Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 11, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 11, 2014

Hard to believe this was originally a Friday episode, except for the final couple lines of dialogue. Lots of filler until then. At the Horton house, Paige if firmly telling JJ she is staying in Salem for this year, just a delay for Stamford. He protests a bit, but is really happy, they decide to go out and celebrate now, she is going to have to deal with her mom later. As they leave, Adrienne is at the door to see Jen, who isn't home. Paige takes off, JJ stays a while to talk to Aunt Adrienne, who wonders if it is wise for him to be dating Eve's daughter - lawsuit and all. JJ puts Adrienne in her place, assures her that Paige is great, both mom & Abby agree and like her. Adrienne backs off, talks of how proud Jack would be, and that JJ is a lot like him. JJ doesn't seem to thrilled to hear that, but Adrienne notes that his dad was a complicated man, died a hero, but if he ever wants to talk about her brother (Jack) she is there. JJ just may take her up on that, but has to leave now.
He runs into Rory in the square, who brags about this party he & his brother attended, all these gorgeous girls, JJ should come to the next one just before school starts. Nope, JJ is not interested. Not at all.

Jen is home, Adrienne visits as they have tea, is worried about JJ dating Paige, Jen has no qualms, but both agree that Eve is someone to watch, not believe for a second.

And at their home, Paige is telling her mom that it is a done deal, she has notified Stamford, will spend the year at Salem U, she won't have to worry about the money, yada, yada, maybe settle the lawsuit. Eve doubts it, figures Jen will drag it all out forever. Paige gets a call from Stamford, and while she is out of the room, Eve mutters aloud, as she looks at a pic of JJ & paige, "JJ, you are done with my daughter. D O N E!

Over at the Pub, Aiden & Jennifer are agreeing that they will be friends in addition to lawyer/client, Aiden is making a few jokes, even asking Jen for a date tonight, since they are friend. She is shocked, he stumbles over his words, says he really did not mean that, but he has 2 tickets for the play over at the Imperial, and Chase doesn't want to go. Well, Jen heard it was hilarious, and agrees to go, but lets him know that she knows she is his "beard".(I am guessing she means someone he hides behind). Seems the success of the gala has brought him to the attention of Giselle & her followers, and being he is unattached, they will be swarming all over him. He denies this, she just laughs.

Marlena is taking some things from her dresser, picks up a bottle of perfume, flashes back to a scene of her & John in bed. She goes to the hospital, holds John's hand, trying to get him to squeeze her hand if he hears her, move a finger, some sign that he knows she is there. Nothing.

Earlier, Eve was flirting with Brady, but Theresa came along, stopped it all. Brady wants to meet up with her later at his place. She agrees. He leaves, Eve drags her off for a glass of wine, warning her that Brady is not going to want to have anything to do with her. She is a reminder of what happened to his father, and Eve herself is not too sure that Brady is the one who hit his dad, but only Theresa knows about that. Theresa nervously brings up giving blood for Eve's surgery, Eve remembers their deal. Theresa leaves.

Brady talks to Maggie a bit, wanting to talk to Daniel about his dad. Maggie hasn't heard from him since yesterday, he is probably busy with the conference. Brady says he called, but got a text back with Dan being in a meeting. Theresa arrives, Maggie gives them privacy, Brady takes her into the living room where this man is sitting, a notary, makes it easier for them to sign those papers, get it over and done. Later, the guy has left, Brady & Theresa more or less say their good-byes, with Theresa warning him about her sister, and how she has an agenda with any guy she gets cozy with. Brady can take care of himself, is not interested in hooking up with anyone, not to worry.

And into the laundry truck where Kristen & Daniel argue, she starts beating on him, despite having her hands tied. (Is that a huge run in her stocking?) He looks at her wrists, where she has managed to have those rather loose ropes cut into her wrists. And miracle of miracles, there is a First Aid kit in the truck. Daniel takes off some of the ropes, applies ointment.
And now Kristen goes on and on and on above still loving Brady, he made her a better person, like she used to be, and knows he still loves her. She tries to compare herself and Brady to Daniel & Jennifer, even bringing up how he felt after his wife died, which is how she felt when she lost Brady. She does go on and on about it all, including blaming marlena for her unhappiness. She is going to get Brady back, and without going to Salem. It will be on her terms, she never will set foot in Salem again.

But she starts taunting Daniel about this truck, making all these stops, and eventually, the doors will open, and people will see this tied up woman with bleeding wrists, and probably figure she is kidapped by this guy, who has no I.D. , no phone, no money. Daniel smiles. Yep, this truck is going to make a lot of stops. But something you don't know is I did not just pick any truck. Saw the manifest on this one. You know where the first stop is? Salem Inn. Kristen's face changes. Daniel continues...yes, the Salem Inn. And just 5 doors away is the Salem Police Dept.

Very, very boring episode. I can't believe it was supposed to be a cliffhanger Friday either! Sure, the final lines are alright, but even those aren't that nailbiting. I liked seeing Adrienne and Kayla but I hated that Adrienne has become JJ and Paige's version of Maggie! She is too judgmental when it comes to other people's relationships: we saw that with Will and her son. They need to bring back the real Adrienne, not this nosy twit.

Marlena and John scenes were so far and few between, and yet very sweet and emotional, even for me, who prefers Marlena with Roman. Beautifully done.

Kristen and Daniel was actually watchable today, as was Jennifer.

