Days of Our Lives - Mon., Aug. 5, 2013

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, August 5, 2013

A lot of small conversations going on in Salem today, as Daniel, Eric & the investigator talk of how all the evidence the investigator, Mason, had gathered was ruined. He tells how this client came in wanting his help with a cheating husband, knocked over his coffee, tried to mop it up with his legal pad, and everything is ruined. Then she dashed into the bathroom and locked herself in. First Daniel attempts to talk the lady out, then Father Eric tries his hand, to no avail. Kristen is in panicville on the other side of the door, scribbles a note she slips to the men saying she is too embarrassed. Then she knocks over something, resulting in a large crash, and of course, we see the window now. The men grab tools to force the lock, when she doesn't answer them, and when the finally get the door open, yep, she is gone out the window. One guy mentions they are on the second floor, she had to be pretty desperate. Eric now recalls the lady in the hotel, big sunglasses, short dark hair, sophisticated. Mason, tho, says this lady had mousy long brown hair, definitely not good looking, can't be same woman. Daniel though talks of how they were getting so close to answers and in comes this woman, all the evidence now ruined, the notes, etc. Cannot be a coincidence.

Rafe is dreaming about Marge coming into his room, talking of Bernardi being his friend, and Sami murdering him. He opens his eyes, and there sits Nicole. They have a friendly chat, she mentions Eric, with Sami ruining the dedication, Rafe teasing her a bit over how much she cares about him. She says she worries and cares about all her friends. All two of them. LOL.

Sami paces her cell, surprised no one is around, no guard. Marge arrives, reams Sami out again about killing her husband. Sami wonders how she got in there, calls a guard, no answer. Marge says everyone there loved her husband, so they would not deny her entry here. She pulls out a picture of timmy, sending Sami on a guilt trip, because Timmy cries himself to sleep every night, no daddy any more. She leaves.

EJ & Justin are impatiently awaiting the arrival of Kayla, who just wanted to look the autopsy report over again. She is convinced enough evidence to ask for the exhumation of Bernardi's body.
EJ shows up at Sami's cell, learns of Marge being there, how scared Sami felt, etc. He tells her Justin & Kayla are in court, with the judge. He checks, no one saw Marge at all, and funny thing, problems with the security cameras. And here Abe promised he had personally vetted every single guard on this floor. Obviously all are in on it.

JJ is trying to get info from Theresa about the man she is interested in. No dice. She brags about the man having this good job, being well respected, but no info. She derides JJ for not having the blow she wanted. He tells her to go get it from her new friend, goes back to school, telling Rory that his date was too dull. We see another couple, Bev & Cole talking, she is not interested, sees JJ, goes to flirt with him, making a date for tonight to hang out. She leaves, Cole gives JJ a hard time about moving in on him, says he will regret it.
Theresa comes rushing into Jen's office, but she has had enough. Theresa tries to claim HR being a madhouse, Jen knows better, tells Theresa she doesn't want to hear her excuses, then calls Anne to come to her office, as Theresa is there, and since she can't seem to find her way to Anne's, better than Anne come there. Jen tells Theresa she is out of a job. Theresa complains about going back home, Jen says she should have thought about that before she decided to ignore her work, etc. Theresa gets mad, starts reaming Jen out because she was supposed to be so nice, and really isn't, yada, yada. Anne has arrived, listens a bit, but comes in. Jen leaves, Anne talks a bit with Theresa, gets the feel of her not liking Jennifer, and gives her papers to sign. Theresa is surprised, this is not a W4. Nope. You mean I am not fired. Nope. Now that I met you, I think you are just the sort of person Jennifer needs for an assistant.

Earlier Brady had been talking to Jennifer about Kristen and is warned about being careful. He goes to the DiMera house, where a breathless Kristen has just returned. She claims to be over caffeinated, which is why she is nervous and jittery. He doesn't believe her, figures she is hiding something. She pulls her "you are the only man for me" chatter, and soon has him eating out of her hand.

Jen has gone to visit Rafe, they chit chat. He praises Daniel, the good care he is receiving from him. How he is there early in the a.m. and late at night, weekends as well. Jennifer is lucky to have him in her life. She looks down, agrees, then tells him how she has been letting all sort of small things interfere in her life, when they really don't mean all that much. And yes, she is very lucky to have Daniel in her life, and thanks Rafe for making her see some things more clearly. Rafe is happy, lst time he has been able to help with something for months.

Nicole meets up with Daniel, wants to talk about JJ. Tells him how she literally ran into JJ who was desperately hiding something from her, she did not know what it was, but it was bad. She thinks Jen should be told, wants Daniel to do it. He says no, mentions the shoplifting, but to Nicole, all the more reason. There is a problem here, and Daniel should not let JJ run things. He already is able to manipulate Jennifer, and she deserves to know what is really going on.

Theresa calls JJ, apologizes for earlier, wants to meet up with him again. JJ is with Bev, having just met up, and is glancing back and forth, as he tries not to let Theresa know he is with someone.

Daniel runs right into Jennifer who has been looking for him. When he asks what for, she says for this, and kisses him.

