Days of Our Lives - Mon. June 2, 2014

Add me to the list of people who thinks Nicole is being unfairly blamed for Liam's actions. Yes, she could have told sooner but she DID track down Deb and interview her about what Liam did to her to try to predict what he might do to Jen, go to Smith Island, hit Liam over the head with an oar when she saw he was holding a gun on Jen, almost get killed by blurting out what she knew about Deb and shoot at him (even if she did hit Daniel). All of which is forgotten because Liam had the shredded evidence :rolleyes:

Honestly I wish Nicole would realize she can do better than Eric. I also wish she would realize that he is just as guilty as her since he apparently led her on and made her believe she was his first choice when she was not.

There is a back way out of the apartment?? holy cow.... I so want to move to Salem.... where doors, closets, spare bedrooms, hallways, and additional exits appear as needed....
Gabi was amazing...... Hope.... well she is stressed..... not that excuses anything....
Jennifer/Marlena, Jordan/Rafe...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, Nick's object was to isolate Gabi & Ari from their loved ones, to have them all to himself. This is what he tried to do with getting Gabi the modeling job in New York. He had already arranged for nanny services, made it all perfect for himself. When Gabi decided not to go, Nick got very upset, and that is when he followed her, was going to rape her. But afterwards, while we only saw him mostly blackmailing everyone else, he was also doing the same to Gabi, intimidating her, etc. He was intent on getting Gabi & Arianna away from their family, have his own little happy household, white picket fence, flower garden, happy home life. He was an obsessive personality.....he did it with Melanie, with pills, and then with Gabi.

I'm with others, showing Gabi holding the gun and the surprise look on Nick's face that Gabi spoke of multiple times, would have been outstanding. I like that they brought out Gabi's involvement with Andrew, but to bring out Nick's attempt to rape Gabi would have been more powerful. But I suppose no matter which way it's twisted Nick didn't deserve to die, because it won't keep all the other secrets secret. In either case there are other characters involved in both situations, that could be brought to light by one of those characters when Gabi's confession hits the Salem News. After all 'Santa Claus' is still out there.

Thinking back on the Andrew/Melanie situation....who all knows about Gabi's involvement: Nick because Gabi told him, Chad, Sonny (and just wait until Will hears this secret Sonny has been keeping all this time) Justin & EJ I think. Then Nick's attempted rape of Gabi...who all knows about this: Sami, Kate, Will, Sonny, Lucas, EJ, Santa Claus...these issues will need to be addressed to really bring this storyline to a proper end.

Now Nicole and Eric....I'm so glad the writers brought out that Nicole tried to tell Eric she had the evidence to clear him and I confused what any of that has to do with Liam staking Jen Jen. He was at the cabin long before Nicole arrived. I suppose know, Nicole's shooting of Liam will be re-investigated because a motive for her to kill Liam has come out. Well almost come out, but Hope will find out about the whole mess. And Jen Jen is not going to get off scott free.....Dan the Man is not going to like her telling Eric about Nicole. He asked her to stay out of it and she didn't and that's been a problem for them in the past.....'Kaboom' trouble in Love City coming to your nearest theater.

Finally Camilla Banus, 'Gabi'....Applaud, Applaud, Applaud, Soap Opera Award quality performance. Going from her fear of Nick, to her maybe there was goodness in Nick. to he didn't deserve to die without hesitating and the facial expressions to make a grown person cry....My heart was pounding, my bladder was bursting with suspense......and I'll plan better when she faces Rafe!!

Today's episode was Camila Banus'(Gabi) Emmy reel or one of them. We still don't know what is to come. It seems to me that Gabi could have just admitted that Nick was blackmailing her due to Andrew and then she would have gotten a much lighter sentence than a murder sentence. Seems idiotic to me.

Don't even start me on Hope:sick:. And what was up with Will telling her he is sorry for her loss? Ummm I'm pretty sure cousin Will spent more time with Nick than cousin Hope ever had.

Can EJ please shave?

I get the need to keep things light but not at the expense of dumbing down Rafe. I think it was way out of character for him to turn off his phone. I would have preferred to have seen the teens. Because sadly, I don't think there is a single happy storyline on this show right now. However, I will have a front row seat for the scenes with him, Sami and Jordan tomorrow.

It was interesting that Dan wasn't on today. There was no need for Marlena and Jen. And why all the Eric talk?

My take on Eric/Nicole: Yes, he didn't let her talk but she still should have told him and showed him the evidence. Also, he DID initially say that he didn't care about the evidence. These writers drive me nuts with the content rewrites! As for Liam, Nicole had the opportunity to prevent Smith Island from happening by turning Liam in to Rafe. She knowingly chose to keep hiding the evidence instead of protecting her "friend" thereby creating a more dangerous situation than necessary. I also think that once she got to Smith Island, she instigated Liam even more. Had she been honest with Eric, Liam would have had nothing on her and she could have had him arrested for what he did to Daniel. In any event, great acting by all involved today. I still think Eric will forgive Nicole sooner rather than later. She will either be pregnant and/or something will happen to her that will make Eric realize how much he still loves her.

The whole Eric and Nicole saga is stale. I think there's as much heat as Bengay ointment. They have no chemistry. Nicole made a mistake by not giving Eric the evidence, but now every sainted-bloody-handed Salemite will say, "told you so," to Eric. I am over Dan and Jennifer. Do the writers no understand the viewers are grossed out. Percy had more sex appeal. :wink: Hope Jennifer and Marlena don't hit their butts too hard when they fall off their high horses when they confront Nicole.

