Days Of Our Lives - Mon. June 30, 2014

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, June 30, 2014

Secrets are being spilled right and left, and it is not all good at all. Jordan & Ben are in the park, talking over theri situation. Jordan intends to tell all to Rafe, though it is hard. Ben offers, but Jordan declines. As they talk, we learn Jordan left home, taking Ben with her, and evidently some money. "He" almost found them in Houston 2 yrs. ago, but they managed to go. They know he will want the money back, and Rafe, tho ex-FBI, cannot help them there. (It seems "he" acquired the money illegally). Jordan knows that if "he" has any inkling at all of where they are, he would come instantly after them.
And while these two are fearing for themselves, Kate is in Poplar Bluff, spilling all the info to Clyde, who talks like just a nice ol' country boy. She shows him a pic of Jordan, he recognizes his Tammy Sue, she tells him the name that she goes by now. Clyde claims Jordan never liked her "country" name, so exclaims over the fancy name she has now chosen. Kate shows him the picture of Ben, & Clyde recognizes his boy, Ollie. He also claims the when Jordan left, Ollie was underage, so it could be called kidnapping, but he never reported it, did not want to cause Tammy Sue any trouble. He asks if she is happy, Kate claims she doesn't really know her all that well, but..she proceeds to say they both have jobs, friends, etc. And tells him they are in Salem. Clyde wonder why Kate went thru all this trouble, had to probably fly into St. Louis, then drive hundreds of miles from there, what for? Kate tells of hiring Jordan to be her friend's physical therapist, and how she would never talk of herself, so she just doesn't want her friend hurt. Ol Clyde seems o.k. with that piece of info, and Kate even gives him her contact info (card) if there is anything more. Clyde doubts it, and leaves, asking to keep the pics, as it just does his heart good to look at them. (Uh, oh)

Back in Salem, Eve is telling and unhappy Paige all about getting the money from Jack's book, but she doesn't think that is right or good. But Eve is all happy, Jack wanted them to have the money, and every since your father went off and left us, it has been difficult, so now you can have all the things you really should have. Meanwhile, Jen is telling an upset JJ the situation, tells him not to worry, she is on it, and just get ready for graduation. Big day for you. He texts Paige to meet him, Paige makes an excuse to her mom, and meets up with JJ. They talk about what their moms told them, soon get into an argument, but then decide that they cannot let this all come between them, not their fight, it is their moms. JJ comments on Paige not telling her mom about his history. Not to worry, he is not the same person, etc. etc.

But Paige is over visiting Miss Jeannie, lol, exchanging insults and pointed barbs with each other first, but then Theresa has her fun. Telling Eve that the boy her saintly daughter is dating was climbing all over her before he ever met Paige, and in fact, was there when she overdosed. Eve is NOT a happy camper.

And then we have Nicole coming into the Bishop's office as Daniel is leaving. He is surprised to see her, but leaves and Nicole tells the Bishop her story. She saw pages and pages of documents, outlines all they contained, will write it all down for him. Confirms that Kristen planned it all, drugged Eric, she even knows the names of the drugs. The Bishop wonders just why she delayed coming to him, why she did not come immediately. She is reluctant, but then says she destroyed all those documents for love.

Hope sits in the Pub with Chase, asking him about his mom, Aiden comes up, doesn't let Chase answer, sends him for his Judo lesson. Hope is puzzled, Aiden just tells her that it is painful to talk about Chase's mother, and asks her not to do so. Hope agrees. He gets a call from Jen who needs legal advice. He goes over to the house, looks over the papers and tells a protesting Jennifer that it is all legal. Jen cannot believe this, papers were signed a long time ago, Jack never thought he would write a book. And he would have done anything to get out of that marriage. Aiden asks if Eve was uncooperative in the divorce, Jen nods yes, Aiden says it could be construed as extortion. He will call this other lawyer, and get back to her.

Eric sees Daniel, thanks him for testifying on his behalf to the Bishop, wants to take him & Jen out for dinner. Daniel declines that, Eric insists, so Daniel has to tell what happened between him and Jen, and how, though he loves Jennifer, he cannot understand her thinking he would not do what was right, and tell Eric, so she did herself. Eric is sympathetic, telling Daniel he knows, sometimes, love is just not enough.

Later, Hope comes over to make sure Jen is o.k. and hears about Eve being back in town. She asks what is going on.

Nicole is outside the Pub, sees Eric, tells him she just came from the Bishop, told him the whole story. Eric doesn't say much. Thank you for what you did. He starts to leave, she says "is that all". He tells her that really, they have nothing more to say to each other. Good-bye, Nicole.

FINALLY we get some info about Jordan and Ben. I'm wondering if Jordan's story is somewhat similar to Nicole's. Maybe Clyde was using her as a prostitute, selling her out to other men (perhaps Jerimiah is one such client) and kept the money for himself, and that's the money she stole. Or perhaps he kidnapped her and Ben in the first place, or extorted Jerimiah to give them to him, which could explain why Jordan calls him "that man." Lots of interesting possibilities.

Kate, however, should have better instincts, especially after the situation she suffered with Curtis Reed, and should have realized what she stumbled upon instead of trusting good ol' Clyde. Of course, he confirms some of what she wants to believe about Jordan... she's a runaway, she had another name, she allegedly did something criminally wrong... so maybe that's why.

I was glad Nicole made the right decision and I applauded her standing up for herself to the Bishop, too. Why she destroyed the evidence is not relevant to whether the evidence is real or whether Eric belongs back in the church. (I think he doesn't, for other reasons, but the evidence coming late is not one of them.)

I'm very curious about Aiden now. I wonder if he had a hand in his wife's death somehow. I'm thinking he was a drunk driver and she was a passenger who got killed because of his drinking.

