Days of Our Lives - Mon., May 11, 2015

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, May 11, 2015

Interesting episode. At the hospital, Brady tells John that he is holding his son, will explain it all later, Kristen is involved. A doctor comes in to take the baby, run some tests, Dr. Williams wanted a 2nd opinion. John figures this is a good time for Brady to tell him all, which he does.
Meanwhile Theresa is at the Pub with Eve, doing her non-stop talking, doesn't want to call Mom & Dad, doesn't want them flying to Salem, hovering, telling her what to do. Eve figures Theresa is out to get Brady back, Theresa denies this, focus on her boy, she is worried about doing the right thing, saying the right things to him, but what if he hates her, like she hates her mother? Eve assures her that it will all come naturally to her, being a mom does that, and it is the one right thing she has done in her life.
Cole is smirking away like mad in the park, as he recalls hiding the pot in JJ's backpack, and calling in the tip to the cops.
At Jen's, Roman wants to talk to JJ alone, JJ insists he has nothing to hide, Jen has him come in, leaving the door open, and Abby comes in next. Roman tells of the tip received that JJ was dealing drugs yesterday morning, Jen says he was in physics class, JJ admits he was not, overslept, Paige is keeping mostly quiet. JJ denies, tells Roman to go search his room, the whole house, and start with this, handing him his backpack. Roman is not jumping the gun, Jennifer & Abby defend JJ to the hilt (how he straightened his life around, etc.) appreciates Roman coming there himself, and all he has done for her family. Then more or less shows him the door, telling him to call Theresa & Marlena, they have something to tell him.

Loved this next part. Kate spots Lucas in the Square, talking with a young woman, marches up asking what is going on. The girl gets up and leaves when Lucas says he needs a minute alone with Ms. Roberts. Kate bristles at that, but Lucas says that is all she is to him now. Turns out Audra (the young woman) is head designer at Mad World, and since Lucas no longer works there......Ah, but neither does Audra. Lucas is smiling as he breaks the news that he now heads up Countess Willhemina, that Billie is thrilled, and that Audra is now working for him. Kate is rather indignant, as he walks away, but he shrugs her off, don't touch him, reminds her what she did when she learned of him & Adrienne, that she is nothing to him any more, Good day, Ms. Roberts.

Marlena shows up at DiMansion, wanting to tell Chad exactly what happened, how & why Kristen died, she was there. Chad did not know this, she explains everything, he asks about the baby, she tells of the immune deficiency, which is treatable. Chad has quietly taken it all in. Marlena tells him of it being self defense. He looks at a picture of Kristen, talks of how this family is all screwed up. Marlena talks of knowing his mother, a lovely woman.....but Chad interrupts. A whore! And my father? So this is what we are. She assures him that he controls his own life and decisions, and his life is what he makes of it.

Back at the hospital, Paul comes out of the elevator, sees John & Brady talking. John is telling Brady he has something to tell him, long, will do so later, right now Brady has to concentrate on the baby. Paul is asking a nurse who John is talking to, learns it is John's son, Brady. Now he sees the men hug,, so comes up, says "so you told him". John is trying to say something, Brady is babbling about knowing who Paul is, this is not a good time, then mentions knowing Sonny & Will and not liking how Paul messed with them both. John is trying to talk, Theresa barges in, and does her non-stop talking bit, as usual, about family crisis, and staying away, blah, blah. No one gets a chance to say a word, as she goes on and on, even mentioning Paul coming on to her, but really wanting her to be his beard, until finally John says, Theresa, for crying out loud, just shut up. She stops, John says, Paul is my son. This goes over like a lead balloon. John tells Brady this is your half brother. Paul figures this is a family of which he wants no part, and walks off.
A nurse comes up saying the tests are done, John tells the parents to go see their son, he will talk to Brady later, and goes to find Paul. Brady & Theresa go into the room, talk to the dr. a minute, he leaves, the two stare at their son, Theresa is so worried now, hugs Brady.

Chad sits alone, looking at Kristen's picture. His phone rings, he sees it is Father. He is not answering.

Marlena is cutting through the park, a man blocks her way. She turns to go a different path. Another man block her way there. She starts to hurry off in a 3rd direction, and another man steps in front of her. All are well dressed, suits, ties, not a word is spoken. She backs up against Benchie, says "gentlemen, .............."

