Days of Our Lives - Friday, Sept. 5th 2008

Poirot already has tomorrows episode in the Days Ahead forum. Thank you anyway.

Poirot already has tomorrows episode in the Days Ahead forum. Thank you anyway.

Huh? I don't see any posts in the Days Ahead section for tomorrow.

But then again, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Days of Our Lives

Friday, September 05, 2008

Episode #10,905 Director - Noel Maxam

The Brady Pub is a hub of activity today, as the Salemites meet, greet, gab, & get mad. Too bad no one orders any food, lol. Lucas comes in with Chloe, happy to be moved out of the DiMera mansion. Chloe clucks some sympathy for him having to live in the same place with EJ, Sami, and then John, to boot. Kate joins them, all raring to do another of her Mommy Dearest bits, warning Lucas about getting involved with Chloe, while she is coughing up a storm. Chloe gets her some water, Lucas tells her to back off, Chloe returns, decides to take a hike, cuz she is not going to listen to Kate trashing her. Lucas understands, asks her to contact Maggie for the keys to the boat and the boathouse. Kate now reminds Lucas he is in a custody battle, the judge will consider who he surrounds himself with, talking of how Chloe turned Brady into a drug addict, and used his brother Philip. Lucas denies it, but Kate insists Chloe is not mother material. Lucas retorts “neither were you”. Kate does her “only want what is best for my children” routine.

EJ arrives, joining Sami who is sitting at a table (no one is in a booth, wonder if those are now gone??) telling her he just came from the courthouse, the custody hearing is being held right now. Sami is all ready to rush over, no need, judge is satisfied with the deposition tapes both she & Lucas made. He wants to talk now about the stairwell, Sami thinks they already have.they were open & honest about their feelings. A few moments there does not count, sez EJ. Time has passed, did you mean everything you said. Sami says she did. Sami is worried about losing Allie, EJ asks if she is afraid of losing Lucas, too. She says she has a lot of regrets, but losing Lucas is beyond her control. EJ comments that Lucas seems to be moving on, Sami takes a look at his table, says it is a big mistake to do it with Chloe.

Chloe meets Maggie in the park by the sandbox, (Note to wardrobe. If it is so warm/hot that Chloe, Nicole, Sami are all in sleeveless or halter tops, why are Maggie & Kate, in pant suits with jackets – the men are in suits because of work, I guess, except for Lucas) gets the keys, and they have a rather nice one on one. They talk of Lucas, of whether he is someone Chloe is using on the rebound. Maggie says she has been there, done that, tells of falling in love with Don Craig (when she thought Mickey was dead…Stefano’s doing) & how even when she learned Mickey was alive, she thought her love for Don was bigger, & she was wrong. But by then she had already divorced Mickey. She asks Chloe if she is past Brady herself, and if she thinks Lucas is really over Sami. She also reminds Chloe that Lucas is fighting for custody of Allie, and this could make a difference in their relationship, asking if she is ready to deal with Lucas perhaps being a single parent. As Maggie leaves, Nicole comes up – claiming to be taking her Pookie for a walk. LOL, as she hired a dog walker cuz she doesn’t poopy scoop. When Nicole hears Maggie was giving Chloe relationship advice, she hauls her off to the Pub for a drink.

At the hospital, Lexie runs into Daniel, who realizes she is upset, offers his shoulder & ears. Lexie is reluctant, but manages to blurt out Theo in therapy, having problems with Abe, the hospital board is on her case about the events during the lockdown. Daniels offers a comforting hug, as Abe comes around the corner. He is early, thought he & Lexie could have a coffee before their appointment. Sure. Before Daniel can leave, Abe tells him to stay away from his wife. Lexie protests they are friends, Abe says then to keep it on a professional level. Daniel leaves, Lexie wonders what is up, Abe thinks they are more than “just friends”. Lexie can’t believe he thinks she is having an affair, Abe retorts, why not. Brandon, Tek!!!! Lexie is hurt, thinking they were all past that. Evidently not.
Later, they are in a counseling session with Dr. Carrington, Lexie brings up Abe’s suspicions, Abe defends by talking of how distant she has become, Dr. Carrington says they have talked of Lexie’s infidelities before, but perhaps should again. Lexie gets mad, she has lost her little boy, and now is accused of an affair. Dr. Carrington seizes on that remark, about losing her boy, Lexie tells of her daydream yesterday, and how frustrated she is not to have a normal son, breaking down into tears. The doctor leaves the two of them alone, Abe comforts Lexie, assuring her she is a good mother, and is sorry if he ever said anything to make her think otherwise.

Hope has run into Daniel in the hall, wanting to know what happened between him & Chelsea to cause her to go to France. (Now there is someone who takes the responsibility of her job seriously – NOT) Daniel more or less tells her that it is personal, obviously Chelsea did not tell her, and he won’t either. It is between the two of them, they will try to work it out.

