Days of Our Lives - Friday, October 13, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
Sloan's on a phone call with Melinda regarding the adoption process. She and Eric discuss the phone call and therein, progress to a marriage license. There's a knock on the door. It's Xander.

Kate is joining Rex for breakfast, but as Kate points out, he's in a mood. Rex asks what she was thinking, going behind his back to tell Sarah to set him free? Rex says she took Kate's advice and asked him for a divorce. Kate says it's the best news she's had in ages.

Sarah is on the phone with Maggie. Apparently Maggie has the magic touch with baby Victoria as she's gotten her asleep. Sarah appreciates the free time Maggie has granted her. Off to the side of her table in the square, a woman is bent down. Sarah runs over to offer assistance and it's Susan! She's alive and well and enjoying this beautiful morning. Would Sarah like a lollipop?!

Ava is at Tripp's and gets a phone call, it's Harris. He's calling her from his new phone. He's going back to being a somewhat presentable citizen. They discuss how their first night went. Harris needs a job. Ava reminds him he saved her life, Tripp's life and helped bring Susan home. She'd call him a hero. Tripp is listening to half of this conversation.

Sarah says no thanks as EJ walks up. Sarah is confused about how Susan is back. She thought she was hallucinating from sleep deprivation. Doll-in-blanket has been keeping her up all night. Susan is so excited Sarah had a baby. Sarah needs to sit down. EJ asks if she's alright? She's been so angry at Xander, blaming him for Susan's death. Susan says now you're not angry anymore.

Xander has a meeting with his lawyer. Eric says Sloan's not your lawyer, she would have told me. Sloan says she IS his lawyer. Eric asks Xander what he did this time? Xander calls him out for jumping to conclusions and says he's the injured party this time, he's done nothing wrong, Sloan ushers Eric out the door after admitting she should have told him. Sloan tells Xander he's going to stop talking about Eric and she wants to know why he thinks she can help him win full custody?

Rex says It's not the best news, he doesn't want a divorce from Sarah and he doesn't want to turn his back on his daughter. Kate says you mean Xander's daughter. Rex says no I mean my daughter. I don't appreciate you going behind my back and telling my wife she's ruining my life. Kate was defending him. Kate says this is Xander's child, okay, do you think he's going to step aside and let you play daddy? Rex says it's not Xander's call. Kate brings up Sarah having it bad for Xander and she thinks Rex deserves more. Kate only cares about him and how he'll be hurt in the end. She wants him to agree to the divorce and let Sarah go.

Harris doesn't think most people would agree with Ava. Ava says her son is there and she has to go as she gets off the phone. Ava wants to fix him breakfast. He says he usually just does a protein shake. Ava wants to take care of him and thank him for what he did for her. She would be dead right now if he and Wendy hadn't helped her get out of the country. Wendy has a job interview so she's not home for this breakfast. Tripp is in love with Wendy. Ava is happy for him. Tripp asks how serious it is between Ava and Harris?

Eric comes from behind the bar, pouring coffee for himself. Harris introduces himself to Eric. He found pictures in the room upstairs and brought them down for Eric.

EJ is explaining to Susan that of course Sarah is still upset. Sarah says Xander isn't a murderer. Susan tells EJ to soft pedal his judgment. Sarah tells Susan she's thrilled she's alive but she needs to get back to her baby. She'll tell Maggie the good news. Susan tells EJ that Sarah seemed hit hard when she found out Xander hadn't killed her.

Sloan says when he first hired her, Xander only wanted parental rights and now he wants full custody. Eric's not the only one who remembers what he's done. Sarah's a loving mother, a doctor, a pillar of the community. Xander brings up how Sarah can't call him a murderer in open court. Sloan tries to explain how taking the newborn away from Sarah will be hard. Xander says not if she's an unfit mother, she lied to me, she put another man's name on the birth certificate, and it's not the first time, she did the same thing to Eric. Only a monster would keep a child from their father.

Back to Ava and Tripp. There's nothing between Ava and Harris but friendship. Tripp knows Harris risked his own life to help her. Tripp is worried about the intense things they've been through together. Ava says they bonded.

Harris assumed the pictures were Eric's daughter, but they were of Rachel. Harris explains to Eric he's in treatment with Marlena. They discuss Harris having grown up in Salem. Harris is trying to start over and figure out who he is and who he wants to be.

Sloan says Eric did mention something about that to her. He was vague, how exactly did Sarah keep him from his daughter? Xander gives her vague answers too and doesn't say he was the guy she named as the father. Sloan says she doesn't know what to think about Sarah but this history would give them a good play in court, especially if they draw a male judge. Xander wants Sloan to go for the jugular.

Rex says it's not a question of him letting her go. Kate says that's exactly what it is. They argue over his feelings for Sarah. He tells Kate she's not helping. Kate wants to know that he accepts the fact Sarah will never feel for Rex what he feels for her. Sarah has popped in and is overhearing this part of the conversation. Rex notices Sarah is there. Kate starts in on Sarah. Rex tells her to leave. Kate leaves.

Rex apologizes for his mother. Sarah says Kate has a point. Sarah says you'll never guess who I saw in the square, Susan Banks. I'm the last person in Salem to know she's back and not dead. Rex did see that news and was going to tell her. He asks what her reaction was? She realizes that gives Xander more of a leg to stand on in court. Rex asks if that changed her mind about the divorce? She says no. She thinks Kate is right, she thinks they all need to move on.