Jennifer & Abby were happy to stick up for JJ, now have to leave. They are in the square, having shopped, evidently planning a surprise for someone (Paige??) and figure to spring it the day before her birthday.Jen has to tell Abby something first, it is important. They sit at a table, and Jen tells her Kristen is dead. Abby says "oh, no........Chad!"

Eve has come home, soon visited by the smirking Cole. He tells her how the deed is done, he planted the weed in JJ's backpack, and called the Tip Line. Eve has a major meltdown, he should not have done that, they have to be so careful, and plan. She is having a fit, is very angry, telling him that now, he could go to jail. He grins, says "you mean WE could go to jail. That's it, she grabs him, and is throwing him out of her apt. She has the back of his shirt squished in her hand, as she opens the apt. door...and there stands a puzzled Paige.

Earlier, after Jen & Abby left, Paige was asking JJ if perhaps her mother could be involved here. No, JJ figures that someone he had previously supplied in the past was ticked off at him or something. Paige leaves. JJ ponders, then remembers he has a paper to finish. He opens his back pack, takes out some papers or a book, realizes something else is in there, finds the packet of weed.

I wanted to vent about Theresa for a quick minute. She took a cheap shot at Paul with that line about taking the elevator back to the closet. That and her sticking her nose clearly where it doesn't belong made my hate for this character reach epic proportions today. I wonder if she knows her cousin Will was so stuck in the closet before coming out that he was willing to go to jail for killing Stefano to hide the fact that he was at a gay bar. NEVER...NEVER have I hated a character this much and that says something considering how much I openly despise Daniel and Melanie Jonas. This is the woman who stands proudly before John and Brady after almost killing John and blaming Brady (I'm never letting that go) and judges Paul for "seducing" an all too eager Will. And I won't start in on Brady. I'll jusy say that the resident drunk (who happens to be back on the wagon for now) and the town druggie can both go to hades.

I'm sorry, to me, this episode lacked... pretty much everything. No suspense, no real drama, no real emotions. The only parts I did enjoy a little, was Marlena talking to Chad. Classy woman. And I still like Chad, at least, he's not one dimensional.

I'm with you, cryin, I despise Theresa. She reminds me of Sami (and those who know me here are well aware how much I hated this character), constantly shooting her mouth off, judging others, acting like she never did anything wrong. No matter what Theresa says, or what soft music is playing when she says it, as a desperate effort to make me feel something, it's not working : I feel nothing, not an ounce of sympathy for this horrible woman. So all this baby stuff is being wasted on Theresa. And on Brady too, who was a real jerk to Paul. And though I very much like Paul, in my opinion, he's a great addition to the show, he was wasted today too. So was John.

Lucas and Kate : Let's hope Lucas sticks to his guns this time !

Jennifer, Paige, Eve, Abigail, Roman, Cole : blah, blah, blah. Can this stupid, stupid storyline be over, yet ? How long do we have to endure this farce ? :rolleyes:

Jennifer, Paige, Eve, Abigail, Roman, Cole : blah, blah, blah. Can this stupid, stupid storyline be over, yet ? How long do we have to endure this farce ? :rolleyes:

NO, this story should not/cannot end before Fred gets at least another MENTION, because we LOOOOOOVE good drama and this is what we are getting. This story will run well into summer.:sarcasm:

Is the "weed" still in a gallon size ziploc baggie??? Is this the product Clyde is responsible for??? Will he extract revenge on Eve and Cole for upsetting Abby, his precious son's lover???

If JJ's backpack was downstairs, whose was it that Cole planted the weed in. Assuming it was Paige.

Oh, I wondered as well. JJ & Paige were in HIS room with Cole under the bed on Friday. Paige & JJ left, Cole stashed the weed and snuck out of the house, while JJ & Paige were kissing on the sofa.
Today, the backpack was on the sofa.........so am guessing TinkerBelle waved her wand and it floated down the stairs, onto the sofa. ??? In Salem, anything is possible. Maybe he just wiggled his nose.

I'm thinking of starting a fan club for Jeanine Theresa Donovan I'm wondering if Cryin4Days would be interested in a position as vice-president? :)

Seriously I would have to put this episode in the "meh" folder. There was nothing particularly horrific about it although the scenes with Theresa attacking Paul for absolutely no reason came close. But other then that it was just pretty much the same old same old.

