Days of Our Lives - Friday, October 20, 2023

Kris10

Reaction score
Theresa and Alex. She surprised him and brought him a gift.

Sarah is talking to Justin about the nightmare of Xander's custody filing. She tells Justin they have to stop him, please tell her they can stop him.

Xander, meanwhile, arrives at Sloan's. She tells him they don't have an appointment and he can't just show up whenever he wants. Xander says "You took my case, you took my money and you told me you'd be available to me anytime I need, so give it to me straight, counselor, do I have a chance of winning full custody of my daughter or not?"

Nicole is at the hospital and Eric happens to be waiting to visit a friend. She's waiting for a prescription. They decide to wait together. She moves to sit by him.

Maggie and Konstantin are at the K-Mansion, in the living room. She had given him a tour. Konstantin is being way too nice to Maggie, in my opinion.

Xander tells Sloan he had never seen Sarah so upset. Sloan says what did you expect, you are trying to take her baby from her? Xander says it is his baby too and asks who's side she's on? She's on his as long as his checks don't bounce. But they don't call it a custody battle for no reason. He's going to have to stop caring about Sarah being mad. Did Sarah care about his feelings when she lied about who the daddy was? Xander thanks her for the reminder. She reminds him that his goal is to have full custody of Victoria and her goal is to make sure that happens.

Justin is meanwhile telling Sarah she has a lot going in her favor, an excellent reputation as a doctor, she grew up in Salem and comes from a good family. Xander is an outsider with a criminal record and Justin will be sure to let the judge know all about his past. Sarah says is that it, then? We'll win. Justin tells her that they need to anticipate what Xander and Sloan may use against her. Sarah seems confused, like there's nothing she can think of that could be used against her and asks "like what?" Justin says for starters this isn't the first time you've lied about a child's paternity.

Steve and Roman are talking about Tate working at the pub. Steve thinks the kid sounds like a real piece of work. Roman says he takes a lot after his mother. Steve tells Roman that Theresa will be staying in town. Roman knows, she wanted the room that he rented to Harris. Roman says Theresa has a gift for landing on her feet.

Theresa bought Alex dishes. Using paper plates is not civilized and he'd told her he was using them at dinner. She tells him he's too busy as CEO to buy his own.

Nicole talks to Eric about the adoption process. He says it's going well and tells her Melinda is his lawyer for the adoption, as she and Sloan have gotten friendly. Nicole says they have a lot in common. Melinda is starting her own private practice. Nicole says she's happy for them and hopefully he'll get to be the father he's always wanted.

Sloan tells Xander he'll have to be as underhanded and scrupulous as Sarah was before he found out the truth. Xander asks what their plan is? Sloan says it's simple, they just have to illustrate to the courts that Sarah is a pathological liar and mentally unstable. Xander says the last part wasn't really her fault. Sloan says she's done her research and she knows how Sarah was behaving then. She tells Xander he can't make excuses for Sarah now if he wants custody.

Sarah wants to know how the court can hold it against her that she lied about Mackenzie's paternity. Justin says the problem was when she led Eric to believe Xander was the father and the court could view that as depriving a father of his rights. Sarah says she knows she made a mistake with Victoria by choosing to marry Rex and pass her off as his but she thought she was protecting her and she's seen the error of her ways. Rex and she are divorcing, doesn't that show contrition? Justin says it does, but Sloan may try to spin it as too little, too late.

Sarah says of course she will. Justin says there's something else, her mental health issues. Sarah says she has none and the ones in the past were because she was drugged. Justin says Sloan could still use them against her. Sarah says she won't succeed because despite how angry Xander is, he does have a conscience as far as she is concerned. He knows what Kristen and Gwen put her through and it broke his heart and she is sure he won't use it against her.

Nicole asks if Trask mentioned how long the adoption process would take? Eric says there isn't a way to really know. They are not going through an agency so they'll start interviewing birth parents. Nicole asks if they could use a surrogate? Eric has thought of it, but passing on his genes is not as important as passing on his love. Nicole says she gets it. Eric says he had accepted that having a child was not in his cards.

