Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 17, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 17, 2020

This could have been a really great episode...hard to believe they would drag it out as long as they did......and it isn't over yet. Two stories only, Eli/Gabi wedding, plus Will/Sonny mostly remembering Valentine's Day last year.

Present day, Sonny calls Gabi's cell, leaves nice message from him & Ari. Will lays on his bunk in the prison cell, writing in a journal to Sonny. Sonny sits on the sofa, after getting a news flash about the prison being on lockdown after the escape of Ben Weston, who is still at large. They both take turns remembering last year.

Sonny gifted Will with a trip “next Spring” to Costa Rica, plus an E.M. Forster manual typewriter he got at an auction. Will is thrilled with both. Now Sonny gifts with something else, ice skates. Will is not thrilled, Sonny talks him into it, they evidently go ice skating, we see them return, Sonny all hurting as he evidently fell doing double axle or something. Lots of yakking about Will just skating around, Sonny doing twists and turns, jumps, with Sonny talking of how long he practiced beforehand. They do some sweet talking on the sofa, Will gifts Sonny with a pair of journals, one for each of them, they should write letters to each other every day, how they are feeling, etc. and then give each other the letters next Valentine's day.

Sonny pulls his out, just as Evan comes in, with a single rose. He heard Ari was sick and Sonny stayed home from the wedding. Ari has ear infection, running a fever, but is better. Evan knows Sonny has to be thinking of Will, asks if he is taking the letters to him. Nope, prison on lockdown. Evan heard about that, mentions David on playdate, Sonny mentioning Will did not file divorce papers, tho wanted the divorce. Evan takes his leave. Will closes his journal, crosses his arms, stares off into space. Sonny begins writing in his, mentioning he has not written in the journal since his mother died. He says he has always loved Will, and doesn't know what is coming next, but will always love him, it will never stop.

Over in the square, a replay of the entire vow recitals, Lani coming out, telling Julie not to say another word. This is soooo dragged out, and it is forever before Lani finally spits out the why. Lots of beating around the bush. Eli, Gabi & even Julie are all telling her to leave, but she is blaming Gabi for leaving Eli at the altar, Gabi made her do it, Gabi says she is lying, Julie berates Lani for how she treated Eli.

They all talk of her being a nun, staying in convent, yada, yada. Lani takes off the headdress, and the habit, says she never did become a nun. Rafe has tried to get her to leave, she tells him none of his affair, sit down. LOL It just goes on and on, lots of reaction shots of the guests (Eli's mom, Valerie, is especially good at it). At last JJ speaks up, telling Lani to tell them all, Lani tells of the app on Gabi's phone.

Well, Abby has Gabi's phone & purse, Gabi rushes over, grabs the phone, back up on the platform. She is still telling Eli it is all a lie, Lani just jealous, but Lani goes on, how Gabi threatened to kill Julie, even gave her a demonstration. Julie remembers that time in hospital when that happened. Gabi is still trying to get out of it, but JJ speaks up, tells how Lani came to him for his help, how he tried to disable the app, but couldn't.

Valerie confirms the technology is there, but not for that purpose. Julie begins accusing Gabi, how she never changed, still the same horrible person. Gabi gets mad, zaps Julie, she nearly falls over, talks of her heart racing. Now Gabi starts blaming Lani for killing Stefan. Lani replies that Gabi figured she lost her man, so was going to take mine. Julie really starts in, tho is sitting down, Abby holding her, telling Gabi to go ahead, kill her, calling her a black-haired witch, Gabi presses hard on her phone, zapping full strength. Julie falls back, Rafe goes up, trying to grab the phone, what are you doing? Gabi swings the phone away from him.... (nope, you aren't taking this)

They are dragging this out and so much replay? I thought Gabi would just deny deny deny. But Abigail couldn't manage to hold onto Gabi's purse. And why did Lani come in the nun habit if she was just going to strip it off? Seems dumb.

Why so many Will and Sonny memories? Is it leading somewhere? Otherwise, seems very unnecessary.

Gack.

I've commented enough on the silliness of all - but really, I've never mentioned how annoying this "nun"-sense habit act is. Lani showing up in the habit is pure pointless visual spectacle. It's the cheapest form of drama outside of a Jerry Springer show set.

