Days of Our Lives - Mon. Mar. 19, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 19, 2018

Kayla is ordering a rush on Abigail's test results, thinks her patient condition is worsening. Marlena arrived, Kayla really lights into her over what John did to Steve. Marlena is calm, tries to point out he did what he could to save all their lives, since Pamela wanted Steve dead NOW. Kayla notes that he could have come to her, they could have figured something out to save them all. But John did not know the repercussions of that poison, did he. She goes on and on, but.....eventually calms down, apologizes to Marlena, just has so much rage inside her, sorry she took it out on her. Marlena is fine with it, that is what friends are for, that Kayla & Steve have so much love for each other, one cannot discount a miracle happening. But, whatever happens, they both have the support of so very many who care for them.

Meanwhile, Steve is walking, telling himself to focus, holding on to railings, making his way into the Pub. Out comes Kate, they collide, he is sorry, she asks if he is blind. Not yet, but am getting there. Off camera, he tells her the tale of the poisoning and aftermath. Who would do such a thing. John appears, it was me, I did it. Kate leaves, John & Steve are in the Pub, Steve thanks him for meeting him. They talk about Steve's eye going blind, Steve is very good natured, very jovial, doesn't blame John at all, he is his friend, will be needing him to drive him all over town. LOL. Steve notes that he lost one eye years ago due to Bo, who was his best friend. And if he loses the other eye, well, if he could forgive Bo, he could forgive John easily. The guys kid around, are drinking beers, having a good visit between friends. They begin to tease about playing darts, Steve noting that he can beat John, no matter what. John figures they need to have a game of darts right now!

Brady spends a good portion of the show, trying to convince Eve to work with him on the Faces contest, she reminds him she fired him, he notes the mag is his, they argue, he is trying to convince her he really does love her, she can never trust him again, he won't leave, she tells him if he doesn't, her boot is going to be introduced to his *bleep* (yep, laughed and laughed at that one)....they go back and forth, round and round. She talks of knowing what the town thinks of her, the gold digger who married Deimos for his money, she wants to prove herself, and more along those lines, while Brady does his still loves her, give him a chance, work together, yada, yada. Finally, she caves, will allow him to work together, but it is work (on the contest), they are not a couple....will have her assistant call his assistant. She takes Claire's pictures and is gone. Brady smiles.....it's a start!

Abigail (Gabby) comes into the study where Chad is arguing with Stefan, who is talking about going to Hong Kong, needing Abby to accompany him. Has a deal, needs P.R. Person there. Chad is against this, figures Stefan wants to flee the country since Lani was there to search his room, knows Stefan killed Andre. Stefan denies this, Gabi is charged, cites all the things against her. Chad denies Gabi guilty, Stefan threatens to fire both him & Abby, leaves them to talk it over.

Abby/Gabby tells Chad they cannot take risk of being fired, Stefan has backed them into a corner. Kate has come in, ends up siding with Abby, who goes out to talk to Stefan. Weird conversation, as first he makes sure she is still Gabby (Abby dons the wig again, feels more like herself with it on). He claims he wants to go to Hong Kong so she can be free to be herself, not worry about anything. Gabby is pleased about that, but while she figures she can handle Abigail, not so with Dr. Laura, who might present a problem. Chatter in re: Dr. Laura, with Gabby putting on glasses, Stefan making sure she is still Gabby and not Dr. Laura.

Steve & John are playing darts, joking around, Steve is blindfolded, John teasing him, they are having a lot of fun. John is jabbering away, but eventually Steve gets him to stop talking, and Steve throws the dart. John is shocked. Bull's eye. Steve removes the blindfold, John is still flabbergasted about the bull's eye. Steve grins....how're you at horseshoes?

Gabby returns to the other room as Abby, saying she is going to have to go to Hong Kong with Stefan, not to worry. She figures that Stefan is cautious around Chad & Kate, but more relaxed with her, and maybe she will be able to get something to tie him to Andre's death. Kate agrees. Gabby as Abby leaves the room. Kate notes that Chad need not worry, Abby can take care of herself, don't concern yourself that she will be alone with him in Hong Kong.

Oh, she won't be alone, replies Chad. I'm going with them.

Thank you, Poirot.

The Steve and John scenes sound good, but the rest sounds like a snooze fest to me.

I'm already bored with the "3 Faces of Abigail", and I have no desire to see the Eve/Brady bickering and manipulating show. Even Kayla is getting tiresome with her blaming of John.

On the bright side, there was no screeching by Claire, Ciara, Julie, and Val.

In MY opinion, the entire show was "filler". Nothing moved forward, but the John/Steve scenes were fun to watch. About the only thing that really happened was Eve deciding to work with Brady on the contest, since, while Basic Black was hers, Bella magazine was his. That could have been settled in about 1 minute, but they had to go round and round on falling in love , still loving her truly, blah, blah, yada, yada. (but Kassie DePaiva [Eve] did really good work in those scenes).

Be careful of the woodwork: It's good thing that John and Steve turned out to be adept at blindfolded darts. If they had missed the target and left holes in Roman's woodwork, it would have been another occasion for him to say: "What da hell?"

