Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 1, 2024

JasonDíSpeech

Reaction score
36 minutes including credits. Not a terrible episode.

Price Townhouse - Paulina and Abe are getting ready to go back to the hospital to find out if she's cancer-free.

Cook-Horton Apartment (matte painting in the window suggests they live on a high floor) - Xander talks about the evidence the prosecution has shared. Sarah has to go to work. She'll call to check in on her sweethearts; Xander will probably be working on this case and checking on the "wee bairn" all day. (Victoria is in a basinet next to his desk.) Later, he reads Witness #5 and Witness #6's statements (can't wait to hear what DrBakerFan has to say about these), both of which have nothing implicating Xander. Witness #7, same.

Serenity House Visiting Room - Tate is mad that his mother is speaking ill of the wondrous Holly. Jeannie T calls Holly a spoiled brat. Jeannie T doesn't like that her innocent son is being blamed for something that that "selfish little girl" was responsible for. Tate didn't realize that Jeannie T believed him. Tate doesn't want Jeannie T yelling and he doesn't want her mad at him.

Jeannie T apologizes for lashing out at him. She calmly talks to him about relationships, and although times and apps have changed, the feelings are the same. Crushes are temporary, not lasting. Tate's not looking to get married. Jeannie T suggests that if Holly had feelings for Tate, she’d not have let him stew for her own crimes. Tate continues to defend Holly. Jeannie T doesn't want to lecture, and leaves Tate with the question he should ask himself: "Will Holly Jonas always have my back?"

DiMansion Living Area - Replay of Brady returning from his phone call, party's over, EJ smirks, Brady says he's going to see Tate, Holly winces, EJ chest thumps, and Holly confesses. Only today instead of reaction shots we get angry Brady and defensive EJ. Brady doesn't back down but isn't really harsh either. EJ questions this sudden epiphany/change in story. It comes out that Eric knew because Holly had to tell someone.

EJ asks if Tate dealt her the drugs, angering Brady. EJ calls Tate a delinquent after Holly says Tate had tried to get her not to take the drugs. Holly tells Nicole she heard her nighttime confession, blaming herself for Holly's troubles as well as the death of her baby. EJ is angry Eric got the confession. Holly is sorry for what this has done to Tate, she will regret it the rest of her life. EJ doubts this is the truth; Holly has proof. She takes Nicole upstairs.

DiMansion Holly's Bedroom - Nicole could never be mad at Holly. Holly shows her a stash of pills in a jewelry box she got last year. Nicole gives the pills back and says they have to go show everyone.

DiMansion Living Area - Everyone is waiting as Holly and Nicole appear and show the pills. Brady is angry that she sat on this secret. Nicole suggests that perhaps Holly just remembered due to the coma.

Hospital Room - Paulina is nervous after her scan. She talks with Abe about having to be still for 30 minutes. Sarah enters. The oncologist was called away but she's going to review the results with her. After some stalling for time that they don't even bother to fill with recaps or small talk, and an ad break, Sarah tells her she's in complete remission. Paulina hugs her, then apologizes. Sarah says it's okay, this is the best part of her job. She still has to do some thyroid treatments but then should be clear.

DiMansion Living Room - Holly admits that she remembered immediately and was just too scared. She feels bad. Brady summarizes Holly's misdeeds calmly, then appropriately yells at EJ that the charges will be dropped against Tate and a public apology will be issued. He leaves, triumphant; EJ stews for a minute before darting out. Holly cries and runs upstairs. Nicole sobs, Eric stops her from going upstairs and they hug. Nicole learns that Holly told him today. She's glad that Eric was there for Holly, hopes she will be all right. EJ returns and says "It's done." Nicole thanks Eric, who leaves. EJ stews.

DiMansion Stoop - Holly is crying. Eric comes out. He sits with her. She loves him and wishes he was with her mom.

Hospital Waiting Area/Cook-Horton Apartment - Paulina and Abe are leaving as Sarah tells Paulina how amazing and awesome she is as a patient. Abe and Paulina leave; Sarah calls Xander to check on Victoria, and maybe take her out for a run. At the apartment, after hanging up with Sarah, Xander decides to change for his run, and realizes his running clothes are distinctive and recognizable. He goes to look at the evidence again. A bit later, he muses about the lesson of not wearing the same jogging suit regularly and tells Victoria that he’s going to be a free man.

Price Townhouse - Paulina's glad to be home and cancer free. The continued thyroid treatment which will require one more admission to the hospital is routine.

