Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 4, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, February 4, 2019

Hope pesters and pesters, pushes, demands, with Ted chiming in now and then, for Marlena to divulge her session with Ben. Marlena refuses, citing the patient/client confidentiality rule. Hope presses, Ted threatens to get court order. Marlena gets up, is leaving, go ahead, do whatever you have to do. Now Hope begs as a mother, really digs in, and Marlena caves a bit, after Ted brings up “danger to himself or others”. She admits Ben is taking his meds, but missed a a couple. Hope latches onto this, is off his meds, oh my gosh. (yes, this is all carried to extremes). Marlena leaves, Hope thanks Ted for helping, gets a text (did not know cops text!) that one of her officers found the motel where Ben is staying. They rush over there, and really toss that room apart, finding nothing.

Claire comes to see Tripp, who won't talk to her, she pleads, is sorry, makes all the excuses. Tripp hears her out, says he cannot be mad at her as she did to him what he did to Ciara. She mentions a song she was able to finish, that thinking of Tripp helped her with, pulls out her phone or recorder, some ear plugs, they listen, he thinks it good, we don't hear it. Now he is all cozy, talking of going back to the apt. after his shift ends, he will help her with more inspiration. She agrees, but tells him about “Ciara's mother” calling her, Ciara left South Africa, is back in town.

John is shocked to see that Leo's mother is in actuality, the same Diana Colville he knew years ago. They supposedly are catching up. But she seems to know all about him. She called him Roman, he told her his real name, she already knew it, had checked up on him, blah, blah. Cooper is her husband's name. (don't know if she is still married). They talk of Leo, of Will & Sonny's great love, and Leo putting them thru hell. She will have a talk with Leo. She admits meeting Marlena, doesn't say where, knows they are married for 3rd time now. It is mentioned them being together when Marlena was “away” (she says “dead”. ) Knock, knock, tis Leo, who is taken aback, seeing John, what is he doing here. Are they talking about him behind his back? He gets to realize they knew each other long ago. John leaves, Leo questions his mom, is she still in love with this guy?

Ben returns, very surprised to find Ted & Hope tossing his room. She barrages him with questions, he has no idea what she is talking about, Ciara is out of the country, you told me that yourself. Now he learns Ciara is missing, Hope tells him she talked to Marlena, knows he is off his meds. He does get ticked off, Hope has no business talking to his shrink, Marlena had no business violating the client/patient confidentiality, the heck with them all. He talks of pressing charges, against them all. Ted pops up with the “danger to yourself and others” bit before Ben leaves the room.

John comes into the Pub, Marlena at a table, joins her. She asks how it all went, he tells of finding Leo's mother. She says she did, too, tells of meeting her in the square, being recognized for the radio show, etc. John then tells of her being Diana Colville, from years ago. Marlena wonders why she did not tell Marlena that, John replying Diana wanted to spare her feelings. Marlena thinks it was something more.

Over at the club, 2 goons have come in with guns drawn, determined to make Chloe pay for killing El Fideo. One takes the knife that was in the envelope. Chloe is frightened, She & Stefan standing back to back. Stefan starts talking of how angry his father will be if she is harmed, or himself. Then says his father is Stefano DiMera. Oh, these guys heard of him. Stefan goes on, about how upset Stefano would be, and one doesn't want to be on his wrong side. One of the guys decides he is out, and leaves. The other claims Stefano has not been seen or heard from in a long time, so he will take his chances. He is pushing Chloe away from Stefan, she is saying not to hurt Stefan. But he has a letter opener he picked up secretly off the table, and disarms the thug, down he goes. Chloe rushes to him, glad he is o.k. Stefan stupidly lets the guy lay there on the floor, not taking the gun.....and bingo, the guy is awake, gun aimed at Chloe and Stefan, shot rings out, Chloe jumps.

And while all this is going on, 50 scenes (yes, exaggerating) of the tied up, blindfolded and gagged Ciara, straining at her bonds, her leather gloved captor stroking her hair, caressing her cheek, then removing the gag. Ciara pleads not to hurt her, promising to not say a word to anyone, let her go. The kidnapper gags her again. Ciara sobs, evidently the kidnapper leaves the place, she strains, pulls at the ropes tying her arms and legs to the bedposts. Someone comes in, a female, long hair, a coat. She removes the gag, then the blindfold. Ciara looks up, gratefully...........a look of relief on her face. Jordan!

