Days of Our Lives - Mon., Dec. 31, 2018

Why is Eve so vindictive? I don't remember why she left. Was it on bad terms with everyone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that Jack is back, can Eve leave and take Sarah and Stefan with her?
Maybe she can run them over.
Total rehash of when Steve returned from the dead and yes Will too. I hope its resolved quickly.
Hear, hear. We know he's alive, and why he wasn't back. NOW FIX IT. LOL
Let's pair him with someone else not named Kate and keep him around on recurring.
Also hear, hear. I like him but wish he had another name - I will always call him Shah - as long as he's recurring, is there any chance of Henry, Claire's friend, coming back? Probably not.

I thought it was odd too that we've had 2 recurring characters named Henry on the show in such a short timespan. Seems like someone didn't do their research.

Of course the show now has 2 Jacksons, 1 Jack Jr and a Thomas Jack.

I long for the day for her father, Shane, to come to Salem and to give her a good shaming and tongue lashing for her behavior.

This will most likely never happen on account of the miscast of Kassie Depaiva as Eve. She is only 2-3 years younger than Charles Shaughnessy(Shane) and while I know there are ample examples of shows where a parent actor is not much older than a child actor, in this case they do not have the looks to pull off father-daughter. They look more like potential lovers than father-daughter. Charlotte Ross(ex-Eve) was only 13 years younger than Charles Shaughnessy(Shane) but she looked much younger so they were able to pul it off. Similar situation with Lauren Koslow(Kate) and Bryan Dattilo(Lucas).

The show can't make up its mind which name to use. JJ was named Jack Patrick at birth. His original ornament says "Jack Patrick", then the next year it was changed to "Jack Jr." and JJ refers to himself as Jack Jr.

d99b643881e8a325b5e2972ad205f0bd.jpg

But on July 23, 2018, when Jennifer met with the social worker who found the drugs in JJ's apartment, she said:
Kevin: What's the child's name?

Jennifer: Jack Patrick Deveraux. You searched his apartment when you were doing a check on Theresa Donovan's living arrangements.

And on December 18, 2017, when JJ was cleared of Theo's shooting, Rafe said:
Abe: Well? What does it say?

Rafe: "Therefore, on consideration of the findings of a thorough investigation, the Department of Internal Affairs officially clears Detective Jack Patrick Deveraux of any wrongdoing in the shooting of Theodore Brandon Carver."

Guess if they called him Jack, it would have confused with his dad, & JJ sounded better than JP, Besides, the show doesn't mention Patrick at all, do they?

And......just to clarify, Lauren Koslow is 18 yrs. older than Bryan Dattilo (Kate/Lucas), but is supposed to be the mother, too, of the much older Austin & Billie.

Besides, the show doesn't mention Patrick at all, do they?
I think Bonnie mentioned him in passing one of the last times she was on, but that's about it.

Frances Reid (Alice) was only 14 years older than the actor who played Tommy Horton, and 7 years older than the actress who played Addie Horton.

Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) is completely gray now, so I don't think there would be any issue with him and Kassie dePaiva (Eve) doing scenes together.

Kassie dePaiva (Eve) is only 7 years older than Charlotte Ross (original Eve). Charles is 6 years older than Kassie and 13 years older than Charlotte.

Lauren Koslow (Kate) is only 10 years older than Lisa Rinna (Billie).

Len Cariou plays Tom Selleck's dad on Blue Bloods and he's only 6 years older than Tom.

His given name is Jack Jr. He's introduced himself twice this week as Jack Jr...
Nope. His given name, as Just Samantha stated, is Jack Patrick Deveraux. (I thought of the incidents you quoted, JS, but didn't feel like researching them. Thanks.)

I don't care if he calls himself the King of Siam, until/unless it's mentioned on the show that his name has been legally changed to Jack, Jr., he is Jack Patrick.

Last edited:
Thanks, Poirot. I finally found time to watch the show.

The way Eve was talking to Haley, I was surprised Eve didn't mentioned
she slept with JJ. I guess Eve's big plan was just to bring down Jen-Jen.

What an interesting way Jack came back. Will we find out where Eve
found him and where he's been the whole time? Was he part of Dr Rolf's
experiments like Will was?

Are Eve and Jack sleeping in the same bed?

Will Eli remember where he's seen Jack's picture when he's making out
with Lani?

What's Steve going to do when he finds out Jack is back?

Will we ever see Dr Shah again? Poor guy dumped by Jennifer twice.