My soap just went to black for the last 4 minutes. What did I miss at the end? I'm sure it will start tomorrow with the end. So glad Lani finally did the right thing. Maybe it was worth the wait. Sure did drag out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last 4 minutes was Julie taunting Gabi, who zapped her big time, Julie falling, Rafe trying to get phone from Gabi. Since they replayed the entire vow thing from Friday, they will undoubtedly replay it tomorrow - the ending I mean. This is sweeps month, and I think the last week.........to drag an episode out like this seems ridiculous. It is still Valentine's Day, and will still be V-day on Wednesday.

This wasn't as entertaining as it should have been. It took Lani way too long to finally spill the beans. When Eli told her to get to the point I agreed with him.

Miss Gold Digger just attempted murder someone in front of 30 people but I'm sure tomorrow she's going cry about how she can't go to prison again and be way from her daughter. The daughter she only uses as a get out of jail free card. We've seen it before.

Well, I enjoyed the episode, BUT the fact that Lani spilled the beans in public and all watched while Gabi demonstrated the app just magnifies how ridiculous it is that it took her a whole year to do this!!! And what the heck is wrong with Rafe?!! Does he not have some cop skills that would help him gain the upper hand and get that phone away from his sister???????

He should have whipped out his taser and gave her a blast, attempted murder in the presence of 30 people and a police officer warrants the use of a taser.
Of course he should have, but he's a Salem P.D. officer, a member of a force whose motto is: "When things get tough, we do nothing." Foolish Lani could have stopped Gabi's idiot plot in its tracks at its outset, but she just rolled over and played dead dead until running off to join the faux order of nuns. All things considered, this "wedding" set a new standard for absurdity.
  • Endless blather by one and all.
  • Lani needlessly dressing as a nun only to ditch her habit. (What was wrong with that floppy hat and coat?)
  • Gabi stupidly neglecting the security of her fatal phone, allowing Abigail to get her paws on it.
  • Julie's foolish defiance of Gabi complete with her trademarked brand of invective (does she have a death wish?).
  • Gabi zapping Julie with a deadly weapon (the phone app) in front of a whole crowd of witnesses.

Nick Fallon's ghost: See Julie, you were right all along; Gabi is a horrid little witch. If it weren't for her, I'd still be here to celebrate Valentine's Day:

vlWD5Of.png

Well, I enjoyed the episode, BUT the fact that Lani spilled the beans in public and all watched while Gabi demonstrated the app just magnifies how ridiculous it is that it took her a whole year to do this!!! And what the heck is wrong with Rafe?!! Does he not have some cop skills that would help him gain the upper hand and get that phone away from his sister???????
Rafe has never been the bright. He's more like the moron he was in the other soap, Passions. I think he was a cop on that show, too. This time he couldn't believe his little sister could do such an awful thing.

Nick Fallon's ghost: See Julie, you were right all along; Gabi is a horrid little witch. If it weren't for her, I'd still be here to celebrate Valentine's Day:

vlWD5Of.png
I never liked him and certainly don't miss him

The last 4 minutes was Julie taunting Gabi, who zapped her big time, Julie falling, Rafe trying to get phone from Gabi. Since they replayed the entire vow thing from Friday, they will undoubtedly replay it tomorrow - the ending I mean. This is sweeps month, and I think the last week.........to drag an episode out like this seems ridiculous. It is still Valentine's Day, and will still be V-day on Wednesday.
Thanks for filling me in. It went black with about a minute to go and came back for the commercials

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Poirot.

I enjoyed the episode, but the Gabi reveal shouldn't have taken so long. In fact,
the way it worked out, Lani should have done something at her wedding.

I wish we could have seen Will and Sonny skate.

Too bad Evan had to
show up when Sonny was thinking about last year's Valentine's
Day. It was nice to hear Sonny tell Will he still loves him.

It didn't take long for Julie to change her tune about Gabi. In fact, she
believed
what Lani said before anyone else did.

Does anyone know what Lani was wearing under her habit? Is it a dress? Her
undergarments? Whatever it is, I wouldn't wear it especially in public :)

So, it's a dress. It does look nice, but I'm too old to wear something like that :)

Was there a specific reason Sonny read Victor's Valentine's Day card to Maggie? "I will always put you first ... in everything I do."

I wonder if that is foreshadowing Sonny putting the puzzle pieces together that Victor knew Maggie caused the accident, covered it up, and sent Will to prison? Especially when Will is released and they get back together, but there's always this awkward tension and slight resentment between Will and Victor.

Since I don't care Sonny and Will, I thought they would never get to the confession. Thank heaven the truth is finally out. I'm wondering how they will get Julie's heart back to normal, if there is a code or whatever to reverse the action?

Back