Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 24, 2015

I really hope Ben doesn't get violent with Abigail. I don't want her or the baby getting hurt. :eek:

Oh ok :drunk:

ETA: We got some nice Nicole/Brady scenes in the hospital after the Titan basement fiasco too. That coupled with the Eric/Nicole scenes while trapped makes me think those scenes were already being tinkered with by the new writers. I had thought so at the time but now I think it more so.
First of all, I agree about Abby and the baby. No more dead babies please.

Secondly, I wasn't sure how to take your reply at first whether you were being funny sarcastic or rude sarcastic but I see your edit there so I get where you're coming from. I agree there was probably some tinkering with scripts the past few weeks but today's episode is officially out of Tomlin/Whitesell's ownership and fully in Higley/Griffith. To me, the scenes with Brady and Nicole just felt different. I think a big part of it was no mention of Daniel. You can already see that the new writers seem to be backburnering Daniel. I know it's less than a week into the new regime but Daniel was not on at all last week and wasn't on today. Under the previous regime it felt like even when he wasn't on characters were still obligated to mention him or talk about him. It was overkill. I don't know where the new writers are going to take Nicole/Eric but I think today's scenes are a little too soon to judge. I just hope Eric doesn't get too caught up with Serena again but my fear is her presence with him may linger for awhile.

Ah come on now, enough with the same old Theresa antics already. How old is she supposed to be anyway? I hope this story changes soon or TPTB either give her a life changing wake up call or write her out because her schemes are way past old, childish and predictable. Her character is pathetic and not the least bit entertaining anymore

Interesting to learn it's 90 degrees in Salem at breakfast time. It
was said twice.

The Salem morning went fast today. Eric and Serena were going
out for lunch..

I hope Brady gets his brain back tomorrow. He just talked to Theresa about
using Xander to make him jealous. She used Xander a different way.

I couldn't believe Chad told Abby about the will. Stefano wasn't very happy.

Not only that, but Chad told Abby that he had his own money, they could leave, go somewhere no one knows them, the name, etc. and get a little house, live like normal people. So, he would not be hurting financially.

The thing with Chad.......he lost his mother, has no siblings, lost the girl he loves, and is now thrown out by his father. His partner & good friend has left town to work for his uncle, and Chad is really.......all alone.

I think that civil suit travesty was just hurried up so they could move the story faster into the direction they are going, and the story they are going to tell.
I really feel bad for Chad right now and I am glad he stood up to his father! I really don't think Chad is like the rest of the DiMeras and I am so glad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dr.BakerFan is going to have a field day with how that went down with the lawsuit, hand-delivered notices and court time an hour later!
I had the same thought while watching. It was making my head spin and it was so stupid (especially the part about Serena). I did enjoy Nicole as always, but it was so...Salem-y.

Really slow episode today. I could have easily pegged it for Tomlin/Whitesell writing....
I said the same thing on twitter. This is one of those "cleanup" episodes...short of a "Bobby in the shower" moment, there are some things that have to be fixed up, LOL. Serena/Xander/Jeannie/Nicole is one of them. Which is why I can give them an "almost mulligan" on the whole dumbness of the court proceedings.

And I swear there was no mention of Daniel in any of Nicole's conversations.
We were speculating on twitter that he's dead. LOL - we can hope, right? Can we go another six days without seeing him???

What we have here is an episode with Tomlin/Whitesell's stories being handled by Higley/Griffith. Watch any long-running soap and the transition weeks are often like this. I'll bear it out because the majority of it is fantastic.

2) Nicole has to sleep with the lights on....Doc Dan sleeps with her doesn't he since they live together now? (very strange)
This gives further credence to my theory that he's dead. LOL. Seriously though, I balked at that as well, but again, I'll throw the writers a bone since they're cleaning up that Travesty of a mess that Tomlin/Whitesell left.

Xander's "luv" skills are so lacking that they make the late slimy Clint look like a sophisticated romeo.
Surely. He forgot to take his shirt off. I was really hoping Victor would walk in and have a stroke, LOL.

Final thoughts...has it ever been explained how Chad has his own money? Just curious.