Although to be fair I did enjoy Lucas socking it to "Mrs. Roberts" and seeing Kate wipe the tear from her eye was a nice touch. I was reminded of the old adage about making your bed and lying in it.

And I have to ask what would do without the genius criminal machinations of Eve and the Boy Blunder *Cole*? I don't know about the rest of you but I would really really like to find out and hopefully soon.

I wanted to vent about Theresa for a quick minute. She took a cheap shot at Paul with that line about taking the elevator back to the closet. That and her sticking her nose clearly where it doesn't belong made my hate for this character reach epic proportions today. I wonder if she knows her cousin Will was so stuck in the closet before coming out that he was willing to go to jail for killing Stefano to hide the fact that he was at a gay bar. NEVER...NEVER have I hated a character this much and that says something considering how much I openly despise Daniel and Melanie Jonas. This is the woman who stands proudly before John and Brady after almost killing John and blaming Brady (I'm never letting that go) and judges Paul for "seducing" an all too eager Will. And I won't start in on Brady. I'll jusy say that the resident drunk (who happens to be back on the wagon for now) and the town druggie can both go to hades.

THIS times 1,000,000! I can't begin to tell you how angry I was while Brady just stood there letting Jeannie run her mouth against Paul. I kept waiting for him to shut her up. This couple does NOT work! Give it up TPTB! Samantha Gene was ultimately redeemed and matured during her relationship and marriage to Rafe. For Jeannie to have any type of redemption at all, she needs to get out of Brady's orbit and with someone like Rafe (but NOT actually Rafe). If she must stay, let's see them try her out with Ben. She and Brady just look and act ridiculous together. No chemistry and not entertaining at all.

For an episode with a bunch of stories coming to a head, it sure was an uneventful episode. I think the John-Paul reveal would have been much more powerful without the baby involved and with Belle actually involved. And overall, this seems like another case of the parent and child going through parallel storylines with the sudden reveal of a son. Just like Lucas and Will and their respective affairs. Do these writers know how to write anything else?!?

I enjoyed Chad and Marlena but didn't really understand why Marlena cares about Chad's opinion. I would have preferred to have seen her at the hospital with John and Brady.

Nice to see Roman for more than 30 seconds. But those scenes were silly.

Enjoyed Lucas very much and the very appropriate mention of Billie. Now let's get these folks some office sets that don't have blue walls!

More typical Salem cluelessness was on display. There was Eve and her foolish alliance with the dim-witted and criminally-minded Cole, Jeannie T. and Brady ripping into Paul because they were missing all the key facts, and Roman who was wasting his time bothering poor JJ when he knew that Marlena was involved in the death of Kristen. He knows all about Stefano's fondness for vengeance and that anyone involved in the death of a DiMera will be made to pay (ask Philip about that), so why weren't some of Salem's finest assigned to keep on eye on her? As for Kate (or as Lucas now calls her, "Ms. Roberts"), what did she think would happen after she cost Lucas his job? She should have thought back to his reaction when she conspired to ruin the "green wedding." Finally, if Roman ever needs a source who will vouch for JJ being drug free, he ought to speak to Rory, the leading expert about the drug scene at dear old Salem U.

A decent episode, thanks for the summary. Glad JJ wasn't arrested, but this storyline is ridiculous and needs to end already. I liked the Marlena scenes and the Lucas ones---here's to hoping Lucas sticks by his decision. The rest of the episode was all over the place and not so good. Why is Brady so concerned about Sonny & Will when he almost never interacts with them? Why is Theresa, of all people, throwing low blows at Paul? She's no saint, and her relative (Will) is gay too, and once was in the closet.

Theresa probably still has her nose out of joint, because......she came on strong to Paul, and he rejected her. She doesn't care about the reason, just that he was not really receptive to all her flirting. She figured he had money and was a big sports star, and so was making her moves. Did not work. She is now embarrassed, so has to throw her barbs every which way.

If she must stay, let's see them try her out with Ben.
First of all, Theresa and Ben will never work. Ben is boring and an awful character and Theresa is way too good to be saddled with this idiot. He's almost as bad as Brady. Second of all, the only way that Theresa will ever get out of Brady's orbit is if Christopher dies, which will never happen. On the other hand they could introduce a new love interest for her but either he is going to turn out to be a creep or some other woman will steal him.

And also if Ben hasn't done anything for Abby as a character, how would Ben do anything for Theresa as a character.

Back