DiMansion Living Room - Nicole muses about what a day they've had. She's grateful for Eric's support of Holly; EJ is glad for this connection, too (and seems sincere). Nicole is thankful for EJ cutting through some of the bureaucracy to ease everyone's suffering. EJ and Nicole wonder from whom she did receive the drugs? Nicole says they'll have to find out as parents but also because the drugs almost killed her. EJ says the most important thing is to support her.

Serenity House Salem - Brady enters as he is talking on the phone with an unseen Justin. Everything's been taken care of; he tells Jeannie T and Tate that the charges have been dropped. He can come home immediately and the ankle monitor will be removed tonight. Holly confessed. Jeannie T is still salty that Holly kept the secret so long, but Tate is thrilled that Holly came through for him even though he told her she didn't have to come clean. This confounds Brady and Jeannie T. They move past it quickly and hug to celebrate his leaving. END

Holly saying she wished Eric was with her mom had an echoing anvil drop clang.

I watched the episode.

So nice to see disgusting Ejerk so totally put in his place and having to eat humble pie. He would have deserved the beat-down he'd have gotten if they had "stepped outside." He would not have had a chance against a rage-filled Brady.

Hey Clyde, come take out Ejerk and make sure it's permanent this time.

Last edited:
Well done, Jason!

Thank goodness the truth came out, and as predicted by us, EJ still thought Holly was covering for Tate.

We could see in Nicole's eyes, when hugging Eric, that she still wants to be with him, come on!

I love Xander delving into his case.

Will Holly fess all, including weed? Tate never told on her for that, either. It is maddening that he still doesn't see she is bad for him.

EJ looked really angry that Brady shot him down so thoroughly, but he had it coming. He only dislikes Tate so much because he is Brady's son.

I am so glad Holly came clean. and kudos to all actors/actresses involved, they were great scenes with appropriate reactions. I was surprisingly impressed with it. Great job. Glad it's over, though, for real, should have ended a week ago. Now for a story that should have ended 3 months ago. Let's get to telling Nicole the truth about her baby. Sloan and Sloan2 (Melinda) need to be thrown out of town. Let April be the month of truth!

Thanks Jason, I hope the rest of your "spring break" goes well.

With all of the champagne Holly was consuming you'd have thought hyper alert mommy Nicole would have smelled it on her. Guess not. Interesting to see the old jewelry box with a hidden compartment for storage of assorted other things. Maybe Holly should take a look at the long ago found and now forgotten Horton time capsule thingy, maybe she can open it.

Yeah, the case against Xander seems a slam dunk. I heard two shots fired, a guy fell to the ground the shooter ran off. I was across the river, so I didn't really see it all that well. I hope Clyde and his honeyboo Officer Goldman are having a great time off-screen and can return soon so we can wrap up this stupid storyline and move on to the next bunch of silliness the strike writer have in store for us.

I've never seen a baby switch storyline get resolved in less than a year. Every baby switch I've seen on the soaps tended to last a year or so. Even without the writers' strike, I doubt the truth about Jude would've come out yet.
@Just Samantha, yes, I know they typically last a year or so. I still think it should have ended 3 months ago, as I hate it. I was simply stating an opinion.

All's well in one corner of Salem as airhead Holly comes clean, the Tot is exonerated, the long-suffering Brady can relax at least for the moment, and idiotic, tactless, self-important EJ has been put in his place. (Brady deserves credit for not losing it when smug EJ wouldn’t let up on the poor Tot even after Holly first confessed.)

Things are also looking good in Xanderland as the fully-revealed evidence will show that all charges against the mighty X-Man were the result of a clumsy Clyde frame-up. Little Victoria will be able to keep her big, strong, handsome daddy by her side. Strike up the band.

Finally, the message is mixed from Paulina’s world. The good news is that she’s cured, but the bad news is that she’ll be able to resume her high-volume squawking. God help Abe. He may have recovered his memory, but his hearing is now definitely at risk.

Thanks, Jason.

Interesting to hear Xander read the witness statements. They weren't the best. I'm glad he figured out the person
was dressed like him. And he realized he dresses the same way whenever he jogs.

Great news that Holly told the truth and Tate is on his way home. But where will Theresa sleep since she's in Tate's room?
Maybe Tate can share a room with his dad.

Did Nicole realize Holly was drinking?

I wasn't surprised about EJ's reaction when Holly told the truth. He seemed like he wanted to keep Tate in halfway
house forever.

Will Holly tell EJ and Nicole who she got the drugs from?

YOU are right gramcracker, and a really good actor! However, he needed/wanted to finish college, Good for him - & his salary from this time on Days will certainly help him do that. Just hope the nearly 27 yr. old actor taking his place will be able to pull off a 16 yr. old teen. :)

Back