scene. She asks if they have not considered she is being set up, but both are rather nonchalant and blasé towards her. She wants out, cue EJ to come walking in, not too sure if he can arrange it. Seems the DA is wary because of her priors. What? She has none. Oh, well, it is common knowledge she shot Colin Murphy on her wedding day when she married Victor, and later tried to do him in as well. She reminds him both are alive and well, but that doesn’t matter. Bo is leaving to let Caroline know the charges against her have been dropped, & Hope is doing some paper work in the outer office. EJ follows her out, asking about Sami, which ticks Nicole off. Hope will not discuss that case with him, he returns to the office, where he & Nicole have a battle royal! She talks of how she & his baby are in trouble, & all he cares about is Sami, and boy, EJ blows up! He saw a red dot on the head of the mother of his son, and was terrified….she could have been killed and his son lost his mother. (He is yelling, mind you, very angry).. He chastises her for not thinking ahead, when she was keeping her little secrets, not telling the truth, etc. and talks of how he still wants the picket fence, the 3 of them, etc. but SHE has to consider how what she says and does affects the 3 of them. Nicole has apologized, promising to do so, and now tells him a short version of what happened that night. She argued with Trent the day before, tore up the marriage certificate, followed him to the cemetery the next night, wanting the torn pieces back, they argued, then she left and he was still alive. She asks about the white picket fence, oh, he still wants that, but Samantha is the mother of his son, will always be a part of his life, and she had better accept that. And his son or daughter will NOT be born or live in prison, but what happens to her after that is up to the courts. He walks out, with Nicole calling after him. She tries to follow, a cop stops her, she returns to the office, stopping in the doorway, holds her stomach as she murmurs she did not kill Trent. She swears she did not kill him. Tears are falling as she proclaims that it was someone else.

Sami is in 7th heaven that Hilda has fallen asleep, ahhh, peace & quiet. She smirks as she drinks her own tea, but frowns as the snoring starts. (Cracking me up!). She figures she will get Hilda out of that prone position, pushes her into a sitting one, but the snoring continues. Maybe I should say snorting. LOLOL. We see legs approaching outside the door. The doorbell rings. Sami thinks more Trick or Treaters, looks around for something to offer, but the cupboards are bare. I think she is about to give them some raisons, is about to open the door, when she sees the handle begin to rattle. Someone is trying to get in. She panics, runs to Hilda, attempting to wake her, to no avail. Outside the door, we see hands taking out a lock pick, and inserting it into the door lock. Inside Sami is frantic, telling Hilda she has to save them, then trying to find Hilda’s gun. The door opens, Sami ducks behind the sofa, a male voice says come out with your hands up. Sami cowers, but the voice demands her to come out. She gets up, and with her back to him, stands up, hands raised, begging him not to shoot her, she doesn’t want to die. She turns around, sees this truly tall, dark, and drop dead handsome stranger holding a gun on her, asks who he is. Ah, she is Samantha Brady, he recognizes her from her pictures, he is Rafe Fernandez of the FBI (holds out his I.D.) apologizes for coming in this way, but Hilda did not answer her phone. (O.K. this guy immediately puts the Salem P.D. to shame, lol). He sees Hilda, Sami claims Hilda fell asleep, was tired. He checks Hilda’s phone, notes it is on vibrate – against protocol. Sami says she turned it that way, figuring Hilda needed her beauty sleep. Rafe tries to wake Hilda, to no avail, takes out his little pencil sized flashlight, checks her eyes, comments she has been drugged. Asks Sami if Hilda ate or drank anything. Sami is getting more and more uncomfortable as she says, yeah, she thinks so. Now Rafe notes the mug, asks if this is Hilda’s, smells it, notes residue at the bottom, tastes it, comments it has been spiked, looks at Sami, who finally admits that yes, she may have put a sleeping pill in there. Rafe puts some smelling salts under Hilda’s nose, and reams Sami out for being so stupid. Sami claims Hilda just would not stop talking, that she just wanted some peace and quiet, but Rafe calls her out on being so stupid. That if he was the killer, she would be dead, and she not only put her own life in jeopardy, but someone else’s.
Now Hilda begins to come to, realizes what happened, and chews Sami out. She tells her she has stood guard over the most notorious underhanded snitches “but you, powder puff, are the world’s champ” & need to be taught a lesson. . Rafe mouths to Sami to apologize, she says she is sorry, but sorry is not enough “you bleached blonde bimbo”. :rotfl: Hilda has had enough, she is out of there, not caring if she gets desk duty for the rest of her life. Rafe protests, Hilda is out the door. (too bad, just loved her) Rafe is ready to call roman, but Sami begs him not to tell her father. She is happy Hilda is gone, Rafe scolds her, she complains about Darrell vegan, and Hilda non-stop talker, only wants a professional. He decides to just call command center, let them know about Hilda resigning, does so, and learns the bad news. He has to take her place.

