Days of Our Lives - Mon. Aug. 9, 2010

@Paxton, I hear what you're saying, I'm just saying that it's an extreme reaction to Nicole lying. I'm not buying that she's the sole reason for his drinking and tantrum. B/c that's what it is...a tantrum.

@moshe-I believe that Doc Baker is referring to EJ's request to keep Nicole out of it. Baker knows that it'd irritate Sami that EJ wants Nicole to not be involved.

Though, that's another point. Baker says that in front of Sami (I'm assuming) yet she doesn't question EJ about it? Or maybe that's to be continued...

Supposedly Sami doesn't hear him say it....You know how Days is about standing two feet away and "can't hear", but be across the room, or thru a foot thick oak door, can hear every word. LOLOL

I think the point is that Nicole lied to him;

Nicole has always lied to Brady and he is very aware of that. He knows what she is and much of what she has done but he still jumped into her bed. To quote the title of another thread: "Brady is a moron."

If he starts drinking again, he has no one to blame but himself. Brady has been on his holier-than-thou pedestal too long anyway. Maybe putting a little emotion in his character will make him less boring.

Love the actor but the character does nothing for me.

"Baker tells him to get his hands off him, unless he wants his girlfriend to learn his dirty little secret request."

Ok, what dirty little secret request is Doc Baker referring to? Thanks. :)

I think it refers to EJ telling him he will help Baker if he does not involve Nicole in any way. And I wish he would say to Sami - why don't you ask EJ WHY he doesn't me to involve Nicole?

Someone - anyone - has finally got to plant a seed of doubt in her mind about EJ. But she probably would not believe Baker anyhow LOL

Good luck finding them on Youtube... I tried 2 days ago and zip! I think they were all taken off due to copyright infringements?

@ Trey and KathyLu, believe me, I don't think Brady reacted appropriately, at all. And I agree that it isn't Nicole's fault that he's drinking again--though I thought he was a coke addict, not an alcoholic, though I guess he shouldn't drink either--but of course everyone in Salem will blame her. I'm just saying that while I don't like at all what Brady did, I can at least follow the thought process and understand why he "snapped."

@Steffee, no, offshore accounts in the Caymans are not in and of themselves illegal, though if they are used for illegal purposes you have a problem (i.e., tax evasion). I think the writers realized they had to claim the account was "illegal" or else Brady would look even stupider than he did dragging Nicole down to the copshop based on what he knew (nothing).

@ Paxton, I hear what you're saying about understanding his thought process. I guess I don't understand the extreme reaction to Nicole lying, b/c she's always lied and never claimed to be reformed.

@Poirot, thanks for the Sami clarification.

@Luv Days, everyone's told Sami about EJ, reminded her of what he did, and even still she chooses to defend him. Caroline, Roman, etc...they don't agree with her choices with EJ and tell her so. But, she's just too thick headed to actually listen to people who care more about her than her captor, er, I mean tormenter, er, I mean EJ.

I was hoping that the secret that Doc Baker was referring to was the fact that Sydney really was Nicole's baby or something similar. :(

try hulu.com to watch episodes from previous days. The site is like a portal to other sites with the majority of television shows etc.

I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here, but want to reply about watching previous shows. Hulu is a pretty good site. I sometimes have problems with it but that is probably my computer and my setup.

As for YouTube, here is my favorite site to watch Days. The shows are usually not posted the same day, but rather a day behind. i.e., right now I'm watching Thursday's show. Tomorrow I'll watch Fridays. But this site is good, videos load well, clarity and sound are good.

Nicole has always lied to Brady and he is very aware of that. He knows what she is and much of what she has done but he still jumped into her bed. To quote the title of another thread: "Brady is a moron."
If he starts drinking again, he has no one to blame but himself. Brady has been on his holier-than-thou pedestal too long anyway. Maybe putting a little emotion in his character will make him less boring.
Love the actor but the character does nothing for me.

That pretty well sums up what I think about it. I'll just add that while I like Nicole and don't like EJ, it seems to me that Brady is very much to Nicole what Sami is to EJ. Both are morons in that respect!

Are there no other lawyers in Salem?

I don't see how Justin could represent Hope or EJ represent Dr. Baker. Isn't that a conflict of interest seeing Justin was one of those mugged and EJ's daughter is involved in the baby switch, which Roman is accusing Dr. Baker of? Just curious.

She does not want a trial, she is pleading guilty, she will not have Ciara have to testify, won’t put her thru that.

We see Hope removing her rings, her necklace with the picture of Ciara. She kisses it, telling Bo to put it in a safe place.

Sounds like some really powerful scenes. Brought tears to my eyes - again.

If Melanie really cared about Brady as a friend she would never have left him alone at the pub to drink especially since she knows that he is a recovering addict.

Exactly!

though I thought he was a coke addict, not an alcoholic, though I guess he shouldn't drink either--but of course everyone in Salem will blame her.

You're right about Brady being a coke addict, not an alcoholic. It's my understanding that if someone is a recovering addict, they have to be careful with all addictive substances. So yeah, he probably shouldn't drink, especially when he's upset.

Today's show was another great episode showing all the emotions of each character. But when Carly showed up at the interrogation room door I could of put my hand through the television screen and yanked her head off right along with the writer who wrote the sceen. It did, although, provide Bo a reason for leaving the room and gave us another look at the contempt Hope feels deep down for what she feels Bo has done to their family. But still just to morph into the sceen for a second to close the door in Carly's face what satisfaction, but then that's just me.

The Salem police department is, as usual, right on the ball, letting EJ into the room with Dr. Baker. It was interesting also that EJ was holding the police files for the victims of the muggings, what an efficient department. Not to mention Sami's smug look when EJ was threatening the Doc. Or when she got home and said EJ should have killed Dr. Baker and ran off up the famous stairs to the attic as EJ stated said like a true DiMera. Another moment of wishful thinking if only I could have wiped that DiMera errogance off his face. Like I've said so many times before EJ is all about EJ. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode, what me invested in this fairy tale, you betcha.

Back