Mickey has arrived, tells EJ & Sami the judge should be making a decision any time. He goes to tell Lucas, who is still arguing with Kate, who wonders why Lucas has a different lawyer, Ken Matthews. Lucas explains that EJ is Sami’s lawyer, works for Mickey, so Mickey cannot be Lucas’s attorney, conflict of interest. Mickey tells Lucas the judge is reviewing the case now, Sami comes over, Mickey gets a call from Maggie, tells Lucas Chloe has the keys, etc. & now Sami lights into him about taking Chloe to the Horton cabin, they have only dated just a couple weeks, yada, yada. Mickey takes Kate aside to talk about her company. Evidently she has plans to expand Hearth & Home, wants to be sure the by-laws will allow for it, Mickey has a friend he will bring in to consult on this. Meanwhile, Sami is ranting to Lucas that if he gets visitation (IF???) she doesn’t want Chloe anywhere near Allie. Lucas is telling Sami that Chloe just may be Allie’s stepmother in the future, as Nicole & Chloe walk in, to overhear. Doesn’t set well with Chloe at all. The two gals sit at the bar, drink martinis, and mull over the idea of Chloe being a mother to Allie. She is not ready for that. Lucas comes up, Nicole gets lost, Chloe tells Lucas she is not coming to the Horton cabin. He should spend time alone with his daughter, especially since he has been away from her so much.

Nicole joins EJ who has returned, asking him if he wants to “talk about it”. Yep, how he cannot get her out of his system. He is kissing her hand, telling her things are complicated. Samantha is important part of his life, mother of his child. Nicole likes him a lot, but is losing her patience, he had better make up his mind and sooner, not later. She leaves his table, goes to her own.

Mickey strides over, calling Lucas’s name. Sami, EJ, Lucas, Chloe….even Kate stand together, waiting expectantly. The judge has made his decision. He has awarded joint custody. Nicole smiles. Camera on Sami, as she says, No…..No, there is no way in hell I am agreeing to that.

Barb

Come back later this afternoon, or over the weekend. DJM is gonna have the Monday show for you. :)

Oh boy, this twin thing is gonna get messy!

Thanks for TODAY in Salem. It is still great to read Barb even if it is the same day...especially when you have to work!

Thanks for the summary Poirot. I bet the look on Sami's face was priceless. I did not get to see the show yesterday. My VCR ran out of tape.

Thanks, Poirot! I can't believe they mentioned Don Craig! I remember Julie and Maggie mentioning him a few years back. If they really need a lawyer who isn't related to anyone they could bring him back from the mailbox...
This custody storyline is going to get on my nerves. All custody stories do (they always upset me for some reason), but if Sami is going to be gungho for joint custody one day and devasted about it the next, I might need to punch her in the face.

OK, I must say that I am loving the TODAY in Salem. I work and never get to watch Days, so it doesn't matter to me if it is todays, yesterdays or tomorow. I am home today because my son is sick and got to watch the show. I am not missing much by not getting to watch, it is much better to read it here. Much better. You wade through the BS and make it in great summeries. Thank you very much for all that you do and for adapting it to Today instead of Days ahead.

Very emotional about Lexi, I feel for her as a mother and a wife. Makes you sit back and wonder how things would be handeled if it happened to you. And I am sure that is how it would go in our house, blame it on the ones you love because that would maybe be easier.

LOL, well, Friday eppy is UP.......NOW.

Most old people don't want to be seen in sleeveless clothing. :smile:
LOL, too true!!! :clap: But a light blouse would do, or a top with 3/4 sleeves perhaps. These gals are wearing long sleeve blouses and jackets over them.
Wardrobe does need to think a bit.

Sami: "No…..No, there is no way in hell I am agreeing to that."

I don't think you really have a choice in the matter, sweetpea. :)

Sorry but I simply do NOT get why Sami would have a problem with this. She claims to love Lucas, has always said he's a good father... why would she have a problem with it? Heck she didn't even seem to want him to have visitation rights!

Sami: "No…..No, there is no way in hell I am agreeing to that."

I don't think you really have a choice in the matter, sweetpea. :)

Sorry but I simply do NOT get why Sami would have a problem with this. She claims to love Lucas, has always said he's a good father... why would she have a problem with it? Heck she didn't even seem to want him to have visitation rights!

Uh... 'cuz she's Sami! Do we need a better reason?

Honestly, I wish the writers would make up their mind with her character. You almost need a neck brace from the whiplash you get watching her change her mind and attitude.

Many thanks!!

Barb, I usually forget to thank you for all your efforts, but please know that they are greatly appreciated, and you do such a wonderful job of it.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Uh... 'cuz she's Sami! Do we need a better reason?

Honestly, I wish the writers would make up their mind with her character. You almost need a neck brace from the whiplash you get watching her change her mind and attitude.

Oh I know. It just drives me nuts sometimes.

Who can blame Lucas for dumping her!? And why the heck is EJ still trying to keep hold of her. I mean if Lucas can figure it out why can't EJ? RUN, EJ! RUN!

The funny thing to me watching this episode was....EJ was saying Sami's lines of the past. Sami, did you mean what you said under the stairwell? Nicole, I felt like I was cheating on you when I was under the stairwell. Nicole, I cannot get you out of my system, I have feelings for you. But Sami is the mother of my child, will always be a part of my life.

Sami says those same things to both EJ and Lucas about each other.

Back