Days of Our Lives - Mon. Jan. 6, 2014

@JS......Abby mentioned the cabin was still warm. Which meant the heat had been on. So, the water would have been o.k. (pipes). However, when you leave a cabin unoccupied during the winter, you always ....shut off the water supply, and drain the lines. And you put anti=-freeze in the drains. You absolutely, positively shut off the water, though.
If you don't, if a waterpipe freezes, and perhaps cracks, when it melts/thaws, etc. then the water would be running constantly, and ...yep.....floodville.

In my opinion, that was NOT the Horton cabin. First, it was never referred to as such, which it has always been in the past. Abby only said Hope had gone to Smith Island. She never said, Hope went to the Horton cabin, or is at the Horton cabin. Still think it amazing that the lake/river is open.

But if the cabin had been empty all this time (and presumably the furnace off), there's no way the water would've even been turned on. Like you said, they'd have turned off the water in the fall, drained the lines, etc. Even with the furnace on while Hope was there (and the cabin still warm), there's no way Abby would've been able to walk over to to sink to fill that pitcher from the sink. So ridiculous.

If it wasn't the Horton cabin, then whose cabin was it?

Maybe just a cabin that was rented out at times. Maybe the caretaker or owner had not gotten there yet to turn off the water, etc. However, since the Horton cabin has been in the family for decades, Hope would/should have known to at least turn off the water before she left.
If Hope made arrangements to spend the holiday there with Ciara, then the furnace would have been on, the water, etc. when she came. Heck, EJ & Abby were drinking tea or else coffee, so there were food supplies there.

Unless there was some remodeling, etc. that was not the Horton place. If I remember right, that cabin had a big fireplace on the opposite wall from the door where you came in. And the room was really large. but the bedroom was another room.

Marlena and Victor were great.
I'm over Brady.
I hate the sleazy producer guy. I know I'm supposed to, but he is just so over the top.
Said this on twitter but it's worth repeating: Brady was a Brady BEFORE he was a Brady. Shawn & Caroline considered John their son, and Brady by extension. But I do appreciate (that's not a strong enough word...I AM COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY IN LOVE) with the fact that the stupidness of the Ryan Brady saga is over. In fact, I was so happy, I did this:
dancing extra.gif
for about five hours. Just stopped, in fact.

I do wonder why the assumption is he's not an Alamain/DiMera based on the previous blood tests...are they leaving the door open completely, or will this be solved? Curious.

The EJ and Abby scenes were electric. It's clear Abby has the Salem Brain today. I love scenes where even when you know what's going to happen, it's still exciting to watch. Definitely a rewatchable episode today. Abby had great lines today, too, like, "Don't you have an empire to run?" Sonny had some great zingers about EJ too, although the scenes with Gabi felt a little tacked on.

Marlena looked Super Hot...Her hair was Marvelous
Forgot that! Marlena looked amazing and was dressed fairly appropriately!! Of course, I stayed in today because of the sub-zero temps and cars not starting, etc., but still, she was well bundled for Salem!

And I must say again that I join Poirot in the joy of the un-DiMeraing of John!! I offer now my solution to the heritage of John to the Days writers, and release in perpetuity any intellectual property rights!!

Great, great, great episode today! (Sweeps-worthy IMO!)

Finally, it's good to learn that long-suffering John Black is really not Santo's love child. Maybe now he can get his head on straight, figure out that EJ looted the Basic Black pension funds, and start treating his good wife in a decent way.
I think so too.

No doubt the John/Brady heritage is going to be an intriguing storyline and will change the dynamic of many Salemites' relationships.
I'm wondering if this will really be a storyline or if this was just what they needed to clear the way for Brady to get involved with someone in one of those clans.

I know it's hard to erase images from our mind, but Brady is being very unfair to Eric. Not seeing Eric will not erase those images, and I hope that, in time, he will realize this
I thought the same thing. Brady is so stupid. He's essentially blaming the victim while also trying to rationalise his blaming the victim.

It was definitely the Horton Cabin. When Abby and EJ were outside, there was a huge wooden sign hanging behind Abby that said " The Hortons" plus it did look the same inside just with different furnishings. The sink and table were in the right spots as was the bedroom door.

