Days of Our Lives - Mon. July 11, 2011

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 11, 2011

Oh, boy, the kudos today go to Joe Mascola as Stefano, and to little Johnny, and that is just my opinion.
Daniel storms into Cheatin’ Heart, orders a beer, and begin playing pool with a vengeance. It is apparent he is upset, and Melanie, who is sitting at the bar, is a bit taken aback. She tries to get him to open up, he doesn’t want to, but attacks the pool balls as if he is punching out a wall. He finally mentions women, Jennifer, and Melanie eventually gets the picture. He is upset, Jennifer had him backing off, and he doesn’t understand it all. Melanie advises him to not desert Jen, she already had that with Jack, maybe she is just scared.
Meanwhile, Jen has gone to see Adrienne to return a book, but Adrienne realizes something else is up. Jen shows her a text message from Jack, the jerk, who just said “all’s well here, say hi to the kids”. (Please note that is plural, yet JJ is no where in sight, nor does anyone mention his name). Adrienne admits Jack is a jerk, but Jennifer has the great Daniel. But Jen gives her the ol’ “Carly cares for him, she is my friend, has been thru hard times, yada yada”. Adrienne tells her that Daniel is not with Carly, he has been with Jennifer, and she has to start taking care of herself, not others, etc. She tells her to go to Daniel, talk to him.
Carly is down on the docks, runs into the drug dealer, who realizes she is a user, tho she pretends she is not. He recognizes someone in need, she almost succumbs, but gets called to the hospital. When there, Maxine tells her this is a consult on an overdose, which sort of upsets Carly.
And back to the Cheatin’ Heart, where Melanie has just given her dad some wonderful news. She has legally changed her name to Melanie Jonas. Daniel is thrilled, Carly comes in, hears the news, is so happy. She talks of the case she consulted, the overdose, what drove the poor woman to go that far. Not to worry, we are family, sez Daniel. They all hold hands, eventually doing a family group hug, just as Jennifer arrives.

Vivian sits with Quin, not quite trusting that he really wants to forge some connection with her, help her with Carly, tho he assures her that is what he wants. He leaves, Gus arrives, Vivian tells him about Quin, but Gus doesn’t trust the man. Meanwhile the drug dealer calls Quin down to the docks, tells him about Dr. Manning coming along, and he knows she is addicted to drugs. Quin calls Vivian, telling her that Carly Manning is a drug addict. Vivian’s eyes light up.

And now let’s get back to DiMansion, where Taylor is questioning EJ, wanting to know if what these people are saying is true. EJ is silent, Taylor keeps it up. EJ begins to protest that these people barged into his home, making all sorts of accusations, assuring her that they should talk of this alone. The camera frequently focuses on Stefano, who reaction to everything is amazing, and he isn’t saying a word. Taylor says something about if it wasn’t true, EJ would have said so by now.
This is all a huge confrontation scene, with Taylor asking, Hope assuring Taylor that EJ is lying, Sami tries to interject, Taylor tells her to just shut up. The imposter is drinking it all in, the smirk on his face intact. Sami finally has had enough, she will keep quiet no longer. She understands what Taylor is going through, doesn’t care about EJ, but she cares about Taylor. She is warning her, actually Bo, Hope and Sami all do, talking of how Taylor is blinded by love, as Bo tells her she doesn’t have to trust any of them, just trust herself. She knows what is true. And as many times as Taylor has mentioned her mother being killed by the imposter, she finally has had it. She confronts EJ, asking if he thought she was just a stupid woman. She really goes on and on, tears in her eyes, about how her mother had to know about the imposter, how EJ brought this man in to impersonate his ex-wife’s husband and now her mother is dead. He tries to protest that he loves her. No, you don’t, and I feel sorry for your children who you profess to loves, cuz the only person you love is yourself. (Watch all the reactions in background, and as I said, Stefano is marvelous)
Now it is Rafe’s turn, as he berates EJ for taking him away from his wife and his family…EJ interjects that his children are not Rafe’s family…but Rafe goes on, about being held prisoner, putting the imposter in his place. And here comes little Johnny down the stairs, standing at the bottom, listening, finally running in, asking what is going on. Taylor picks up her things and leaves. Sami & Rafe turn to Johnny, who wants to know why his father has done bad things. Hope tries to stand in front of the imposter, who stands up. Johnny sees him, says “Rafe?”, Bo & Hope hustle the imposter out. EJ tells Johnny this is all a mistake, as Rafe tries to tell him adults sometimes say things they don’t mean. EJ tries to take Johnny, who has a minor tantrum, as he shakes EJ off, turns and runs out, Sami & Rafe following. Ej begins to follow, Stefano hauls him back, asking if he has not done enough damage for one evening.
And here is where Stefano really shines, as talks of how EJ had a problem, Stefano helped him solve it, but instead of letting Stefano handle it all, EJ insisted on doing things his way, and when it came time to rid themselves of the problem, EJ had other ideas. (gotta tells ya, the Rs are rrrreally rrrolling). And for what? A Woman!!! Stefano really lets EJ have it, and in comes Sami & Rafe, carrying Johnny, who has a jacket on. EJ wants to know what is going on, Sami says they are taking him with them, EJ protests, Rafe says it is what Johnny wants. EJ tries to grab Johnny who turns away, telling EJ I said I want to go! Then…please take me home, Rafe.
They leave. Stefano starts to go out the French doors. EJ asks where he is going, Stefano needs some fresh air. And how we hear a guitar, some music, and a female voice singing, as the camera hops around town….Jennifer leaving the Cheatin’ Heart, inside the family Jonas getting ready to play some pool together; Sami, Rafe & Johnny on the sofa at home, with a book, laughing and cuddling together; Stefano walking aimlessly around Johnny’s room, sitting on his bed, holding a stuffed toy, looking at a picture of him & Johnny, Taylor arriving at the pier, crying, and finally EJ walking around, looking at the pictures of Johnny & Sydney, taking them, sinking to the floor in front of the sofa, holding the pictures to his chest, sobbing.