Is Jack really Jack or someone that looks like him? It's Salem :)

She left mainly because Brady dumped her but it is her very nature to be nasty and vindictive, in my opinion.
She did not leave because Brady dumped her. He forgave her for the Tate custody battle stuff and they were on their way to a reconciliation when he got back from Nashville. She left and dumped Brady because he admitted he slept with Kristen. Since Kristen had recently tried to kill her and half of Brady’s family, Eve couldn’t forgive him and left town. She also lost Basic Black so she felt like she had nothing left.

Oh my gosh! My Jack is BACK!! I've been waiting for this moment for 6 years! I really hope it moves along and he's not an amnesiac for 6 months and he moves out of Eve's orbit asap. Cannot wait for Abby to see him and I am sooo happy that Kate Mansi is back playing Abby for this reunion.

Charles Shaughnessy (Shane) is completely gray now, so I don't think there would be any issue with him and Kassie dePaiva (Eve) doing scenes together.

Agree to disagree. I think she looks her age.

Seems like they use Jack Patrick for his legal name, but that JJ uses Jack Jr. informally.

This is how I view it as well. Pretty sure he's always gone by JJ though so maybe that's why he informally uses Jack Jr.

She did not leave because Brady dumped her. He forgave her for the Tate custody battle stuff and they were on their way to a reconciliation when he got back from Nashville. She left and dumped Brady because he admitted he slept with Kristen. Since Kristen had recently tried to kill her and half of Brady’s family, Eve couldn’t forgive him and left town. She also lost Basic Black so she felt like she had nothing left.

You're right, Hurricane. I'd forgotten about the business with Kristen. I'd just as soon forget both Kristen and Eve.

Pretty sure he's always gone by JJ though so maybe that's why he informally uses Jack Jr.
As a baby, they called him Jack Jr., or sometimes Jack referred to him as just Junior. Wasn't until he was older (off screen) that he was called JJ.

He was named on 11/4/2004:

Jennifer: "Jack." That is -- that is the perfect name.

Jack: You think so? I'm kinda partial myself. I mean, I know you got another list out there somewhere from when Abigail was coming along. And if you think another one's better...

Jennifer: No, I don't think it's better because if it was a girl, it was gonna be Jacqueline.

Jack: Jacqueline?

On 12/22/04, JJ was given his middle name:

Patrick: Okay, um, what is it that could change my life forever?

Jennifer: When Jack and I were on the island, we talked about all the things we wanted to do when we came home, and one of those things was to decide who we wanted our son's godparents to be. And of course I want Hope to be my son's godmother. And Jack and I decided that we would like you to be our son's godfather.

Patrick: Uh...

Jennifer: What do you think?

Patrick: Yeah. I mean, if that's what you both decided... yeah. I mean, I would be honored to be your son's godfather.

Jennifer: Oh, that's great, Patrick. Thank you. Thank you. And listen, there's one more thing. Jack wasn't really keen on having a junior, but I insisted that our son's name had to be Jack. And he said, "okay, well, it can't be the same middle name then," so we came up with a new middle name, and we decided on Patrick.

Patrick: Jennifer, you really didn't have to do that.

Jennifer: Patrick, my son wouldn't even have been born if it weren't for you. I wouldn't even be alive today if it weren't for you. I would have never made it to the island to see my husband again. Don't you realize everything that you've done for us? Jack Patrick Deveraux. That is -- that is such a good name. It's so strong. I hope you don't mind.

Patrick: I don't even know what to say.

[Both laugh]

On 1/6/05, Jack managed to get out of the DiMera castle and called Jennifer, but got the answering machine. She and Jack both refer to JJ as Jack Jr.

Jennifer's voice: Hey, we can't get to the phone now, but you can leave a message after the beep for Jen, Abby, or even Jack Jr., and we'll get back to you.

Jack: Jennifer, it's me. It's me, it's Jack. I'm alive. And I'm coming home to you. I-I don't know how yet, but I'm going to do it. There's nobody here I can trust, but I'm gonna find a way. I'm coming back to you and Abigail and Jack Jr. That's a promise.

On 1/7/05, Jennifer is talking to Alice and says this:

Jennifer: Yeah, and he's great. And he's great with Jack Jr. He's great with Abby. Abby adores him. And her little friend Chelsea -- she is really taken with Patrick.

So even though he was named Jack Patrick at birth, they called him Jack Jr. from the beginning. When Jennifer returned for Alice's funeral, she referred to him as Jack Jr. (I was going through the transcripts) But when Jack returned in 2011, he referred to him as JJ. Then when JJ returned as a teen in 2013, he went by JJ Deveraux.

Back