Days of Our Lives Mon., Feb. 10, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, Feb. 10, 2020

Lots of flashbacks today to tell the tales of events we did not see, plus, yep, eye-rolling galore. And so we begin with replays of Steveano & Hattie kissing, she is ripping his clothes, then backs off, cannot do this. Steveano insists she can, John is dead. Oh, not John, Roman, always been Roman. He is shocked, surprised, then the realization hits, you are not Marlena. Takes him a minute or two, she is Hattie Adams. She admits it, he says she must have had help, she is silent, he knows could not be Rolf, too loyal. Not Gina, she is after John. Who else knew?? ....ahhh, Kate. He blabbers on about them both being waitresses, etc. etc. He is furious, she is going to pay.

Meanwhile, Chad & Abby sit in the square, talking over the Stefano portrait, (featuring Steve) Abby trying to reach Hope, without success, finally deciding that since the lair is no longer a crime scene, they should go check it out. They arrive at the door, locked, Chad evidently pulls out a credit card, Abby disbelieving it would work, it does jimmy open the door, they go in to find Steveano strangling Hattie. Both rush over, Chad pulls Stevano off Hattie, wonder what has come over Steve. Aaah, Stevano says you cannot do that, my son, (eye-rolling here) as he does his claiming to be Stefano, Hattie confirms, Chad is dumbfounded.

Then we have Kate admitting to Rafe that she has known about Steveano for some time, Gina as well, he cannot believe she said nothing, she says doesn't matter now, I am here. In the course of this nonsense she brags of doing a switch, of finding Marlena tied up somewhere, talking Hattie into taking her place, and bringing Marlena to Prague to find John. Rafe is not happy, of course, but Kate insistent, she calls Marlena, no answer, they take off for the hotel, empty room. Marlena must have gotten a lead, he notes pad of paper, figures Marlena wrote something, shade it with pencil.. Voila....an address.

Replay of Gina threatening to kill John if she cannot have him, no one will, Marlena bursting in, get away from him, you B****. The women argue a bit, Gina is threatening her (more eye-rolling). Marlena says Gina won't get away with it, John will hunt her down to ends of earth, make her pay. Suggests getting away, taking Marlena hostage.

Later, Rafe & Kate burst in, empty room except for the drugged John.

Clyde is still trying to cut thru the wire fence, alarms go off, Clyde realizes bed check showed Ben gone, he finally cuts thru last place, pushing Ben trru. Ben wants him to go first, Clyde urges him. Guard comes, shot fired, Ben hit in leg, Clyde gets him thru, has his own gun, guard says put down, he does, Ben gets away.

Ciara is pacing at the Kmansion, nervous, constant flashbacks of her telephone conversation with Clyde, who makes arrangements with her, unknown to Ben, to help them once they are out. Girlie is only person he can trust. She notes it is now after dark, as she keeps looking out window, having her flashbacks.

Chad finally believes Steveano is Stefano, but says he is still going to have to take him in to police. Steveano pulls a gun, lots of blather about family, Steveano having talked of getting the company, ousting Gabi, making Chad CEO, even showing the ring, which is Chad's inheritance. Chad won't take him in, family, blah, blah. Abby speaks up that Chad's family is her, and their children now. Steveano is angry, tells of her killing son Andre, Chad's brother, having sex with another of Chad's brother, she is a *bleep*. And while he may not kill Chad, he has not problem killing her, (gun pointed at her). Chad pushes her behind him, if he does, will never ever forgive him. Stevano makes a break for the door, Chad goes after him, they struggle, shot rings out. Steveano is wounded.

Ben is in the woods, a flimsy tourniquet around his leg. He pulls out a piece of paper, this has to be the place. A bright light shines in his face. Tis the headlight of Ciara's motorcycle. Hi!

I cannot wait for this Gina-Stefano garbage to be over. I just love how Kate is all "oh it doesn't matter how long I knew, I'm telling you now!" She will get away with it again.

