Days of Our Lives - Mon., Apr. 1, 2024

TV shows and movies regularly hire actors in their 20's to play teenagers. Nothing new. For example, Rachel McAdams was 26 when she was playing 16 old Regina George in the original Mean Girls movie. Daniel Franzese who played Cady's (Lindsay Lohan) friend, Damian, was also 26 playing a 16 year old in the movie.

And they never looked like teens, or acted like them. Also, 20, 21, 22 is a lot different from 26-27- nearly 30. remember when Ron Howard played Opie as this little kid? Well, Ron grew & left the show, he was too old, too big to be "Opie" any more. And so....he became a teen, and very young 20 yr. old on Happy Days.......and has done so much more. Hey, he is now 70 yrs., done so much, but always used all he learned from the shows he was on.........

Ron Howard was with the Andy Griffith Show the for the entire run. He was 6 years old when the show started and 14 when it ended in 1968. Opie aged naturally. There were 249 episodes and he's in 243 of them. Here he is in a couple of the last episodes as a teenager:

4f72930f088bf94ae290f64fcb06b355.jpg

The dark-haired girl who is his date in the above-picture is Morgan Brittany, who went on to play Pam Ewing and Cliff Barnes' crazy half-sister Katherine Wentworth on Dallas.

d0b5886932e19aabf2e3f92a66a59203.jpg

I only meant Opie did not age to 25 or something. Sorry I was not as explicit as I should have been.

Then again, Guess I was not a big time viewer of The Andy Griffith show. I only have been seeing it currently in re-runs.

Thanks for the summary. Time for me to get caught up. Finally the truth is out! EJ definitely deserved being humiliated like that. Of course, it'll take the dust some time to settle as far as grievances and drama are concerned. Not a bad show today at all.

Back