Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 12, 2021

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is evening all over Salem. Is it still the 4th of July or has it moved to the some other day in July? Unsure.

Justin walks into the living room. Says hi to Ben, didn’t know Ciara is back in town. They both say they need a lawyer.

Bonnie at the hospital nursing station talking to Kayla they agree to go to grab a quick drink.

Steve and Jack meet at the pub Jack wants to know what Gwen and Xander are hiding.

Gwen and Xander are locking lips. What are we doing? Gwen decides to keep going.

Chad is playing with the fireplace in the middle of July. Theo comes in. Hugs all around.

Justin asks what about needing a lawyer. Ciara is her same witchy self and calls Ben a jerk. Ben tells Ciara that Justin was his lawyer when he was on death row. Ciara says you were on death row and you want me to stay married to you?

Steve and Jack discuss the horrors of the dead doctor. Tripp finding the body and police questioning Gwen and Dr. Snyder's house calls.

Xander is shirtless, Gwen has the buttons open on her blouse. They are on the couch as Julie walks in and asks what’s happening.

Theo asks about a fire in the middle of July. Chad says ever since Ben tried to light me on fire, I’ve been over-cautious about unattended fires. Theo tells of coming for Eli and Lani's anniversary party and supporting Ciara.

Ben tells Ciara of his death row experience. Justin tells Ciara that he only took the case because you Ciara convinced me of Ben's innocence. Ben tells Ciara you were fighting for our love then, like I’m fighting for our love now.

At Julie’s Place, Bonnie and Kayla talk about the horrible dinner the other night. Bonnie appreciated Kayla’s kindness. Bonnie asks Kayla to be her matron of honor.

Xander says Julie, this isn’t what it looks like. Julie replies so you aren’t having sex on my sofa? Gwen is buttoning up her shirt. Julie claims to have experience in this matter. She wants to know why he is staining her sofa. Xander wants to know what is her obsession with this sofa? She should post 24 hour guards around it. Julie says she just might. Julie mentions all the ways Xander has “stained” the sofa, passed out drunk, making out, his deadbeat friend passed out on the couch. Cue the worried look from Gwen.

More discussion on why Jack is worried. Jack is certain Gwen and Xander are hiding something from him. Steve asks are you coming to me as a PI or as a brother?

Chad is jumping for joy over Theo’s engagement to Ciara. They are going to play chess to celebrate. They haven’t set a date. Theo tells of the finding a lawyer story.

Ciara wants to divorce Ben to marry Theo. Ciara is ongoing and cruel. Ciara begs Justin to take her case.

Kayla is confused about why Bonnie wants Kayla to be her matron of honor. Kayla asks when did Justin propose. Bonnie says he hasn’t. I’m going to propose to him.

Steve tells Jack about the discussion Jack overheard at Julie’s Place. Steve tells the Dr. Snyder stealing pills story. Stops short of calling Gwen a drug dealer.

Kayla is shocked that Bonnie will ask Justin to marry her. Bonnie is all giggles and says it’s the 2020’s, a girl should be able to do anything. Bonnie tells of the aftermath of the dinner. How Justin said Bonnie was his family. It was the first time Bonnie felt loved and respected. Bonnie is grateful to Kayla for making that evening happen.

When is my nightmare going to end, laments Julie? Paulina Price is trying to destroy my Grandparent’s legacy, the Town Square, and you are doing the same on their furniture. This couch really belonged to your grandparents? Wow, it’s in great shape. Xander tells Julie to be a more gracious host and be worried more about the guests rather than the antique furniture. Julie works through being a gracious hostess, and tells them if they are going to fornicate like rabbits to do it upstairs, behind closed doors.

Back to the chess game with Theo and Chad. Chad doesn’t think Theo seems happy. Theo is worried about Ciara getting her memory back. Ciara wants the divorce, but Ben is making things difficult. Theo says yes, Ben made yet another desperate plea for Ciara to remember. Chad tells Theo that Ciara has chosen the better man.

Ben is confused as to why Ciara needs Justin, why don’t you ask Belle? Ciara says she went there but Ben picks up that Belle and Shawn were on Ben’s side. (Justin is getting paid to stand in a room and look confused/supportive/happy/other moods as the two bicker.) Ben asks which of us will you represent?