Jordan/Rafe *****yawn*****
Gabi was compelling. I was disappointed in Hope. Gabi was going to be raped. Hope excused Nicks bad behavior and declared him reformed because he had a been raped and controlled in prison, and he was "working to be better." Well THAT was a big fat LIE! He tortured Gabi. He manipulated and threatened. He was a sick monster. No hug for Gabi. No, let me call my friend, Rafe. No one was there for her. Sad really. She only had.......EJ?? :cry: Hope should have stepped away from this one.

I DVR Days daily, and delete it immediately after watching. Am going to start saving it for a day, or two, so I can refer back to it. I, too thought Hope said that Gabi should die, but I could be wrong. I'm still saving the dream reveal show, though, LOL!

Hope did not say Gabi deserved to die. She said Nick didn't deserve to die.
OK thanks for clarifying. I must have heard wrong. In any case, I wish Hope were more sympathetic. I would understand if she acted this way if someone like Jennifer was killed, but she didn't really know Nick, so it made no sense that she is so upset that he was killed after he did all that terribke stuff to her own family.

Good episode - this is what soap operas are about! I admit I was tearing at the end when Gabi was talking about Arianna. And then of course how adorable is that baby??? :love: Hope should never have been on this case. I can't believe Rafe had his phone off all day, it was driving me crazy. I really want to root for Rafe/Jordan because I just want a couple to love but they are still boring.

I am glad the truth is out about Nicole and Eric, I knew their scenes would be tense by that music that started playing when Eric was looking at her with crazy eyes. It just bugs me that Jennifer told him. I also agree with a previous poster that said all this was all about Dan and Jen anyway!

Rafe is a cop, and has been called on short notice down to the station. I know it was his day off, as he said. But his sis was having problems, Nick had been killed (he was right there when it happened) & he knew she was very upset. I could understand the phone being turned off while the engaging in sex, but he never turned it back on? Never checked it for messages, even if turned off??? At least a landline phone will ring! LOL.
Just an aside, but I want a Salem phone that never ever needs recharging.

A sad, sad day in Salem :( but we got some nap time with Rafe and Jordan.

Would people have known to call Jordan's home phone? I think this is
where they were. A lot of people no longer have landlines. I still do :)

I'm glad we sort of heard what happened with Nick. I wish they had
shown something with Nick and Gabi when she shot him. Maybe later :confused:
We know now how Gabi got the gun. We saw her with the gun and diaper bag.
Will we learn how Hope figured it out?

Then Gabi mentioned Andrew and what happened before. Does
she feel guilty what happened that night?

Eric's conversation with Nicole was interesting. I think he was trying to
get Nicole to admit what she did, before he told her he knew. I'm not sure if
he can blame everything that happened on the island her fault though.

I think EJ's look with hair and beard means he's going to further to the Dark Side.
I wonder if Sami is too with her eye make up LOL

katmouse said:
I think EJ's look with hair and beard means he's going to further to the Dark Side.
How much further can he go? He was evil when he first showed up in Salem and has committed many crimes since then, including murder.

Another take on the poem:
"I only hid the truth so I could boink you."

I'm shocked that Gabi brought out the 2012 drama, but relieved as well. I'm also proud (not really the right word but I lack a better one) that she didn't hesitate when she found out Will was confessing. However I would have liked her to mention the attempted rape/sexual assault as well, just to knock Det Smug McMourning-Suddenly off her high horse for a second.

Hopefully Camila Banus submits these scenes for next year's Emmy® Awards. (I suggested it on twitter and she retweeted it!! Don't know why that makes me giddy, LOL.) She's done a fantastic job and these scenes really drove it home.

I skipped Nicole/Eric, most of Rafe/Jordan, and all of Jen/Marlena.
Boy, is it going to be entertaining to see all the Salemites line up to tell Eric "I told you Nicole was no good" :sarcasm:
I agree with everything. I'll be fast-forwarding until Eric is looking healthier (not an actor bash - I am convinced the director is going for a "look" here...) and Nicole's out of his orbit.

Hope said Nick didn't deserve to die. I heard it twice...once at work, and later on My DVR. It's also up at YouTube. But he kinda did.

Today it hit me that it would have been better for Nick to kidnap Arianna (since they ruined his character anyway) and lure Gabi to him. She kills him, presumably goes to jail, but can be back soon. Doesn't seem to be the way it's going.

COMPLETELY AGREE about Rafe having his phone off all day. Not in character but it helped DA PLOT. Ugh.

Kudos to Camilla Banus (Gabi)!!! :clap: Wow, I thought she did a phenomenal job. I cried when she tearfully told EJ that all she wants to do is hold her daughter and never let go but that won't be a part of the plea deal. If she doesn't get an Emmy nomination for that, the system is rigged.

I FF'd the Rafe/Jordan scenes since it seemed pretty evident he wasn't going to find out until the end. Sami hugging Rafe seemed awkward. I also found it odd how Sami, Lucas, Will, and Sonny seemed so lighthearted and happy while Gabi was in the other room with EJ. I know they were going for a sweet romantic moment between Will and Sonny but the mood of the scene seemed out of place to me. :confused:

I don't even think I can comment on the Nicole/Eric crap. Wake me up when this is all over.

Back