Aiden and Hope just ooze chemistry. I am enjoying the slow build for them.

Not interested in this Brady and Theresa business, and I am starting to get tired of Eve. It was good to see Maggie but her outfit, while nice, would have been more appropriate in March or October instead of mid-summer.

Thanks Poirot. I thought I missed a little bit because they broke in towards the end with a five-minute report about a building in NYC that's on fire, but it sounds like all I missed was some commercials.

I LOVED the look on Kristen's face when Daniel told her where the truck would be stopping at the end.

Good for JJ for standing up for himself. Not so good for Adrienne for trying too hard to protect JJ from Eve's daughter. And isn't she being a bit hypocritical saying the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? Should Jen have not ever gotten involved with Jack because his adoptive father and biological father were both bad news? Should Adrienne have not gotten involved with Justin because he was a Kiriakis?

They really need to either give Rory something to do other than try to get JJ back to the party scene or write him out altogether. It's kind of ridiculous that almost a year later, he still hasn't got a clue that JJ is no longer into partying and smoking weed. And worse, there's just no place for his character to go. The stereotypical teenage stoner dude with a skateboard can only go so far, especially once the teen set graduates to young adulthood.

I can't stand Kristen, but I have more sympathy for her than I do for Theresa, which shows how poorly Theresa has been written.

Jen seemed so much more relaxed and likeable today. I wish they'd keep her like this.

Heather, I agree! It was nice to see Rory at first but very hard to believe that he still thinks he can change JJ. He should be utilized better. And I hate that they are trying to make partying seem like the only thing teens and young adults do. It shouldn't be that hard to believe JJ changed; there are plenty of people around my age who are not into the hookup/party culture to begin with.

Kristen was a total nut, throwing that tantrum! She was acting like my 5 year-old brother sometimes does when he doesn't get dessert, lol!

We saw Rory's mother one time, and from the looks of her, and things she said, am surprised Rory has not seemed to have tried to get a job during the summer. Though maybe he has one and just no mention of it, as he must get the money for his party style from somewhere.

And, apologies for not mentioning Hope being back from New Orleans. Just lousy scenes, in my opinion. She brought beignets (donuts) for Kayla, has another box for Marlena, chatted with Kayla about John a bit, then about Aiden abit....all denial stuff, she still loves Kayla's brother. Then she bumps into Aiden and they do that whole awkward, oh, you're back, yes I'm back, got to go, me, too. But then I did mention filler.

@HM, I got worried near the end of the show, as the station I was watching had breaking news for 5 minutes, too. Seems a couple of window washers were rescued from scaffolding that had evidently jammed. Was secured to the bldg., the guys were already inside. Sigghhhh. But I think that some of what I missed was commercials. LOL

So.... is the back of the laundry truck soundproof??? With the way Kristen was yelling, you'd think the driver would've heard them.
Yes, the greater Salem area has miracle laundry trucks -- soundproof and with a first-aid kit in the back. That said the Love Doctor should make use of some of the truck's more conventional contents and use them to thoroughly gag Kristen. Probably, the only reason that he can stand to listen to her inane blather is that he got used to nonsensical chatter when he was involved with Ms. Priss. On other fronts, we learn that the Salem Inn is only five doors away from the police station. This probably gives the guests a false sense of security, unaware that criminal activity could be taking place in the next room, and the police in that oh-so-close station are not only completely clueless about it, but will be unable to catch the perpetrators when the crimes are reported.

We saw Rory's mother one time, and from the looks of her, and things she said, am surprised Rory has not seemed to have tried to get a job during the summer. Though maybe he has one and just no mention of it, as he must get the money for his party style from somewhere.

Rory does have a job, delivering pizza. He was the pizza delivery guy when Jennifer and Daniel had their little dinner party that one time.

Remember in Salem there's Hope

I hope Marlena turns around in tomorrow's show
and sees the tear.

Did we have to know Eve can spell?

I enjoyed the scenes with Brady and Maggie because he kept
talking about Daniel. And in a truck Kristen and Daniel keep
talking about Brady. If you're read most of my posts, you know why

Too bad Justin isn't in town because Adrienne keeps
wandering around butting in other people's lives.

Maybe the Cliff hanger was the name of the notary
public, Cliff Brown :)

I kinda wish Paige's surprise had been, "Hey JJ, I got YOU into Stanford too!" I'm really tired of him & Paige already. SNORE. And relatives showing up to worry about Eve's kid? Puh-lease.

Dumb jealousy abounding in Salem - Jeannie Theresa over Eve/Brady, and Hope over Jen/Aiden. Silly.

I liked Kristen's speeches about her past in the truck. Wish she had been talking to somebody else, though.

I am really liking Jeannie Theresa's mellowed approach. Waiting for the other shoe.

Boy I must have really tuned this one out because I watched it live and I don't remember half the stuff mentioned here. I may have to zip through it again for the John/Marlena scene.

I don't understand the purpose of having Adrienne, Kayla and Maggie? They all seem to either be a 3rd wheel or be a busy body. Without Justin, I think Kayla and Maggie are enough.

I need to see Jeannie Theresa with a new purse.

I can't believe Jennifer used the word "beard". Days doesn't usually use slang like that, especially Jennifer so it came off as awkward to me.

I'm done with Eve too but I think she has more connections in Salem than we have been led to believe thus far.

Back