Kayla doesn’t understand why Bonnie wants her to be her matron of honor. Bonnie tells Kayla that Justin respects you and all of town thinks she’s the crazy loud woman. Bonnie thinks if Kayla stands up for her, then it means Bonnie isn’t a joke.

Justin tells Ben and Ciara that he cares for both of them. He won’t represent either of them. Good luck to both of you. He gives them advice to stay here and talk. Justin leaves for a dinner date.

Theo asks about how Abby is doing. Chad tells a shortened story of the miscarriage, fight and where Abby is located. Chad wins, and thinks Theo let him win.

Xander wants to go to Gwen’s room. Gwen thinks Jack is on to them. Xander goes back to the office.

Steve thinks that Gwen might know something. Jack agrees it looks bad. Steve the PI is on it. Salem PD doesn’t have a chance.

Kayla wants to wait till Bonnie is officially engaged. Kayla tells Bonnie good luck and she hopes it works out the way Bonnie wants it to.

Ciara is whining about having to go out and find a new lawyer. Ben gets into Ciara’s personal space talking about how families are turning her down. They should be planning their lives together. Ciara wants nothing to do with Ben.

Ben and Chad bump into each other in the park. Chad tells Ben that he can’t wait to go to Theo and Ciara’s wedding. (guess the Ben/Chad friendship is now forgotten)

At the construction equipment in the town square, Ciara whines to Theo about how no one will represent her. Ciara claims no one has the right to tell her what she can and can’t do. She wants to marry Theo and asks what is he doing next Thursday.

Steve and Jack part company. Kayla walks in. Steve has news for Kayla, and Kayla has news for Steve.

Justin and Bonnie meet, Bonnie has something really important to talk about. Bonnie hems and haws, she had a whole speech but it’s gone now. Bonnie has thought about this a lot. Bonnie asks Justin to marry her. Justin says no.

Julie talks to the couch, if you could talk, what tales you could tell? NO scratch that. Julie looks at the news on the tablet sees a picture of Dr. Snyder and is shocked as she remembers he’s the deadbeat who was passed out on the couch.

Julie doesn't refer to it as hers, she scolds Xander & Gwen as it belonged to her grandparents. She was indignant that Paulina Price is bent on destroying the dedicated square of her grandparents, & now Xander & Gwen their furniture. :)

Ok you can tell it is Formula Summer storyline time. We now overdose everyone and their mother on the younger adults or if we had any, teens. This is all they are going to do for the next two months. Wake me in September. Theo was once a character I admired. We no longer are concerned about his disability or struggles and now he needs a man bun. Stop it and move on to the next station.

Ciara - WHATEVER!! No one you admire and respect is getting through to you. This is an asinine story constructed to keep Ciara and Ben apart. So if Ben was on death row and now is walking the streets of Salem, didn't Justin do a good job of freeing an innocent man? If you don't think so, then why would you want Justin as your lawyer? All it tells me is they don't belong together at all. They had no jobs and spent all the time in bed or talking about being in bed. Does this qualify Ciara to be the next CEO of Basic Black or Titan?

Good for Julie - on ALL counts.

Destroying Alice and Tom Horton's square sounds like another "woke" moment and I really do not need any politics in my soap. Please someone send Paulina and her equally useless daughter to charm school and then maybe I will listen to them.

Chad - I liked this guy and now, don't care. Go away.

All this is on the writers. Oh but wait, I repeat myself AD NAUSEUM!!

Does Julie not remember that Chase raped Ciara on that couch? I would have gotten rid of that reminder after that incident happened.
She should also be aware that Alice's furniture dodged a bullet when Dr. Cameron Davis (aka male stripper Officer Billy Club) fled from Abigail's seduction attempt. In any case, Julie should get ready for the worst by consulting with Harold on the best way to detoxify tainted sofas.

Chad: He's been spending too much time around amoral EJ. Talk about being obtuse. He can't see the similarity between Stefan Zero bedding Abigail's alter and Mr. Man-Bun moving in on amnesiac Ciara?

Ted: It's too bad that the writers stupidly killed him off. Imagine Ciara's reaction if Ted represented Ben and convinced a court that as an amnesiac she was not mentally fit to seek a divorce. Her angry squawking and childish foot-stomping would be worth the price of admission.