Sloan asks if he's absolutely sure the drugs aren't still in Sarah's system? Xander says the hospital seems sure since they hired her back. Sloan says but she is Tom Horton's granddaughter. Xander hates slandering Sarah for something that wasn't her fault and she'd never harm her child. Sloan says what happens if the drugs activate in her again? Xander is trying to defend her further. Sloan tells him he isn't sounding like a father that wants full custody of his child. She's willing to do what it takes to win him custody, but he has to decide if he wants to do it.

Justin tells Sarah he understands why she wants to believe there are lines Xander won't cross but custody battles tend to bring out the worst in people. Sarah says this was all set in motion because I didn't tell Xander I was pregnant. Justin tries to excuse her decision by bringing up his kidnapping of Bonnie. Justin says it's his job to convince the judge that she did what she did to protect her child. Sarah's got to get back home to check on the baby. Justin will see her there.

Maggie needs to talk to Henderson or they won't have dinner. Konstantin tells her to have Henderson give cook the night off, he'll cook dinner. Maggie says he's her guest. Konstantin wants to make the same dinner for Maggie tonight he used to make Victor.

Alex is singing praises of the food from Julie's Place. Theresa asks how he's adjusting to being Victor's son? Alex says it's been surreal and hard to process. Mainly because his dad, Justin, is a great guy and it's sad for both of them that he wasn't really his dad. Alex also wishes Victor was around to do some explaining. He asks Theresa what is going on in her world? She's enjoying his company, and is happy to be home in Salem and her son is there. She wishes she was calmer about where she was going to live, does he have any ideas?

Alex says you aren't happy at the Salem Inn? Theresa says they get upset when you can't afford their rates. Alex says I thought you were some big fashion designer. Theresa says business isn't exactly booming and the money she saved she put in an investment bank and that went under. Alex is sorry to hear that. She talks about not being able to stay with Tate at Marlena's, and Uncle Roman doesn't have a room because of Harris. And Aunt Kayla can't let her stay because of Steve not being fond of her. Alex tells her to forget all of them and move in with him. (which obviously was her plan all along).

Maggie and Sarah hug. Sarah tells her about Xander suing for full custody of the baby. Maggie is going to call to try to talk sense into him. Sarah tells her not to because he might be able to use it in court. Maggie says she's so sorry, Sarah says you told me not to lie to him and I didn't listen so this is my fault and I've made a mess of things.

Maggie says you did what you thought was right and Justin is a wonderful lawyer and he cares about you, he'll see that you won't lose the baby. Maggie introduces Sarah to Konstantin. He's made enough dinner for the Greek army. Sarah agrees to stay but she's going to check on the baby first.

Sloan tells Xander she wants to know tonight, he's either all in or she's out and will give him back his money. There's a knock at the door, it's Melinda. Sloan tells her they were starting to get worried. Trask looks at Xander and says "We?" Sloan says not Xander, he's a client. Trask's flight was delayed so she came straight from the airport. Sloan tells Xander she needs to talk to Melinda alone to think about what she told him and get back to her but not to take too long. Xander says he'll think about it and leaves. Melinda asks what his problem is. Sloan says never mind.

Sloan is going to call Eric so he can hear what she has to say too, but Melinda tells her not to. That they've hit a snag. Sloan asks what kind of snag. Melinda says put simply securing a private adoption for you and Eric could be problematic. Sloan asks why? Melinda says remember that messy situation between you and Paulina and Chanel? Sloan says it wasn't messy. Trask reminds her about covering for her brother and defended him.

Sloan says he deserved a defense. Melinda says the adoption lawyers she spoke to were worried because in her defense of her brother and in her own actions she seemed to be condoning his actions. They were concerned about what role a man like Colin would play in her child's life. Sloan says Colin is in prison. He won't be in her child's life. Sloan tells Melinda she has to help them get a baby, Eric is desperate to be a father and Sloan has to be the one to give that to him.

