Days of Our Lives - Mon. Feb. 4, 2019

Thanks, Poirot.

Stefan should have added laughter when he said how the name "El Fideo" has the power
of fear and awe. Because I laugh every time it's said since it means Noodle :)

Marlena and her big mouth letting Hope know about Ben not taking his
medication.

Ted acts like he's DA already.

Will Ben sue the police dept for searching his motel room without a
search warrant?
Ted broke in. Hope could have asked the hotel manager to let her in.

So, Diana is the Diana John (who used to be Roman) knows. Is she going to cause
trouble between with John and Marlena?

You need to start new thread "Ben's fault"

The scenarios presented here about Hope are much more entertaining than what really happens on screen. Thanks for the laughs!

Hope showed her appreciation to Marlena by stabbing her in the back (telling Ben that Marlena broke her obligation to keep private whatever he said to her). I don't understand why they are completely destroying Hope.

I always preferred the guest/recurring attorneys like the one that Lucas had when Sami lied about him hitting Will, the slimeball lawyer that Brandon teamed up with to railroad Abe, the woman that defended Jan and Mimi and took Brady’s case when Abe shot him, and Trask during Sami’s trial. It was more entertaining to me. I liked watching the different approaches they would take whether it be ethical or unethical. Mickey and Justin would present the case of their life or have an open and shut case and lose every time. It kills their credibility as a “great lawyer.” There is nothing wrong with losing a case or two, but you can’t lose the majority of them lol.
Actually, you can. Hapless District Attorney Hamilton Burger lost every case he tried against Perry Mason (played by Raymond Burr) in the old 1950s series. Almost as bad were the prosecutors who had the misfortune to go up against E.G. Marshall and Robert Reed in the old early-1960s series, The Defenders. They lost every case, but one. As for Salem's sorry excuse for attorneys, I've alternately been complaining about them or mocking their incompetence for years. They possess a unique blend of ineptitude, ignorance of the law, common sense, and in a few instances, any ethics. Of course, like the hapless Salem P.D., they are victims of "da plot." If Salem's attorneys were any good, leading cast members would end up in prison with depressing regularity and/or not suffer the personal reverses that keep the story lines going.

It was certainly frightening for Chloe and Stefan. I did enjoy this scene even though it was so concerning for these characters. This was good writing. Now we will see it Stefan was shot protecting Chloe. Finally something that really pulls you into the moment. Bravo!! :clap: :clap::clap:

Apparently there would be angst for the characters and the fans, if they got off first time around!! I'm sure the characters are written according to how the writers feel about them. I absolutely hate what they have done to Hope, even though, I might feel the same way, if I felt my daughter's life was in danger. I still think Ben would still be in jail, because he did kill people---as far as we know.

Thanks for the summary!
I'm having a hard time still --- watching about 5-7 minutes each day!
All that progress that Marlena and Ben made has gone down the drain. I can’t believe Marlena did that.
This is unforgivable! The Marlena I know and love just would NOT do this! And for Hope to tell Ben - now who does he have he can trust? We all need at least one someone to trust to get through this life with any amount of fun, etc. Hope the writers help him out - I really like him and think he is doing well - he needs to stay on his meds!

Hapless District Attorney Hamilton Burger lost every case he tried against Perry Mason (played by Raymond Burr) in the old 1950s series
I just read that the actress who played Perry's only convicted defendant died - so poor Mr Burger must have scored at least one case! **back to topic**

This is unforgivable! The Marlena I know and love just would NOT do this! And for Hope to tell Ben - now who does he have he can trust? We all need at least one someone to trust to get through this life with any amount of fun, etc. Hope the writers help him out - I really like him and think he is doing well - he needs to stay on his meds!
Marlena has done things like this before, but this situation didn’t even call for it. She should’ve calmed Hope down or left. It really hadn’t been that long to panic like that over Ciara, and she knew that Ben was a fragile case. Honestly, Marlena should’ve told Hope to get lost. They aren’t even close anymore. Hope didn’t even want Sami to see Marlena when she was about to die.

deleted unnecessary quote - no need to quote the post directly above your own post

Judging from the situation Ciara is in, she has every right to be very worried

Last edited by a moderator:
Back