Days of Our Lives - Mon., July 18, 2016

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, July 18, 2016

Good episode, tho rather slow moving. Blanca comes into Club TBD, exchanging a lot of innocuous small talk with Dario.He thinks she came looking for Rafe, she denies. Mami arrives, the 2 women sit at a table, Dario brings them drink, and Mami starts the inquisition. Mami pesters about Rafe, Blanca notes he is in love with Hope, Mami thinks she is not the woman for him. She is worried, has called Rafe several times, he has not called back. She remembers that Blanca's sister has been trying to get hold of her, called Mami as she has left messages for Blana. Mami says something about some man looking for her.

Uh, oh, Blanca shrugs it off, but the minute Mami leaves the table, she calls her sister (Natalia) talks in Spanish (but we get sub titles), telling her that if Guellgermo comes looking for her, to say she has no idea where she is. She quickly hangs up, Mami notices she seems worried, but Blanca claims not, they go for a walk. Mami wants to know what is going on, something with this man, but Blanca is mum. Blanca returns to the club (Mami is calling Rafe again, leaving a message). Dario thinks his mother is just too nosy, wanting to everything about anyone, their past life, etc. Blanca admits she was in a relationship that did not end well, but won't give details. He fixes her another drink.

Shawn is down in the shattered basement, looking for Hope & Rafe, calling out to Mom, to no avail. He tells a couple of workers that when they finish looking around to get all the debris cleared out, so they can get a better look around. He calls Roman, fills him in, Roman comes to the house. No bodies found, so they figure maybe Hope & Rafe got away. Later, Shawn finds a piece of broken chain, burned, but from the looks of it, Rafe must have gotten free BEFORE the explosion. They are gung ho to get the debris cleared away.

Aiden sits in his trashed room, loud knocking on door, which persists despite his telling person to go away. He answers to find the ever smiling Andre with such delightful news. His nemesis will not longer be a problem. Aiden doesn't care, he lost the woman he loves. Ah, but ....well, Andre beats around the bush with his usual "what the heck does he mean" jabber, but he finally says Rafe is dead. Aiden is shocked, he did not say to kill him. Oh, but you said to "take care of him". What else would that mean. And then Andre, snidely, reveals that Hope is gone as well, having traced Rafe and arriving at a most inopportune time. Aiden wants full explanation, Andre relates of laying out clues to get Rafe to the house, he is knocked out, bound and chained, attached to a bomb. Oh, not to worry, nothing can be traced back to Andre, he made sure of that.

Aiden is not a happy camper, and when Andre merrily begins to take his leave, Aiden grabs him by the scruff of the neck, pulling him back, giving him a few punches, until Andre manages to smack Aiden on his windpipe. Aiden falls, grabbing his throad, Andre puts his foot on Aiden's hand, thus choking off air supply as he makes his usual threat, warnings, etc. finally taking his foot off, allowing Aiden to take a breath. Now Andre lets him know that the investigation of the explosion is going to lead straight to Aiden, who doesn't understand, mentions the insurance policy change was done electronically. Andre laughs, oh, yes, you are a clever lawyer...but of course, Aiden could not outthink Andre. It is all going to come back on you, unless you give me the respect I deserve. He leaves.

Down in the catacombs, Rafe is carrying an unconscious Hope into a room. It is dark, rather hazy/smoky or something. He lays her on a bed, she slips in and out of consciousness. She is injured, evidently worse than Rafe who hurt his leg. She finally comes to, and in their conversation, we learn that Hope saved them when she shot at Rafe's chains, freeing him. They noticed some loose floorboards, she remembers climbing down a ladder, but nothing more. That is when the bomb went off, he was on the ladder too, which is how he hurt his leg. They figure what is any DiMera house without tunnels as a way out. He brings her water, she begs him to go look for help, a way out. He doesn't want to leave her, but finally goes. When he returns, 2 ways out. One blocked by debris from explosion, the other by a thick, locked door. He came back to try and find something with which to pick the lock. Hope talks with lots of hesitation, obviously in pain. He bring her more water again, realizes she is burning up.

She passes out again, Rafe is unable to revive her.

I can't believe the Pacific Northwest nitwit how can he not see the big picture that Andre was only looking out for he emotional well-being? I mean seriously what an ingrate, Andre was obviously so hurt by the lack of appreciation that I almost wept. LOL

Seriously though, I don't know What's-His-Face thought would happen when he agreed to let Andre "take care of" Rafe? Did he think that meant Andre would give his romantic rival a wedgie? Or if Andre was going really hardcore he would "take care of" Rafe by giving him a swirlie perhaps? I am all out of sympathy for him-not that I had that much to spare. I just roll my eyes at whenever he seems stunned by the levels of depravity Andre is willing to sink to. Bugs Bunny said it best: "What a maroon!"

