Days of Our Lives - Mon., Jan. 20, 2020

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, January 20, 2020

Sonny & Justin are sitting on park bench, as Sonny talks of marriage being over, & how things have been since Will killed Mom. The memory begins of last Mother's Day, how Justin & Sonny/Will planned surprise for Adrienne, but she comes down, intending to go into Spectator, check on some article. They protest, Mother's Day, she forgot, but insists on going. Will volunteers to cover for her instead, she agrees, they have spa day for planned, even a masseuse. Justin takes Adrienne upstairs for some bed-time, they are very, very happy. Later they come down, she is in white robe, off to the masseuse in living room.

And all over Salem, others are celebrating as well.John has picked up Marlena, who flew in for weekend from Germany, happy to be home. John says Brady & Eric coming later. They also take some bedroom time. Brady wakes up in bed with Kristen, yakking about Mother's Day, going to Marlena's. Kristen says not your blood mother, Brady says she is my mother. He gifts her with a charm bracelet, and insists she come along with him to his parents.

Sarah is having breakfast out somewhere with Maggie, chit chat. Xander comes along with gift for Maggie and Sarah. Nicole and Eric are with Holly (at home), Holly "made" peanut butter pancakes for Nicole. Eric eats them, and Nicole suggests they go out for more breakfast. Sarah sees Eric with Nicole & Holly, gets upset, yells at Xander. Maggie astonished, leaves to give them a minute. (Sarah had been talking to Maggie about Mother's Day, Maggie mentioning Melissa sent flowers and a gift, she has not heard from Summer in ages, misses Daniel every day). Sarah scolds Xander for coming, even mentioning that tho he has been good to her, he is not the baby's father. (They had been talking baby names when Eric walked by). She admits she knows Eric is happy with Nicole, & she doesn't want to tell him he is actually the father. She ends up leaving with Maggie. Eric says he's going to see his mom. He asks if Holly can go along. Nicole says that's a great idea and she'll see them at home later. Nicole comes over to Xander's table, telling him he looks like he lost his date. They squabble a bit about Eric being daddy, Xander pretending, Xander warning her to keep her mouth shut.

Marlena not at all happy to see Kristen come in with Brady. She notes all the horrible things Kristen has done to her, and her family. Brady asks they move past all this, he loves her, they are having a baby, your grandchild. Marlena decides to make the best of it. They sit on the sofa, Marlena opens gift they brought, Kristen shows off the charm bracelet Brady gave her, Eric comes in, all happy, till he sees Kristen. He stops abruptly, Holly goes to give Marlena flowers, John carts her off for a vase.

Justin calls Adrienne, who is laying on sofa, cucumber slices on eyes. Is all relaxed. Wonderful day. Sonny & Will have contacted Ari, who is fine with Will helping Adrienne. Sonny bought earrings for Gabi, from Ari. They guys sit and talk, Will is going to call his mom, Sonny wants to talk about something first. Sonny wondering if perhaps they should add to the family, have another child.

Maggie & Sarah arrive home, Maggie wanting to know what the heck is going on. Sarah barking at Xander that way. Sarah grunts, oops, going into labor.

Eric is very upset at seeing Kristen, walks out. Brady goes after him, they argue. Eric asks how he could bring her, knowing Eric was coming.......after all Kristen has done to Nicole. Brady pleads that Marlena has let it go, can't Eric do the same, just for one day? Inside the living room, Marlena not too happy to be alone with Kristen, who thanks her, talks of having changed, no longer the same person. They are standing at a table, Marlena looks down..........what is that? Kristen says, oh.....my water just broke. Marlena murmurs.......all over my shoes. Screen goes dark, “to be continued” scrolls across....and the credits roll.

Thanks for the summary. I have to confess I watched more commercials today.