Will admit the show was not doing great at keeping my attention. There was one long, long, long flashback Claire had, of when Ben spilled the beans to Tripp about Claire having him team up with her to break up him & Ciara, Tripp leaving, and then her convo with Ben. Sheesh.
And then the overdoing of the scenes of Ciara tied to the bed. And the over the top Hope constantly insisting on proving Ben has taken Ciara, yada, yada.

Yes! That flashback was way too long! All they needed to show was her and Ben arguing and him grabbing her. Not the whole part with Tripp!!

Hope is freaking unbelievable!! First she pesters Marlena until she does share some things she shouldn't have, then breaks into Ben's apartment! Way to throw Marlena under the bus too!! I hope this doesn't stop Ben from getting help. I also hope he goes to the mayor and tells him that Hope and Ted broke into his apartment!! Ted lies to Ben that Marlena said he was a danger!!! She said the exact opposite of that!! So tired of Hope being after Ben!!

Ugh don't like that Stefan said Stefano was still alive. I assume he was doing it to scare those guys. I hope the show won't go there because I am one of the ones that thinks no one else could be Stefano. Stefan not that bright, after he stabbed the guy you could clearly see the gun in his belt. Umm take it so he can't use it?

Jordan? This should, hopefully, be interesting.

Thank you for that summary, Poirot. It seems like it could be an interesting episode if they wouldn't drag out some scenes like that. But I'm so disappointed that Marlena caves in and violates her privacy code. I like when she's strong and stands up against pressure to do that.

Hope is just not someone I enjoy watching at all anymore. I used to like her.

Tripp and Claire deserve each other. I used to like him. Wish they would take him out of Claire's (and Ciara's) orbit. He might do well with Haley, if he must be with a girl. I like him when he's not in a romantic situation.

I think those are usually slip-ups by the writers, using the past tense to talk about him sometimes. Because right now, everybody except Steve and Shane believes Stefano is alive and "out there somewhere". Kind of like how they wrote that Kimberly was "still dying" a few weeks ago when the last we heard, she was getting better. Ron Carlivati tweeted later that "still dying" should have never been included in the dialogue.

Must admit I thought Stefan was purposely lying.....He always talks to that portrait of Stefano as Stefano being dead.
And how else does Chad have Stefano's ring, if he is not dead??

As to that super long flashback. I am guessing they wanted to show (to those who had not seen the episode) the WHY Ben confronted Claire. She out and out lied, tried to deny, say Ben was lying, then finally admitted he was telling the truth. It was her idea, he told her it was not right, she insisted, and then wanted to throw him under the bus. She was not afraid of him, tho, not in the least.

And I am repeating myself.....Hope is over the top, and gone too far. She is so fixated on blaming Ben for everything, she won't even bother doing any other checking.
Ben won't report her because she is Ciara's mother. Guessing again.

Will admit the show was not doing great at keeping my attention. There was one long, long, long flashback Claire had, of when Ben spilled the beans to Tripp about Claire having him team up with her to break up him & Ciara, Tripp leaving, and then her convo with Ben. Sheesh.
And then the overdoing of the scenes of Ciara tied to the bed. And the over the top Hope constantly insisting on proving Ben has taken Ciara, yada, yada.

I think I will skip this episode but appreciate your warning.........er, summary.

Here's how I picture the 911 call to the Salem PD about the thug in Doug's Place:

Chloe: Come to the club, quick, there was a guy trying to kill me.

Hope: It was Ben, I just know it. I'll be there to arrest him.

Chloe: No, it wasn't Ben, it was some guy out to avenge Mateo's death.

Hope: Yes, I know it's Ben and I'll be there immediately to arrest him.

Chloe: You're not listening to me! It's NOT Ben!

Hope: I'm on my way to arrest Ben for attacking you.

I was surprised that Claire and Tripp had a mature discussion and both admitted to being wrong. The flashback was ridiculous though. All that progress that Marlena and Ben made has gone down the drain. I can’t believe Marlena did that. Hope is becoming too cartoonish now. This is ultimate character destruction, and her new sidekick isn’t helping her. It is one thing to snoop on Ben, but to be a total idiot about it is just unfathomable. She’s the police commissioner. She could’ve gotten any lackey to do that.

I can't believe Marlena spilled some beans. It's not up to her discretion whether she shares patient information. It's illegal. She'll lose her license. Why are they acting like this is just a choice for her to make? And it's totally ruined the trust between her and her patient. It doesn't make sense that she would do that. And for Hope to actually tell Ben? How does that help him stay sane? Argh. So unrealistic.

And me my coffee....still am laughing.!!!