So it seems like Blanca is having troubles with an obsessive ex-boyfriend. You know I think it would be nice if Blanca had someone who has been through a similar situation. Preferably someone in the Hernandez family since it seems like those are the only people in Salem she's going to interact with. But I've been wracking my brain I just cannot think of just who such a person might be. *gives exaggerated wink*

Last edited:
Troy, you ARE a stitch. Have to say it made me laugh and do some eye rolling when Andre said to Aiden.....what did you think I would do? Take him out to lunch?

Of course Aiden might have thought Andre would have the powers to get Rafe transferred to another police dept. in a far off city. You know, like Lani did, from Miami to Salem! LOL

I'm not sure if Hope and Rafe are in the same place Chase was or not. If a DiMera
tunnel, they might have several areas looking like that.

I'm glad Rafe found a place with running water and clean linens.

The room where Aiden is doesn't look like Doug and Julie's bed and breakfast.
They should be thankful he moved out.

Shawn found Hope's phone. I guess Aide gave it back to her or she bought a new one.

I laughed when Hope and Rafe realized they saved each other.

Have to say it made me laugh and do some eye rolling when Andre said to Aiden.....what did you think I would do? Take him out to lunch?
Andre had a few good ones today. Another was saying to the Puget Sound shyster that he seemed to have had "a disagreement with the furniture." Elsewhere, things were depressingly predictable. Over at the DiMera den, there was Hope and Rafe trapped underground, but there's no suspense here. Everyone knows that they'll be rescued, but in the meantime the two detectives should be grateful that they're trapped in a Stefano tunnel. Who but the Phoenix would supply his underground labyrinths with canned food, a bed, and clean running water? And over at TBD, Blanca finally gets out of Rafe's kitchen only to be badgered by Mami, and to reveal she has an obsessive ex-boyfriend (that's a new one :sarcasm:). Does Ben Weston have any clones who live in Mexico?

Andre and his droll sense of humor livened up his scenes today with Aiden. I agree that Aiden is acting very naive or just plain stupid when Andre told him how he took care of Rafe and Hope, and set him (Aiden) up to take the fall. I don't know what Aiden thought Andre would do when he helped him get out of prison.

I also found it hilarious that the bed was so neat and that pillow so white and fluffy in a dingy tunnel. Do the DiMeras have maid service in their tunnels?:rotfl:Hope and Rafe's scenes were not that dramatic and wasn't that interesting. I was only curious how Rafe got out of his chains in time and they explained that during the show, then I was bored with their scenes.

Mami is another example of wash / rinse / repeat dialogue from the writers. For me, she has no place in Salem. Send her back to where she came from along with her little friend, Blanca.

I have yet to determine Mami's purpose on this show. She spent today calling Rafe's phone four or five times in between talking to Blanca. While obviously a plot point due to the danger Rafe is in, and Dario said Mami always worries about them, it is inconsistent with the way Mami was portrayed the last few years. She did not call or come to town when Arianna (senior) was killed, she was not there for Gabi during her pregnancy or when she went to prison, and she did not come to town when Rafe was in a coma. Sorry, but the person they are portraying now is not the person she was shown to be over the years, and I cannot get behind this character now. Once again, the writers are changing backstory to suit their own plots.

While Rafe or Gabi have, in the past, supposedly been on the phone with their mother, or else mentioned to each other that they have talked to her (I remember once she was with a very ill sister/aunt) overall, the mother has not been portrayed as one who tries to run her children's lives. Actually, in that respect, this is a wash, rinse, repeat Latino version of Kate, who does it constantly with her children.

The thing is, the show would like to attract that segment of the population that is known to love soap operas, though the ones they like are continuing, the stories are over in 6-8 weeks. Thus, the Hernandez family was expanded, a couple of very well known novella actors hired, and lots of family eating together.

Problem is, nothing was written for them, nothing helpful, interesting, etc. We rarely see the father, who could have intriguing story, great actor. Same goes for daughter who disappeared. One son's chip on shoulder is overdone, and other son may be a cop, but no story either, except making puppy eyes at a woman, who gets entirely too much airtime.. Just my opinion folks. And perhaps we can all get back to the Monday, July 18, episode of Days of Our Lives!

Aiden truly is a dolt, though presented to us all as a super smart lawyer. Did he honestly think his lies would never be exposed? And now, Andre cleverly supposedly "killed" both Rafe & Hope, & Aiden is shocked??? Give me a break.

Back