Kristen shows off the charm bracelet Brady gave her
I liked when Brady told Marlena that he was inspired to buy the charm bracelet for Kristen because he admired Marlena's charm bracelet. Then John chimed in about how he likes it because he can always buy Marlena a charm as a gift. Brady says he looks forward to many years of adding charms to Kristen's bracelet.

They sure made a big deal about Mother's Day, didn't they? I can see why the writers have to ramp up the drama because with everyone so happy and kissy, it was too much. I do not want to see a happy, giddy Kristen. She is pure evil and watching her with Brady was awful. It just made me see how much older she looks than he is and it is all kinds of wrong. So, yeah - we got to see the set up of what's to come, but just everyone happy is boring! And Sarah is still horrible!

One thing about doing a summary is one is supposed to just "present the facts", and leave out personal opinion. I'm not always successful at that, tho I try to remember that here, I can voice personal opinion later on in the thread.

So....all these happy faces on Mother's Day, with smiles, giggles, etc. Seemed a bit overdone, but of course, that is on purpose. I was glad not to see GinOPE, who evidently had gone to some restaurant with Ciara. Marlena's reaction when Kristen called her "Mom", then had her water break all over Marlena's shoes, lololol. Sarah's harping on Xander was ridiculous. And of course, was because she had just seen Eric with Holly, and the green-eyed monster got hold of her. Was not pleasant to see & hear. Her berating him for just being there, and reminding him he is not the bio father......heartless! All the more reason I want him to actually be the daddy.

Overall, Yep, this set up a snoozer. Could have been easily done first 10-15 minutes. And go on.
Seeing Justin & Adrienne so happy, so in love, remembering their children being born, talking of it all, was nice.......but negates completely, to me, Justin taking up with Kayla in just 6 mos.

And Will, all over the place, so eager to help out Adrienne, putting off calling his mom, time and time again. Has to lead to something that will not be good.

Overall, this start to "flashback week" ........well, to me, not a good start.

Brady: As usual, he was displaying his poor judgment: by bringing creepy Kristen to the John-Marlena Mother's Day fest and then saying that she'll be a great mother. The 21st-century version of Mommie Dearest would be more like it.

Eric: He never disappoints. He's the same tactless, angry soupruss wherever he goes. If Marlena and John could stomach Kristen in their living room, who was he to make a scene? As for his pledge of love to poor Nicole, what he should have said is: "I love you … at least for the next ten minutes."

Justin & Adrienne: When they were cooing over their children, it might have added a touch of realism that when discussing Sonny, one of them had added: "I only wish he'd get a job." And why was Adrienne so anxious to get over to the Spectator? Usually, she never mentions it. After all, Anne Milbauer and the other unseen drudges who work there have been keeping the paper afloat while she and Jenny were otherwise occupied.

Sarah's harping on Xander was ridiculous.
When he was trying to show her how to use the present he bought (looked like one of those carrier things that you strap the baby to your body with), and she got snotty about how it was too complicated, I just wanted to slap her.
[Will] putting off calling his mom, time and time again
It was so ridiculous that he had to be reminded several times to call his own mother on Mother's Day.

Thanks, Poirot.

Good point, KathyLu.

It was weird to hear Kristen call Marlena mom.

Nice seeing Adrienne. Why did she have to die?

I love the picture Sonny and Will gave Adrienne. I wonder where it is now

Why oh why was spa day in the living room and why didn't Victor tell them
not to have it there?

Eric smiled today. Too bad he had to see Kristen at John and Marlena's

Interesting to hear Maggie mention all of her kid's names today.

How long was spa time? The living room door was open when Sarah and
Maggie came home; and it looked like spa time over.

Last edited:
Kristen says not your blood mother, Brady says she is my mother.
Someone, quick - check on Heather!

Elsewhere: Bleh. Though I somewhat wish we'd gotten these kinds of scenes/stories when the suits were pushing EJ/Sami as a couple. Also, Kristen hasn't changed; her being a psycho cheap villainess is too easy to write.

Back