Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 12, 2013

And that continues to stump me Poirot. When Sami and EJ first claimed Bernardi was a dirty cop and tried to kill Rafe, wouldn't the Salem PD have searched his home as part of their investigation? Wouldn't Justin, as Sami's attorney, have insisted that they search his home as part of his case to prove Sami's innocence. This just makes no sense at all, and I'm all for overlooking certain things for the sake of tv, but this is a ridiculous angle.
Even in Salem, the unsupported claim by Sami and EJ, two of the most notorious liars in Salem, that Bernardi was a dirty cop would not be enough for a judge to issue a search warrant. In fact, anywhere but Salem, Elvis Junior's latest plot would be laughably crude. Marge would strongly claim that the money was a plant, and Bernardi's fingerprints would be nowhere to be found on either the package or any of the bills. And if the case ever came to trial, tough-as-nails prosecutor Melinda Trask would assert that the money was a plant and call a parade of Salem police officers (including Rafe) to the witness stand to testify to the victim's sterling qualities. Little Elvis may have disowned his father, but he's really just a chip off the old block -- he concocts idiotic plots that are doomed to failure.

@Mandi.....the thing was....Julie & Doug were dating. But one night, Doug was drunk, (maybe Addie was a bit, too) and they ended up getting married, growing to love each other, and Hope was conceived, and born.

After Addie died, it took Doug quite a while to recover, he rather isolated himself for a while, and it was a few years before he got back with Julie.

Agree, Poirot, good show, but too many choppy scenes. Seeing both Julie and Theresa on the same day, one can definitely see the resemblance there, as others noted before...Theresa definitely resembles a younger Julie. Never heard of outside food for an inmate, would probably have to be x-rayed for possible weapons...hey, maybe the missing razor is in a quiche lorraine! Too long a scene between Dan and Theresa. He is falling for her lies, and she can't wait to cry on his shoulder. :( I think JJ's number will be up soon, when it is revealed that Adrienne switched the donuts. I want him to caught, finally. Poor Nicole did look like a fish out of water, but at least she is slowly being accepted by some of the women. It is obviously the same day as it was a few days ago, since Nicole, Hope and Adrienne were wearing the same clothes. They will tomorrow, as well, since the book club hilarity will ensue. Don't recall Dr. Dan having a shower in his office, either. And the whole "dirty money" thing is totally messed up. I think this plan could backfire in EJ"s face.

Marge begs Abe to protect her husband memory!! How is he suppose to do that?

Does anyone else think that Ej had one of his goon write to NOTE to Sami so he could make it look like Sami's life is in eminent danger, or so she could be approve for bail next time!

I just have to say I too enjoyed today's episode, one because of the book club, I vote for more book club episodes! haha, Nicole's face is priceless as she saves bottles of wine from being knocked over, and all the ladies giggling and having a good time... I think it's good to show that not everyone has to be at odds with eachother!
...and I JUST stopped fast forwarding through JJ's scene long enough to hear Jennifer say "So, you have a date tonight with Bev-er-ly" I stopped and was like... wait a minute... I had to rewind and make sure i heard that right... JJ is hanging out with a girl (a teenager give 'er take) and her name is Beverly?! That's my name! I thought I was like, the last Beverly out there and I'll be honest... I'm not getting any younger! I turn 30 this September! :) I know still "young" but still... anyway I enjoyed hearing people on my favorite show say my name.. weird that may sound but really how often do you hear the name Bev/Beverly and you'r not in a senior home?! Just makes us Bevs out there unique I guess... :)
ps- I am not a pot head! The similarities stop at the name and the color of our hair- and that's it! hahaha...

Back