Days of Our Lives - Mon., Nov. 19, 2018

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Days of Our Lives
Monday, November 19, 2018

Chad comes to see Jennifer, who is in no mood to listen to anything he has to say. She reads him a riot act, berates his actions in taking her pregnant daughter to some remote island, never calling her. He claims no reception, of course not, everyone knows that….he says he didn’t. (Huh?) She rips him up one side, down another, taking Abby away from her newborn, not calling for ambulance to take her to hospital, or take them both after born. She says he doesn’t care, because the baby is not his, but Stefan’s, Chad denies this. He can say very little, as Jen rants at him, how he deserted Abby, didn’t stand by her, finally telling him to leave her house, NOW.

Abe is not happy, 1st day of work, Sheila not there, neither is Eli, Lani says she will check, he says don’t bother, but if you see her, tell her she is fired. Lani tries calling Eli, then goes over to his apartment. He lets her in, just got up, Sheila comes out of the shower, saying how nice it felt, Lani gets wrong idea, but turns out Sheila was sick, ate some leftover oysters in Eli’s fridge, made her ill, he was taking care of her all night, fell asleep finally at 5 a.m. Sheila gets dressed, Lani tells her she was fired, Sheila figures she will talk Abe out of that, leaves. Eli wonders why this all bothers Lani, why she helped Sheila in first place. Lani claims feeling sorry, no money, job, Eli had to put her up. He smiles, and if Sheila has a job, she would move out of here on her own, huh? Lani wants him to quit smiling at her, leaves, will see him later at the cop shop.

Tripp is getting cold feet, Claire spends a great deal of time giving him a pep talk, even bringing up his mother who is now dead. Poor, abused Tripp, she makes up more excuses for what Tripp did than one can imagine. She assures Tripp Wyatt won’t tell, she gave him more money. Tripp seems uncomfortable, but she keeps assuring him he did the right thing. She gets an alert from her bank, uh, oh, Wyatt returned the money, it is back in her account. She tries to call Tripp, then goes off to find him.

Ben see Ciara, tells her it wasn’t Wyatt who framed him, it was Tripp. Wyatt was paid off……and by Claire. They go back and forth a bit about Wyatt being a liar, her asking Tripp who denied he did it. Ben knows he is her boyfriend, doesn’t want to make trouble, just thought she should know.

Ben runs into Claire, wants to know why she is lying to him. He thought they were working together, but she had gone behind his back. What is going on?

Ciara goes to see Tripp at work, tells him what she heard, knows she asked him before and she believes him, and figures this is all wrong. Tripp says no……he hesitates, then admits it is not wrong, he did it, he framed Ben.

Sheila arrives at work, Abe tells her she has been fired. She tries to convince him to give her a chance, she needs the job. Abe is unmoved. She tells of being sick, he comments about too much partying, but she explains about Eli’s leftover oysters in the fridge. Abe is still unmoved….she gags, gags again, and bend over, throwing up. She looks up, sorry….now do you believe me? Abe stares at her in disbelief.

At Bayview, Abby asks how Gabi got in her room. Gabi says she lied a bit, knowing family only could visit, said she was JJ’s wife. She goes on a huge thing about being Abby’s friend, talks of things they did, braid each other’s hair, manicures, blah, blah, Abby isn’t buying any of it, but Gabi just goes on and on about being her good friend. But, finally, she talks of poor Abby, being separated from her baby, cannot imagine how that feels. Oh, yes, I can…her demeanor changes, she is vindictive, talks of being in prison, away from her daughter who thinks her mother abandoned her. She talks of Abby framing her, killing Andre, getting off. Abby is calm, talking of that not being her, but the alters, mentions it being Gabi dressing her in wig, etc. Gabi brings the wig out, you mean this one? She really begins pushing buttons, and Abby suddenly jumps up, you are not going to get away with this, she is choking Gabi up against the wall, Chad comes in. (If family only, how did he get in?) He pulls Abby off Gabi, who immediately yaps about being attacked, Abby is struggling, says Gabi lying, says she has the wig in her purse. Gabi shoves it in a corner, Chad checks her purse, no wig. Abby is talking fast, trying to get Chad to believe her, telling him what happened, what Gabi said she did, Chad yells for a nurse. The room is empty, as Gabi puts everything back in her purse, including the wig, Chad comes back, says Abby in in restraints now, and in a more secure room. She won’t be hurting anyone. He departs, Gabi has a very satisfied look on her face.

Claire and Tripp remind me so much of Sami & Lucas trying to stop Nurse Lynn from blowing them out of water. I’m glad the walls are closing in on them and this storyline is moving along. Too bad Hope and Rafe will probably halt this progression by refusing to see what is right in front of them.

I know many are still conflicted about Ben (a known serial klller) walking around Salem, but his confrontation scenes are too good. I love the tension and ominous music, even though I know he’s not going to risk all his progress.

I’m not big on Eli and Lani, but I enjoyed their scenes today. I also liked the Abe and Sheila dynamic. It’s fun to see Abe being humorous with a silly character. I like Abe, but often found him and Lexi dull or too serious.

I’m so ready for this Gabi and Abby storyline to wrap up. Unfortunately, the show got rid of so many characters for the time being that I’m sure this will be the main focus for a while and it will drag and drag. I can’t imagine thinking Gabi is a awesome villain. She hasn’t even had one of those moments with a angel and a devil on her shoulder or seen a figment of her imagination In the mirror talking back to her lol. She talks about how damaged her relationship is with Arianna, but she’s at the hospital tormenting Abby instead of with her daughter :rolleyes:

I’m curious to see how this storyline wraps up. Gabi was just in prison earlier this year. I don’t think they would go that route again, plus she’s getting awfully close to Sami’s incarceration record. I don’t think they want anybody touching that beautiful record :sarcasm: and if Rafe tries to defend her, with the hate he’s getting these days, they might have to kill him off.