A nurse brings Nicole her prescription, Nicole asks about the genetic evaluation they did and she lost her copy, can she get another one? The nurse says absolutely then asks Eric if she should make a hard copy for him as well. He says no, they are just friends, he's not the father.

Roman says Eric is excited about him and Sloan adopting a baby. Steve says but you still have a bad feeling. Roman says yes, but what can I do? Kayla comes in and she needs a glass of wine, no make it a vodka on the rocks. Roman says coming right up. Kayla tells Steve about being handcuffed to the hospital bed. Roman brings her drink and Steve tells Roman about Dimitri. Kayla insists she's fine. She tells them to the let the police handle it. She wants them to stay there and have a drink with her. She wants to forget about this day. Steve's gonna make Dimitri regret laying a hand on her.

Theresa plays at declining his offer and hopes he didn't think she was hinting at staying with him. He doesn't, he might like having her as a roommate. He knows what happened between them in Greece was probably a bad idea, so they can take a step back and start over. She then agrees to be his new roomie. She's leaving to get her things.

Sarah tells Konstantin it was a lovely dinner. Maggie says she hasn't had baklava since Victor left for Greece. He's decided to walk around the city to burn off the dinner. Maggie offers to go with him, but he declines.

The nurse leaves to print the DNA report. They laugh about it being awkward and how they once thought Eric was the father. Eric's going to go check on his friend. They say goodbye.

Melinda tells Sloan to calm down. Sloan tells her she doesn't get it. Melinda says what Eric doesn't know won't hurt him and she doctored the results so good that Nicole believes she is carrying EJ's baby. Melinda will do whatever it takes to get her and Eric a baby. Melinda leaves. Sloan tells her to keep her posted.

Eric arrives back home (man that was a quick visit) and Sloan tells him he missed Melinda. She was too tired to wait for him. Eric asks what she told her? Sloan lies and says everything is looking good, all smooth sailing and they'll be parents soon.

Nicole tells the nurse that took a awhile. The nurse says she wanted to be sure she had the entire report . She did, so she handed it to Nicole.

Xander runs into Justin near the Bistro and Xander says my favorite cousin. Justin tells him to keep walking. Xander says without thanking you for telling me Sarah's baby was mine? Oh wait, I can't do that because you kept your bloody mouth shut didn't you? Justin says both he and Bonnie thought it was Sarah's place to tell him and they both told her that. Justin tells him Sarah regrets not telling him and she's a wreck. Xander says she's a wreck? I'm the one she dumped, divorced and lied to about my baby for months. Do you know how that feels? Justin says he does.

Alex's mother lied to him when she knew all along Victor was his father. At least he found out the truth about Victoria when she was a baby. Alex is an adult. He has Victoria's whole life to do right by her. Xander says yeah well we both know what you mean by that, every other weekend until Sarah decides not even that. Justin tells him both he and Sarah need to stuff their anger away and put Victoria's interest first. Justin leaves. Xander calls and tells Sloan to do whatever she has to so he can bring his little girl home with him.

Sarah is glad to see Maggie enjoying herself. Maggie says Konstantin being around makes her feel closer to Victor. Maggie says she'd smile more if Sarah wasn't so stressed. Sarah says it will all work out. Maggie tells her to get some rest. Sarah says she will.

Alex is talking to himself while carrying out a blanket and pillows. "Extra blankets. Extra pillows. And Theresa Donovan in the second bedroom." He really hopes it isn't a bad idea.

Theresa meanwhile is in her room when there's a knock at the door and it's Konstantin. She told him to stay put in Greece until he heard from her. What the hell is he doing there?

Why can't Sarah and Xander do what is truly the best for Victoria and share custody? I really don't want to watch a custody battle.

