Days of Our Lives - Mon., Mar. 6 2017

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, March 6, 2017

Tis a slow day in Salem, as Chloe visits the Salem P.D.,. wanting a faster response to the search for her missing child. Hope cannot help, is not allowed, but assures her the P.D. is doing all it can.

Brady is at the hospital, on the phone with no leads, sees Dr. Lee leaving, gets a hunch, follows him, and pressures the reluctant doc into admitting he heard from Nicole, gave her some advice on feeding the baby. Now Brady calls Paul, tells him of Nik's call to Dr. Lee, wants Paul to trace it, if he can.
Chloe meets up with Brady in the park, and just insists that Holly is her child, Nicole did not conceive her, carry her or give birth. She accuses Brady of always siding with Nik because he is in love with her. Brady denies this, they are very good friends, he cares about her, and if he was able to find her, he would bring her back to Salem immediately, own up to it all. Chloe rejects this, keeps insisting Holly is her daughter, not Nicole's.

Nicole answers a knock on her hotel room door, it is girl from next room, wanting to borrow a clean towel, if she has one, hotel hasn't come to change them. Nicole agrees, the girl pushes her way in, name is Tiffany, sees the baby, does the oohing and awwwing bit. She is rather pushy, tho lively in her talking, wants to know Nik's story. Nicole says the baby's name is Heather, claims husband/dad was a jerk, abusive, had to get away. Tiffany understands, has been in a few abusive relationships herself. They chat away, Nicole is glad they met, Tiffany offers to help her, does she need anything. Nik mentions diapers, formula, something to eat for herself. She goes to get some money, which for some stupid reason she keeps in the bag of baby stuff, while Tiffany coos with Holly, but side-eyes Nicole getting the money from bag, which she is storing in a dresser drawer. Nik gives Tiffany some money, telling her to get something for herself to eat, too.

Ciara comes home to find Theo & Claire sleeping on the sofa, Theo wakes up, Ciara tells him of her lousy date from the online dating service. Claire wakes up, claims Theo, they go out, Ciara stays to take care of some stuff in the apt. Hope arrives to visit her daughter, gets Ciara to admit to caring so much about Theo, but he is hooked up with Claire. Hope offers hugs and support, Ciara decides to tell Theo how she feels, but is hesitant because Claire is family. She doesn't tell of rejecting Theo for others, but finally does mention she pushed him away too many times. Hope advises her to talk to Claire first, she is family, she should deal with family first.

At the Pub, Claire is yapping away to her blog, asking her fans to tell others. TaTa. She moans to herself about only 200 followers, then is busy with her phone when Theo sits down, talking of upcoming exam/pop quiz, and he hasn't studied for it. She is oblivious, sorry, but she has a lot to deal with right now. Theo leaves, to go to the library to study. Claire will see him later. Ciara has come in, and when Theo leaves, comes to talk to Claire about something important. Claire just doesn't have time right now. she has to go work on her singing career, picks up her things, telling Ciara they can talk of this tonight back at the apt.

Jen has come to see Eric, but Eric is wallowing in his self imposed misery. He tells her no to the Horton Center offer. Jen talks herself blue in the face, trying to get him to change his mind, but he is adamant. She talks of all the good he could do, family that loves him, yada, yada, he is unmoved. She offers 2 weeks, back room, doesn't have to see anyone, they need help with so much. Nope, he won't go. She gets a text, it is about Nicole. That stops Eric's pity party for a bit, what about Nicole. Jennifer explains the entire thing, beginning to end.

Eric is taken aback, Nicole got her child and it was taken from her. Jen tries again to convince him that the car crash was an accident, that while he drove drunk, a terrible thing, he did not intend to harm anyone. Yes it affected lots of lives, but is he going to keep blaming himself for whatever subsequently happens to others. Sure, keep piling on the guilt.She leaves, if he wants to talk to her, he knows where she is.

Paul has managed to hack into Dr. Lee's phone, has the location of the cell tower where the call from Nicole originated. Brady thanks Paul, this is what he needed, he takes off.

Tiffany, both arms loaded with grocery bags, meets up with seedy"boyfriend". Yep, she has managed to make friends with the woman who just checked in, she has a baby, and is loaded. And yep, she knows exactly where the money is stashed.

Nicole rocks Holly, talking of making a friend, who is helping them, they are safe there, can probably stay a few days now.

Could see the Tiffany situation coming a mile away. Poor Nicole. Man we say that a lot.

Ciara, Claire, Theo - enough!! I don't care!! And I am tired of Ciara waffling. At least she said it. She pushed Theo away too many times and she did claim Claire as family so that was good. Claire is the most self absorbed creature. I don't know why Theo likes her.

