Days of Our Lives Mon., June 3, 2019

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 3, 2019

Salemites exchange conversations and confidences all over Salem today. Gabi is leaving message on her phone not knowing what to do about Stefan since Chloe caught them in bed. Along comes Stefan, who lights into her, blaming her for causing Chloe to write him off. They do their usual round and round, he is done, no more, yada, yada, starts to leave, but stops, now blames himself, took his frustration out on her, is sorry, will see her at work tomorrow. He leaves, Gabi smiles, says to herself she played that all just right.

Chloe is at the club, giving Julie a hard time about the napkins. She wants the blue ones put out, Julie is nice, knows Holly was just buried today (yep, another long, long day in Salem) says Chloe should not be there, but Chloe wants to be busy. Julie is very understanding, gentle, until Jack & Eve come in. Julie says they are closed, Chloe says no, they are open, come in, sit anywhere. Julie wants to talk to Jack privately, it is personal, takes him over to a table.

This leaves Chloe talking to Eve, telling her how she advised her to go after Stefan, who was making whoopee with Gabi for some time, she walked in on them. Eve is sorry, they talk more. Meanwhile, Julie is giving Jack a hard time about how he is treating Jennifer, then he mentions putting Jen in jail, blathering about being mayor running on law and order. Julie is appalled, tells him he may not remember the man he was, everyone else does, tho. Jen trying to help him remember. She brings up JJ, in trouble now because Jack went after Haley. Jack tells her about Jen conking him on the head with her laptop, also about him remembering the bit about him in jail, her in guard uniform. Julie says his mind is remembering, perhaps another conk on the head will bring him back to the good man he was. He remembers now....that Julie is a aggravating cow. He leaves, goes and gets Eve, who is just about to tell Chloe something important she is not sure about doing, and tells her they are leaving, and NOW.

Brady comes in on the scene, Nic on the floor, Eric kneeling beside her, Nicole claiming Eric attacked her. Her arm is cut from broken glass (no blood that I could see), she moans and complains, Eric tries explaining, Brady listens, seems to understand, but Nicole is berating Eric and insisting he leave. He does, Nicole tries hard to get Brady to “console” her, but is not too successful. He talks of what Maggie said about Kristen being there, Nicole says Maggie was seeing things, was drunk, etc. Brady tells her her Eric loves her so much, he is her good friend, but that is all. She tries to schmooze him about being only one who cared about Holly, but he denies it, reminds her he is the one who caused her to leave town.

Rex & Sarah have gone over all the notes he made while working with Rolf, nothing there to help with Will. They do mention some sort of fake skin...he tells of how Andre went around doing bad stuff, looking like Roman (he says ,my dad) They show a couple pictures demonstrating. Rex knows Rolf wanted to perfect it. He has to go to hospital, brainstorm with Kayla, leaves. Sarah alone, Eric returns, tells her what happened at Nicole's. He loves Nic so much, but saw her eyes, so filled with hate and disgust. Sarah is sympathetic, gets him coffee.

Maggie comes downstairs, no one around, pours herself a drink. Before she can take a sip, Xander walks in, surprised, but comments someone else needed a nightcap besides him, only started earlier. Maggie sets the glass down,. Xander understands, as she talks of burying Holly today, putting her to rest right next to Maggie's son. They start talking, he pours them each a drink, offers the one to Maggie, who gets sick, runs off to throw up. She returns, he talks of knows something about drinking too much, gives her water. Keep hydrated. (he has already downed both drinks.) They get to talking, he tells of losing his dad as a young lad, his mom dealing by constantly drinking herself into oblivion. He's put her to bed, have the flat to himself, the envy of all his “mates”. He used to dream of Uncle Vic taking them in, taking care of them, but he never did. He has b een on his own for years now, and here he is, living in a mansion, good job, everything he ever wanted. Maggie asks if he hears from his mom, nope, not for years. She knows what it is like growing up alone, lost her parents young, had no one. You never get over having no one to love or care about you.

Rex comes along, finds Chloe crying hard on a park bench. It has just all hit her now. Rex can feel for her. He talks of having a patient he cares about a lot, was convinced he would be able to save, but now knows he cannot. He asks if o.k. If he sits there with her, no talking or anything. Sure, she tells him to sit next to her.

Brady arrives home, the living room is darkened. He says “what the”...as he sees Maggie sitting next to Xander on the sofa, both asleep.

Kristen has angrily taken off the Nicole mask, throwing it across the room, raging as she trashes the room. Jack & Eve have returned to their room, hear the racket, screaming, noise, but it is Nicole's room, she buried Holly today, leave her be.

Back in the room, Kristen has thoroughly wrecked it, but is done, smiles, I know you love me, Brady, and you will be with me. I am not giving up, no matter what it takes.

Kristen once again makes me want to retch. This ridiculous obsession with whoever (John, Brady, Eric) is cartoonish. The original DiMeras (Stefano, Tony and eventually Andre) made for interesting viewing. They were urbane, somewhat exotic, and captivating. Kristen and any other progeny are annoying and suck the air out of any story. Begone, Bozos!

