Days of Our Lives - Mon. June 2, 2014

I am out-voted; you are likely correct.

PS: A name-calling discussion about this on another forum! "Can (they) all get along?" LOL!

Thanks, Poirot! An actual script does put the matter to rest. This has been a good example of the unreliability of eyewitness testimony during a trial. I'm going to blame enunciation, and microphone work for my error...

:OT:I recall very vividly one time, Oprah was doing her show in an auditorium, a guy ran up the aisle, took a woman's purse, and dashed out a side exit. Oprah loves to do things like this.... So she asked various members of the audience to describe the man, height, hair, clothes, etc. etc. Actually, it was a cop who was asking those questions.
It was amazing all the different answers, descriptions, etc. The guy then came out, so those "witnesses" could see for themselves the errors they made. And the point was, of course, the difficult job the police have in trying ascertain what really happened, and how the bad fellow really looks.:back:

The trouble, at times, on Days, is actors drop their voices, sometimes say a word very fast, which is why folks like to use CC, despite being usually able to hear perfectly well.

:OT: In former First Lady Barbara Bush's autobiography, she talks about when President Bush got sick and threw up on someone (some world leader) at a state dinner. She said she was trying to get to him, but couldn't reach him due to Secret Service surrounding him. Later, she saw the video of the incident and saw that she not only got to him, but was cradling his head in her lap. But in the rush of things happening, she didn't remember it. :back:

And, with Days having the one take rule, unless they totally botch up the line, they just go whatever the actor says, even if it's not totally clear (or wrong, like when Alison Sweeney/Sami told little Allie to go to her "cousin" Jennifer, instead of "Aunt" Jennifer, at Alice's house. Later Ali Sweeney tweeted that she messed up the line, but they just went with it).

Back