Well guess Nicole is going to find out now that Eric is her baby's father. Unless he mentions to Sloan that he ran into Nicole and she was getting another copy and Sloan mugs her.

Theresa, Theresa (still like original better) what are you up to? She sure is manipulative. Got moved in with Alex pretty quick. And what is she doing with Konstantin? Was he actually Victor's friend?

Konstantin is in league with Theresa. How will this play out?

That report should show Ejerk is not the father.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Sarah is so sleep deprived, I understand, I had two kids. But she's out meeting with her attorney for a bit. Grandma Maggie is out showing Konstantin the sleepy little hamlet of Salem. Victoria didn't appear to be with either of them. She's not quite old enough to be left alone, YET. Perhaps a nanny? So why is Sarah so deprived? Beyond the obvious, bad writing.

Theresa is great at picking out plates??? Grey/green plates. What food looks good on those plates? No bowls? Does Caveman Alex just pour milk in the box and eat?

I don't think Nicole will open the envelope of pending doom, she just wants it for the baby book or when EJ finds it and reads it, figuring that Nicole gave him a doctored copy and felt she could pull one over on him. This writes itself.

Thank you kris for writing up this episode.

Eric says he had accepted that having a child was not in his cards.

Well he was close to being a dad to Holly but he dumped right out of her life in a hot second. Of course the whole "sorry I killed your dad" thing didn't help there. And I think he's actually even more annoying than Sami with his acting like being a priest is some hobby you pick up whenever you're bored.

And since I'm not watching I just realized I didn't know what Konstantin looked like so I looked it up and what an awesome guy to have on the show. Are they giving him any funny lines? He's a good comedic actor. I fear they're writing horribly for him but Victor used to get good lines so I hope they're using him in all of his abilities.

So Konstantin is dirty. Big surprise.

Viewers who haven’t watched in a while could be excused for wondering why “Gwen” was dining with “Ben.”

Xander should think twice about playing hard ball in the Baby Victoria case. Those who shoot for the moon could land in the pig pen.

If Sloan is looking for dirt to use against Sarah, she should consider her past badmouthing of Victor who is now something of a secular saint. She also could use Sarah’s utter lack of style as exemplified by her sweater/slip combo.

Why did Nicole go to the hospital to get a prescription? Doesn’t Salem have any pharmacies, just as it doesn’t seem to have everything from gas stations to bowling alleys?

Thanks, Kris.

At least, this episode was a little better than some this week.

So, Theresa and Konstantin are working together. How much of the will was changed and is Alex really Victor's son?

Nice to see Steve and Kayla together.

Will Sloan tell Eric the truth about maybe not able to adopt a baby?

I thought it was odd Eric and Nicole had their backs to the camera and turned faces toward each other.

Alex mentioned Julie's Place.

And he said she (Sarah) was the granddaughter of Dr. Tom Horton. That gave me pause. She isn't really. Is Mickey listed as her father????
Maggie was a surrogate mother (using her own egg) to have Sarah for Dr. Evan Whyland. At the time, she said she wanted to know what it was like to carry a child and give birth, since Mickey was sterile.

After she had Sarah, she realized she couldn't give up the baby. She and Mickey decided to fight for custody of Sarah. Evan came to realize the baby would be better off with a mother and father, instead of just him as a single father, so he gave up his parental rights. Mickey then became Sarah's legal father.

Later, when Sarah was a teen, the writers did a rewrite and said that since Evan was such a bad guy, Neil Curtis substituted his own sperm for Evan's during the in vitro process and that he was Sarah's biological father.

@redsquirrel, She also has postpartum disorder. Xander is pretending he never helped Sarah to keep Mackenzie from Eric and he kept Rachel from Brady for a year. He is just as guilty as Sarah and if Sloan knew he was involved, she wouldn't take the case.

Guess Victoria is a night owl, and needs lots of attention then from Mommy. Ha. Maybe Sarah is depressed from lack of sleep? Hey, the writers just make it up as they go along.

Back