Thank you, Poirot.

I agree, Moira. Kristen = :sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

At least when others "wore" Rolf's wonder skin masks, they stayed in character of the person being portrayed.

Looks like Days is trying to humanize Xander a little. I wonder if his redemption is in the future. I'd go for it (even if absurd) just to keep him on my tv screen. OK, folks, no finger wagging at this old lady for still liking to look at eye candy. :rotfl::rotfl:

When Maggie said, "Today was the first day I've had a drink in 30 years," I thought she was lying. Then, I realized it's still the day of the funeral. Has this day taken a week and a half? Way too much has happened for it to be the same day. It feels off.

I can't stand Julie most days, but when she said she didn't much care whether a knock on the head got Jack his memory back or killed him, I laughed.

I would love to see them make Xander a more mixed character. They don't need another pure evil villain. It's better when the characters are more complicated. I wonder if this mysterious mother of his might make an appearance at some point.

Who "cheats" first: Rex and Chloe or Sarah and Eric?

Dear Writer Gods, please make Eric go away or give him a personality transplant. Amen.

Temper, temper: It's too bad that Kristen's next tantrum doesn't bring hotel security, who then recognize the DiMera monster and call the Salem P.D. It would put a quick end to this wretched plot.

Lookalikes: When Julie was giving it to Jack, she failed to notice that the guy at the next table kinda, sorta looked like her beloved Nick Fallon. It's too bad that she didn't notice this. She could have given him a free drink and treated him to one of her anti-Gabi rants.

Apology tour: Sourpuss Eric shouldn't just apologize to "Nicole." He ought to also apologize to all Salemites and Days viewers who have had to look at his scowling, glowering, or sad-sack expressions over the years. As for Eric's inability to smile, he ought to look into getting a Rolf mask that would put a smile on his face. This way, he wouldn't be scaring away Roman's customers at the Pub.

Misplaced charity: Why is foolish Chloe letting Jack and Eric into the Pub? This has to be bad for business. In fact, it's too bad that all Salem merchants don't get together and ban the awful twosome from their premises.

Sympathy tour: Now that Xander is decided to tell Maggie his tales of woe, he ought to mention other outrages that he's suffered at the hands of a cruel, uncaring world.
  • How the Salem P.D. smashed the fine dinner plates at his Greek island villa.
  • Sarah's unkind refusal to reprise their passionate tryst.
  • The cruel death of his partner in diamond smuggling, Serena Mason.
  • Victor callously failing to reward him for saving Chloe from the evil Noodle.
  • How he locked Eric in a cage and nobody thanked him for this service to mankind.

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary. I'm looking forward to watching Maggie and Xander. I like it when he shows hints of having feelings.

Does Rex's mention of fake skin and Andre looking like Roman suggest Rex might be onto something? I hope so.

What I don't look forward to is Kristen throwing a fit--or doing anything else.

Back in the room, Kristen has thoroughly wrecked it, but is done, smiles, I know you love me, Brady, and you will be with me. I am not giving up, no matter what it takes.
I don't know what the point of this story is. Does anybody actually like Brady or care about his lovelife? Because I was really invested in Brady/NicoleMadisonKristenJeannieMelanieJeannie-againNicole-againEve and now I'm over his lovelife. And Kristen is not only insane, but going about this in about the stupidest way possible.

Didn't expect that they'd talk about Fake Skin, wonder how long it will take to make the Nicole connection for our Salem dullards.

I support a pairing between Maggie and Xander, even though this left turn Victor's done doesn't make any sense. (Is he Stefano in Fake Skin? LOL)

Being a Kiriakis is not good for the longevity!

It's better when the characters are more complicated
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

On the same note of Kristenicole's story's lack of appeal, I wonder to whom Jack/Eve appeal. Eve is completely unsympathetic, and she's only being nice to Claire (another sacrificed character for DA PLOT) as long as it suits her. Jack meanwhile is walking around, spouting nonsense and not acting like himself, and doesn't seem to be actually working at his new job aside from appointing a crony to a position of great power. Where are his Deveraux ties?

Folks are just floating from scene to scene, with no real story or vision. It's depressing.

Thanks, Poirot.

It was interesting to hear Rex talk about how the ISA and Rolf were both trying to
make the masks.

How long will it take for someone to wonder about "Nicole" might be wearing one
since Eric said her eyes were not hers?

Will Kristen's temper give her away or will someone notice the fake skin?

I enjoyed Xander/Maggie and Jack/Julie.

Julie agreed with Jack he's a terrible person.

I liked the end with Chloe and Rex.

I haven't watched since May 2nd....thank you for doing the summaries. While a few episodes have seemed interesting, I have no desire to watch Holly die, or see Jack & Eve win, or watch Hope & Ted (UGH!) or fake Nicole, etc. Every weekend I think I'll binge the month, and every Monday I realize I have more to watch. The depressing Days of our LIves is just too tough to watch. Very grateful to those that write the summaries, and comment. It's probably more fun reading than it is watching these days...but I'll be back eventually.

Back