Xander: When Julie got off her "fornicate like rabbits" line, he should have said: "Who do you think we are, EJ and Sami?"

Gwen: She shouldn't feel bad about succumbing to Xander's advances. He's very skilled in the luv department. After all, he was able to bed two women, Sarah and Nicole, who hated him at the time.

I don't know what the destruction of the square has to do with being "woke." The "woke" plan was to have a bunch of diverse small businesses. That's not happening now.

I fast-forwarded through half the show. I paused to catch some of Theo and Chad and didn't watch any more of their scenes. For them to talk glibly about not wanting Ciara to recover her memory was super disgusting. Chad smugly smiling about Theo's engagement to the fiance's current husband was extra gross. He should be too busy focusing on his own marriage swirling down the toilet instead of mocking someone else's.

Ciara is 100% unwatchable. I wish, wish, wish Ben would tell her to get over herself and say goodbye.

The Xander/Gwen/Julie stuff was amusing. Bonnie is a little desperate, which is sad.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but even shirtless Xander couldn't save this one.

Question: Was that supposed to be the Kiriakis mansion? Or Justin's office? I was confused about where they were because I didn't recognize the set.

Now this awful Ben/Ciara storyline is destroying Chad! Not only was Chad very unlikeable today he also conveniently forget how Stefan Zero took advantage of his mentally compromised wife to praise icky Theo.

I already love Xander and Gwen way more than I ever did Xander and Sarah. I just wanted to add that. :love:

Thanks, robin.

What a show today. There will probably a lot of stuff hanging when the show goes on vacation
after next Thurs for the Olympic break.

Chad told Theo he put out the fire in the fireplace. Did he find the paper? Did he take it? I enjoyed
their talk about Theo getting married.

Bonnie talks to Kayla about asking Justin to marry him. When she asks him, he says no. How sad.

Bonnie made a good point about Kayla being matron of honor so other people wouldn't think
the marriage was joke.

It was funny when Justin said he couldn't help either Ciara or Ben. What will Ciara do know to
get divorced now?

Ben mentioned to Ciara next Thurs is their wedding anniversary. Now Ciara wants to marry Theo
on that day. Will the divorce be final in time?

The room in the K-mansion is the den.

I laughed when Julie said got upset with Xander and Gwen with staining the sofa. Then she saw the
article about Dr. Snyder and said he was the deadbeat. Close he was actually dead.

I don't like the new chess set.

Last edited:
Now Ciara wants to marry Theo
on that day. Will the divorce be final in time?
In the real world of Sacramento when I used an attorney, the papers were signed and then it was 6 months till it was finalized. But had the ex gone to Reno or Mexico for a quickie divorce, then who knows?

Chad, Chad, Chad. I get that you are being loyal, but I'm not a fan of your logic here. Or that chess set - OMG, that thing is awful (I've played chess more than a few times in my life, and while I'm not a rabid traditionalist about sets - there are some gorgeous themed ones out there, that glass one is just a little too out there)

I don't know what the destruction of the square has to do with being "woke." The "woke" plan was to have a bunch of diverse small businesses. That's not happening now.
Ok so what I meant to say was Renaming the Town Square. Sorry for the confusion. Whether that plan goes through or not, the whole concept is just ridiculous. Tom and Alice Horton are part of the major foundation of Salem. You can add diverse businesses and not have to change the name to imply the people who started it all were not of character or need to be removed. For once Lani made sense. Again, not trying to inflammatory.

Heck, the town would not have changed zoning laws in the square, but Ron had to explain how Paulina was going to get away with it. So........it is all so stupid, ridiculous, asinine, but typical of ReRon's lazy writing.

So I was vacation the last 2 weeks but since Days was gonna be preempted when I got back I recorded while I was gone and I did not come here everyday to read about it. So my comments are gonna be late.

How would Adrienne feel about Justin marrying the woman that caused So much angst in her life? Angst is putting it mildly. Glad he said no.

I love how they always say there are plenty of lawyers in Salem! We just never see them!!

I love Ben and Ciara. Hate what they have done to them but I'm afraid it might get creepy before she gets memory back. But real B move to want to marry Theo on her and Ben's anniversary!!

I really don't like Chad. Did not like his glee with Ben!! Hope Abigail doesn't come back!!

Back