Sentimental journey?: If Eve's Basic Black's budget is busted, maybe she should try asking John for a loan. Wouldn't he care just a little about the fate of a company that was once his pride and joy?

Everyone hates John just a little? Who knows, but everyone knows that at least one person absolutely HATES him -- Sami Brady. After all, her chief mantra is that it was John (not rapist lowlife EJ or her own bad judgment) who "ruined" her life.

Champion groveler?: Has anyone in Salem ever begged, pleaded, and groveled more than Brady has with Eve? If there's an award in this category, Brady should win hands down.

If I were to come up with an analogy for today's episode, which I am, it would be like standing in a middle school cafeteria and having the lunch lady plopping down a big heaping portion of "don't care" on to my plate. The only scenes that were tasty or nourishing were the Kayla/Marlena and Steve/John scenes. I couldn't tell you anything about the rest of the show. No wait, that's not quite true. I did get a kick out of Eve telling Brady to "get out of my way before I introduce my boot to your *bleep*." But other than that, it was pure filler as Poirot said.

I'm hoping that Kayla discovers some kind of revolutionary cornea transplant for Steve because I must admit, it does it pain me a bit to think that his bird watching days may be over for good. *sniff*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the summary, Poirot. I keep thinking I ought to be enjoying the multiple personality story but I'm just not. I've started fast-forwarding it a good bit of the time. Also skip most of Brady and Eve.

I think today may have been my favorite scenes ever with John and Steve. Their interaction was fun and at the same time, touching.

Kayla and Marlena were okay except I didn't care for Kayla being angry. I did, however, agree with her that it seems like with all the wondrous things John has been able to do over the years, he should have been able to come up with a better way to protect Steve and his family. Yeah, I know, there wouldn't have been a story that way. I was glad the two ladies ended on a friendly note and as others have stated, no doubt Steve will get a cure, one way or another.

Thanks, Poirot.

Troy, thanks for the laugh with the "I don't care" lunch special.

It was interesting to hear Steve talk about how one best friend, Bo, took away
an eye. Now John, new best friend, is causing him go blind in the other
eye. I hope Steve gets a miracle.

How can Stefan think it's ok to take Abigail, Gabby or whomever out of town?
Is he doing it because of Gabi's trial? Or does he think it's ok to date an alter?

Boring episode

Why is Steve explaining his condition to Kate? They're not friends or family or co-workers.

I'm really not sure how Stefan can be redeemed after this. I just hope he and Gabby don't sleep together. Nice twist with Chad going along though.

Great John/Steve scenes! I thought the Marlena/Kayla stuff may have been foreshadowing for Kayla bringing Marlena in to help Abigail once they know what her condition is.

How many more days are Brady and Eve supposed to eat the show? My fast forward button has been getting quite the workout.

Champion groveler?: Has anyone in Salem ever begged, pleaded, and groveled more than Brady has with Eve? If there's an award in this category, Brady should win hands down.

Oh my word, this was so exhausting to watch! I really wanted Eve to keep telling Brady to get lost! Cringe worthy! ick

Also cringe worthy was Stefan with Gabby. Ugh. I was really hoping it wouldn't get like that.

You know a miracle will happen and Steve will regain the sight in his eye somehow. They're not going to take away the remaining vision of a man affectionately known as Patch.
Viewers can bet the mortgage money on this one. Steve may go through a short period of blindness for dramatic effect, but he will most assuredly regain his sight (even if Dr. McScruffy isn't around to perform a medical miracle). After all, Maggie seemed doomed to spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair until Deimos arranged for some medical magic. Even awful EJ was once handicapped, but eventually recovered his mobility, enabling him to resume spreading misery and discord throughout Salem. One good quote during the time of EJ's incapacity was him falling to the floor and then telling Lucas that he needed help. Lucas responded: "Yes, you do, but you won't get it from me."

I do like that they're giving Kayla a little more range of the emotional scenes (especially against Marlena in this episode) about how Steve is losing his sight. It did veer a little into the screechy (I think), but when someone doesn't have complete control of their anger and despair, that's kind of real.

Yes, John, everyone hates you just a little bit. Especially when you were a priest and, if not then, when you started poisoning Steve.

And I agree with DrBakerFan - there's definitely going to be some sort of medical miracle. I still wonder about that screencap I posted from NBC's website a couple of weeks ago, where we saw Steve with no eyepatch at all, and if that's a sign of things to come, such as, either he's magically going to have sight (and a miraculous glass eye that he couldn't have previously), or we're going to see him blind (without the patch and a miraculous glass eye that he couldn't have previously).

I agree with all who thought the scene with Steve and John was really nice. HOWEVER, I was left wondering if Drake Hogestyn (John) had a cold or a runny nose. He kept wiping his nose throughout the scene WITH HIS HAND (not a Kleenex, handkerchief or a napkin or even his shirt sleeve.) It seemed a bit, well, unsanitary. And it didn't seem to really be in character to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not notice that, however, with Days "one take" policy, if your nose begins to run for no reason (mine does) you sort of are stuck between a rock and hard place. (I carry a tissue always, in pocket, purse, etc. Nose runs, you blow it, nothing there, but, the nose runs suddenly, anyway. LOL

Back