Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 10, 2012

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, December 10, 2012

Salem is getting ready for Christmas, decorations are up all over the square, and Santa is minding the kettle and ringing the Salvation Army bell. Will meets up with Sonny, who apologizes for giving him a hard time about Gabi's secret, he understands the why of it now. Will talks of how last Christmas he was here watching singers, and being a bit drunk and jealous. But this year, well, he already has what he wants. Along comes Chad, making his usual nasty remarks about Gabi. Will & Sonny get up and walk away, Chad follows, again running off at the mouth. The guys stop, turn, but Sonny stops Will, tells Chad to just stop it, that perhaps there is more to what went on that Chad knows. Will takes off, will see Sonny later. Sonny goes to his coffee shop, and soon Chad comes in. He evidently thinks Sonny should knows exactly the kind of person Gabi is, and then maybe he will hate her as much as Chad does. Sonny thinks he misses Melanie, and wants to blame someone else, instead of the person in the mirror. Chad decides to spill what he knows to Sonny, they are partners, and it is to stay just between them.

Meanwhile Nick & Gabi are in bed, exchanging vows of love. Nick thinks Gabi is wonderful, and regrets that his marriage proposal had him sounding as though he only wanted to marry her because of the baby, but that is not true. He jumps out of bed, gets on one knee, proposes to her. Gabi laughs, says yes. Nick doesn't have a ring, but pulls something on a chain out of a cloth bag he has. He says it is carbon which thru time, etc. turns into a diamond. She loves it, puts it on. He is promising to get her a diamond when he has saved a bit of money, but she says no, she loves this, it is perfect, special, just like him.

Sami sits with Rafe in Common Grounds, as she gushes over how things must be perfect for Nick & Gabi's wedding. Hope overhears, stops short...is this true. She is surprised, comments about them dating only a short time. She wonders what Rafe thinks, then goes on about the two only dating a short time, and Gabi really has not had hardly any boyfriends. She stops abruptly, looking at Sami, realizing that Will & Gabi dated once upon a time. She hastily excuses herself, she has to go do something.
Now Sami begins talking of plans for the wedding, Rafe is taken aback, what is she talking about. She brings out her clipboard & folders, talking of flowers, church, dresses, receptions, etc. Rafe says he only asked Sami to talk to Gabi, he didn't mean plan the wedding. But Sami is in 7th heaven, loves doing this, wants to, and begins asking him what sort of dreams Gabi had about her wedding as she was growing up. They talk about Arianna, the kind of dress Gabi wanted etc. They get up to leave, Rafe has to go talk to Father Tobias, arrange the church stuff. He thanks her for all she is doing.
Upstairs, Hope is knocking on the door, wanting to talk to Nick. Gabi & Nick are fully dressed, Gabi leaves, will be back. Hope wants to know why she heard from others about Nick getting married. Nick explains he was gonna tell Aunt Maggie tonight, and figured word would get around. Hope says obviously, it has already. She starts to say something about them not dating very long, Nick interrupts with a very blunt "Gabi is pregnant". 5 or 6 weeks now. Hope understands, Nick explains it just happened.

Over at the Pub, Caroline sits at a table as Johnny rushes in, followed by his father. She is glad to see Johnny, thanks EJ for bringing him, sends Johnny to the kitchen where EDDIE is making fingerprint cookies, needs a taster. She inquires about EJ's father, knows EJ is thinking of him. She begins talking about when one gets older, one realizes it is pointless to stay mad, accomplishes nothing. She notes that she realizes EJ loves his children very much, intimating that is how Stefano feels about his children. EJ lets her know he & Samanther are now working together. She makes a comment about how Sami is a lot like her, about how she loved Shawn, and she loved Victor.Just like Sami loves Rafe, and loves EJ. He comments that there is nothing going on between them. Caroline muses, but pointedly, how Victor eventually managed to turn his life around.
Later Caroline is talking with Gabi as Sami comes rushing in with her files and stuff, sits down, babbles about all she has been doing in planning the wedding. Gabi protests, only slightly. Sami suggests Abby as bridesmaid, is Nick's cousin, etc. Nick has joined them, Sami is suggesting Allie as flower girl. Gabi is delighted. Nick figures all he has to do is show up in his tux. Sami agrees, but now talks of his best man. Nick says he has a good friend, but he has 5 more years in prison to serve..and he is serious about this friend. Just then, Will comes in, Caroline turns, spots him, smiles and says...here is your best man now!

In the Square EJ is walking with Johnny, who spots Rafe, runs and hugs him. He wants to go talk to Santa, Rafe gives him a few dollars for the kettle, which causes EJ to pulls some money out of his pocket for Johnny to give as well. Johnny runs off, Rafe asks if he gave Johnny a 100 dollar bill. Nope, it was a five. They chat a bit, talk of Sami working with EJ, Rafe has his number, but EJ claims it is just a working relationship.
We see Johnny talking to Santa, saying that his sister wants a stroller for her doll, but he is thinking Santa won't know where to bring it, because they sleep in different houses with different chimneys. Will has happened by, hears this, flashes back to talking with Gabi about their baby perhaps having to bounce back and forth between homes. Johnny returns to his dad, says Santa answered his question, but thinks his letter many have gotten lost, mentioned his favorite cookies are snickerdoodles. He wonders what those are, EJ claims Johnny's mother has a recipe from her grandmother, and they will make them tomorrow. They take off, Johnny waving goodbye to Rafe.