This was a good episode. Nothing to rave about though.

Bayview seems to be just as lax as the cop shop and Salem hospital. Patients are given their pills, told to take them later without supervision. Family only visitors means anyone can lie, say they are related, proved today by both Gabi & Chad easily getting in. Not even a one visitor at a time rule for mentally ill. No nurses or aides hearing all the yelling and screaming from the room..

By the way, today was evidently the last day for Marci Miller, who plays Abby, and her replacement, Kate Mansi, who had played Abby previously, will not appear until Nov. 29th.

Yeah it's ridiculous that Gabi could get into to see Abigail. Just say you are married to her brother and all is fine. But seriously wig just laying there on the floor but Chad can't look around for one second to check to see since Abigail swears there was a wig!!! No because he doesn't believe anything she says!! I cannot wait for it all to come out and Chad sees what an idiot he is!! Missed her DID the first time around and now totally fell for the ruse of her DID being back this time. It's ridiculous and Abigail better not forgive him for all this!!! I thought it was ridiculous that Jen was so mad at him. She went with him the first time to have Abigail committed but now she's against it?

I am glad that Tripp admitted to it instead of continuing to lie to Ciara. Should be interesting now. What will Hope do with Ciara getting closer to Ben?

Jen did point out, in her rant to Chad, that all the while Abby has been living there, she never once saw anything of her DID, and that neither has Chad. Yes, Gabi & Kate said she attacked them. Jen is not against Abby being in Bayview, she is angry at the way it was accomplished. She thought there should have been an easier, more humane and caring way....i.e. getting Abby & baby to hospital after the birth, and thus go from there. She also is very upset that Chad just gave Abby's baby to the man she despises the most, a man who refuses to let the grandmother, uncles, aunts, etc. anywhere near the baby.

It was a big day for the babblers and the ranters.

Professional ranter Jenny did her best to slice and dice Chad who gets kudos for responding in a way so many others who have received the same treatment should have -- he said, "whatever."

Second-rate ranter Lani tried to do a number on Eli, but her major problem is that she herself doesn't know what she wants. Instead of badgering Eli, she should get over to the police station and help her father get Doug's tainted oysters off her father's shoes.

Big-time babbler Gabi was making her pitch to the wrong audience in Abigail and was seriously choked for her trouble. She shouldn't get too confident about her apparent victory today. In the long run, she's doomed.

Amateur babbler Claire did her best to salvage her dumb little plan, but unlike big-time Salem schemers, she just didn't have what it takes. She should give up the scheming game and go back to obsessing about her YouTube numbers.

Thanks for the summary. I'll have to pick and choose what I watch of this episode. Watching Claire almost makes me feel ill, and I don't care for the Sheila character at all. She's arrogant and crude, and watching anybody vomit is not my idea of must see tv. I've had it with Chad too. I will look forward to seeing him realize what a mess he's made of things though, with his blind allegiance to Kate and Gabi. He could have tried again to call Abigail's grandmother (instead of Stefan) or at the very least, take her to the hospital and have a therapist check her out there, rather than trick her and have her committed.

Thanks, Poirot.

Should we call this day, Being Honest Day?

Gabi told Abby the truth that she was gaslighting her. Gabi made Abby so mad
that she fought her. Now Abby is confined to a room.

Wyatt gave all the money back to Claire again.

At the end, Tripp told Ciara the truth that he was the one that framed
Ben. Will he tell her he was working with Claire to have Wyatt confess?

I think we all know whose side Claire is on. HER side.

I thought Shelia was going to be a fun character. After today, I'm no
longer interested.

Days was recorded on my DVR for 2 1/2 hours so I thought maybe they were condensing 5 days of Days episodes into 2 days, but it was actually the normal 1 hour episode. Just recorded for an extra 1.5 hour for some reason. I haven't watched it yet but I looked at the Xfinity app.

:huh:So Claire has this Face of Bella job, a job that apparently pays very well and she has at least a couple grand just sitting in her bank account, but yet.... We only see her continuing to work as a waitress.:huh::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Bella job ended. Eve told Brady when he came back from Nashville that Basic Black was ended by DiMera Enterprises, which is one of the reasons she left town.

So when is Hope going to run into Sheila now that Sheila is working for Abe? Didn't Sheila and her buddy threaten to kill Hope when she was in prison?

I was also wondering how Chad got into the room at Bayview since he is no longer Abby's husband. There should also be more scrutiny at the desk as Gabi easily lied to the staff she was married to JJ to get in. Also, Chad did not look very hard for that wig. It's obvious that despite Jennifer yelling at him he still feels he is right for what he did.

At least Ciara now knows the truth about Tripp planting the evidence. Can we please have a final report come back that the fire in the cabin was an accident so Hope and Rafe can stop harassing Ben.

This is my main issue with the show now. There are too many plot holes to allow for these "big dramatic scenes" to make them watchable. (Or re-watchable.) Sure, the actors are turning out some great performances, but at the expence of our cognitive abilities.

Meanwhile, I'm interested in where Sheila and Abe are going - because I have truly no idea. I'm still laying money on the idea that she's a foil for Lani/Eli to get back together. But I'm really not sure, and I like that.

I’m so frustrated, disappointed, and yes sometimes furious. I know we’re lucky it’s
still on the air but one would think with all the soaps that have already been
dropped Corday would strive for DOOL to have must see, can’t miss episodes.
Nope, not even close. They keep hiring these “award winning” writers that are
going to “fix” our beloved Days and this is what we get. I get the feeling
they don’t really care. It’s sabotage I tell you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back