Days of Our Lives - Friday, October 20, 2023

I’m really just not feeling Emily O’Brien as Theresa. Maybe it would have been different if Jen Lilley hadn’t just been on, or if they had given a few weeks between Gwen leaving and her coming back. Or maybe it’s the fact that we know she’s using an American accent and I keep listening for her to fall out of it, but it’s just not working.

If they wanted to keep the actress, here’s a thought, write a better story for her! They could have had Dimitri and Leo follow her to Alamainia and had a whole story about the inheritance. They said that’s where Vivian was going as well. Could have gotten her involved too.

Also has anyone worked at all this week? Except the Pub, hospital, and police station, I don’t think we’ve seen anyone in a DiMera office, at Basic Black, the Spectator, or Sweet Bits. Alex mentioned Julie’s Place, but when was the last time someone went there?

Emily O"Brien (Gwen/Theresa) has lived in U.S. since she was nine years old. and normally speaks just like any other American. She can do her excellent British accent when it is called for in the script. Same as some actors adopt an Italian, or German or Irish accent, when the script calls for it.

I don’t think we’ve seen anyone in a DiMera office, at Basic Black, the Spectator, or Sweet Bits. Alex mentioned Julie’s Place, but when was the last time someone went there?
Heck, I'm pretty sure Chez Rouge has been turned into a Spirit Halloween store by now. :rotfl:

Emily O"Brien (Gwen/Theresa) has lived in U.S. since she was nine years old. and normally speaks just like any other American. She can do her excellent British accent when it is called for in the script. Same as some actors adopt an Italian, or German or Irish accent, when the script calls for it.
She had me fooled then because I thought it was the other way around! Her British accent was spot on!

Thanks for the write-up. Gonna be getting caught up soon. But this show sounds like an absolute bore, with more nonsensical storylines to come soon.

Back