Marge is walking thru the square, gets a text, says not on your life and hurries off. Justin is calling EJ to say good news, the judge has given the order to have Bernardi's body exhumed. EJ is telling Sami the good news, she is looking relieved.

At first glance, forensics expert Mason Ventura seems to be more like Ace Ventura the pet detective. Mason can supposedly detect the slightest traces of DNA and blood, not to mention the faintest of fingerprints, but when coffee is spilled on his notes, etc., everything is apparently lost forever. Unless there's some reasonable explanation, this scenario sounds more like the bumbling Salem P.D. than some forensics genius.

You'd think he'd have scanned and saved copies of everything. Also, you'd think he wouldn't have allowed a client file (and evidence) to just be sitting out in the open on his desk (clearly labeled) while he talked to another potential client. Sheesh!

At first glance, forensics expert Mason Ventura seems to be more like Ace Ventura the pet detective

Plus, if this guy's so good, and Daniel expressed doubts about the woman, why not take, oh, I don't know... fingerprints ? :eek: Just when you think this show can't get any stupider...

As far as Marge is concerned, she's got pretty much the whole Salem PD on her side. The officers all hate Sami ! (I hate her too, but that's another topic). :D So of course they'll let her in so she can let Sami have it.

Theresa, Anne, Jennifer : :zzz:

But, to finish on a positive note : I love Nicole ! :clap:

You'd think he'd have scanned and saved copies of everything. Also, you'd think he wouldn't have allowed a client file (and evidence) to just be sitting out in the open on his desk (clearly labeled) while he talked to another potential client. Sheesh!

A lot off topic, but I was in a doctor's office today with my dad and there were boxes of files that said "no longer seen" with names on them. Right there in clear view. I thought, WHAT???
I would THINK the samples that private detective took would be held in a lab somewhere with backup paperwork, but ...only in Salem, right???

A lot going on today but not much happened, if that makes any sense! Who is Cole, and why is he someone to fear? Agree that Mason is a moron, and he knows the bathroom has a window (which wasn't immediately revealed to us), so why didn't he have one of the men guard it so "mystery woman" couldn't escape? Duh. Figured Theresa and Anne would become allies. This will be fun to watch on some levels. So now that Jen has planted one on Daniel, will she stick to her guns this time and not break up? (Remember what happened with the infamous "but we were taking a break" with Ross and Rachel on "Friends"? Breaks are NEVER good.) As pointed out last week, that outfit and hairstyle (more like mess, not style) on Nicole make her look very drab. She's too beautiful to be dressed like that. As we know, several days of viewing equate to one day in Salem, since wardrobe remains the same for a few days. Wish JJ would get caught already, this is dragging out. Too bad Nicole didn't pick up that vial first. How can Brady expect Kristen to tell the truth? This storyline must also end, it is so done. If Abe personally vetted the cops to be guards for Sami, something went terribly wrong. (Does not bode well for Kate vetting physical therapists for Rafe.) More and more, I am believing the idea that some posters put out there...that Marge is not who she seems. Now she is stopping the exhumation of Bernardi's corpse, which will now likely prove that Sami's gunshot did not kill him. Despite her protestations of "poor Timmy," could she be the killer? I guess anything is possible in Salem.:wink:

P.S. I had hoped Kristen's bracelet fell off in the forensics investigator's bathroom, possibly leaving a trail. Darn it. Now she must explain why she is on the floor under the desk in Eric's office. At least Eric is remembering some more and revealing that there was a mysterious woman in the hotel. Alas, his description of her was so unlike Kristen's current persona, it would take a genius to figure out it's the same woman. That leaves out anyone in Salem. CSI: Salem, anyone?:rotfl:

Now she [Marge] is stopping the exhumation of Bernardi's corpse, which will now likely prove that Sami's gunshot did not kill him.
In real life, a person cannot trump a court order to exhume a body. Actually, once a body is buried, it technically becomes the property of the state and only a court order can have it exhumed. (maybe it varies in each state, but I don't think so). Even if you want to exhume a loved one to move them, you need a court order to do so (at least in my state that's the way it works).

Who knows, maybe we'll find out that the Widow Bernardi had ol' Joe cremated and she buried his ashes. I'll be interesting to see how it plays out tomorrow.

P.S. I had hoped Kristen's bracelet fell off in the forensics investigator's bathroom, possibly leaving a trail. Darn it. Now she must explain why she is on the floor under the desk in Eric's office.

She can easily say it fell off when she dropped off the check to the rectory.

Susan is panicking...Daniel says" I'm a Sex God" I can help you!

Brady talks about Kristen "Maybe I can never trust her. Maybe I'm making a big mistake." Is he growing a brain!

Brady hopes Kristen isn't seeing someone else .....She's drugging/raping someone else!

I am now beting good old Marge had something to do with her hubby's death.. My guess is she found out he was working for Stefano and she could not bear it and she did him in, thinking of course Sami would be blamed... she did not want her family named ruined in addition to then loosing her/his pension and the scorn of all the other cops there when they would find out he was dirty...

Back