Susan says you could see Sarah's eyes light up when she realized Xander was innocent. EJ says Xander Cook is not innocent. As you were one of his victims you should know that better than anyone. Susan tells him he is going to leave Ava and Xander alone. Xander felt really bad for kidnapping her and treated her real nice. EJ says oh well that makes a difference. Susan doesn't like it when he gets sarcastic with her, it makes her suspicious. She wants him to swear to not harm a single hair on either of their heads. EJ says he wouldn't dream of it.

Eric says he's not the only one trying to figure things out. Harris mentions looking for a job. Eric says Roman was needing help. Harris says he hired a 16 year old kid, grandson, maybe. Eric says great-nephew actually (Tate). Harris says he'll never get the Brady family tree straight. Eric says that makes two of us. Kate arrives and tells them both good morning. She brings up Dimitri's arrest and Vivian's shooting of him.

Eric says too bad they didn't arrest her before she skipped town. Kate tells Harris he should go down and apply for a job. Harris says the police station? Kate asks why not? He says because I was just in a mental institution. Kate says you saved Susan Banks. Unlike the incompetent people at that police station, he actually gets things done. (She's not wrong)

Susan says you better be telling me the truth, because she won't be there to keep an eye on him. She's going home to Memphis.

Rex is going to go back to Chicago, she can send the divorce papers there. Sarah's sorry. Rex doesn't want to drag things out. He just hopes she's not going to get taken in by Xander again.

Xander asks Sloan if she thinks he could win full custody? She says she'll be honest, it will be an uphill battle. She tells him if you can't see yourself co-parenting. Xander says he can't. Not after what Sarah did, not if she stays married to Rex. A woman like that doesn't deserve a second chance after lying to a man she loves like that. Sloan is shocked (and feeling even more guilty, methinks).

Tripp asks if Ava has big plans today while he's at work? Ava isn't sure. Ava wants Tripp to stop worrying, Harris is a different person now. Ava wants to believe she's a different person too.

Eric says if there's anything he can do for Harris, to let him know. Harris goes to talk to Kate. She teases him about being a mall security guard. She thinks he should go to the station. Jada is the only competent detective on the force. Has he met his neighbor yet?

Rex says this is goodbye. Sarah says not forever. He's going to pack and say goodbye to Victoria. He tells her to be happy. She says you too.

EJ tells Susan she can't leave, he just got her back. She has a husband waiting for her in Memphis. They discuss Edmund and are trying to figure out who handed Susan to him.

Xander comes in and tells Sarah he wants to see his daughter. She tells him Rex is upstairs with her and would Xander please give him time to say goodbye? Sarah tells him about divorcing Rex and Rex leaving. Xander asks why? She says because of you.

Tripp tells Ava he's off and to call him if she needs anything. She asks him what he wants for dinner and he tells her to surprise him. There's a knock at the door on his way out, it's Harris. Tripp tells Harris Ava's been through hell more than once. Ava tells Tripp to get to work. Harris says he gets that Tripp was being protective. Ava says yeah and he knows I've been known to get obsessive about a guy and get real stupid. Harris says they might have that in common. That's why he waited too long to tell Hope that her husband was alive. They kiss. (Because, of course)

Marlena is visiting with Kate. Harris had texted her to say he was happy to be at the pub and everyone had been welcoming and kind. Marlena came to check in with Kate to see how she's feeling about Philip. Kate says she's accepted it is Philip's decision and she's trying to be okay with it. Rex pops in and tells Kate he was leaving town. Kate says he doesn't have to leave town. This is hard on her. Rex teases her about Philip living his own life.

Eric arrives back home. He brought Sloan a scone as a peace offering. He needs to respect her judgment but Xander pushes buttons with him. Sloan says Xander told her something she didn't know, that Sarah kept him from his child. Eric says that's not something he likes to revisit. He understands why she did what she did, but It's not easy to forget the pain she not only caused him but everyone.

Xander says you asked Rex for a divorce because of me? Sarah says she realized Xander would make her life hell as long as she was with Rex. He wasn't expecting that. Sarah says she wasn't expecting to run into Susan Banks. Sarah says she never thought Xander was a horrible person, but with everything that happened, what she thought happened, she was scared to let him back in to her life. But here he is.

EJ says he sat at the cliffside long after her crash but he didn't see anyone. Susan says that doesn't solve the mystery of who took her to Edmund Crumb. She doesn't want EJ to drive himself crazy. EJ wants to know who it was that did that?

We see someone holding up an iPad with the news article. It's a man, but no face is shown.

Thanks Kris.

Sarah was really odd today. I mean, sleep deprivation?? She's a doctor and she was wandering around town as flaky as that. Really??

Kate was also on my last nerve today. She's a nightmare mother. Who acts like that?? Yesterday with Philip and today with Rex. I'm surprised they weren't more unkind towards her.

Sorry fired guy, I'd rather have Shawn as a police officer with his wife than Harris and his trollop.

Thanks, Kris.

Xander found EJ's dippity doo.

I hope Harris won't get Shawn's job.

Rex is going home to Chicago, and Susan back to Memphis.

Will Sarah let Xander see Victoria since she knows he didn't kill Susan?

Do Ava and Harris have to be a couple, especially when so many other people are
leaving Salem?

Sloan ushers Eric out the door after admitting she should have told him
Isn't this kind of a violation of something?
EJ says Xander Cook is not innocent.
Pot, kettle.
Xander Cook is not innocent. As you were one of his victims you should know that better than anyone.
Let me guess - this is leading up to the new golden couple, Xander and Susan...!!!

Back