And of course, I can't wait for something to actually happen between Ben/Abby/Chad. I'm really hoping at some point, Ben kvetches and walks away from Abby, whom he doesn't trust at all. (For absolutely good reasons.) I just want everyone in that story to start acting like grownups. And I really want to know Stefano's angle.

Re civil court procedures: Very badly done! :sick: By the way, will we ever get an explanation about whatever happened to the $5,000,000 that EJ gave to Nicole?

This cheese is probably standing alone on this, but these looong scenes are making me yearn for the old choppiness. But in all fairness, they are useful at nap time. :rolleyes:

I am very anxious to see whether or not the increased usage of veterans will improve the show's ratings and/or bottom line.

Clyde has replaced Dr. Alex North as the most evil villain ever on Days. It will make my day to see him permanently gone.

By the way, will we ever get an explanation about whatever happened to the $5,000,000 that EJ gave to Nicole?
Yep, about the same time we get an explanation of Alice's bank accounts, Jennifer's stalker in HTS during Halloween, the significance of the jade tree plant left on Jen's doorstop after Jack died and where Tommy Horton is.

All my observations about this episode have already been mentioned but I just have to re-iterate:

Things I loved:
Chad, Chad, Chad! Did I say I love Chad? The look on his face when Abby said she was pregnant. Oh my! As others said, I am so happy he's standing up to his father.

Nicole - She looked amazing and I loved her talk with Brady. Nice to see that friendship again.

Things I hated:
Eric being so nice to Serena. As Roman would say, what the hell? Last week he couldn't even look at her and now he's sticking up for her. Talk about fickle.

Ben. Can you say creepy? He is coming unhinged and I fear for Abby's safety.

Theresa. Please go away. What a twit!

Things I'm neutral about (not really neutral but couldn't think of another way to say this:

Abby. I know she is all wishy-washy but I can see it from her point of view. Part of her does love Ben and she doesn't know how creepy he is. So to her, he's this great guy that would never hurt her and she's pregnant with his child. Then there's Chad. She knows she 'shouldn't' love him but she does. She wants to be with him but feels it's not the right thing to do so she's torn. I'm ok with how this is being played so far. And I think she does a great job of showing her confusion and how conflicted she is. I'm willing to let this one play out.

Brady. He better see right through that plan of Theresa. I doubt it, but am hopeful. Maybe Xander will tell him what happened and he will actually believe him.

Re Chad having his own money. First he makes money from TBD and I am sure he must draw a salary from DiMera Enterprises, even though it is never discussed. Also, his mother must have left her estate all to Chad and I am sure that had to be decent money since she was an attorney. (If I remember correctly) Yep, Chad must be ok financially, not filthy rich but pretty comfy.

I also picked up on Abigail's weird pronunciation of Ciara.

Gosh, this was a fantastic show!! A 6th day of of no Daniel, fantastic acting all around. I actually didn't mind Theresa's predictable plot because for once, it was not hurting an innocent person, and it was amusing to see Brady beat the crap out of Xander.

I also liked Nicole (who looked beautiful) winning (for once). Her little showdowns with Xander and Serena were fantastic (and Brady chiming in was funny too). I didn't care for the hypocrisy (though predictable) of Eric. Just because Serena called 9-11 for Caroline shouldn't wipe away everything she'd done to Nicole, Daniel, and Eric. Yet Eric can't overlook Nicole ripping up some papers when she helps his mother take down Kristen? Can't stand the dude.

Chad & Abigail...wow....powerhouse acting. THAT'S how to write romance! As for Ben, I feel like he could crack at any moment, and that it's gonna take Chad to save Abigail. I sure hope that she doesn't end up getting hurt.

Been gone for a week so catching up on the show. Few questions: 1) Um Eric, who is, or was or is or maybe kinda sorta some days, so head over heels in love with Nicole "the love of his life" , is now defending Serena and basically took her side today when Nicole came around? I think Eric and Abby should get together! 2) Nicole has to sleep with the lights on?? Doc Dan sleeps with her, doesn't he, since they live together now? (very strange).

Love Chad, as always, and Abby better start thinking about the baby and stop all the crying and stress.

Just cannot believe that Eric is defending Serena.

Back