And now over to Horton cabin, where Dr. Dan has diagnosed Jen with a bad appendix, has to get her to hospital NOW. The ferry is leaving, he orders Nicole to run and stop it, then gives Jen a shot for her pain, commenting it is lucky the Hortons sent all these supplies. Nicole returns with the bad news, ferry is gone, won't come again til tomorrow. That is too late, her appendix will burst and it could be fatal. He checks the supplies, and notes that everything he needs is in there. (amazing, huh) Nicole protests, no nurse, anesthetic, etc. Nope, the shining knight, I mean doctor, on his white horse to the rescue. He has her rummage up clean sheets, etc. then orders her to sterilize a case of instruments.
Later, he & Nicole, both wearing latex gloves, are attending Jennifer, who is under a sheet, but on the sofa. Another miracle, somehow, with no electricity, there is plenty of lights on in the cabin. Dr. Miracle gives Jen another shot, Jen is assuring him he will be fine, and doc is cleaning the area. A worried Nicole is handing him the instruments, and you all know what? Hey, with steady hands, and no mask over his face, the good doctor successfully removed the nasty appendix. Nicole is amazed too, noting that his hands never shook. Dan removes the gloves, looking at his hands. Jennifer murmurs, is a bit woozy, he asks if she misses her appendix. Not a bit, is glad it is gone. She moans and claims her heart hurts. He smiles, did not go anywhere near her heart. Yes, you did. She mumbles something about it being filled with love for him. Then murmurs, "I love you, Dan".

EJ claims Johnny's mother has a recipe from her grandmother
I really thought he said "your grandmother." I remember thinking, "Marlena or Susan?" and l-ing my 'a' off. :) But it could have been a flub or my ears, I was working on a script at the time and only partially paying attention.

Not a bad one today. Not great and the Dan scenes were a bore. I hope Jennifer slaps him silly for operating on her when he thought his hands were shaky. But of course she will swoon and love him for saving her life, now twice (gag me). I guess this will be their relationship from here on out, he can replace each of her organs on a semi-annual basis. Maybe someday we'll start to recognise her again.

Dr. Miracle gives Jen another shot
You are very funny, Poirot.

The scene with Santa/EJ/Will/Johnny was puke-inducing. They are really overusing the flashbacks - is that cheaper or something? I really don't buy that Will is willing to accept Nick's harebrained scheme for any reason other than his own insecurity.

Chad is too much. Can't he and Melanie reunite in Portugal or something?

EJ/Caroline - blech. If I owned a pub and someone did ONE TENTH of the things that EJ has done to NUMEROUS members of my family, I would bust a pint over his smarmy head.

"Gabi is pregnant". 5 or 6 weeks now.
Hmmm - okay I'll buy it. Time in Salem works on a sliding scale, after all. But won't anybody notice when the baby is born 6 weeks early, NOT premature at all? (Of course we know that won't be a problem.)

Nick was actually very winsome, when he proposed to Gabi. They should have showed this side of their relationship awhile ago. It would be a lot better if Nick and Gabi had waited to hit the sheets, and just let everyone THINK they had had sex, so we could have seen a real romance. One question: Why did they need to be so nude for most of the scene? Did someone slash the clothing budget? lmbo

EJ/Caroline - blech. If I owned a pub and someone did ONE TENTH of the things that EJ has done to NUMEROUS members of my family, I would bust a pint over his smarmy head.

:rotfl:

So, we now know that Gabi's full name is Gabriella Josephina Hernandez. Very pretty.

surprising that Days, after making such a positive statement about Will being gay, would feature the salvation army which is known to discriminate against gay folks who need assistance. Although, this is also coming from the same writers who think someone can perform an appendectomy in a cabin... so who knows!

About Gabi's pregnancy. She is about 3 months along, and they all agreed that folks would realize Nick was in prison then. So, they are saying 5-6 weeks, putting Nick in town. When the baby is born early and weighs 7 lbs. or so, they will say, it is probably lucky, because another 5 or 6 weeks, it would be 10 lbs. And that would be so hard on Gabi, yada, yada.

Thanks for the summary. Nothing on Days has been funny to me in a long time but I just laughed when I read about Daniel doing that surgery on Jennifer. That is so silly! But then you always have a way of telling things to make them amusing, Barb, and I do appreciate that. Otherwise, I might have simply been too disgusted by the surgery thing.

A couple of things about today's show....

I thought Santa was standing beside a sign and donation bowl that said something like "Give to a charity this Christmas" followed by Salem Gives ...so not necessarily the Salvation Army.

Very moving scene with Johnny & Santa when he says that he and his sister sleep in so many different places with different chimneys ...and he is worried that she won't get what she wished for, for her doll. Brought tears to my eyes.

Oh....have Gabi, Nick or Will ever wondered what they are going to say if the baby is born with blond hair?

Thought it was amusing to have Nick 'formally' proposing to Gabi in his boxer shorts - too funny!

Back