I have to say I loved it when Abigail said "you won't shoot your son" and Stefauxno said "no, but I wouldn't mind shooting you" Loved it!

I will be glad when Ben in jail and going to be executed is over too. 3 weeks? In real life they are on death row for 10 years! I know he has escaped but I hope they just end it and find out who killed Jordan. I'm hoping it's not who we all think. I hope its a better story than that.

@Lil0....is hard to tell, isn't it. Rafe, Kate, Marlena, John, Gina, Roman, all in Prague currently.
Chad, Abby. Steveano, Hattie in Salem
Same for Ciara, and Ben, I guess, since they have now hooked up.

And yes, sure do hope this week will be the end of Gina & Stefano, but who knows? There was a lot going on, a lot of jumping around, but a lot of me either yelling at the TV, or laughing, rolling eyes.

I have to say that Deidre Hall (Marlena/Hattie) did a bang up job on today's show. I've never been on board with the doppelganger stories but I am enjoying Hattie and Marlena. I do believe that if Chad and Abby hadn't arrived when they did that Stevano would have lost that fight. That being said, I will be glad when some of this nonsense gets wrapped up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would really, really, really like a storyline that we couldn't figure out in the first few seconds. We all thought that Evan was David's father right from the get-go and we knew that it was Hattie tied up in that chair, not Marlena.

Please, writers, give us a plot that will keep us guessing right up to the very end!

I'd be surprised if it was anybody other than Evan, baby David's nanny.
At this point, me, too. Because we know Days has absolutely no budget for additional actors. Unless it's revealed that a Dancing Extra killed Jordan.
And hopefully Evan is David's baby-daddy, too.
I really want something more creative, but have no evidence that there's more than 1/5th of Doug Marland's talent in the current Days writers' room. With this sloppy writing, the obstacle separating Will/Sonny and Ben/Ciara is done in one fell swoop. (Speculation only.)

Do we know who killed anyone on this show?
Deimos.... they settled on Nicole but even that is sketchy with the drugs and everyone else who was charged with the murder....
Stefano.... we SAW Hope do this.... but did she?
Andre/Tony.... Gabi? Abby? someone else????

My money is on Summer..... Jordan owed her money.... or some lame story..... then Summer came to town feeling all guilty :):) wanting to confess to her fake mother about it so she could get Ben out of jail but well that didn't go well.....

Thanks, Poirot.

Today was gun day. Stevano and Rafe had one. There were three at the prison.

Hattie told Stevano he wasn't a super genius since he didn't figure out she
wasn't Marlena.

I enjoyed the ending with Chad and Stevano. Stevana called out Abby for killing his
son Andre and sleeping with another brother.

The prison that Ben, Clyde and Will are at must be run by Salem cops. The only
thing
Ben had to do was crawl out of fence. Was there tall wall surrounding the fence?

Kate must not read or watch mysteries. She had no idea you can trace over
blank
paper and see what someone wrote from the missing page.

I've been down and out with a bad cold for the past week and haven't had the energy to chime in on the nonsense in Salem, but now that I'm feeling better, here goes.

Steve-ano continues to show that he's a pathetic excuse for the real thing.
He was actually outwitted by Hattie Adams.
He was really going to shoot somebody himself, rather than leave it to an underling.
His son, Chad, dared to manhandle and restrain him. (EJ and Andre wouldn't have dared lay a finger on the mighty Phoenix.)

On the subject of pathetic excuses, the depiction of the prison break was so bad that it was right up there with the Black jet crashing in the Greenland forest. Clint Eastwood breaking out of Alcatraz it wasn't. If all that separates inmates from freedom is a single wire fence that's right next to a building and an inept guard or two, it's surprising that Will and Little Joey Johnson aren't making regular unauthorized weekend home visits. They'd have done a lot better to just have Ben go though the hole in the fence with a blanket while Clyde explained how to get over the razor wire atop the next fence while avoiding the floodlights, and then have the scene shift to him running through the woods and finally ending up in the arms of a waiting Ciara.

Back