Would you not just love to see Judge Judy hear all that Hope has done, Ted, too....Oh, not in small claims court, a regular one. She has no patience with stupidity, and law bending, let alone breaking.
That said, I really wish Salem would get a really competent attorney, one that knows the criminal law. I hate that the attorneys in Salem are unable to win a case, especially when viewers with NO legal background poke holes into whatever defense comes forward to say.

I remember John Clarke (Mickey) laughing over the fact Mickey never wins a case. Same goes for Justin. Oh, corporate stuff is fine, they all are fine with that, including Carrie & Belle. But even Ted, who could have been the one, has now switched. (of course it would help if the judges were not bought and paid for).

Bo Brady would've been so proud of her breaking into Ben's room like that. Makes me miss the "Bo Brady is a Criminal" threads!
Amen. My first thoughts when crooked Hope and her little shyster helper broke into Ben's motel room were about arch-felon Bo Brady, the master of illegal searches. Of course, compared to Bo, Ted and Hope are rank amateurs. If memory serves, nobody ever walked in on Bo while he was engaged in one of his famous break-ins. In other developments:

Turnabout is Fair Play: How does Leo like being the object of a possible plot rather than the one who's doing the plotting?

Fear the Phoenix?: Stefan Zero needs to fabricate some news that Stefano is still alive and active. After all, one of the Noodle's fan expressed his doubts about the continued existence of the Phoenix. Perhaps, he should flip Xander some bucks (he always needs money) to post on his Facebook page some gripping commentary about extra-legal assignments that he's carried out for Stefano.

Get the Gun: Haven't Chloe or Zero ever seen teen horror films where the bad guy magically springs back into action after appearing to be dead? If they had, they'd have immediately grabbed the big cannon that was on the hip of the Noodle lover whom McPerv had just skewered.

Here's how I picture the 911 call to the Salem PD about the thug in Doug's Place:

Chloe: Come to the club, quick, there was a guy trying to kill me.

Hope: It was Ben, I just know it. I'll be there to arrest him.

Chloe: No, it wasn't Ben, it was some guy out to avenge Matteo's death.

Hope: Yes, I know it's Ben and I'll be there immediately to arrest him.

Chloe: You're not listening to me! It's NOT Ben!

Hope: I'm on my way to arrest Ben for attacking you.
Great stuff, JS. Here are a few other Hope-Ben scenarios.

St. Luke's Academy Secretary: Somebody just chalked "Father Louis Is a Doodyhead" on the sidewalk right outside the school.
Hope: It must be Ben. He has no respect for anything or anybody. I'm on the case.

Little Old Lady: Please help. My cat, Mr. Whiskers, is missing. I'll bet somebody catnapped him.
Hope: It's Ben again. I always knew he was anti-pet. I'll get right on this.

Salem Laundromat Attendant: We've had a theft. A customer's laundry bag has been stolen. Her husband's best boxer shorts were in it.
Hope: That's Ben. He must be looking for some clean clothes. I'll start a search for him right away.

Salem Inn Desk Clerk: Something's fishy. I just saw creepy Leo Stark go up to a room.
Hope: He's meeting Ben. The two of them are up to no good. I'm on my way to make an arrest.

I always preferred the guest/recurring attorneys like the one that Lucas had when Sami lied about him hitting Will, the slimeball lawyer that Brandon teamed up with to railroad Abe, the woman that defended Jan and Mimi and took Brady’s case when Abe shot him, and Trask during Sami’s trial. It was more entertaining to me. I liked watching the different approaches they would take whether it be ethical or unethical. Mickey and Justin would present the case of their life or have an open and shut case and lose every time. It kills their credibility as a “great lawyer.” There is nothing wrong with losing a case or two, but you can’t lose the majority of them lol.

I have no use for Tripp, a grafted child of a mob princess and somebody the writers don't want to keep around, who tried to murder Kayla and endangered her patients, but is on a high horse about three and a half fibs from Claire.

I found Claire very penitent; she wasn't making excuses, she accepted her responsibility, and she merely pointed out Ciara dumped Tripp for lying, not anything Claire did.

I'm really sick of everyone walking around acting like Will the Cheater & Sonny the Snake can't live without each other and every day apart pains them greatly. (This from a once-fan of theirs.) Furthermore I'm sick of everyone acting like Leo's committed numerous felonies during his time in Salem. (Victor caused more mischief and mayhem - and murder and rape - in his first year in Salem than Leo could hope to aspire to.) It's just really cheap writing.

What more can be said about Dirty Cop Hope? Bravo to Marlena for standing her ground, but BOOOOO to the writers for wasting our time.

One more kidnapping and Ciara will set a record, I'm sure.

Back