I need to rewatch as I was interrupted by the phone a couple times however, EJ and Abby: YES and PLEASE!!! HOT HOT HOT and I loved how Abby had EJ's number the entire time, aside from the comment about him sleeping with Gabi. But that was meant as a transition to get them to kiss. What I find interesting is that I have yet to find a spoiler in writing about what will happen next. Bravo to Days for keeping this quiet if they do actually sleep together, which I think they will. These 2 have amazing chemistry together and I can't wait to see the fallout. This was definitely mutual so the fallout will impact them as much as other characters in Salem.

I agree that Marlena looked great however, she was not dressed for the weather and her plaid blouse was a bit out of style. I'm also not a big fan of all these tiny cross-body bags everyone is carrying around. I carry a larger bag to a theme park where I need to stow it on rides! Marlena and Nicole, etc. are carrying them around to work and such. Not realistic. Also, Marlena doesn't play Kate very well. Leave the meddling mother role to her or Maggie.

I loved that they undid John's heritage but that was definitely sudden and out of the blue. And it still doesn't solve the problem of Hope not having a real storyline. I hope John and Brady get to pursue the truth later this year.

Sonny and Gabi: tuned out

Did I mention how HOT HOT HOT EJ and Abby were today???? :clap:

Brady need someone, anyone to blame for a reason to feed his addiction. He just had Hope come in with the news that their lead to finding Kristen fizzled, also that once again he was not related by blood to the Bradys or DiMeras, and then spouted off that he had no wish to see his father, that he could not forgive him.
So.....he sat wrestling with his "desire" for a fix, and along came Eric.....Perfect! Now he has the excuse. (besides, he doesn't want the good priest near him as he would then be reminded of how he scammed him and might actually be really remorseful.

It's clear Abby has the Salem Brain today.
This confuses me, Jason. If she had a brain, even the Salem Brain, Abigail would not have kissed EJ who is engaged to another woman and who has the reputation he has. It's more stupid than brainy of her.

Of course, we are talking about the Salem Brain, which has been passed around for over forty years of Salemites and has to be warped by now. :)

LOL

I meant that she isn't buying EJ's double-polished dog manure, which is more than I can say for other supposedly intelligent denizens of Salem.

Besides - this is all clearly a plot that she cooked up to break up Sami/EJ with no fault on Sami's end, so she (Sami) can be back with her beloved uncle Lucas. Very smart of her indeed. Also I don't think it's stupid for her to do something that she wants to do.

As for kissing EJ, well generally I vomit and turn the channel/zap the DVR whenever he's on the screen, especially in a "romantic" scene - but today was the exception. I found the scene natural. It was nice to see him kiss someone without manhandling them first.

It was definitely the Horton Cabin. When Abby and EJ were outside, there was a huge wooden sign hanging behind Abby that said " The Hortons" plus it did look the same inside just with different furnishings. The sink and table were in the right spots as was the bedroom door.
Thanks! I was pretty sure I saw the "Hortons" sign on the cabin door. Plus, as you said, the layout was the same inside, except a bed was in the main room (convenient!), instead of the couch and table/chairs.

an interesting show indeed. I think the color for
today's show was Black.

I think everyone noticed how much EJ loved Abby
after she put the scarf back on :)

I'm glad Victor apologized to Marlena.

I can't believe we had to watch the Eric/Kristen
video again. If I had something in the house, I
would gotten a drink like Brady did.

I was disappointed we didn't see John or even have Hope
on the phone. All we got was John called Hope and told her
that he wasn't Colleen's son.. That her son died. Will
John ever find out who's he related to? How long will it
last this time?

Jason thanks for posting the dancing lady video
it's been awhile since I've seen it.

I enjoyed Abby and EJ's chat in the cabin. I'm assuming
they had tea. I couldn't tell what they were drinking.

Abby had some funny lines especially how he got there.

This is what I posted for Friday's show

I wonder if the DiMera mansion has poles going to the basement
like in Wayne Manor. It was funny to hear EJ say get the boat ready and
Sami is off in the private jet.

Abby said today if EJ had a bat boat, a phoenix boat.

Back