Barb

Todays Episode, 7/11/2011 ... AWESOME

Actually, while the entire show was great, the last few minutes were stupendous. I loved the music/song that accompanied these last few minutes, and the look on EJ's face as he cried over his son totally moved me. We are talking AWARD time here.

Yep, today's show was totally awesome, great follow up to Friday's. It's been a long time coming and I just hope that this puts an end to that seemingly eternal circle of revenge that we've had for the past few years. Time to move finally move forward. The twins playing Johnny did an great job and montage was wonderful.

Loved today's episode!

The twins who play Johnny really knocked it out of the park.

I don't understand why Sami and Brady care about Taylor so much. If I were Sami, and Taylor was being so unbelievably stupid and kept stuttering at me to shut up, I'd have punched her too. Maybe that would get her mouth unstuck and unglued from EJ's rear.

Actually, while the entire show was great, the last few minutes were stupendous. I loved the music/song that accompanied these last few minutes, and the look on EJ's face as he cried over his son totally moved me. We are talking AWARD time here.

I agree. All I can say is James Scott has got to be one heck of an actor for me to hate EJ and feel sorry for him at the same time. With everything leading up to the final scene with EJ, I was enjoying every minute of it - then he sat on the floor holding the pictures of Sydney and Johnny and broke down, and I couldn't help but feel sorry for him. (Damn-it-all.)

Anyone know who did that song at the end? It was lovely, not my normal taste in music, but I really enjoyed it and it worked quite well with all the end scenes.

When Taylor was on years ago (the mid to late 90s) , Sami's twin brother Eric and Taylor were friends, so maybe that is why Sami cares about her, as well as Sami knowing how it feels to be fooled by EJ. Why Brady cares about her I have no idea since the last time Taylor was in Salem Brady was a toddler. LOL

Oh, KathyLu, thank you. I meant to include that in the summary, and forgot it. She said it so quietly, and it hit home, for sure.

@b2curious......I tried to watch the credits, but they went too fast for me, but I am betting it was Kelly Moneymaker (Peter Reckell's wife). They have used her before.

The twins playing Johnny were fantastic today. The hurt and anger toward EJ and the love for Rafe were beautifully acted out. (Bet they had fun doing that wriggly squirmy fighting to get down from Rafe to run upstairs) Those little boys deserve an emmy, too.

Oh my goodness, could Johnny have been any cuter on the couch with Sami and Rafe at the end!?!?! I wonder if it was in the script for him to reach over and tickle rafe's tummy, or if one of the twins thought it up himself?

Thanks Barb.

Yes, the episode today was monumental. The acting was superb by most of the cast and I loved Sami. Her smirk when Taylor told her to shut up, and at the end when she asked EJ "How's it feel."

Back