Melanie comes downstairs to say hi to Max., munching on the candy corn which is out for trick or treaters (pretty small bowl, lol). She talks of how his brother tried to set her up with the letter, yada yada, but evidently whatever was in it let her off the hook. Bo comes in with the news that Ma is off the hook, and he goes to tell her. Melanie claims she has to find another place to live, tho Caroline is very sweet, Melanie doesn’t want to keep running into Bradys all the time. She figures to get a job, save her money and get her own place. Max notes Trent left her no money, so it would take a while. She asks about the box, but Max wants no part of it, cares not what is inside. She tells him Bo put it into a drawer, but Max could care less. She talks of finding someplace to live, cue Nick to walk in and offer Melanie a place to stay with him. Max frowns, but Nick assures him all is on the up and up, it is not like he has his own apt., since he lives with Maggie & Mickey. (and so would you not ask Aunt Maggie & Uncle Mickey first if it is all right???) Melanie confers with Max a bit, (giving Nick the opportunity to take a chewable pill of some kind from a prescription bottle, and I doubt it is a vitamin)s then agrees to go with Nick. As they are leaving, she forgot her purse, goes back for it, sees a knife used to slice lemons on the cutting board, picks it up, murmuring “you are a lucky little girl” as she sort of holds it point down on the cutting board.

Barb

Monday previews – EJ asking Nicole if she killed Trent
Nicole hollering at Chelsea, who does she thinks she is, has she lost her mind, and to get out
Daniel telling a sleeping Kate she needs people, her kids, him…

Monday's show will be posted late tonight, as DJM has to work, so will be doing it after she gets home.

Which means, of course, it will already be here lst thing in the morning. :)

Thanks for the write up!

Okay, I've slept, but didn't at one time Nick get his own place? Now we are back with Mick and Maggie?

Thanks for the recap.
I still feel Melamie didn't kill Trent. I can't explain why, I just feel it. Hope I'm wrong.
I'm glad Galen is finaly here and Eric is not far behind.:smile: I was a Passion fan till the very end.
Boy Sami lucked oput this time her actions could have gotten Hilda killed too. I will miss Hilda cuz I really liked her.

Thanks for the write up!

Okay, I've slept, but didn't at one time Nick get his own place? Now we are back with Mick and Maggie?

THANK YOU FOR THE RIGHT UP!! I look forward to watching it!! :) mmm... Rafe! :)

He never moved in because of Willow... she lived there until she died.. and my guess is that Nick never went back just stayed...

Good summary, thanks Barb.

Sami proved that she is an idiot...endangering both her and her unborn baby (the very baby she is lying about to EJ, claiming she wants to protect it from Stefano). She's far more dangerous to the baby than Stefano.

I don't understand why Caroline is off the hook. So what, they have new (circumstantial) evidence against Nicole. Trent's letter is meaningless. Even Philip pointed out that you can write down anyone's name and it doesn't mean they killed you. Seems to me that they have far more evidence against Caroline than Nicole. Caroline was found at the scene of the murder, with the body, holding the murder weapon. Of course we know Caroline didn't do it. But if the police are going by evidence alone, I'd say it still points to Caroline.

Actually, there is more evidence against Melanie, and I agree, Caroline should not really be "off the hook". Melanie lied, and she had the wallet, and the knife, which sort of indicates that she could be lying. Could have killed him, taken his wallet and left. Why should they believe her?
Nicole could have met up with Trent BEFORE he saw Melanie. The evidence against Nicole is so flimsy, it is unbelievable. Bo & Hope look like idiots right now. IMO

Seems fishy to me too -Bo just needs someone other than his mom to take the rap...so he found it in Nicloe - but we just need to wait a few days and the suspect will again change again after all it is the Salem police... they are not in charge of the brain there..

I am glad EJ finally told Nicole off. I was getting tired of hearing her complain about Sami. She knew how he feels about Sami and that they have a child together from the beginning.

Oh Lellybu, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm glad EJ told Nicole off also. She had that a long time coming. I was just waiting for him to fly off at the handle and he finally did.

Wow! I can't wait to watch this show tonight on soapnet. Yesterday's show was a good one too. But, I must agree with those of you on here in regards to Melanie.......I'm so sick of he whining as well.

Oh Lellybu, I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. I'm glad EJ told Nicole off also. She had that a long time coming. I was just waiting for him to fly off at the handle and he finally did.

Wow! I can't wait to watch this show tonight on soapnet. Yesterday's show was a good one too. But, I must agree with those of you on here in regards to Melanie.......I'm so sick of he whining as well.

Ha! yes thank you both! I agree to... Nicole was REALLY starting to get ridiculous.

Ha! yes thank you both! I agree to... Nicole was REALLY starting to get ridiculous.

She used to be one of the few women on Days who DIDNT whine. Then she got pregnant and started whining constantly. What happened to her backbone?

Now that I've seen the episode, I cannot believe that Bo blurts out to Max, Melanie, and Nick, the name of the suspect in an ongoing, open murder investigation. What a dunce.

When did Stephanie and Philip become best friends? She doesn't have Max to badger anymore, so now she's badgering Philip? Although in the first scene when Philip took Stephanie's hand to comfort her and said Max is a fool to let you go, I thought I saw a cartoon bubble over Stephanie's head that said "Max who?"

Then, when Philip said that he finds Melanie interesting, because she is abrasive and manipulative, I thought he was going to say, "She reminds me of my mother." LOL.

Although in the first scene when Philip took Stephanie's hand to comfort her and said Max is a fool to let you go, I thought I saw a cartoon bubble over Stephanie's head that said "Max who?"

Then, when Philip said that he finds Melanie interesting, because she is abrasive and manipulative, I thought he was going to say, "just like my mother." LOL.

Too funny!!

thank you all soooo much for the write ups!! My stupid husband deleted all of last week's show!!.. I didn't even get to see philip beating up on dr. dan.!!!!!

Back