Thank you for the summary, Poirot.

As far as this episode goes......wash, rinse, and repeat.
cat-nap-smiley-emoticon.gif

To paraphrase the old Bangles hit, it was "just another [snoozer] Monday" in Salem. Repetition was the name of the game as the poor viewers were treated to another chapter in the excruciatingly dull Ciara-Theo-Claire tempest in a teapot, another exercise in extreme self-loathing from sourpuss Eric (actually "sourpuss" hardly begins to describe him these days), and one more round of blather from baby-thief Chloe about why she is Baby Holly's "real mother." A few other points: Teen Ciara wouldn't be having dating problems if she'd stuck with fan-favorite Rory, blunt-spoken Lt. Raines should emerge from his office to toss the diva out of police headquarters if she dares to show up there again to run her big mouth, and the ultimate brat should be thankful that there are actually 200 people with so much time on their hands that they actually bother to go online and watch the inane "Life of Claire."

Sure is not like the Nicole we all have known these many years. But then, look what has been done to other Salemites as well. Long list.
Absolutely not. Add to this the fact that she didn't immediately kick Deimos to the curb to be with her child (à la her dumping Brady to be with Johnny/Sydney) and we have one of the 70 major plot holes in this story alone.

I'm sorry Nicole, but at any seedy motel you keep to yourself and don't answer the door. You are on the run and probably in a place with drug addicts and hookers? I mean hello? Especially with a kid, it's horrible writing to suddenly add terrible Tiffany to the mix.

For once I actually was on Chloe's side the way she defended her actions against Brady. In truth, Chloe does have a point, let's be honest. Even Brady's ex wife called out he is in love with Nicole. Guess he gets turned on by women in distress, that's his usual pattern.

Otherwise slow. But I rather have slow than episodes that seem exactly the same daily as of late.

Another fun filled day with the kiddies. Claire talking to her peeps and being upset
she only has 200 viewers. Poor thing. Poor Theo, his girlfriend would rather make
videos for strangers than talk to him.

Is Claire desperate enough to get more viewers by doing something stupid? I just
thought of a couple of things.

I guess desk duty in Salem means you can still wander around Salem whenever
you want. Hope took her break to show her badge to Ciara.
Is Ciara's apartment close to the
Salem PD or does Hope have unlimited break time?

I enjoyed Jen and Eric. He almost kissed her. It's been awhile since we saw
Ewe Search :)

I can't believe it either that Nicole just let a stranger in and now Tiffany knows
where her money is hidden.

Will Brady find Nicole before her money is stolen??? Should we stay tuned???

Thank you for the summary. I finally watched Friday's episode last night and didn't care for it. I'm thinking this one won't be any better. I haven't liked this Nicole-Chloe baby story from the beginning, and I can't endure Claire at all. I guess Theo just wants to have a girlfriend and he thinks she's the only one available. She's not even nice to him much of the time.

I actually liked this episode, mainly for the character interactions aside from Nicole and Mia 2 oops I mean Tiffany. Could they not even cast a girl who looked different from Mia?

I thought this was Greg Vaughan's (Eric) best work so far and I would dare say the best work of any actor this year. I didn't think Eric was too surprised about Holly and coupled with all the anvils today of people emphasizing that Daniel was Holly's father, I'd say there may be a twist coming. Great scenes with Jennifer too.

I enjoyed Chloe and Brady but didn't enjoy the dialogue. They DO have good chemistry. I kept waiting for them to kiss in the middle of their fight.:)

The show continues to avoid any connection between Hope and Claire. She conveniently left the loft before her grandmother arrived and then Hope's first question was about Ciara's roommates with no mention of Claire by name? Are you kidding me??? Ciara was the one who referred to Claire as family not Hope. "Gran" should have offered to talk to her granddaughter. Instead, this looks very one sided and Hope is still infuriating.

I don't think Nicole has truly been street smart since she first came on the show. Sure she can hold her own at times but she has made more than her fair share of mistakes too.

It does seem Nicole has a tendency to do that. Heck, Melanie had more street smarts than Nicole has exhibited. I remember when Kate paid her 5 million to marry love struck Lucas, & when Victor (hospitalized at the time) learned of this, wanted the money back from "golddigger Nicole", so hired some guy to be a broker with a sure thing double your money thing. Nicole did not even begin to smell the rat, ended up losing the entire stash.

Nicole seems to fall for the wrong guys, believes the scams, and gets short changed constantly when it comes to love, family, etc.

Back