Days of Our Lives - Mon., Feb. 5, 2018

must admit I find it difficult to understand how dressed up some of the women are to be home. And how overdressed they are for "work".

But mostly, it is the midwest. It is mid-winter. Temps are in the zero range, just above, or below. There is a LOT of snow....But Salem women are bare legs, spike heels, low cut, and off shoulder.

No sweaters, scarves, gloves, etc. And if they possibly put a coat on, it is always open. Sorry, but this just bugs me no end. If wardrobe is really puzzled about how to dress for winter, how about watching their own station's news from NY, Chicago, etc. they just might get a clue.

And that is why females wear leggings, slacks, jeans, etc. in winter!

must admit I find it difficult to understand how dressed up some of the women are to be home. And how overdressed they are for "work".
Unless there's a law or dress code about this I'm not aware of, "dressed up" and "overdressed" are subjective, at best. As long as I keep my private parts covered, I'll dress the way I want, not the way "society" thinks I should. Yes, I still wear stockings, dresses, and match my shoes to my purses, but that's just me. I think we should let Gabi do her own thing, too. :)

OT: I'm currently watching Leave it to Beaver reruns and it even leaves me shaking my head at June Cleaver's wearing a crisp, dressy dress with pearls and high heels as she vacuums the house. Even I don't do that. :)
:back:

I don't think wearing jeans makes a woman look like any less of a lady than wearing a skirt or dress does.
That's your opinion. We just happen to disagree. :)

And that is why females wear leggings, slacks, jeans, etc. in winter!
Maybe this should be "some" females. Again, it's a matter of personal preference.

(Really going :back:this time.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The commenting on clothing was because Days seems to forget constantly that Salem is in the mid-west, not in CA. Having children who live in GA, TX, & FL, I know about living in warmer climates, and I know how they react when they visit the area they were born & raised (Chicago), and that city is close enough to Salem for me to comment on the fact that Salem women do NOT dress for the weather in the area where that town is supposed to be located. It is cold in winter, it is frigid, it snows, the wind blows, and people wear Snow boots. They bundle up, their coats and jackets are buttoned, zipped, etc.

I am glad those in warmer climates are able to not have to deal with all the bulky clothing mid-westerners do, but the fact is, one has to keep warm.

And while the mid-western hardy women do "dress up" for work, church, dinner out, etc. they still "keep warm".

And I am typing this, looking at tons of snow, pine trees with branches bending with the weight of the snow on branches, icy streets, and a temp of 10 below zero. The house struggles to maintain an inside temp of 71. That is WEATHER in the midwest. Want to know how happy folks are when the temp suddenly climbs up to 35? Heat wave! LOLOL

Days needs a reality check. Or maybe their wardrobe dept. does.

Back