Days of Our Lives - Mon., 3/23/20

Just Samantha

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quick summary on what I saw:

Steveano keeps trying to schmooze Marlena. She's awake after her headache, he calls her his queen, she calls him her king. :sick: He shows her the Queen of the Night cactus has bloomed and they talk of how glorious it is (just a yellow flower on it, nothing to write home about). They dance and he tells her he removed 2 people from their party list, Gabi and Kate. Marlena is shocked, mentions that Gabi was his son's wife and Kate was his own beloved wife. He talks of blackmailing Kate into marriage over her attempt on Daniel's life, then later talks of her betraying him with Ian McAllister. But Marlena says how he truly loved Kate. Nope, not budging. He tries to kiss her, but she deflects. Makes me wonder if Rolf's procedure didn't work at all and she's just playing him?

Kate wakes up in the tunnel "dungeon" room and manages to rouse Gabi. Somehow Kate had the note Steveano gave to Chad and she reads it Gabi. They talk about how strange all of this is.

Chad's coming in from the tunnels when Abby sees him, asks why he was down there (earlier, she teased him about having a tramp stashed somewhere, he jokes and says he has 2 stashed; Abby thinks it's funny). He says he was in the tunnel to deal with rats. Abby is freaked out, says they need to get an exterminator. He keeps talking about handling the rats in the tunnel.

Evan has a burner phone and is talking to Orpheus about David's fever. Lani and Eli are doing a poor job of watching him, as Evan is aware of their surveillance. Rafe tells Sonny that Evan is Orpheus' son. Sonny is stunned. Later, Sonny runs into Evan in the square and talks to him. Evan slips and mentions David's fever. Sonny talks to him, father-to-father, about getting proper medical care for David. He must've talked sense into Evan, because later we see Orpheus playing hide-and-go-seek with David in the motel room. Evan enters the motel room, Orpheus chastises him for coming, as he was probably being followed. Evan scoops up David, tells him how much he loves him and always will, then opens the motel room door to Rafe and Eli, guns drawn. Evan hands David back to a relieved Rafe while Eli holds his gun on Orpheus.

Thanks, Just Samantha. The show aired here but I haven't watched except for seeing bits and pieces with it on mute, while I went about my business. Just seeing Steve-ano and Marlena turned my stomach. (Hey, maybe that's my problem and not the icky tasting canned soup I ate for lunch). I'm really hoping you are right and that Marlena is playing him!

Sonny: He actually convinced Evan to turn over David, and in record time. He must be very convincing. Since he has nothing else to do, he might want to start a new career persuading would-be suicides from jumping off the top of Salem City Hall or throwing themselves in the polluted Salem Harbor.

Kate: So she's ended up in the DiMansion dungeon yet again. After she gets out, she might want to consider secreting some tools that she could use to break out when she inevitably ends of imprisoned there again.

Chad: He told Abby that the DiMansion had rats. This would have been a far better scene of the real Stefano (Joseph Mascolo) had been given such lines. Hearing him roll his r's as he angrily said "rats" would have been a real episode highlight.

Steve-ano: Instead of raving to Marlena about his cactus, it would have been far more entertaining if he had explained to Marlena that since Maison Blanche II was built according the original's blueprints, the new version has no running water, indoor plumbing, central heating, or electricity, but that it does have a fine wood-burning stove, an icebox whose contents are chilled with the finest ice, and that his Queen has been provided with a private luxury outhouse in the backyard.

Steve-ano: "This is just for you, my Queen!"

I watched the last 40 minutes in jump mode and it was dismal. I don't think you missed anything. (I wonder if my local affiliate is finally using their .2 channel to show the news stuff now, since it's been ages since a preemption here.)

I felt for Evan. I argue less facetiously every day that this character is still redeemable. He could have Sami'd and Nicole'd and ranted and raved. Instead, he listened to reason and showed his love for his son by giving him back to his guardian.

Robo-Chad needs to be stabbed in the eye. Abby got on my nerves today, too, but mainly because her acting partner (for story purposes) was thinking of wet pizza. I want to see Gabi revenge herself or have the DiMansion with all its ghoulish inhabitants blow up during the planned reunion. And/or both.

Does Orpheus go to jail?? I mean Rafe, & Eli both....so???? But good for Evan. Sonny must have really poured it on to convince Evan to think of his child's welfare first. I wonder if I can get to see the show on the site. Usually it won't let me, because of my ad blocker. My laptop has lousy sound, so I cannot hear dialogue well, and terrible CC, lol. But maybe that would work..doubt it, but will try. Honestly, I was really surprised the station did not give a time when the show would be shown.

Go to YouTube and type in Days of Our Lives. Once that comes up, then click "filter" (should be above the top video shown, on the left) and all the videos shift down. The last option (on the right) should be "sort by", then click on "upload date". It usually has the day's full episode, but you have to watch ASAP since they get yanked within a few hours.

I am also hoping that Marlena is playing him. This Queen of the Night garbage is creepy.

I was very surprised that Sonny got through to Evan. But glad he did.

I have never been and am still not a Chad/Abigail fan but if she doesn't realize something is seriously up with him after the crazy stuff she's seen. I mean Stefano is Steve. Or Steve is Stefano? Chad is definitely off. I really forgot all about that Andre had given him a suggestion during hypnosis, however on earth that happened.

Thanks, JS.

I wondered about Marlena playing Stevano because she was so concerned
about Gabi and Kate.

I thought Eli worked at the FBI before coming to Salem. He must have failed
the course about tailing someone since Evan knew Eli and Lani were there.

Surprised to see how fast the story of Orpheus ended. Why bother having him
there? Will Evan give Rafe custody? Strange to hear Evan talk about killing
Jordan was an accident. Will he get off?

Back