I was glad to see Jen and Hope talk!!!! Their friendship has been absent lately.

Why why why would Eve believe a word Theresa says? She knows what her half-sister is like. Confirmation bias strikes again, maybe. She doesn't like JJ and wants to believe Theresa's version of events. That's the only way I can understand that at all.

God help Ms. Blue/Green Chunk when the full story about Clyde and his children gets back to Rafe. Instead of being grateful for "saving" him from the duplicitous Jordan Ridgeway, Kate will be lucky if the detective doesn't wring her neck. As for Nicole, it's about time that the writers gave her a break. And it might be nice if Eric gave her a bigger thank you than what Nicole received today, but viewers probably shouldn't hold their breath. As for the so-called Eve-Jack contract, Aiden is on target when he says it could be regarded as extortion. The deal between Eve and Jack was that he would marry her, she'd then get the Corelli fortune, and then she'd give him enough to save the paper. Any other conditions favoring Eve certainly look like extortion. Since this is Salem, the writers will keep the legalities simple, but the contract relates to a sham marriage and courts could prove very reluctant to enforce anything that relates to what was essentially a fraud on the Corelli estate. In addition, contracts are generally construed strictly against the drafter, so if it doesn't explicitly include books edited and published after Jack's death, the Afghanistan book could be ruled not to be covered by the agreement. (Also, did Eve ever actually get the Corelli fortune, and if so, why is she so broke now?)

Unfortunately, some of those monies were stolen back. Victor had a fit when he found out Kate gave Nicole 5 million to marry Lucas, so he hired some guy, to pretend to be a hot shot stock broker, double or triple her money. She gave it to him, and thus lost it all.
Nick Correlli's money ended up being stolen by Hawk. So, that was gone, too.

Unless that contract Eve has specifies "forever", am not too sure about Eve being entitled. However, Aiden did say the papers give her a percentage. So it isn't all.
If Jack set up a foundation to receive all the proceeds from this book, very specifically, then it just might negate any claim Eve has.

I am confused here .. in the first go around ...I thought Jack had said that he wanted all the proceeds to go to Vets, but died before it was written up.. NOW they are saying Jack arranged it all before he died.. another re-write??
Also Jack did like Eve (the extent he was willing to go through a fake marriage just to get funds for himself) so I am not surprised he was willing to agree to split proceeds with her.. thinking he'd never actually get around to writing something that made monies.

Jeannie Theresa was GROSS today. This is a character the writers WANTED to write for and she's left to bragging that she turned down her niece's boyfriend?

Meanwhile Jennifer is an idiot and needs a team of lawyers. Legal eagle JJ has declared Eve has no right to any money. Here's the thing. If Eve's document is valid, she has the right to that money. It could be argued that without Jack saving the Spectator, he may never have gotten the next job, and the next job, and so on, that led him to Afghanistan, and the book, and the money. What Jack wanted is irrelevant. But we're not supposed to think logically, we're just supposed to hate Eve. UGH. [And we would only have Jen's hearsay on what Jack thought about his marriage to Eve, so claiming extortion seems like a long shot.] As to the nature of a "sham" marriage, there were two parties to that, and it would look just as bad for both signers of the contract.

Kate was annoying today. As a formerly battered woman, the last thing she should be doing is giving out information to this skeezo that Jordan is hiding from. It would be more logical if she were to move to Jordan's side and had kept her mouth shut, but Clyde tracked Kate back to Salem. (Oh, there I go again, using logic.) It really steams my toast that Kate is so obsessive. (But that's an old gripe in the differences between how this Kate is written vs how she was written in the 1990s.)

JJ and Paige arguing over this Eve business? [See above comments.] I don't give two figs for their romance prospects, so I'm not buying this as a way to love Jenn and hate Eve. Sorry, writers.

I'm glad Nicole did what she did. While I was tweeting, I complained that she didn't offer to recreate the formulas or something, and THEN SHE DID. Score one for the writing team of today's episode!!

I'm only interested in Aiden's wife if she: A) had to be disconnected from Life Support by Aiden possibly against her wishes/her family's wishes; B) was killed by a Kiriakis, DiMera, or Tuscano; or C) was a Salemite in the past.

Jack's book is really thick. Too thick for his experiences in Afghanistan alone, I would think.

Again, Marlena, get over yourself and your saintly son. Nicole owes Eric nothing. She owes herself a clean break. Hopefully her telling the Excellency the truth and offering up the formulae and NOT saying that Eric chose her first will be enough.

This book deal could be so much better. But I fear it's only a device to make us root for Daniel and Jennifer "again." BOOOOO.

Kate, however, should have better instincts, especially after the situation she suffered with Curtis Reed, and should have realized what she stumbled upon instead of trusting good ol' Clyde. Of course, he confirms some of what she wants to believe about Jordan... she's a runaway, she had another name, she allegedly did something criminally wrong... so maybe that's why.
My thoughts exactly. Smart, capable businessperson Kate should have figured something was up and held her info close to her vest. This belief of hers that Jordan is nasty because she made Rafe unavailable is nonsense.

Eve is like Nicole, look at all the millions Nicole got from, Kate, Lucas, Victor and junior and she is doesn't have a penny to her name!
Kate/Lucas/Victor has been explained; and Nicole has stated at least twice that she has bunches of money from being an ex-campaign manager, her jobs, and an EJ settlement.

I just could not believe how smart, streetwise Kate willingly spilled all that info. A formerly abused woman, one who dealt with Stefano, Johns (hooker Johns) corporate thugs, did not get wise. But then again, maybe she was. She is just so out to "get" Jordan.

Back